Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm near 100% certain that when that Branco STD cartoon got posted here for the first time someone who used to date Branco in college or something came in and confirmed he was a gigantic misogynistic piece of poo poo and that's why she dumped him.

The way I remember it he was dating someone's mom and was dumped for being a combination jerk slash creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sandpuppy posted:

Couch Guevara Pt.II

These "The Democrats aren't resisting HARD enough!" cartoons are extra obnoxious when you remember that before the elections Rall made several "eh, Trump doesn't seem that bad" cartoons.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Rall sucks extra hard because I'm willing to bet money that he wasn't at a single protest this entire administration so far. Him hectoring from the side is the most annoying poo poo. I honestly can take the hateful GOP poo poo over him.

That stuff is awful and hateful, but this high horse ~hmmmm libs aren't fighting hard enough~ poo poo from a dork who does nothing but fart out awful cartoons that no one cares about is the most irritating poo poo.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Rall sucks extra hard because I'm willing to bet money that he wasn't at a single protest this entire administration so far. Him hectoring from the side is the most annoying poo poo. I honestly can take the hateful GOP poo poo over him.

That stuff is awful and hateful, but this high horse ~hmmmm libs aren't fighting hard enough~ poo poo from a dork who does nothing but fart out awful cartoons that no one cares about is the most irritating poo poo.

Agreed. Rall strikes me as the sort who complains about organized protests not being "real protests" - which can perhaps be a valid complaint but would ignore the spontaneous demonstrations that have also occurred - while simultaneously not actually doing anything to organize people to further his political ideology. At which point all you're doing is bitching.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Rall: "Man, trump is so bad and the dems are so lazy. How did he even get elected?"

*six months ago*

Rall: "Hillary?!? You mean the new Hitler?!?!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
With guys like Lester, the McCoys and Asay, they're all loving monsters but at least they have beliefs and ideals they cling to. Rall does NOTHING but bitch and moan about how the current situation is pointless and wrong because HE isn't in charge. I bet you a million bucks if some Conservative/Alt-Right site offered him enough money Rall would become Trump's #1 fan. He has no real political opinions other than "Hmmmm how does this benefit Ted Rall?"

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Somfin posted:

How do you gently caress up drawing the same gun three times in a different way each time

Well, to be fair to Turd Royale, he can't even draw the same gun the same way once, much less three times.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Lester is fairly petty, true, remember when Lester drew Obama with a rainbow tie for years? But I'm not sure if I'd call Lester as malicious as Branco. Lester does seem able to restrain his hate a bit, or at least make his hate seem goofy at time, like the Chick-Fil-A comic with the gay chickens. It's a stupid and hateful opinion but it's presented in a silly way. Branco doesn't seem like he's capable of doing anything but drawing men with hairy legs in dresses.

Lester's brand of pettiness is the kind that comes from not being punched in the face enough.

Seriously, all of his "work" has a vibe of "Nya nya, I'm not touching you." of someone who goes through life knowing that technically no one can do anything about it.
So basically, he's a lovely little internet troll.

Not that this is anything new. For all of the talk he and his ilk put out about how "Snowflakes need to learn to toughen up and take their lumps like a real man", he would be one of the first ones to cry foul when someone applies it to him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
You know how some cartoons are so hideously bad that they make all the major news outlet? That Branco one about Obamacare causing STDs did because of how dumb it is.

Other cartoons I remember being major news because of how bad they were:

The NY Post had no problem showing this and defended Delonas over it.

Yeah, this is a bad one. Pretty sure Lester got in trouble for it.

Man, conservatives hated Sandra Fluke. Gary edited it to no longer label her as Fluke. And this isn't even getting into the crap Rush Limbaugh said.

This is probably the worst. A lot of people were rightfully upset that Michelle was portrayed as a man.

Wait no, this is the worst one.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'd say that Devos toon is in the top 5 worst of the past decade to be honest.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I think I hate Delonas the most because (1) his art is both hideous and well-drawn, and (2) he has the same first name as me, so it's personal.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

the_steve posted:

Lester's brand of pettiness is the kind that comes from not being punched in the face enough.

Seriously, all of his "work" has a vibe of "Nya nya, I'm not touching you." of someone who goes through life knowing that technically no one can do anything about it.
So basically, he's a lovely little internet troll.

Not that this is anything new. For all of the talk he and his ilk put out about how "Snowflakes need to learn to toughen up and take their lumps like a real man", he would be one of the first ones to cry foul when someone applies it to him.

Yeah there are a few "artists" that measure success by how upset they think "Libtards" get. Tinsley very much considers any and all attention pure validation. Lester and the Idiots McCoy fully wet themselves drawing each cartoon thinking some Liberal is having a heart attack, I'm sure they actually think even Obama is up nights thinking about them. You can tell this by the little touches: snot bubbles on crying Dems, stink lines, petty childish bullshit that they really, really think will "get" them. basically if they're illustrating 4th grade taunts and calling it a political cartoon they are this kind of "need a punch" douche.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

seiferguy posted:

Other cartoons I remember being major news because of how bad they were:

There was also the one where a White House intruder was asking to borrow Obama's watermelon flavored toothpaste. I think it was a McKee?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

SomeMathGuy posted:

There was also the one where a White House intruder was asking to borrow Obama's watermelon flavored toothpaste. I think it was a McKee?

That was Jerry Holbert, cartoonist for the Boston Herald.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Technically Branco's godawful STD cartoon is actually an edit.

Because the original had a typo in the form of "#gotbrokencodom" :allears:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I remember it was Holbert because he would continually make Obama look like a dog with floppy ears, a big wet nose, and fleas

also a dick chin, which I don't think dogs have, but what the hell

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Hmm? Not really no. It wasn't "Yum pink slime!!" then "EW pink slime!!" it was "Yum burger" then "WHAT is in my burger???" People didn't suddenly hate pink slime because THE MEDIA told them to, they genuinely had no idea.

People hate pink slime because of Vigo. That's the only reason.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

OptimusShr posted:

That was Jerry Holbert, cartoonist for the Boston Herald.

Ah, see, it's impossible for me to remember it's a Holbert when it didn't involve skulls.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Someone post that Rob Smith Jr "I <3 Israel,,, apple pie and ice cream" cartoon

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
e: Post got messed up. Yeah, that cartoon is a Branco. I can't find it right now but if nobody else posts it I have it saved at home.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 30, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Saint Sputnik posted:

Someone post that Rob Smith Jr "I <3 Israel,,, apple pie and ice cream" cartoon

I can't find it but I'm pretty sure that one was Branco

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't find it but I'm pretty sure that one was Branco

Correct.

^daminit!^

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I like the idea that Al Gore always walks around with a button on his chest announcing that he is, in fact, Al Gore.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I like the idea that Al Gore always walks around with a button on his chest announcing that he is, in fact, Al Gore.

On the other hand, Glenn Beck probably does wear that t-shirt.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

This is especially funny because I assume Branco hates Beck now due to his NeverTrump stuff

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Chagrin Falls is a real town in Ohio. It's nice. Bill Watterson lives there.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Cloks posted:

Chagrin Falls is a real town in Ohio. It's nice. Bill Watterson lives there.

i grew up on the outskirts of chagrin falls. quaint little village, but it's expensive to live in and the locals can be vicious.

i used to love the popcorn shop

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

OldTennisCourt posted:

I bet you a million bucks if some Conservative/Alt-Right site offered him enough money Rall would become "You won't see another black president for generations" "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Donald "Maybe it says he's a Muslim" Trump's #1 fan. He has no real political opinions other than "Hmmmm how does this benefit Ted Rall?"

It happened last year, actually, when Rall started working with Putin's youth outreach program.

He did a couple cartoons for Sputnik too, yeah?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hope N Change is dead. With Obama out of office, Jarlsberg has archived the past eight years of "political cartoons" by which I mean "photoshop filters over photos with childish word balloons."

Say hello to Stilton's Place, where Trump still can't catch a break because hahaha he really is doing that poo poo of a job.

Jarls is not pleased with Trump's decision to give up an let Obamacare fail. Sadly this is not because of how transparent Republicans are in their hatred for the poor and other marginalized groups, but because of some conspiracy theory that Democrats totally intended Obamacare to fail. That's right: forget Republican obstructionism and lovely blue dogs watering down the ACA, it was all part of Obama's plan to implement SINGLE PAYER CARE once Obamacare went up in smoke! This is absolutely true and not the frenzied thoughts of a man irreparably poisoned by right-wing propaganda!

He still has an unhealthy fixation on this stock photo model.

This is a good example of the privilege of the wealthy, but not in the way he thinks.

He seriously thinks Trump is on to something regarding wiretapping.

Don't worry, the other stock photo girl hasn't left the cast.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

United Airlines created a social media uproar when it kicked two teenage girls off a flight for wearing leggings. Turns out you can wear all the leggings you want. Even if you’re Caitlyn Jenner. The girls were subject to a dress code because they were flying free on an employee pass.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Two week delay biting Tinsley in the rear end again. The Republican party line this week is "privacy is overrated, it's okay when big companies violate it."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fates End posted:

well you see it's terrible and puts people at risk for STDs when a woman has a sex with a lot of strange men while using birth control but it's fine when I have sex with strange women without using birth control because I'm a man and I can't get pregnant!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pakled posted:

Two week delay biting Tinsley in the rear end again. The Republican party line this week is "privacy is overrated, it's okay when big companies violate it."

Companies yes, government no.

except when it also beneficial for government yes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Whatever Bok is trying to say in that cartoon I'm pretty sure it's stupid, even if I can't tell what it is

e: I have this response to Bok a lot

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Isn't that Idiot Liberal Professor man?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Since it's apparently all men she's talking to a better caption would be "rest assured that as usual, the dress code really only applies to women".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Fates End posted:

well you see it's terrible and puts people at risk for STDs when a woman has a sex with a lot of strange men while using birth control but it's fine when I have sex with strange women without using birth control because

Because a woman who has lots of sex is a "slut" while a man who has lots of sex is a "player". Come on, it's only like the classic textbook example of a double standard.

• Locked thread