Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The angels and summoners are not bad nor hard to deal with. There are specific fox holes for the summoners and the angels can be juked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Azuth0667 posted:

The angels and summoners are not bad nor hard to deal with. There are specific fox holes for the summoners and the angels can be juked.

Except, you know, they completely are.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh well that doesn't do jack poo poo for me.

Oh sorry. I maxed out that covenant in a weekend following that strategy. This was in Jan/Feb on PS4.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

...! posted:

Except, you know, they completely are.

No you hold a button down and run past them similar to the anor londo archers. Sure it might take a few attempts as you get a feel for it but, it really isn't that bad. I take it you have not met the optional boss?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What level are people getting lots of summons for the spears? I'm at 80 and thought that was an ideal PvP level but its going pretty slowly.

Then again I see the 3 embers symbol at the bonfire so maybe its less being in a bad level range and more "everyone else is trying to get summoned too".

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

What level are people getting lots of summons for the spears? I'm at 80 and thought that was an ideal PvP level but its going pretty slowly.

SL 127 I get like 6 or so in short succession then have to wait 15~ minutes before getting more.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It might more about time of day, but I'm around 115 and get summoned regularly

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

People have talked about invading in the start of the Ringed City area.

You want to know what's better then that? Using a seed on an invader. :getin:

I just watched as this invader got poo poo on by everything in the area.

e: I didn't have any luck getting summoned as a spear at SL127ish, but I only waited a few minutes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Maybe I should bring my Pyro up to 120 but I really hate how little I get out of leveling at this point. Plus at that level people have to make a lot less decisions with their build and can get pretty much everything they want.

Oxyclean posted:

You want to know what's better then that? Using a seed on an invader. :getin:

I just watched as this invader got poo poo on by everything in the area.

This is just the normal invader experience though. We're used to it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 29, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

This is just the normal invader experience though. We're used to it.

I mean, at least in the times I've had to deal with seeds as an invader, there's some time to run to safety. There was no escape for this poor soul.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Has anyone tried blocking the entrance to the little cave past the first angel with the door shield? I thought that would be a funny troll way as an invader to kill people.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Internet Kraken posted:

Then again I see the 3 embers symbol at the bonfire so maybe its less being in a bad level range and more "everyone else is trying to get summoned too".

You're probably just too low. I was having difficulty with the inner ringed city and said gently caress it and bumped myself up 10 levels for some extra vigor, to go up from 900 hp, and I have zero wait time on summons/invasions/being invaded at SL 105.

Oh and for real gently caress the Inner Ringed City. Was having so much difficulty until I said gently caress it and very, painfully slowly and methodically went through the area and abused my greatbow a shitload. I really wish there was a shortcut in there, once I said gently caress it and ran for the bonfire in the swamp and cleared backwards it was much easier going.

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 29, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Are there any updated DS3 character builder tools yet?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

hanales posted:

Has anyone tried blocking the entrance to the little cave past the first angel with the door shield? I thought that would be a funny troll way as an invader to kill people.

Be fine till someone whips out fire tempest or any spell that rips up from the ground

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Can anyone tell me why/how when I did my Spears fight, I got two bosses and they killed each other?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0oi6_1Jf3o

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Shannow posted:

Be fine till someone whips out fire tempest or any spell that rips up from the ground

I was thinking the angel would take care of that

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Midir is pushing my poo poo in on NG+4. It's a really tightly tuned boss when 10 minutes go by and you're 1/10th through his HP bar and have half your estus left.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

The angels are perfectly fine compared to the summoners in the next area. Those are one of the few times in the series I've thought an enemy was complete and total bullshit. And of course they loving respawn :suicide:

Also did anyone actually figure out the "Show Your Humanity" puzzle without any sort of hint?

That vaati guy says he spent literally ten hours trying to figure it out.

I like to think I would have figured it out on my own because I obsessively use chameleon and always take it it even if my character is 100% strength. Turning into stupid poo poo is fun as hell.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
oh my god all you pyros complained about Demon Prince but Midir is a hundred times worse :cripes:

I do 140 damage when I hit him in the loving head.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Martian Manfucker posted:

Midir is pushing my poo poo in on NG+4. It's a really tightly tuned boss when 10 minutes go by and you're 1/10th through his HP bar and have half your estus left.

This is why I made sure to do the dlc on NG this time around. Even on NG I thought the bosses had way too much hp.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh my god the paired greatswords are so cool this is amazing

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Augus posted:

NG+, around SL 135, 400 to the head was what I was doing with a greatsword, around 200 with a straight sword. Pretty sure he's just really tanky.

Yeah I got him eventually. Took forever though.

That said I don't get all the hate he gets. I loved the fight, it felt like a Monster Hunter boss in many ways. He's relentless but has clear tells, your positioning is important since you want to hit him in the head, and he really rewards learning his moveset and being patient rather than DPSing him while praying you won't get hit. Good stuff.

I feel like this should instakill you though: https://gfycat.com/CreativeVacantDorado

Elman fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 29, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone help me out here.

With these stats, what weapon can I use (two-handing for str) that will work best against Midir? Onyx blade and demon scar are worthless right now. I had a lightning brigand axe on hand but its barely an increase in damage.

Elman posted:

I feel like this should instakill you though: https://gfycat.com/CreativeVacantDorado

How have I fought this boss 20+ times now for over 2 hours and never seen that

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 30, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

As always Raw rear end buffed with pale pine resin.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Internet Kraken posted:

I logged in yesterday morning at around 11 AM on a SL532 character and was getting Spears summons every 2 minutes at worst. If an absurdly overleveled character can get summons at an incredibly off-peak time it shouldn't be a problem. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Azuth0667 posted:

What does the Dancer have to do with this?? :circlefap:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the talk about the angels reminds me of how some people said that the anime shrine in ds2 was perfectly fine at first

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

With these stats, what weapon can I use (two-handing for str) that will work best against Midir? Onyx blade and demon scar are worthless right now. I had a lightning brigand axe on hand but its barely an increase in damage.

What don't you just respec

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Also did anyone actually figure out the "Show Your Humanity" puzzle without any sort of hint?

I walked out of the door, saw the white tree, thought it was oddly placed and used one of its branches out of curiosity . I felt more lucky than clever but hey.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I walked out of the door, saw the white tree, thought it was oddly placed and used one of its branches out of curiosity . I felt more lucky than clever but hey.

I came close, but didn't get that I would have to walk out into the swamp for the right transformation. Stood in front of the message and used up all my branches thinking I was just getting bad RNG, then gave up.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Two-hand a raw Dragonslayer's Axe or the Drakeblood Greatsword, then buff with gold pine bundles.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Azuth0667 posted:

Right, that worked well. Beat him on the first try with that. Turns out doing damage makes the fight much easier! :regd09:

Have any of you guys managed to get a riposte on him at any part other than the end of the fight? I hit him in the head for the whole thing and he only got staggered at the very end. The same thing happened in my first fight with him. I think it might be a cinematic kill.

hanales posted:

What don't you just respec

I didn't want to have to spend two respecs just for this one boss. I'm not even sure I have any left.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I came close, but didn't get that I would have to walk out into the swamp for the right transformation. Stood in front of the message and used up all my branches thinking I was just getting bad RNG, then gave up.

Yeah that's the main reason I can't see many people getting this without hints. Figuring out to use a branch is one thing but you also have to specifically do it in the swamp which is weird. I feel like the hint would work a lot better if those floating humanity enemies were actually in the swamp.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Right, that worked well. Beat him on the first try with that. Turns out doing damage makes the fight much easier! :regd09:

Have any of you guys managed to get a riposte on him at any part other than the end of the fight? I hit him in the head for the whole thing and he only got staggered at the very end. The same thing happened in my first fight with him. I think it might be a cinematic kill.

I didn't want to have to spend two respecs just for this one boss. I'm not even sure I have any left.

Yeah that's the main reason I can't see many people getting this without hints. Figuring out to use a branch is one thing but you also have to specifically do it in the swamp which is weird. I feel like the hint would work a lot better if those floating humanity enemies were actually in the swamp.

I never managed a riposte or a bleed on him no matter what combination of weapons+buffs I was using.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I gotta get to the bottom of the crevasse. I got directions, but they talk about a tower with a statue and I ain't seeing it. Where do I go?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd just respec.... Your stats are all over the place.

Plus lvl 82 seems low for the DLC

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
PSA: don't bother killing the drat angel/pilgrim/Darklurker that shoots at you. Bastard just respawns without giving you a single soul.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ending of the DLC left me feeling a bit hollow, pun not intended. Considering how much they hyped this up as "the last Dark Souls thing" , I didn't at all get the sense of closure and satisfaction that I did from AoTA or The Old Hunters. I dunno, something about the final boss just felt off, I can't really put my finger on it yet.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bogart posted:

PSA: don't bother killing the drat angel/pilgrim/Darklurker that shoots at you. Bastard just respawns without giving you a single soul.

It'd be kind of cooler if they actually looked like the Darklurker or something.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Augus posted:

Ending of the DLC left me feeling a bit hollow, pun not intended. Considering how much they hyped this up as "the last Dark Souls thing" , I didn't at all get the sense of closure and satisfaction that I did from AoTA or The Old Hunters. I dunno, something about the final boss just felt off, I can't really put my finger on it yet.

Because he was a nobody that contributed nothing to the series. I have no issues with the fight itself (besides how overly lol epic it was) and the arena was neat but the DLC doesn't actually do a single thing to wrap up the series. If anything it leaves another loose plot thread for Dark Souls 4 which will probably be made by some no name port house.

Also I'm halfway through NG+ and this seems exactly the same as the first playthrough. There doesn't seem to be any new enemies or placements like in Dark Souls 2 and besides hitting harder the enemies feel the same. I can run past everything and melt dudes with my giant hammer so...it seems a bit lame? At least you can stay in the Spears covenant the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Because he was a nobody that contributed nothing to the series. I have no issues with the fight itself (besides how overly lol epic it was) and the arena was neat but the DLC doesn't actually do a single thing to wrap up the series. If anything it leaves another loose plot thread for Dark Souls 4 which will probably be made by some no name port house.

The age of fire is dead, done and dusted. What more do you want? Would adding biographies to every single name change anything