Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I need the guide for having 10 girlfriends at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
heard someone say Ai is Ai back in this game

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

p4 had a lot of social links where you felt like this adult lady really wanted to gently caress the mc
i didn't play enough of p3 to know if its also present there someone tell me

The P3 MC and his teacher bond over an MMO and become internet girlfriend and boyfriend. In the epilogue that wraps up social links, he drops his cell phone and the background is a picture she sent. She's conflicted and runs off but there's no resolution thanks to the whole dying thing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
glad P5 picked up the ball after 4 dropped it with dotable teaches

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sex all the teachers.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Holy moley, just watching the Giant Bomb quick look of the first hour and twenty minutes, and how they set up the story was already wearing super thin by like the midway point of that; Every single person acting like a massive piece of poo poo and treating a teenage boy who punched a rapist in the face and saved a woman as some kind of hard-bitten criminal was driving me insane. I'm assuming there's a bunch of catharsis and vindication as things go on story-wise, or at least I hope so anyway.

Not that it's ultimately a bad thing, just an observation. Seems like a good excuse to act like a dickhead yourself with the dialogue choices.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know, I dug it. It looks like it's setting up that most adults are pretty lovely or, at least, apathetic at the plight and situation of this character. Might tie into the game's themes. You don't write characters like that on accident.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Holy moley, just watching the Giant Bomb quick look of the first hour and twenty minutes, and how they set up the story was already wearing super thin by like the midway point of that; Every single person acting like a massive piece of poo poo and treating a teenage boy who punched a rapist in the face and saved a woman as some kind of hard-bitten criminal was driving me insane. I'm assuming there's a bunch of catharsis and vindication as things go on story-wise, or at least I hope so anyway.

Not that it's ultimately a bad thing, just an observation. Seems like a good excuse to act like a dickhead yourself with the dialogue choices.

Hm yes but consider that the police would probably not arrest someone unless they'd done something wrong, did you ever think of that?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Japan is dumb about many things. This is one of them. It's a side effect of their cultural dumbness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

Japan is dumb about many things. This is one of them. It's a side effect of their cultural dumbness.
treating anyone with even a mild criminal record like a leper isn't unique to japan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

I thought there weren't any costumes besides the DLC ones?

there aren't, but you can rest easy knowing your costumes don't have to be pulled back from the box after you get them from there the first time

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

To be fair, it seemed like the guy who got punched was someone with a fair amount of influence, so I'm guessing they managed to get things spun so that it looked as though you'd randomly assaulted someone or something like that. Hardly excuses the guy acting as your guardian, seeing as he made it pretty clear he knew the whole story, but the idea makes how everyone else was acting make a bit more sense.

EDIT:(Regarding the post below me) Ah, there we go, now it makes sense. Even then they were perhaps being a bit too on-the-nose with it all, but I found it hilarious how absolutely uncaring everybody was, to be honest.

smenj fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 29, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the woman who you saved changed her testimony so that it didn't seem like you saved her and instead just assaulted the guy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah poo poo, the black bars boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's what I've been waiting for

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it's little overwrought how much everyone is just "Man, gently caress this garbage crime boy, he should die in the street", but also not surprising considering this powerful political man got you branded with an assault charge and you're sixteen years old and from a small town the way Sojima calls you Country Boy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Second OP has been updated with DLC list, trailers, and the PS3vPS4 Comparison vid and a gif of best boy

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

treating anyone with even a mild criminal record like a leper isn't unique to japan

Not true! If you're white then you're spared from this treatment. In fact, the media will bend over backwards to make the victims of your crime look really bad! Well, as long as they're not white. Even then, you'll just be treated as a disturbed person rather than a monster otherwise.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

They'll deport you really really quick if they can, tho

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Ah poo poo, the black bars boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's what I've been waiting for

>:/

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

Second OP has been updated with DLC list, trailers, and the PS3vPS4 Comparison vid and a gif of best boy

hi baal, i don't think there's enough best boy in the op

if you wanted to add more, i'd suggest

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will put the first one in the op

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i lied

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Endorph posted:

It is not no, and he should have communicated it in a more sober and nuanced fashion, but it is true that Japan has more hangups than most on that particular topic.

Which is, of course, the point of the main character being treated like that. To draw attention to a hosed up thing that happens. Beep boop I have now dissected the frog.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao gently caress yeah love ya baal

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Tae posted:

If that bothered you, p5 tripled the amount of adult lady relationships

7/7

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

persona 5 will be the best/worse game that was supposed to come out 5 years ago but came out in the year of our lord and savior 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it already came out 7 months ago

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How long did it take for the previous games to open up a majority of the S links, because it seems kinda long for them to open up late june after getting Makoto.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A month before I can put my husbandos in bathing suits~

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

it already came out 7 months ago

persona 5 will be the best/worse game that was supposed to come out 5 years ago but came out in the year of our lord and savior 2017 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

How long did it take for the previous games to open up a majority of the S links, because it seems kinda long for them to open up late june after getting Makoto.

A good while because it takes a while to actually get access to multiple other s links in those games. gently caress some of them don't show up until the game is nearly done.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

good improved new OP

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm going to make Tae my waifu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Alder posted:

good improved new OP

in it, voted 5

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

im in the op 3 times, what now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i'm not in it at all nerds, owned

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Erg posted:

im in the op 3 times, what now

Thats not how it works at all

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hello, so I have a question! Trying to avoid spoilers, but: assuming there are different endings (maybe there aren't! but assuming there are), would saving regularly in different slots be enough to keep my opportunities open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hello, so I have a question! Trying to avoid spoilers, but: assuming there are different endings (maybe there aren't! but assuming there are), would saving regularly in different slots be enough to keep my opportunities open

I mean if you wanna maximize Confidant stuff and opportunities for social stuff in general yeah, but there's no extra endings. This game doesn't have an alignment system like SMT.