Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Timby posted:

There is no loving way JR would ever have any desire to deal with Vince's bullshit over a weekend a week after burying his wife.
Biting my tongue on the obvious riffs, but I had a second of genuine confusion over the word "buried"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Who are the top full time faces other than Reigns? Sami Zayn? Rollins I guess? Mojo Rawley? Ambrose? Pretty impressive company to be beating out

I'm assuming that Cena, Taker, Orton, Jericho, Lesnar, Goldberg all count as part timers.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says Reigns is selling more merch than any other full-timer. We Did It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGsHq-mZI8U&t=104s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish if not WWE, every other wrestling company to try and do this, giving wrestlers employee benefits and health insurance might make them want to stay even. Though I suppose the problem is that doing so would bankrupt these companies with the costs to give all the workers a fair share. I don't know I'm not an accountant so can someone explain to me if I'm off base in thinking this?

No other wrestling company would have the capital to do that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sonicice posted:

When Nikki is doing the simultaneous moves thing with John is that supposed to be the world's worst AA or is it supposed to be some other move?

Has nobody seen a TKO before

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

Never change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

I really hope it is good, I would like it to be!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish if not WWE, every other wrestling company to try and do this, giving wrestlers employee benefits and health insurance might make them want to stay even. Though I suppose the problem is that doing so would bankrupt these companies with the costs to give all the workers a fair share. I don't know I'm not an accountant so can someone explain to me if I'm off base in thinking this?

I imagine employee insurance for a wrestling company would be a nightmare. Apparently insurance companies that cover movie stuntmen will monitor scripts and send loss control people to the set -- there probably isn't any wrestling company that wants to have to clear all their spots through an underwriter first.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

Never change.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but either way I won't. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

I imagine employee insurance for a wrestling company would be a nightmare. Apparently insurance companies that cover movie stuntmen will monitor scripts and send loss control people to the set -- there probably isn't any wrestling company that wants to have to clear all their spots through an underwriter first.

Insurance Company: Well Mr. McMahon it's quite simple, you're covered for 100% of damages and literally the only thing you have to do is to have a plan written down more than 5 minutes before the airing of your live show and then stick with it.
Vince: I can't live with these impossible conditions!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm watching the Miz/Maryse/Nikki/Cena stuff from Smackdown and I think it might be one of my all time favorite segments.

gently caress it, just give the Miz the title

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 30, 2017

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Erebus posted:

"Your son is going to jump off WHAT?"

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

AsInHowe posted:

Maryse is better at talking than Nikki, and she barely speaks English.

Watching those videos the big takeaway for me is Maryse actually looks better as Nikki than Nikki does, its quite disconcerting.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This poo poo is such a self-fulfilling prophecy though. He has way more merch for sale at shows than anyone else. He gets shoved to the moon at the expense of drat near everyone.

It'd be ridiculous if he wasn't selling more.

Yeah. I would want comparisons to Cena's initial years as top guy, house show sizes and money, number of legit competitors for merch, all with comparative percentages and adjusted for inflation.

I mean, nobody needs to do that, but that's the kind of thing I'd be interested in seeing for a total picture (and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Did Heel Cole just come to an abrupt end? I don't really remember any sort of storyline behind him "turning face" again

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Did Heel Cole just come to an abrupt end? I don't really remember any sort of storyline behind him "turning face" again

If I remember right, they just kinda dropped it cold turkey when Lawler had the heart attack.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://twitter.com/TheWrestleDaily/status/847268412363464705

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Evil Canadian posted:

Watching those videos the big takeaway for me is Tyler Breeze actually looks better as Nikki than Nikki does, its quite disconcerting.

I know, right?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kind of an odd choice to suspend the ring above the ground like that, but it should make the Battle Royal more interesting.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope someone trips like Ultimo Dragon and ends up rolling all the way down the ramp.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This year they have wrestler mech battles in the big ring on top

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Platypus Farm posted:

"Your son is going to jump off WHAT?"

"Himself! Shane's going to jump off himself."
"Sir, I don't think--"
"THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE, DAMNIT"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/847132821504360448

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Kind of an odd choice to suspend the ring above the ground like that, but it should make the Battle Royal more interesting.

Shane is going to kill himself off one of those things.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Evil Canadian posted:

Watching those videos the big takeaway for me is Maryse actually looks better as Nikki than Nikki does, its quite disconcerting.

This except Tyler Breeze

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqObRM1pFxc

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:unsmith: Good for the Danielson's

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So weird that Cena and Danielson are technically family.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I can't really catch up with like 500 posts ranking Wrestlemanias but here's my list of I Can't Believe This Person Was Booked in a Wrestlemania Match

I: David Sammartino
II: Uncle Elmer
III: Dangerous Danny Davis
IV: Everyone here is fine
V: Bobby Heenan
VI: No real losers except Sapphire in a mixed tag I guess
VII: Tenryu?????
VIII: Skinner second from the top
IX: Oddly fine with everyone except Giant Gonzalez
X: Mo even though it probably made sense at the time, they were getting a push
XI: Lawtence Taylor, even though it's pretty famous
XII: Zip/Dr. Tom Pritchard, technically a Free for All Match
XIII: The New Blackjacks in that gimmick
XIV: Chainsaw Charlie/Terry Funk because I forgot how long that gimmick lasted
XV: Butterbean
2000: Rikishi and Kane as a tag team
X-7: Jim Cornette
X-8: Maven in a real-rear end match
XIX: Decent card
XX: Garrison Cade
21: Luther Reigns
22: Super Crazy
23: Four way tie between Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker, and Kevin Thorn
24: Deuce or Domino
25: Joy Giovanni
26: Caylen Croft
27: Tyler Reks
28: David Otunga
29: Fandango in a singles match that he won
30: Brad Maddox
31: Hideo Itami
32: Alberto del Rio because I had already forgotten League of Nations/anything about his second run

Someone please explain how Caylen Croft was even a real person and not a rumor like Sexualities in Mortal Kombat II, I recognize the name but I remember the ECW New Blood more vividly than that guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That loving Wrestlemania ramp :stare:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

from Reddit paraphrasing the Observer

quote:

This had been building for a while with JBL constantly bashing Mauro on air about his pop culture references and activity on Twitter. It escalated after Mauro tweeted out about receiving the WON Announcer of the Year award which upset JBL (and he talked about it on "Bring it to the Table"). Dave also mentions that JBL must have said something to Mauro privately about it.

A majority of people (fans in general and on the sub i'm talking about) thought that segment on "Bring it to the Table" was a work but it was not and evidently contributed to the triggering of Mauro's depression.

Dave also says that this puts WWE in a tough spot with JBL and Mauro being broadcast partners on SD and it would look terrible if he didn't return (as in WWE didn't bring him back, just to clarify -edit).

Edit#2: Bas Rutten (a really good friend of Mauro) has also mentioned JBL on social media so this isn't speculative. Who knows what else Mauro is going through personally on top of his bipolar disorder, but JBL's comments have struck a chord here. Meltzer goes into slightly more detail in the newsletter but this is the crux of the situation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress JBL.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rehire Steve Blackman to babysit JBL

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want Bas to get his hands on JBL.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

a drunk loudmouthed texas redneck and a sensitive bipolar guy make kind of a lovely announce team when you think about it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Luigi Thirty posted:

from Reddit paraphrasing the Observer

Jerusalem posted:

That loving Wrestlemania ramp :stare:

push JBL off the top of the ramp

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

So weird that Cena and Danielson are technically family.

Well they're technically not, so

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dias posted:

You're telling me WWE picked a perfectly good wrestler that got over with their own schtick and then hosed it all up, making them look like unredeemable garbage in the process? Say it ain't so.

Yeah, WWE main roster hasn't been good for Enzo and Cass, but it wasn't stellar in NXT. I still can't believe they didn't resolve the Carmella plotline by saying she's going out with Cass and Enzo having the grace to back off. Instead, it was just dropped as a plotline and now Carmella just hung out with them.

Notably they also have bad matches, no good matches, including Enzo having the worst match in Cesaro's WWE tenure, and literally almost dying at Payback last year. Them doing the plotline that Cass is nearly a main event level singles talent while Enzo is a loving loser who needs Big Cass to help him isn't good either, makes them both look bad. Imagine them trying to show that both have individual strengths and weaknesses that they complement as a team to be better than they are individually - WWE cannot do this.

The lovely Cuppa haters catchphrase which they are pursuing hard to sell merch is bad, but everything involving the Lana plotline was awful garbage and classic "Rusev is clearly the good guy here", trying to gently caress some chicken, and just been lovely faces. Enzo seems like an rear end in a top hat, Cass has no real personality other than sticking to Enzo despite his constantly being an rear end in a top hat and substantially worse wrestler.

The_Rob posted:

The sliding under the ropes during the vaudevillians match was one of those weird freak accidents that could have happened to anyone. And yeah sometimes easy botches happen. Why were they doing fine in NXT and having pretty decent to good matches on a consistent basis there?

No they weren't having great matches there, including not developing as many signiature spots as you'd want, and their finisher is still awful. And you can't say it was a freak accident when it only happened to Enzo, known for being sloppily dangerous with his selling. He consistently botches in his matches, this wasn't a freak accident, it was him loving up.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

a drunk loudmouthed texas redneck and a sensitive bipolar guy make kind of a lovely announce team when you think about it

:(

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 30, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I want Bas to get his hands on JBL.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'd love to see a legit tough guy like Bas Rutten bully JBL.

• Locked thread