Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
important to note that archon's forge counts as public events for the book

so you don't have to wait around on the planets or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yo guys let's do the challenge

ok who else can run sword

*crickets*

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I enjoy swords tbfrank.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

lol if you didnt solo or do doubles on crota cause you were bored (the premium destiny experience :discourse:)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

AAB posted:

lol if you didnt solo or do doubles on crota cause you were bored (the premium destiny experience :discourse:)

:respek:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

yo guys let's do the challenge

ok who else can run sword

*crickets*

The way everyone else breezed through the raid at 400 light (except me) I assumed someone else would have known how.

You did a great job leading by the way, I think it's the first time I've raided with you. Just wish we could have finished.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks, I usually run a bunch of raids right after they come out. Also having no life helps

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Legs Benedict posted:

I want it so bad :(

Good news, it's trivially easy to get now.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

DrNutt posted:

The way everyone else breezed through the raid at 400 light (except me) I assumed someone else would have known how.

You did a great job leading by the way, I think it's the first time I've raided with you. Just wish we could have finished.

I didn't play at all in year 1 but have done all the Kings Fall and WoTM poo poo. I think I was a little over confident it would all just work without any real knowledge of the encounter, stupid I know.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

texaholic posted:

I didn't play at all in year 1 but have done all the Kings Fall and WoTM poo poo. I think I was a little over confident it would all just work without any real knowledge of the encounter, stupid I know.

You would have been fine in normal circumstances - it's the challenge modes where having previous knowledge of the raids pretty much becomes essential.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Extremophile with HCR, Hammer Forged, and Counterbalance. This thing any good? I fuckin' hate auto rifles.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Mikey-San posted:

Extremophile with HCR, Hammer Forged, and Counterbalance. This thing any good? I fuckin' hate auto rifles.

Sounds like a legendary monte carlo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah that's probably good now

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
New necrochasm is good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

New necrochasm is good.

It's so drat good. Gonna dominate crucible imho as zen moment in that thing is so good and everything collate

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I stopped playing before Rise of Iron came out.
Is Rise of Iron worth getting in prep for Destiny 2?

EDIT: Eh screw it, jumping back in.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 30, 2017

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Nothing carries over but the face. Maybe grimoire?

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

The Meat Dimension posted:

oh your characters face does carry over? Sweet guess I will continue to the adventures of 70s Mark Hamill in Destiny 2

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

The Meat Dimension posted:

You want two pointless things instead of one? Why not just pretend it does, that way you win both ways

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
We all know the only reason the face is carrying over is something incredibly stupid like it was set as the primary key in the character database and they are trying to spin it as a feature.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm getting my hopes up already for the numerous comical explanations about all the different parts of Vault of Glass next week

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

AAB posted:

I'm getting my hopes up already for the numerous comical explanations about all the different parts of Vault of Glass next week

They added a cutscene before you enter the vault with that guardian who's bones you teabagged in that one mission wearing a hastily put together ghost costume going "BooooOOOOOooo guardian, I am risen to haunt youuu for putting your ballllllss in my mouth" and that explains the changes to gameplay

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Looks like the PC version is real, time to jump ship boys

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356579

PC port, 2 expansions planned

"From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.
The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.
So the picture of Cayde-6 translates as "preorder and get early access to the beta" (I assume it will go public as in Destiny 1 at some point) and the Cayde-6 is as we know a preorder bonus too. Yes the game will be available on PC."

http://i.imgur.com/3hTSV6E.jpg

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Good now Steve can be a sperg in his own thread

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

im ghauy

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I suggest anyone with a PC and a PS4 to buy the PS4 version.

The PC version will be infested with cheaters. Not because is imposible to have a cheater free experience in PC, but because it require developers to put a effort in this direction and design with this in mind, and Destiny 2 will probably be a console game first.

I will say "I told you so".

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Cool. Exited about the PC version as all the worst players will go there leaving only cool dudes behind on PS4

I hope they add something like strike scoring for raids to the next game, and books that record your stuff like kills and best times.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

petition to build a wall between the pc and console threads so that one thread will be full of cool dudes who drive nice cars and the other will be full of bug reports and whining about drivers

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The pc thread can be 60 pages of people asking about their 7 year old graphics card wired through a potato running the game while this thread discusses the chillest IPA's to drink and the best stocks to buy until release.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hope Bungie knows what they're doing, they haven't released an in-house PC game since 2001. Then again, their first try at PS3 was more or less perfect so they probably have a handle on this.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
With Bungie's record of support so far this thing is going to be absolutely lousy with cheating on PC.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'll buy it, if it's cross platform play with xbox owners.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

haveblue posted:

Hope Bungie knows what they're doing, they haven't released an in-house PC game since 2001. Then again, their first try at PS3 was more or less perfect so they probably have a handle on this.

I'm sure activision-blizzard will give them loads of tips and support and faaaaaart

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

so like for real, did anyone's record book come with the PvP poo poo filled out from your past games or do we have to do everything over again

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Mazerunner posted:

petition to build a wall between the pc and console threads so that one thread will be full of cool dudes who drive nice cars and the other will be full of bug reports and whining about drivers

We can talk to the architects who built it for the respective iOS and Android threads.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fifty Three posted:

so like for real, did anyone's record book come with the PvP poo poo filled out from your past games or do we have to do everything over again

You have to do it again

It's not that bad really

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FishBulb posted:

You have to do it again

It's not that bad really
Ugh. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

haveblue posted:

There's a rumor that there's 3 studios in total working on Destiny 2 content, not just Bungie and Vicarious Visions, so I'd totally believe the third one would be some cheapo studio doing the PC port.

• Locked thread