Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Branco is a close second.

e: man, and then Branco gets posted right as I'm typing that.

Too bad that isn't the "broken codom" version of that comic.

Both are stupid motherfuckers, but I challenge you to name any thread regular who is as reliably petty and malicious as Branco. Kirschen comes close, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Improbable Lobster posted:

While it's worthwhile not to dismiss conspiracies theories out of hand there's a reason why they're conspiracy theories and not just conspiracies. The vast majority of them are nonsense that bear as much resemblance to reality as a bad episode of The X-Files.

Shame too since the conspiracy theories are usually more fun than real life.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Hmm? Not really no. It wasn't "Yum pink slime!!" then "EW pink slime!!" it was "Yum burger" then "WHAT is in my burger???" People didn't suddenly hate pink slime because THE MEDIA told them to, they genuinely had no idea.

The term Pink Slime was literally made up by a guy who didn't like the practice and went straight to the media with it. No one cared before when it had a normal name because who cares about including beef trimmings in cheap ground beef.

Yeah, if there's one thing hipsters hate, it's PBR.

duz fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 29, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Lester

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Branco is dense more than truly moronic; that is, I get the feeling he devotes no thought to his cartoons. This is as opposed to Rob Smith, who clearly spends a great deal of mental energy to being the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Lester is fairly petty, true, remember when Lester drew Obama with a rainbow tie for years? But I'm not sure if I'd call Lester as malicious as Branco. Lester does seem able to restrain his hate a bit, or at least make his hate seem goofy at time, like the Chick-Fil-A comic with the gay chickens. It's a stupid and hateful opinion but it's presented in a silly way. Branco doesn't seem like he's capable of doing anything but drawing men with hairy legs in dresses.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You get the feeling that Banco's STD guy's hate filled, petulent expression is what he has on his face 24/7.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Nah, Lester is just a soulless party girl, like McCoy, McKee, or Ramirez. When the right wing talking points start getting too contradictory, they just switch to Democrats/Obama Bad (though bungling metaphors is Ramirez's specialty). Meanwhile, Branco will try and tie those talking points together to form some sort of logic, and since that's impossible, the result is magic. Smith seems too dumb to find his way out of an empty room, but since Branco can do his thing so effortfully every single weekday, I'd give him the crown of Master Dummy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

I think I know what they are

Rob Smith Jr's well-reasoned, mature response to the talking point that people are finally quitting jobs they hate now that they are guaranteed healthcare was "that doesn't make any sense, everyone has an easy cushy job they're overpaid for :confused:"

"I've been decapitated forever because of Obamacare!"

In which it is USPS's fault Rob Smith Jr doesn't know his own zip code

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Lester is fairly petty, true, remember when Lester drew Obama with a rainbow tie for years? But I'm not sure if I'd call Lester as malicious as Branco. Lester does seem able to restrain his hate a bit, or at least make his hate seem goofy at time, like the Chick-Fil-A comic with the gay chickens. It's a stupid and hateful opinion but it's presented in a silly way. Branco doesn't seem like he's capable of doing anything but drawing men with hairy legs in dresses.

Most conservative cartoonists are the right-wing uncle you have to roll your eyes at when he's had one too many glasses of wine at Thanksgiving and secretly make fun of to your cousins; Branco is the one who hasn't been invited to Thanksgiving since he made someone's wife cry at the table ten years ago.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

While we're reminiscing about incredibly dumb cartoons, let's enjoy this blast from the past:

well you see it's terrible and puts people at risk for STDs when a woman has a sex with a lot of strange men while using birth control but it's fine when I have sex with strange women without using birth control because

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trump's been president for 68 days. Just put on the cheerleader outfit already, Branco.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's administration of mismatched gears grinding into the dirt is beyond repair, so you might as well toss the tools.

Why throw a wrench into something that will break itself apart?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

cheetah7071 posted:

While we're reminiscing about incredibly dumb cartoons, let's enjoy this blast from the past:

The government is to blame for my herpes
Her free birth control led to her being promiscuous, unlike me, who suffers

Probably the first time I've seen PBS and children's education being portrayed as wealthy, lavish fatcats.

Do you think he's even remotely aware of the hypocrisy here?
Accusing the other side of not bothering to understand you while painting them all as the most ridiculous and lovely stock stereotype you've got?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

loquacius posted:

Most conservative cartoonists are the right-wing uncle you have to roll your eyes at when he's had one too many glasses of wine at Thanksgiving and secretly make fun of to your cousins; Branco is the one who hasn't been invited to Thanksgiving since he made someone's wife cry at the table ten years ago.
Rob Smith is your kid whose drawing you stick on a less-seen corner of the fridge while saying "What a good job, Bobby!"

Those gears literally can't turn. :psyduck:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Both are stupid motherfuckers, but I challenge you to name any thread regular who is as reliably petty and malicious as Branco.
Rall and Tinsley def come to mind when "petty and malicious" is heard.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lord Hydronium posted:

Those gears literally can't turn. :psyduck:

AGC

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You all seemed shocked that McCoy, who has never put any work into anything in his life, doesn't understand how gears work.

And seems to think Worm Gears can just be paired with regular tooth gears. I even if that could run, that thing would be crushed bald after maybe 3 rotations.

Sandpuppy posted:

Couch Guevara Pt.II
Whereas if Tall were involved in the French resistance, he would have called Churchill the real Hitler until the Axis has no choice but to surrender.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 29, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unsurprising that Todd can be counted among the ranks of playtime leftist hawt-takers who completely misconstrued that Pelosi quote about cooperation.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vib Rib posted:

Do you think he's even remotely aware of the hypocrisy here?
Accusing the other side of not bothering to understand you while painting them all as the most ridiculous and lovely stock stereotype you've got?

Thompson and the Detroit Free Press are liberal.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Xander77 posted:

Rall and Tinsley def come to mind when "petty and malicious" is heard.

I'm not claiming Branco has a monopoly on petty maliciousness, but even those two don't come close to being as single-mindedly dedicated to it as he.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm not claiming Branco has a monopoly on petty maliciousness, but even those two don't come close to being as single-mindedly dedicated to it as he.
Nah.

DUI judge?

Hurricane teacher?

Charlie Hebdo "we'd have to hire cartoonists first"?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

What, no hammer and sickle?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fates End posted:

well you see it's terrible and puts people at risk for STDs when a woman has a sex with a lot of strange men while using birth control but it's fine when I have sex with strange women without using birth control because
Also WOMEN can get access to the website but MEN can't because

duz posted:

The term Pink Slime was literally made up by a guy who didn't like the practice and went straight to the media with it. No one cared before when it had a normal name because who cares about including beef trimmings in cheap ground beef.
Not as far as I can see. As far as I can see he used it in an internal memo 5 years before the first media reports started and, as far as I actually remember, it was more the "ammonia" part that got people upset than the "beef trimmings" part.

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's administration of mismatched gears grinding into the dirt is beyond repair, so you might as well toss the tools.

Regardless of the actual mechanics of the machine there is no indication whatsoever that it's a GOOD machine, just that it's a machine. For all we know just out of frame babies are being fed into it.

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 29, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

From the Netherlands

From Slovakia

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...what?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

-Mocked Pat Tillman as a mentally handicapped blood-thirsty monster and then glorified himself as 'Starting a conversation' after it came out he was full of poo poo.

Ted Rall clearly deserved all the credit for the friendly fire incident coming to light, not to mention that yummy book money (from someone else's book)

Great Job Todd! posted:

[Jon Krakauer] wouldn’t even have book [sic] to write if it weren’t for me. My cartoon was the first shot across the bow that this story stank, although no one knew exactly how much. It prompted a national debate about Tillman and his motivations that ultimately got some of his comrades to confess that the Army had covered up the circumstances of his death.

Krakauer can keep his apology. But my agent wants our 15% royalties.

Sandpuppy posted:

Couch Guevara Pt.II

What an absolute piss bucket

I like it.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
But seriously it's a bunch of miserable sneers crucifying a happy smile, gee I wonder what deep and inscrutable point it's trying to make??

e: (runs post through Goon Translator) Is being too willfully dense to recognize a crab mentality really the hill you've chosen to die on? smh, beep boop

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 29, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

That's amazing. How do you gently caress up your point THIS badly?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

But seriously it's a bunch of miserable sneers crucifying a happy smile, gee I wonder what deep and inscrutable point it's trying to make??

e: (runs post through Goon Translator) Is being too willfully dense to recognize a crab mentality really the hill you've chosen to die on? smh, beep boop

I'll trust a mouth on interpreting this one, but to me it looks like the smile is only happy because it's pinned in place. It's hard to frown with your mouth sides pinned up and your bottom lip pulled down. More, without a close look, it's hard to tell those sneers are standing.

So my first interpretation is people are being punished, but a few are held up to show that "no, see? They like it!"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It takes a lot of balls to say whine about democratic obstructionism when that's literally all your party did for eight straight years.

Always projection with these fucks

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'll trust a mouth on interpreting this one, but to me it looks like the smile is only happy because it's pinned in place. It's hard to frown with your mouth sides pinned up and your bottom lip pulled down. More, without a close look, it's hard to tell those sneers are standing.

So my first interpretation is people are being punished, but a few are held up to show that "no, see? They like it!"

The crucified smile has perfect, even teeth, while those below are imperfect.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
*peers at crucifix through loupe* hmm, looks like this "Inri" guy just really liked being nailed to wood??

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Whatever it is, it ain't a politoon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
How do you gently caress up drawing the same gun three times in a different way each time

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

So the big "TRUMP AGENDA" gear is in contact with three other gears, that are also in contact with themselves. Knowing that two gears in contact cannot rotate in the same direction (if one turns clockwise, the other will turn counter-clockwise), and there are only two possible rotation senses for them, what happens when three or more gears are in a three-way simultaneous contact is that everything gets blocked to death.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Somfin posted:

How do you gently caress up drawing the same gun three times in a different way each time

Rall's not really an art guy. He's more about the big ideas.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Whatever it is, it ain't a politoon.

If you're really charitable it could be considered social commentary, but yeah it looks mostly like "A Religion Happened"

Somfin posted:

He is a "punk" "underground" artist with "countercultural" bona fides, in that he cannot draw even a little bit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What cardinal direction is the crucified smile pointing?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm near 100% certain that when that Branco STD cartoon got posted here for the first time someone who used to date Branco in college or something came in and confirmed he was a gigantic misogynistic piece of poo poo and that's why she dumped him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

If you're really charitable it could be considered social commentary, but yeah it looks mostly like "A Religion Happened"

FWIW, the artist is Turkish and the cartoon is titled "Sometimes laughter is punished".

• Locked thread