Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
big time is the best one, followed by the california love ripoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mauroranallo/status/847187197002268672

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So the booth is going to be what, like Cole, Corey, and JBL for Mania? King maybe?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I doubt they would, but it would be an awesome thing if they let JR replace Mauro for Mania.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I know it's horrible to wish ill will on anyone. With that said, I hope JBL dies

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Push Luke Harper

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

I know it's horrible to wish ill will on anyone. With that said, I hope JBL dies

poo poo, same.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I doubt they would, but it would be an awesome thing if they let JR replace Mauro for Mania.

There is no loving way JR would ever have any desire to deal with Vince's bullshit over a weekend a week after burying his wife.

Also, when they paired Cole and JR a while back, it was brutal, because JR is not a color commentator.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Midnightghoul posted:

Same, but Roman Reigns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kennel posted:

Same, but Stephanie and HHH

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

drat, you're all right.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maybe everyone will die while Rusev is out injured and then Raw will be 3 hours of Rusev playing all the different characters and the WWE will finally get those ratings back

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So what good reason is there for Miz and Maryse to lose to two people who are leaving the company for a while?

I mean I get that it's Cena, but that still seems dumb as hell.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheKingslayer posted:

So what good reason is there for Miz and Maryse to lose to two people who are leaving the company for a while?

Im sure as hell is not because Nikki Bella.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The real ending to that match I want to see is Nikki turn heel on John and put him in an STF but as he taps wildly she grabs his hand and puts a ring on his finger. Only then the bell rings.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Maryse is better at talking than Nikki, and she barely speaks English.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

TheKingslayer posted:

WrestleMania is booked for the investors/shareholders and the randoms who will tune in for this one day of the year and not really pay any attention at any other time. This match, specifically, will be booked for the people who mostly know WWE via Total Divas/Bellas. It's not about who gets the rub or who will be around to carry the heat to the next program. It's about giving Nikki Bella her big moment before she buggers off for good.

If WrestleMania was booked based on who will actually be showing up for the following month, half the matches would not be happening at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The worst part about JBL is that he was done, and then he came back to temporarily replace King when he had his heart attack, but it turned into a long-term stint.

It did end the Heel Cole run, but at what cost? JBL is all Ziggler's fault is what I'm saying.

Writer Cath posted:

Everything Roman does, from his words to his mannerisms, feels so scripted and sanitized that even after a few years, I have no idea who he is.
This is the same company where the only permanent character development they've given their long-term top #1 guy after 10 years has been "has a girlfriend now".

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Regardless of who wins the Miz/Cena match at Mania, I wish they would make Total Bellas Bullshit an ongoing thing on the Network

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Listen, I just want a confused Cena to propose to Breezy Bella after the match, okay?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

JBL is all Ziggler's fault is what I'm saying.

Wow Ziggler just gets worse all the time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

Listen, I just want a confused Cena to propose to Breezy Bella after the match, okay?

"Wait, which one are you again?"

*cue laugh track*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

To drink for that long on a Sunday sure. NXT will be the better show I wager.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:hellyeah: My mania excitement has kicked in too. Especially after seeing all the leaked set pics. poo poo's gonna own

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sticklefifer posted:

The worst part about JBL is that he was done, and then he came back to temporarily replace King when he had his heart attack, but it turned into a long-term stint.

It did end the Heel Cole run, but at what cost? JBL is all Ziggler's fault is what I'm saying.

This is the same company where the only permanent character development they've given their long-term top #1 guy after 10 years has been "has a girlfriend now".

Heel Cole was a thousand times worse than JBL

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Has John Cena smooched the most onscreen babes of any company ace?!?!?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jiro posted:

To drink for that long on a Sunday sure. NXT will be the better show I wager.

I haven't been inebriated since the election and Wrestlemania is a fantastic excuse, and even though I feel pretty certain the booking is going to be deeply irritating, a lot of the matches themselves should be a ton of fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Writer Cath posted:

Tyler Breeze's alt-account located.

Or possibly Fandango's....

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

I haven't been inebriated since the election and Wrestlemania is a fantastic excuse, and even though I feel pretty certain the booking is going to be deeply irritating, a lot of the matches themselves should be a ton of fun.

Too sweet me good brother. Also I don't remember the last time Mania to Summerslam wasn't at LEAST very good if not great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This show is going to be terrible and if I had friends over for it I'd be embarrassed. Not doin that this year just gonna have it on in the background

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm not gonna have it on at all

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
When Nikki is doing the simultaneous moves thing with John is that supposed to be the world's worst AA or is it supposed to be some other move?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

That's not true, they made him a fake soldier at some point.

sonicice posted:

When Nikki is doing the simultaneous moves thing with John is that supposed to be the world's worst AA or is it supposed to be some other move?

That's her finisher, the Tit Hit.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

Maybe they can make them actual employees instead of private contractors then.
I wish if not WWE, every other wrestling company to try and do this, giving wrestlers employee benefits and health insurance might make them want to stay even. Though I suppose the problem is that doing so would bankrupt these companies with the costs to give all the workers a fair share. I don't know I'm not an accountant so can someone explain to me if I'm off base in thinking this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says Reigns is selling more merch than any other full-timer. We Did It

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst I in no way want to criticize Maryse's work during this feud, a tiny thing I think she's missing is that I would love to see her slip into French when she gets heated.

As in Nikki cuts a promo on her getting her all riled up, then Maryse can let her have it in her crazy foreign moon language, only to have Miz try and calm her down and put in a "Speak English honey".

It'd be great heat, and also would show that she's foreign, and therefore deserving of the audiences boos.

On an unrelated note, am I alone in thinking that Miz will be a phenomenal commentator once he retires?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I wonder what total sales are like

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

This poo poo is such a self-fulfilling prophecy though. He has way more merch for sale at shows than anyone else. He gets shoved to the moon at the expense of drat near everyone.

It'd be ridiculous if he wasn't selling more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Actually a little surprised. The last time I went to wweshop Reigns wasn't even listed in the top stars dropdown.

On the other hand, "wrestler pushed as only person who matters sells merch" shouldn't be surprising to me on any level.

• Locked thread