Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Start as Issac on normal. Do the victory laps until you're unbeatable. Play until you're The Lost, and melt Delirium. Do the same, but hope you get the TV Remote and change into Keeper for the same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Samopsa posted:

Instead of resetting a zillion times just use cheat engine to give you infinite HP and be done with it.

I wish that there was an "easy" button on switch or something you could enable to just get to the unlocks I could care less about completionist but I like having all the unlocks. Greed mode is terrible and when (if) it gets fixed not looking forward to that grind.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

the popular kids posted:

I had brimstone (I didn't realise it was in the regular boss table) and Tammy's head.

The Fallen drops devil room items instead of boss items, so it might be that.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

flyboi posted:

I wish that there was an "easy" button on switch or something you could enable to just get to the unlocks I could care less about completionist but I like having all the unlocks. Greed mode is terrible and when (if) it gets fixed not looking forward to that grind.

i like how 20xx does it where there's a casual mode which lets you pick 3 items to bring with you, along with any you buy to bring in.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

flyboi posted:

BoI is genuinely a game where, on consoles, they could sell unlock packs as DLC and I would have zero problems with it. I don't see how I could've gotten any of Keeper's achievements without cheating like a bastard (or The Lost before the upgrade turned it from nigh-impossible to just ridiculously hard).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i hadn't tried the victory lap trick but it worked this time and i unlocked "u broke it!" which uh seems like a really hard cheevo normally

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
PSA: Don't pick up any range down items on Azazel. You will hate yourself.

I picked up a cricket's body in a promising Greedier run only to discover that I had to facetank anything to do damage to it.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Does using a mod lock you out of getting achievements? I'm only using the "show item effects" mod from the Workshop.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Scratch-O posted:

Does using a mod lock you out of getting achievements? I'm only using the "show item effects" mod from the Workshop.

If they are enabled through the official means in-game, then yes, any mod locks you out of achievements.

There are ways to install mods that will not lock you out of achievements, though I'm not sure if it'll work with Steam Workshop mods because I haven't tried them. Basically, this involves using the resource extractor in the tools directory to unpack all of the game files, then renaming or moving the "packed" folder in the resources directory. This will make the game use the unpacked files. You can then replace whichever files are needed for the mod. There will be nothing in-game to enable; this is the "old" way of installing mods.

I do this so I can use the original game's music. The only downside is that I have to redo the process (which only takes a couple minutes) any time the game is patched.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Kind of embarrassing how long it took, but I finally got Real Platinum God on Afterbirth. Putting together Bandage Girl turned out to be as simple as getting one ball of bandages as Lilith and finding two small batteries in one room, then a few Issac runs where I focused on maximizing d6 uses in specific rooms got me Mega Blast, Godhead, and Super Bandage to complete my list (I lucked into Super Bum on the Mega Blast run, too). Now to wait for that Antibirth patch that's coming out "at the end of this week (2/1/2017)".

Was there another save file 'tier' after RPG? What are the requirements for that one? My save file is glitched (since the Afterbirth release), so I don't actually know who I've gotten hard mode marks for what.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Qylvaran posted:

Kind of embarrassing how long it took, but I finally got Real Platinum God on Afterbirth. Putting together Bandage Girl turned out to be as simple as getting one ball of bandages as Lilith and finding two small batteries in one room, then a few Issac runs where I focused on maximizing d6 uses in specific rooms got me Mega Blast, Godhead, and Super Bandage to complete my list (I lucked into Super Bum on the Mega Blast run, too). Now to wait for that Antibirth patch that's coming out "at the end of this week (2/1/2017)".

Was there another save file 'tier' after RPG? What are the requirements for that one? My save file is glitched (since the Afterbirth release), so I don't actually know who I've gotten hard mode marks for what.

Yep, for Afterbirth there is 1001% which is unlock every secret, unlock every ending, and collect every item from Rebirth and Afterbirth, then for Afterbirth+ there is 1000000% which is the same thing as 1001% plus all of the Afterbirth+ secrets, endings, and items. You do not need to collect the new booster pack items.

Speaking of 1000000%, all I have left is Dedication and The Marathon. Kinda wish I had bothered with dailies before rather than saving them for the very end. Those two achievements no longer require doing them on consecutive days, correct? It's now just do 31 dailies and and win 5 in a row without losing, right?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 28, 2017

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Yep, for Afterbirth there is 1001% which is unlock every secret, unlock every ending, and collect every item from Rebirth and Afterbirth, then for Afterbirth+ there is 1000000% which is the same thing as 1001% plus all of the Afterbirth+ secrets, endings, and items.

I think all I have left for 1001% is Keeper Boss Rush. Keeper! :argh:

Wait, the all hard mode mark babies count as secrets, don't they. Freakin' glitched post-its. Forget it then.

Qylvaran fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 28, 2017

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Speaking of 1000000%, all I have left is Dedication and The Marathon. Kinda wish I had bothered with dailies

Those two achievements no longer require doing them on consecutive days, correct? It's now just do 31 dailies and and win 5 in a row without losing, right?
That is correct

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Qylvaran posted:

Putting together Bandage Girl turned out to be as simple as getting one ball of bandages as Lilith and finding two small batteries in one room,

Huh, that must have been patched in. Using Lilith's item on upgradeable buddies used to produce a useless lv1 duplicate instead.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Does Afterbirth+ on Steam have DualShock 4 touch pad map support with or without a mod? I miss that feature from PS4 Rebirth and I'd buy the DLC just for that.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Orange Harrison posted:

Huh, that must have been patched in. Using Lilith's item on upgradeable buddies used to produce a useless lv1 duplicate instead.

If that's true, it was patched in a long time ago.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Super Bandage Girl is probably one of the harder secrets still, even after all QoL tweaks. Rebirth players learned to loathe Conquest and Mr Fred.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I'm playing the vita version with is the old one without afterbirth and 3 times I've gotten the book of rev as my first time and 3 times its been Mr. Fred or Conquest.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Chemical Bastard posted:

Does Afterbirth+ on Steam have DualShock 4 touch pad map support with or without a mod? I miss that feature from PS4 Rebirth and I'd buy the DLC just for that.

Nope! Gotta get games straight from Sony if you want stuff that makes use of the weird awkward limited-utility touch pad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Super Bandage Girl is probably one of the harder secrets still, even after all QoL tweaks. Rebirth players learned to loathe Conquest and Mr Fred.

I got Super bandage Girl before I even unlocked It Lives in the switch version

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Andrast posted:

I got Super bandage Girl before I even unlocked It Lives in the switch version

Should've bought a lottery ticket, Buddy!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So, I have decided to uninstall this game because I hate it but can't stop playing. I will only remove it when I have finished all bosses and the only two I have left are Mega Satan and Hush.

I've been trying for weeks, and yesterday had the perfect build for it. I had those explosive green projectiles at a high damage rate, plus the pickup that gives you health every time you touch an explosion. This pretty much made me invincible and powerful as gently caress.

Only problem was that somewhere I had something that made me teleport out of room when I took damage, which meant that despite being god, I couldn't actually do anything with it as fighting hush was impossible without taking a hit :(.

I hate this game.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Did you pick up the cursed eye? that's the usual culprit. Or the cursed skull with no red hearts.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Ah, I think it must have been the skull. What a gently caress.

Right now, i'm just playing as D6 Isaac and re rolling on the first 2 floors. If I don't have anything half-decent by then, I just start again.

Part of me wants to get Afterbirth + but I have already sunk nearly 70 hours into this game, which for me is unheard of. Why is it so damned addictive?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is that suppose to happen to Delirium? I was fighting him as Cain, and was doing okayish damage on him, then he turned into Larry Jr or the decayed version of him, and suddenly he went from near full health to near death. I had the spider mod familiar in the fight and noticed I was doing 999 damage to him during that phase or something like that. I mean he was hosed no matter what, as I had a full health bar, wafer, and a full health pill. And he only did took out one heart the whole time.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Rirse posted:

Is that suppose to happen to Delirium? I was fighting him as Cain, and was doing okayish damage on him, then he turned into Larry Jr or the decayed version of him, and suddenly he went from near full health to near death. I had the spider mod familiar in the fight and noticed I was doing 999 damage to him during that phase or something like that. I mean he was hosed no matter what, as I had a full health bar, wafer, and a full health pill. And he only did took out one heart the whole time.

Probably a bug, I have seen it too. At least it is a bug in favor of the player :)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Probably a bug, I have seen it too. At least it is a bug in favor of the player :)

Looks like this is a common positive bug related to Delirium and him taking the Larry Jr/Hollow form. Not going to complain, as it makes that boss WAY less of a hassle.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
He acts weird with the bosses that have a non-standard health system, like Larry and such.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ha, beat the April's Fool challenge. I did the suggested method of clearing the challenge to unlock the gold heart, which upon getting one, it makes the challenge WAY easier. Also found the normally useless Mine Crafter on the first floor, so with it one room charge, I kept using it with random effects. Did have a few annoying ones with that, as it gave me glass cannon three times, but thankfully the room was covered in coins so I quickly got my health back and with some gold hearts to spare.

Thought the run was hosed because one of the random items I got was cursed eye, but the random active item gave me D4 which got rid of that piece of poo poo. The new form was weak at first (outside of it triggering Conjoined), but then found Guppy items to get that form along with some much needed damage up. So fitting on the final Bloat fight to just kill him in seconds after him being a huge pain in the rear end.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Any news of this coming out for Android phones on the Play store? I might as well torture myself when i'm on the way to work.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

The april fool was me all along :argh:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Orange Harrison posted:

The april fool was me all along :argh:

Drop the Strength card right next to it, and pick it up. While Issac is holding it over his head you can push the tick away.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

:aaa: Why didn't I think of that. I exhausted all the rooms I could reach looking for bombs, thinking that was the only way to move it.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
When did the secret room spawn conditions change? I keep finding them adjacent to 2 rooms in the basement, even when there's a valid location with 3 adjacent.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Today's daily is "April fool's" themed (although not as fun as the April's fool challenge). You get the keeper (re-skinned) and the items you pick up (from pedestals) or any trinkets are not what they seem.

I did terribly and died in Caves I or Caves II. The first floor boss gives you magic mushroom. And if you find a trinket drop you can re-roll your trinkets until you get a good one (like swallowed penny). You can also drop the store key trinket and keep picking it up for a slower re-roll. I stopped at nose goblin, but then I found Greed's Gullet in a secret room, I foolishly went for it -- and it transformed to the Samson's Chains -- so I died not long after that.

Scratch-O posted:

When did the secret room spawn conditions change? I keep finding them adjacent to 2 rooms in the basement, even when there's a valid location with 3 adjacent.

I never learned the specific rules for the secret rooms, but it always seemed to me that they could spawn adjacent to 2 rooms even if there were possible locations with 3 or 4 rooms adjacent.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Scratch-O posted:

Basement is special, because you usually have to look for 2 adjecent rooms instead of three. Which unfortunately means that there's a lot of bad combinations, like shop and treasure room walls.
It can rare happen on other floors too, I feel like it's been happening a lot more since AB+.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AbstractNapper posted:

Today's daily is "April fool's" themed (although not as fun as the April's fool challenge). You get the keeper (re-skinned) and the items you pick up (from pedestals) or any trinkets are not what they seem.

I did terribly and died in Caves I or Caves II. The first floor boss gives you magic mushroom. And if you find a trinket drop you can re-roll your trinkets until you get a good one (like swallowed penny). You can also drop the store key trinket and keep picking it up for a slower re-roll. I stopped at nose goblin, but then I found Greed's Gullet in a secret room, I foolishly went for it -- and it transformed to the Samson's Chains -- so I died not long after that.

Somehow I got a setup by the end of the first two floors that was firing 6x Tech X rings but then I picked up something that turned out to be Experimental Treatment, lost one of my health and didn't have it in me to no damage the entire rest of the run.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

I found a trinket in the dark secret on the first floor by bombing the cluster of slot machines. That will let you reroll trinkets faster by picking them up back and forth.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I'm 100% certain now the RNG in the Switch version is busted. If you don't exit out of the game and continue playing it for extended time the boss item pool bugs out hard. You no longer get health ups and only non-health up items will spawn. The second you quit and relaunch the game they start popping up again. This is now the fourth time I've run into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

grand theft grotto posted:

Somehow I got a setup by the end of the first two floors that was firing 6x Tech X rings but then I picked up something that turned out to be Experimental Treatment, lost one of my health and didn't have it in me to no damage the entire rest of the run.

I ended up exactly the same way, although I had 6x homing explosivo nails (and sometimes 12x from bookworm). Experimental Treatment with Curse of the Blind is the worst.