Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That super mutant looks badass. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Man that looks so much better, great job.

It is awesome to see some actual modding for a change now, another lovely day of bodyslide mods on the Nexus.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Let's put some 4k boobs on this molerat.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Coughing Hobo posted:

Let's put some 4k boobs on this molerat.

Funny you should say that because I did add 4k boobs to every molerat. Only the Broodmother textures were updated so I went ahead and just used those for all of them.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

turn off the TV posted:

Funny you should say that because I did add 4k boobs to every molerat. Only the Broodmother textures were updated so I went ahead and just used those for all of them.

:getin:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

*Nods* Be sure to mention that on the nexus, also realistic.

They look grand. can I make a suggestion? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9239/ (Glowing Animals Emit Light), incorporating a slightly toned down version of this might be groovy as well,

Its great with darker nights.

AgentHaiTo posted:

My favorite Weapons modder released his merged redux mod with all his current redone weapons.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23064/

Ohh! a bunch of alternate textures as well. I Just picked up the Pseudo "That Gun" with a flames decal, looks pretty nifty. I wonder if I could jank the 10mm rifle stock to use the newer meshes

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 30, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

staberind posted:

*Nods* Be sure to mention that on the nexus, also realistic.

They look grand. can I make a suggestion? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9239/ (Glowing Animals Emit Light), incorporating a slightly toned down version of this might be groovy as well,

Its great with darker nights.

Glowing creatures already emit light in the vanilla game, and do so in a much more precise way than what this mod is set up for (the lights are produced according to the glow maps).

I'm currently not 100% sure how it works in vanilla, but from the looks of it this mod actually disables the original lights on top of placing omnidirectional lights inside the center of the meshes.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

Glowing creatures already emit light in the vanilla game, and do so in a much more precise way than what this mod is set up for (the lights are produced according to the glow maps).

I'm currently not 100% sure how it works in vanilla, but from the looks of it this mod actually disables the original lights on top of placing omnidirectional lights inside the center of the meshes.

Thats what I was thinking, it looks ok, but it could be a little more subtle, plus, it looks like the glow could be any colour, so albino's could glow slightly, I have plenty of experience with glow maps, I have not messed with F4's much yet though.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

turn off the TV posted:

Do you have a sample location of this in the vanilla game I could check out? You make it sound like these glowing creatures have some form of emissive lighting, which would not actually light the environment, unless the game has some advanced form of global illumination I completely failed to notice. And I'm pretty sure I would've noticed...

e: Actually looking at the mod screenshots, seems like what's happening is:
- Vanilla creatures have "glow maps", which are really just texture maps with areas that have non-0 emissive light.
- Vanilla doesn't actually have any form of emissive light propagation, so these creatures will glow by themselves in pitch black but not actually affect the environment. So in a pitch black situation, you have glow-in-the-dark creatures and absolutely no other lighting around them.
- This mod removes the emissive light map to keep only diffuse map, but instead places a dynamic light on glowing creatures.
- Creatures look completely at odds with their environment due to their light coming from inside and therefore pretty much having a loving diametrically opposed normal to everything else in the environment.
- Modder doesn't know poo poo, sees glowy poo poo and says "ship it" :downs:

Jan fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 30, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jan posted:

Do you have a sample location of this in the vanilla game I could check out? You make it sound like these glowing creatures have some form of emissive lighting, which would not actually light the environment, unless the game has some advanced form of global illumination I completely failed to notice. And I'm pretty sure I would've noticed...

behind the first red rocket, there is some of the glowing fungus before you enter the cave of mr and mrs molerat to take the treasured Fusion Core. I am pretty sure that might be emissive. although I dont remember if taking it turn off the glow.
Also : Neon signage?

Checked the glowing fungus, I suspect there is just an invisible light source there as "picking" the fungus or scrapping it outright makes no difference. so, its just the area its in has a glow there.
the Neon is dynamic and emissive I think.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 30, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Jan posted:

e: Actually looking at the mod screenshots, seems like what's happening is:
- Vanilla creatures have "glow maps", which are really just texture maps with areas that have non-0 emissive light.
- Vanilla doesn't actually have any form of emissive light propagation, so these creatures will glow by themselves in pitch black but not actually affect the environment. So in a pitch black situation, you have glow-in-the-dark creatures and absolutely no other lighting around them.
- This mod removes the emissive light map to keep only diffuse map, but instead places a dynamic light on glowing creatures.
- Creatures look completely at odds with their environment due to their light coming from inside and therefore pretty much having a loving diametrically opposed normal to everything else in the environment.
- Modder doesn't know poo poo, sees glowy poo poo and says "ship it" :downs:

There is definitely some kind of emissive light happening. You can spawn in glowing ones with player.placeatme 00020bcc

The issue I'm having is that I just can't figure out what is responsible for this light.

e: Never mind, it's definitely the Art Object being applied to the FeralGhoulGlowingWhole armor addon. What's confusing me is that none of the changes I'm making to its default file in nifskope are showing up in game.

e: Just checked the final size of the textures I've been working on, it clocks in at around 2.5 gigs. Not too bad.

e: Well I was able to crash my game by changing some of the .nif's values, so I suppose that I'm going to have to look into it more tomorrow. It's GlowingOneAO.nif, if anyone else is interested in tinkering with it.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 30, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That's some good work on the skins, would they be more or less performance friendly since you say you optimized them a bit better then the default ones?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That's some good work on the skins, would they be more or less performance friendly since you say you optimized them a bit better then the default ones?

They're optimized in reference to the HD texture pack. The normal maps are upwards of four times their original resolutions, and are usually twice the file size of their vanilla counterparts. The diffuse maps are all two or four times the filesize of their vanilla counterparts, and I actually have more 4k diffuse textures included in the pack than what the HD DLC includes.

If you don't want that big of a footprint you could still get the majority of the detail with just the new normals, it's kind of hard to notice a great deal on most of the diffuse maps.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Again tha's some great normal work, right now I I have completely psychedelic mirelurks and so on due to (I think), http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23052/ Nuclear Colours.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That preview pic... :cripes:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Have people ever posted nice DEF_HUD configs?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Edit: Nothing to see here.

gasman fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 30, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23159/

Alrighty, here's the textures. I packed it in a BSA so the whole thing is a little under 1.5 gigs.

e: within three comments I got a post where a guy carefully explained the difference between boobs, teats, and udders. I'm glad you guys reminded me to list that feature.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 31, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
And thats not even me.
I just popped in to say thanks and grabbing it now

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Alrighty, here's the textures. I packed it in a BSA so the whole thing is a little under 1.5 gigs.

e: within three comments I got a post where a guy carefully explained the difference between boobs, teats, and udders. I'm glad you guys reminded me to list that feature.

Haha that comment loving slayed me "Uh molerats don't have boobs" :goonsay:

Nexus.txt right there.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
So, "Press X to Shaun" was finally released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RPwveSypsA

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Is there a mod that lets you skip the intro stuff like New Vegas' Role-Play Start or Skyrim's Alternate Start?

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
I use this. You can choose between vanilla and synth start which gets you going in minutes. Downside is that you'll start the game in a location depending on the profession you choose, reporter for example throws you right next to that school east of Gunners plaza. Type "coc redrocketext" in console to teleport to Red Rocket or "coc sanctuaryext".

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I've started doing some of the landscape and architecture textures today. I'm not 100% happy with everything, as it's pretty difficult to gauge how well these textures will look in game, or even where I can find them.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I was playing some Honest Hearts yesterday, and it occurred to me that I can't think of any tribals in FO4 except maybe Nuka-World's Pack. Are there any interesting tribal mods?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Me at the start of the game: "I'll leave settlement stuff for later on, when I'm later in the gamr"

Me at level 10 from the top of my skyscraper: "...what just happened?"

So I guess my question is: is there anything that helps smooth over the abysmal loving construction interface on PC?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Me at the start of the game: "I'll leave settlement stuff for later on, when I'm later in the gamr"

Me at level 10 from the top of my skyscraper: "...what just happened?"

So I guess my question is: is there anything that helps smooth over the abysmal loving construction interface on PC?

While it doesn't actually change the UI, the mod Place Everywhere (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424/) takes a lot of the hassle out of it.

It will let you place objects so they clip through each other or through terrain, move (or even delete) pre-existing objects that you wouldn't normally be able to interact with, and even toggle between the X, Y, and Z axis for rotation.

No way I could go back to playing without it. It makes things so much easier.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I also strongly recommend Scrap Everything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hah, I saw those back when I was starting and was resistant because it was a bit cheaty. After having actually done some building, they sound like an excellent idea.

On to building my highwaytop manor whilst below me my robot minions garden away.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Can I turn on scrap everything, scrap just a few things, and then pop it back off for safety so I don't accidentally do stuff with weird behavior?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MikeJF posted:

Can I turn on scrap everything, scrap just a few things, and then pop it back off for safety so I don't accidentally do stuff with weird behavior?

Nope. Scrap everything disables precombined meshes and pregenerated visibility in cells with settlements, so if you disable it everything connected to a precombined mesh will probably just reappear. In the chance that it doesn't you will have a bunch of visual bugs instead.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

I had a weird bug with Scrap Everything and the Castle. Something about it broke the floors inside such that I couldn't place items if I loaded that cell with it installed.

On the other hand, I was able to toggle the install without seeing any issues with my minor cleaning in other areas.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've found it wise to save before going on a scrapping binge. I haven't often found things that I needed to reverse but it's worth the peace of mind.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Welp, llamaRCA uploaded a companion mod.

If its half as popular as Willow was, it will be on the nexus hot files until the end of time.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I got the floor bug with the Castle and I don't have Scrap Everything. Happens in Covenant, too. There was a point where I was able to place things inside the Castle, but I can't move them now or add anything new. I've tried hunting around for the source of the problem but every thread I've seen in help forums has involved mods I don't have installed. :iiam:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

turn off the TV posted:

Congrats on the hot files! Now finish what you were doing with occlusion planes downtown so I can venture in there without my computer melting down.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Saint Sputnik posted:

Congrats on the hot files! Now finish what you were doing with occlusion planes downtown so I can venture in there without my computer melting down.

That's definitely still on my to do list, but I've been running into issues getting things to export from the CK properly. Lots of CTD's or missing textures.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've poked the ck a bit, but its even more unreliable than skyrims, so I will stick to F4Edit.
speaking of which, if there are any mods that goons like but think they are missing something,
like the ability to craft a mod's weapon or armour, addition to levelled lists, adding keywords like legendary or railroad and crap like that..

put a link to the mod and what you want,
I'll try to sort you out, while making a quick guide to what I did to make it : Usually copying something from the main fallout esm and altering it.

And yeah, congrats, the gouls do look much better. I have not been close enough to a supermutants to check them out yet.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's been a while, last few weeks in the Nexus has been pretty bland except for a handful of mods. Here they are!

Lets start this off with a bang, a new GUN. Somebody has put the Mosin Nagant rifle in the game as a mod at last. They've even experimented with making a 1st person bolt action animation for the thing.

I'm a soppy cat lover and I hate seeing dead cats because they stuck around a dangerous place too long and got killed. More Realistic Cats gives their AI a tweaking and now just like real cats they get the gently caress out when trouble starts brewing or don't even go anywhere near dangerous areas.

Don't Quit Your Day Job gives a bit more variety to NPC crafting at your settlement work benches.

Outcasts & Remnants and Fusion City Rising are actually pretty neat quest/area content/faction expansion mods and are worth checking out if you want to see or do something new with the game now the DLC is all done.

Missed the crazy over the top Mad Max punk rocker hair styles from Fallout 3/NV? well, NWM Warrior Crest hair styles brings them back for your player character!

Insult To Injury makes the base games limb injury system a lot more complex, resembling more like FNV's Hardcore mode.

Fallout 4 Uncapitalizer is a pretty simple UI tweak, It more or less stops most of the games text shouting at you now.

The rest? titty mods, blueprints and the odd minor settlement improvement mod. Nothing to see here, move along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Edit: found a solution to my problem, turns out if your grenades are swapped out it can bug out everything else somehow.

On another note, does anyone use any of the green wasteland mods and recommend any?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 8, 2017