Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, as ApplesandOranges said she just has to try and survive to the merge where she might be able to grab a second life, or at least will probably fall off the immediate targets list. The positive she might have gotten out of that Tribal is that she might have gained points with Sandra's crew for trying (and yeah, maybe with Sierra for trying to switch the vote off her).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I were Hali I'd just spin it as "I was trying to get them to take out JT"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know. I tend to think you should tell as few lies as necessary. Spinning a tale about that Tribal is problematic since there's 5 people on the other Tribe who know the truth and you can't be 100% sure of what your Tribe heard. Even if you sell your lie for now it could come back to hurt you post merge.

I think if I'm Hali I just say I felt uncomfortable by what Brad said and sketched out, and I was just trying to protect Sierra and figure stuff out. It might make an enemy of Brad but if you can win over Sierra it might be worth it. I don't know. Its a wacky situation to do spin on. Its probably best to just reiterate that you didn't tell them anything and ultimately voted with the Tribe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Or you just never consent to voting. Your move, Probst!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was actually a little curious to see someone try a Tribal Filibuster and was a little sad Hali gave in so quickly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think it was clear Sandra wasn't going to listen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For sure, I just wanted to see how long Hali could string it out.

But yeah, the filibuster was clearly ended by Sandra announcing that they weren't going to negotiate with her further.

Although, we obviously didn't see everything as we like didn't see the panicked JT begging them to change the vote thing Malcolm described (although I thought there was a clear shot/moment of JT with a "I've made a terrible mistake" look).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 27, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

So JT was saying they needed to change the target and Hali, their former ally on the other tribe, is saying she doesn't want to vote yet, and they just say gently caress off and plow on ahead? Seems sort of reckless.

I do like Sandra this season. I don't think playing an UTR game was possible for her this season. I mean, how do you stay UTR when you're a two-time winner, you can't. So just go hard, run the alliance, and see how far it gets you. Maybe it works or maybe it doesn't but at least your detractors can't say you never do anything and are boring or whatever. Plus with her cocky behavior she's almost like playing a character, and while a lot of viewers might not like how arrogant she is, in hindsight she'll be a really good villain for however long she lasts. Hopefully she lasts a little while, if she goes out too soon she'll be more forgettable I guess.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

I do like Sandra this season. I don't think playing an UTR game was possible for her this season. I mean, how do you stay UTR when you're a two-time winner, you can't. So just go hard, run the alliance, and see how far it gets you. Maybe it works or maybe it doesn't but at least your detractors can't say you never do anything and are boring or whatever. Plus with her cocky behavior she's almost like playing a character, and while a lot of viewers might not like how arrogant she is, in hindsight she'll be a really good villain for however long she lasts. Hopefully she lasts a little while, if she goes out too soon she'll be more forgettable I guess.

It cracks me up how many times they've shown somebody saying Sandra is playing "the same game she always does" because she very blatantly is not playing the same game at all

Max
Nov 30, 2002

To be fair to her, I don't think she planned on being so blatant but with Tony freaking out at her I think she had to go on the offense way sooner than she normally does.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. As a massive Sandra fan I think her best skill is that she adapts well to the game and situations. So the difference in her game is a difference of the situations.

On Pearl Islands she started in the successful, happy tribe and there wasn't really strife until Fairplay started to sew chaos. Then her game became largely about maneuvering around him all the way to the end.

On Heroes vs Villains she starts off in the same sort of situation with Russell and her game is spent maneuvering around him, again to the end.

I think there was probably a reason Sandra's first instinct was to go to the end with Tony and that's it in the above two paragraphs. Problem is Tony went nuts and came gunning for her right away so she had to move against him and ended up in a power position early. Something she's never really been in before. But I don't think that was deliberate, it was just a reality of how things played out with Tony.

This season's going to be a huge challenge to her because she's going to have a lot of strategists and gameplayers who see her as a threat and its a much more complicated game with the 3 tribes and swaps. She's always kind of been able to operate as the non-threatening opposition to the arrogant power and could survive by being more well liked than the power and dodging and weaving. Going deep in this season is going to demand a lot more strategic gameplay and taking out direct threats like Tony. She's never really played that aggressively before.

But JT and the Culpepper tribe probably did her a favor with that Tribal. Not only did JT presumably make himself an untrustworthy person to rally the tribe against Sandra but Malcolm's also gone and he seemed like a likely candidate to make a move sooner or later. I think Sandra is theoretically now set up to make the merge and then she could maybe start to dodge and weave behind threats.

And like the "I'm the queen" stuff is potentially dangerous but I think its just her general personality and people seem to just laugh at it. Most other players probably would have caught backlash after the Tony eviction but she didn't really seem to.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 27, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Poque posted:

It cracks me up how many times they've shown somebody saying Sandra is playing "the same game she always does" because she very blatantly is not playing the same game at all

Well her strategy is "Anyone But Me" and every vote has been for anyone but her!! :tipshat:

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

I think Sandra is pretty drat content with her double million and is just having a hell of a time doing something she'll never do again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, there's gotta be like zero pressure knowing that in the worst case scenario you're STILL unmatched with 2 wins unless JT can pull it out. And even then you're just the queen to his king.

Like every Tribal she survives not getting voted out as the Two Time Winner she just kind of deepens the myth.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Previously on... Survivor!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

My first live thread in what seems like forever!

:siren: Previously on.... SURVIVOR! Malcom Gets hosed! :siren:

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

"I'll take this secret with me to the grave" says JT on national television.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

No justice

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Really hating idols more and more each season. They really need to cut its power or make them much loving harder to find.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sup Cameron!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

aidoru posted:

"I'll take this secret with me to the grave" says JT on national television.

He's gonna be voted out with his idol in his pocket

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

Really hating idols more and more each season. They really need to cut its power or make them much loving harder to find.

I will never understand opinions like this. The game is so much better with idols.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DurosKlav posted:

I'm conflicted, because idols produce some of the best moments in the show, but yeah I don't think there's anyone who would complain about idols being harder to find. The show will occasionally talk about stepping it up in that department, but that usually just amounts to "you have to follow a single step and dig 1.5 feet in a specifically outlined location before you get it" like it did just now

Part of it is that it's just bad tv to have people going 'I need the idol. Oh, here it is!' because you know they're not going to show someone hunting for the idol in the first 10 minutes without any payoff

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wonder how they keep the food from becoming disgusting during the challenge

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

PB&J: AKA Survivor heroin

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I'm conflicted, because idols produce some of the best moments in the show, but yeah I don't think there's anyone who would complain about idols being harder to find. The show will occasionally talk about stepping it up in that department, but that usually just amounts to "you have to follow a single step and dig 1.5 feet in a specifically outlined location before you get it" like it did just now

Part of it is that it's just bad tv to have people going 'I need the idol. Oh, here it is!' because you know they're not going to show someone hunting for the idol in the first 10 minutes without any payoff

I mean, they've been varying that up, though, even in this very season with Troyzan's idol.

But I'm also kind of glad that they're not ONLY doing them like that yet, either.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why would anyone trust Debbie when she says "I have good _________________"

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Having the idol hidden in plain sight like with Wentworth's last idol where you had to get it when no one was at camp (since it was under the shelter) was great television. I think if they do that too often then it just becomes expected, though. It's a fine line to walk.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

PB&J: AKA Survivor heroin

I wish Big Brother still used PB&J instead of slop, because the contrast in reactions to PB&J between shows always amused me.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Umm, I dunno.
I think Ozzy got away with a travel there.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Debbie is so awful

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Debbie fails again."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao at using the flashback to 5 minutes ago to remind people she's insane

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hahaha how is Debbie so garbage

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
is that factcheck on Debbie a Survivor first??

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

is that factcheck on Debbie a Survivor first??

Nah

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

the show's used a flashback to factcheck players before? when?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is Debbie insane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Imagine being this delusional.

• Locked thread