Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Fourze got me into Kamen Rider at the start of last year. It's a real blast and one I often recommend to people trying out the series. I've still not seen too many yet though.

I loved Amazons as well. The lack of trying to sell lots of toys really helped it, and the characters were fantastic.

I'm glad I found this thread. There's a few shows that are next on my "to watch" list because of what was shared here. I'll need to go look at that first page too, it seems.

Fake edit: I was loving Dan in Ex-Aid. I'm hoping there's a good excuse to bring him back later, even if it's brief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

PMush Perfect posted:

If you want to watch Dekaranger but don't wanna wait for subs, just watch SPD. They are almost literally the same show, and in some ways, the PR season was better. See also: Time Force.

The best improvement was the suit for Doggie Kreuger, which was actually pretty good looking and not something out of the active imagination of a furry cosplayer.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ask Me For Warez posted:

The best improvement was the suit for Doggie Kreuger, which was actually pretty good looking and not something out of the active imagination of a furry cosplayer.

Yeah, as much as I liked Kreuger as a character in Dekaranger his costume was basically a fursuit (and not a very well made one at that, there are several points early on in the series where the mouth would get stuck open and stay that way for the rest of the scene). I'm really glad they decided to make their own version for SPD as it really is an improvement in every way.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm still mad that were going to get blurays of Decade before season 2 of Akibaranger

That's what you think... (no, seriously, the odds of us getting Decade done any time that could be defined as "soon" is laughable. I could probably crank out AkibaS2 in a week or two. I just need to be in the mood to rewatch it first.)

Also, I spent over $500 on Ghost's BDs. Take it from me: Don't watch Ghost.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like Fursuit Kruger. He's goofy, but he has personality. SPD Kruger is some weird lizard dog and I don't like it, though it's been years since I've seen it in motion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I like Fursuit Kruger. He's goofy, but he has personality. SPD Kruger is some weird lizard dog and I don't like it, though it's been years since I've seen it in motion.

You missed a perfectly good opportunity since it was on a few days ago during the Power Rangers stream.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqEk6ZOAFw

It moves exactly like the mouths of the live action Ninja Turtles did (which is part of why I love it).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
why does the top of over-time's site say rip in pizza :ohdear:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Twitter doesn't say anything bad, so... :shrug:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I think it's said that before. It's on a cycle and doesn't mean anything, I think.

Also the only problem I have with Doggie Kreuger American is the really really bad CGI that his face turns into when he morphs. I understand why it happens but it's unnerving. Everything else about him I like.

Also the actor who played him then went on to play Daggeron next season and I thought that was pretty cool.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why does the top of over-time's site say rip in pizza :ohdear:

People keep saying we're dead because we've only done Kyu and Zero regularly :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Emu's eyes seemed noticeably red and puffy during his appearance in Kyuranger.

Edit: Just onna drop this off here https://twitter.com/kirikirimai1224/status/831344131184005120

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 29, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This latest Kyuranger was charming as heck. :3:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This latest Kyuranger was charming as heck. :3:

BIRTHDAY BEAM

I'm really glad we're into the goofy monsters already.

edit: NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW OH drat Are we going to get another DekaMaster? I really hope we get another DekaMaster.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 29, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

BIRTHDAY BEAM

I'm really glad we're into the goofy monsters already.

edit: NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW OH drat Are we going to get another DekaMaster? I really hope we get another DekaMaster.

Based on scans I've seen, yes we are and there will be at least one more new ranger after him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now this was a weird Super Hero Time, but a very enjoyable one.

Kyuranger's "stealing birthdays" thing felt really stupid at first but man, they sold it perfectly. And I'll never complain about a Balance/Naga episode. Naga's smile at the end was the cutest thing, I love this guy. Balance's happiness at having his birthday back was nice too.

And then Ex-Aid seemed like it was completely a breather episode after heavy plot developments, which is neccesary, with some silliness and the usual "Riders don't like each other" antics of this series, but as per usual of Ex-Aid, nothing is filler. Burgmon taught me that very well. It was really obvious who the last two spots of Kamen Rider Chronicle were, and it genuinely surprises me that Kuroto didn't realize that Poppi was the DoReMiFa Beat Bugster considering he very definitely knew about her. Parad hiding that he could've brought back Graphite at any time was neat though, he really had the puzzle solved. Plus, seeing Graphite again was nice, I expected he'd just appear in his monster form without lines considering his actor's role was over, but no, we got the human form and some neat interactions between Kuroto's former second-in-commands. And now, with the evil plan of Kamen Rider Chronicle complete, we can move on to the fina...

...what do you mean we're only halfway through?

All of that said, the crossover parts were very blatantly forced and pretty bad in general, but I guess it was to be expected. Still, I feel it was handled far more clumsily than the previous ones, with not even the episodes themselves keeping continuity (Lucky and Emu meet for the first time twice in an hour, what?). The episodes themselves were good though, so that can be ignored.

In other Toku, Zero...since when is the damsel in distress so hardcore? The entire series was just the plan of someone I thought was there entirely as a dumb love interest with an unlikable personality. I still don't like her, but wow, I'm surprised. She even gets to Dragon Knight for a bit now, that'll be cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I liked the crossover bit in Kyuranger because the show's so drat stylish and extra. The leader dude already knew who should go, instead of just going "ah, Balance, you will have to go" there's a super sped-up choice dance, the gifts all just banish into the motw's room, and all that unnecessary but charming jazz. It felt right at home that the story would stop for two minutes to have a superhero crossover with a barely-sensical setup.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm enjoying kyuranger as the burgeoning romance between an emotional robot and a robotic emoter

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Burgeoning".

Please. They're already boyfriends.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really excited that Nico is going to be a successful Ride Player in the incoming Kamen Rider Chronicle war and levels up to getting a Rider baseball cap that looks just like her own. Can't wait. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So how's she gonna die?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

So how's she gonna die?

I hope she gets a suitably badass death like sacrificing herself to save Taiga from certain death after collecting a huge number of GashaTrophies. Because there's no way she lives. No way in hell.

More likely she dies falling off a building after getting destroyed by a Bugster or something. :smith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

So how's she gonna die?

man i was actually excited for a whole five seconds before this brought me down

at least we'll have poppy? they couldn't be dumb enough to introduce two lady riders and kill them both off right? right?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The Ex-Aid/Kyuranger crossover is the worst we've had yet. ToQger/Gaim and Ninninger/Drive both got one hour specials, and Zyuohger/Ghost, while not a one hour episode, had continuity between the two episodes and was pretty relevant to the plot, in fact Yamato played a decent role in a bit of character development for Takeru.

And now we get this, just a small cameo appearance that doesn't even have continuity. Why does Xiao have an Ex-Aid summoning Kyu Globe? Why don't Lucky and Emu recognize each other despite having just fought together in the previous episode? Why is Lucky wandering around on his own on Earth without his teammates? Just awful writing all around.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

And now we get this, just a small cameo appearance that doesn't even have continuity. Why does Xiao have an Ex-Aid summoning Kyu Globe?

You're not familiar with the Video Gamer constellation?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

every movie-advertising crossover is bad and continuity is a joke so i appreciate that they didn't take up entire episodes this time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ToQ/Gaim was worth it for the scene of Takatora not noticing the mech battle taking place outside his office.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

ToQ/Gaim was worth it for the scene of Takatora not noticing the mech battle taking place outside his office.

i can accept this but also want to bring up gaim/kikaider for sengoku going 'hey wouldn't it be sick if i put my brain in this deadly robot'

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I really don't care about crossover episodes ever, except for the most amazing Kikaider Gaim episode. So it's good that this one was extremely low-effort and barely there in an otherwise good Ex-Aid episode.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

So, the first episode of Kamen Sentai GoRider is out and subbed by TV-N (I'd wait, but this kind of stuff has a tendency only to be subbed by them anyway, and I was curious, insomiac, and bored) and it's not... completely terrible? I find it hilarious (and appropriate) that Kaoru Kino's (Another Agito) main characterization point is being ridiculously paranoid and eager to attack other Riders (and fairly accurate to his original appearances), and Kaito from Gaim's asocial and pointlessly secretive... which is also accurate. It could be interesting, although it depends if they botch the "mystery" they're setting up. The one downside is how Kenzaki from Blade's being handled? He says "He's no longer human, and that's the same as being dead" and that all of them wish to be alive again. First, that seems a bit more negative than Kenzaki would be, and second, Kenzaki, if you were "alive" again, the world would end or a good friend of yours would have to be sealed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Brother Entropy posted:

i can accept this but also want to bring up gaim/kikaider for sengoku going 'hey wouldn't it be sick if i put my brain in this deadly robot'

:allears: I forgot about this. Sengoku was the best. He was Dr. Wily for Kamen Riders, complete with a stupid rocketship escape plan.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

:allears: I forgot about this. Sengoku was the best. He was Dr. Wily for Kamen Riders, complete with a stupid rocketship escape plan.

The color scheme of Duke even matches.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

deadly_pudding posted:

Dr. Warren Statesmann if you please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dr. Warren Statesmann if you please.
:hf:

Still of the opinion that they should have just stuck to their guns on that.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so here's an interesting question

Of the nonstandard colors in the group, what Gokaiger would you match the Kyuranger up to if they hypothetically used ranger keys of them? I mean, Red, Green, Yellow, Green, and Blue are obvious but what about Orange, Silver, Gold, and Black?

I realize Don used the black ranger keys more often than not but him turning into a massive bruiser like Oushi Black feels

off

to me

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Orange, Silver, Gold, and Black?

in order: joe, ahim, don, luka

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Basco is orange and Sally is gold.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Silver is pretty obvious too. And considering how the Go-On Wings worked, I guess Gai would get both Naga and Balance.

No idea about Orange and Black. Colour-wise I guess Luka and Doc are the closest.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

in order: joe, ahim, don, luka

I can definitely see Don invoking Balance's antics.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Silver is pretty obvious too. And considering how the Go-On Wings worked, I guess Gai would get both Naga and Balance.

No idea about Orange and Black. Colour-wise I guess Luka and Doc are the closest.

would they fall under Gai's purview in this? They're the right colors but they aren't exactly sixth rangers, I don't recall Gokai Silver stepping out of his wheelhouse like the others did all the time.

EDIT - Ahim turned into Go-On Black a lot. Make her turn into Oushi Black, while acting completely the same. Imagine that suit just bowing and curtsying politely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can definitely see Don invoking Balance's antics.

would they fall under Gai's purview in this? They're the right colors but they aren't exactly sixth rangers, I don't recall Gokai Silver stepping out of his wheelhouse like the others did all the time.

EDIT - Ahim turned into Go-On Black a lot. Make her turn into Oushi Black, while acting completely the same. Imagine that suit just bowing and curtsying politely.

I think Gai used some non-sixth Ranger Keys on occasion but not all that often.

• Locked thread