Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

whiteyfats posted:

Protip: Lose 80 pounds by having your thyroid go hyperactive! :downs:

(:negative:)

poo poo, how do I get in on that gravy train? I could stand to lose 80.

Baronjutter posted:

All the fat people I know share a common "uhg.. I just don't like water" trait. They drink children's sugar drinks all day despite being adults.

Hey, I'm fat, and now you know me! I like water. I drink about...5, 6 liters a day? Just of water.

Leavemywife posted:

My problem with exercise is I've got a hip with a bunch of screws and two plates, as well as an ankle with some screws and a plate. The ligaments in my leg don't work right; the muscle is fine, but the ligaments don't stretch the way they're supposed to, which limits the things I can do pretty heavily.

I'm not as bad off as you, but yeah, pins in each hip make things awkward. One of the things my physio guy has me doing is what I[ call burst walking. Not as in going fast, but just doing it in small amounts. Every few hours, I go for a 5-10 minute walk around the building while I'm at work. Easy to rack up my 30 minutes a day that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Leavemywife posted:

I drink diet pop, thank you very much.

...I'm not helping my case, am I?

Diet soda is loving you up big time. It makes you get used to having the aftertaste of something sweet in your mouth at all times. It also feels like it absolves you of a lot of diet sins when it really doesn't.

Cut the soda.

Also count calories and be real about it. I get to have a double quarter pounder on the regular because I limit my caloric intake elsewhere. Skip the fries and drink because that's a minimum of 300 calories you don't need to waste on bad carbs. You're probably memory holing eating (it's a big problem), so stop doing that.

Basically read YLLS' weight loss thread OP every couple weeks. Shine knows their poo poo.

E: and boost your protein intake. If you're a big guy you'll probably need powders. Optimum Nutrition is really good.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Mar 29, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i can never again lift more than 25 pounds since ive had 2 colonectomies but i play soccer 3x a week and walk 6 miles 2 out of the other 4 days

even diet soda has a lot of sodium which makes you retain water. drink only coffee, tea, water and beer

boar guy has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Mar 29, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

purple death ray posted:

Diet pop is the grossest compromise in the world. I'm in pretty awful shape but I have found it really easy and really rewarding to overcome that and develop a taste for plain rear end water. It's so good once you get into it.

I mean sure rear end water is fine but have you tried tap water?

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

I love that soda water with essence of whatever.

God I love the coconut.

I stopped eating sugar two months ago and now these are so delicious. I used to think they were too bitter and add flavoured syrups, stupid taste buds.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cut out the carbonated poo poo, even sparkling water. It robs the calcium out of your bones and fucks up your teeth. Water and tea are the best, although tea will make you piss a lot.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

whiteyfats posted:

Protip: Lose 80 pounds by having your thyroid go hyperactive! :downs:

(:negative:)

I lost 60 that way. 😂

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Leavemywife posted:

My problem with exercise is I've got a hip with a bunch of screws and two plates, as well as an ankle with some screws and a plate.

I hate to say it but... I think you're screwed mate.

(Diet soda is not helping and might also be bad. See for example https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4590273/
Results and Conclusions

Regarding nutritional benefits, the available studies, while numerous, do not provide proof that the consumption of artificial sweeteners as sugar substitutes is beneficial in terms of weight management, blood glucose regulation in diabetic subjects or the incidence of type 2 diabetes. Regarding nutritional risks (incidence of type 2 diabetes, habituation to sweetness in adults, cancers, etc.), it is not possible based on the available data to establish a link between the occurrence of these risks and the consumption of artificial sweeteners. However, some studies underline the need to improve knowledge of the links between intense sweeteners consumption and certain risks.)

Also this is a weird derail in the AUG thread.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I love that soda water with essence of whatever.

God I love the coconut.

LaCroix? Yeah it's good poo poo. I'm not one for the coconut, but I'm addicted to berry. Probably 3 a day or so.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I personally find that crushing depression does wonders for weight loss.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Not if you try to eat it away :smith: Thank god I'm real tall.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Heath posted:

Cut out the carbonated poo poo, even sparkling water. It robs the calcium out of your bones and fucks up your teeth.

This is concerning. How?

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

I think a lot of people's trouble with water is that they don't like the taste of gross warm tap water, and equate this with not liking water. If you get a good quality insulated water bottle and some form of water filter, it makes all the difference. If the tap water is just total garbage where you live, then buying a few gallons of Poland Spring or whatever (while not amazing for the environment) is still better than buying a single bottle at a time, drinking half, and pouring the rest down the drain. If you always have cold, clean, tasty water available you'll be surprised how much more you drink.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Breetai posted:

This is concerning. How?

Carbonic acid, it's a calcium absorber.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

porkswordonboard posted:

I think a lot of people's trouble with water is that they don't like the taste of gross warm tap water, and equate this with not liking water. If you get a good quality insulated water bottle and some form of water filter, it makes all the difference. If the tap water is just total garbage where you live, then buying a few gallons of Poland Spring or whatever (while not amazing for the environment) is still better than buying a single bottle at a time, drinking half, and pouring the rest down the drain. If you always have cold, clean, tasty water available you'll be surprised how much more you drink.

The best thing anyone ever did for me was gift a hydroflask. It's one of the big obnoxious ones. I fill it with ice, and refill it with water throughout the day. That poo poo stays COLD. I've always liked water, will drink it warm, but keeping it ice-cold is a good way to get me to drink a ton of it. I'm not a fat, though, so your mileage may vary.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Drinking a ton of water is extremely dangerous. (Even if you don't literally mean a ton.)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Heath posted:

Cut out the carbonated poo poo, even sparkling water. It robs the calcium out of your bones and fucks up your teeth. Water and tea are the best, although tea will make you piss a lot.

Next thing you are going to say carbonated beer is bad. gently caress that poo poo I do what I want.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Some kinds of air is bad for your lungs as well. Please be mindful of that. Beijing and Mexico City have lovely air and you all must stop breathing right now if the air is like those.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Efexeye posted:

even diet soda has a lot of sodium which makes you retain water. drink only coffee, tea, water and beer

Heath posted:

Stop spreading misinformation.

Controlled studies have shown no difference in bone density loss between carbonated and regular water.

A can of diet coke has 40mg of soda which is less than 2% of the daily recommended intake. Even if you drink 2 liters of soda a day that's less sodium than like... a single slice of cheese

E: also tea/coffee don't make you pee more than water, provided you drink it regularly

Jmcrofts has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Mar 30, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jmcrofts posted:

Controlled studies have shown no difference in bone density loss between carbonated and regular water.

A can of diet coke has 40mg of soda which is less than 2% of the daily recommended intake. Even if you drink 2 liters of soda a day that's less than 10% of your daily sodium

Diet soda still fucks your eating and drinking habits up though

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Somfin posted:

Diet soda still fucks your eating and drinking habits up though

I don't disagree but people don't need to spread blatantly false things to support their point

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Jmcrofts posted:

A can of diet coke has 40mg of soda which is less than 2% of the daily recommended intake. Even if you drink 2 liters of soda a day that's less sodium than like... a single slice of cheese

E: also tea/coffee don't make you pee more than water, provided you drink it regularly

Thanks for this. Looked it up once I was at a computer rather than my phone. It's good news for me as I've got terrible bone density/Vitamin D and for a minute there I thought I was sabotaging my own treatment - I bought a SodaStream and basically use it only for carbonating plain water (as do 99% of the people I know who own one) so I drink a LOT of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I found eating less and walking more seemed to do it for me. I'm sure someone will point out how that has been proven not to work though.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I found eating less and walking more seemed to do it for me. I'm sure someone will point out how that has been proven not to work though.

Just Google haes/fat acceptance movement.

Also great to know that sparkling water is still ok.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Benny Harvey posted:

Just Google haes/fat acceptance movement.

Also great to know that sparkling water is still ok.

Ha! They loving wish they looked as slim as that cartoon.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, that poo poo never did anything for me! My metabolism just naturally changed when I moved myself and my family into the middle of the Sahara desert. We all lost weight as quick as bunnies. It was astounding. Never mind I was the only one to get out alive, we all looked so good before the rescue team arrived.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah that lass is just zaftig.

Also, pretty sure that Oscar Wilde quote was intentionally OTT narcissism.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Solice Kirsk posted:

Big bottom girls make the world go round.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

After the photos of the two patients with several lymphedema and cellulitis I watched both 600-lb Life episodes they were from.
I've been watching episodes of this show while working at home (it's better than Hoarders because that just makes me compulsively clean my room instead of getting work done). Some of the people's attitudes are horrible. Tanitha starts off a two-hour episode talking about years of abuse and then midway through goes completely batshit. And Chuck- he got weightloss surgery, and then his wife got weightloss surgery and he couldn't be bothered to start helping out around the house so she served him with divorce papers and he started crying about his weight. Within a year he was remarried and then that wife left him too, probably when she realized that she would be doing all the work in the marriage. You're right, it's double layers of awful- the visible, physical stuff, and the mental stuff.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've noticed a real aversion to depicting rolls or folds or love handles or extra chins in haes-style art. Almost like those features are objectively ugly. Huge thighs, big arms, thick necks, sure, but don't touch that waistline or the face silhouette!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have to love myself because nobody else will.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Avenging_Mikon posted:

poo poo, how do I get in on that gravy train? I could stand to lose 80.

Hey, I'm fat, and now you know me! I like water. I drink about...5, 6 liters a day? Just of water.

Are you sure you're fat? You are drinking 12 pounds of water every day. Maybe you just need to pee more.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

I just wish these things were accurate rather than cute twee chubby.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hate you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jestery posted:

I just wish these things were accurate rather than cute twee chubby.

HUGE LADY BALLS

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've lost 30 pounds since december now and I have a fitbit, but it's moreso tied to counting calories, eating less, and using that little bit of exercise (30 minutes of walking a day) to push my calorie deficit closer to 1000.

I love snacks and sometimes I gently caress up and eat too much. never over what I burn, luckily, but there have been days where I don't necessarily contribute much to my weight loss. I measure or portion my snacks, and my meals, and I haven't cut out fat or anything really either. I still use butter and I like chicken thighs with skin on, I still prefer whole milk, I have a goddamn lovely mcdonalds burger once in a while. it's a balance. my fitbit helps me keep track of my exercise a bit more, and more importantly allows me to log my food intake more easily.

I drink water most of the time but I like sparkling water (with bubbles more like soda than seltzer/lacroix, cos gently caress seltzer sorry) and have it once in a while.

good luck 2 everyone losing weight!!

e: we are lucky to have wonderful tap water out here and I think that makes a difference. I wouldn't want to buy bottled water lol

snoo has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Mar 30, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I buy cases of lightly flavored seltzer water and drink almost nothing but those when I'm home. Soda makes me want to barf.

There are a couple people in my office that just mainline 2-3 liters in a work day and it's painful to look at.
According to one of them, it's no worse than the 16 oz. of coffee I have a day because I put half n half in. Even though it's a splash of 2% but whaaaaatever.

My metabolism was always CRAZY good. Until I was 25 I weighed around 145 at 6'. Too skinny, I know but there was nothing more I could have done aside from drinking milkshakes.
Now I'm 30 and am closer to 200. It doesn't show that much but I have no excuse aside from laziness.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Hnnggggggggggh

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tetracube posted:

good loving lord how are people still falling for these fake blogs

Many pages ago but having gone to art school, these people exist in real life, and there are many of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

Hnnggggggggggh

I...I don't know what is pants and what is discolored skin. I find this irksome. I'm terribly irked.

edit:
Also his foot is huuuuuuuuuuuge.

• Locked thread