Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this thread got real fuckin meta all of a sudden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I think the real question is, why are the cult members from the bad thread trying so hard to get the death thread gassed now, of all times?

Chemtrails probablys

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

I think the real question is, why are the cult members from the bad thread trying so hard to get the death thread gassed now, of all times?

the age of boomboomboom

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hamshot posted:

Death throes of a dying thread. Dane cook blowjoberer posting direct copies of other SA posts into this thread instead of mocking them openly in the thread they came from because it isn't the cuddly hate box echo chamber he feels comfortable in. Crack bone posting sup-par artificial memes in the hopes one will take off but instead gets ignored, resulting in him trying even harder like a toddler in a tantrum responding to being ignored by increasing volume.

RIP Death thread. The forums were at the same time too abrasive and too sensitive for you.
drat, Hamshot. There are many good points here and I am not really in disagreement.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Seriously, this thread. :cripes:

We have an extremely small amount of information released, hardly anything to even start speculating about. The released things are rule concepts, nothing is put in stone yet by GW. If that makes you put your hobby on pause, then do that...though personally I don't really see the point of coming here to brag about something like that.

You may be confused friend, I think GW and 40k is a loving garbage fit of hot fecees but lol if this is the turning point for you or something or that people are jumping on to violently defend it literally nothing. When the 40k balls start touching then maybe its time for some shitposting idk.

Chill la Chill posted:

This thread's been dying ever since boom^3 was banned. He was part of the heart and soul of these threads, along with moola and LP.

It'd be like removing your anime paintjobs from the X-wing thread, its not something people may like but its a vital part of the release lull chat.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This is exactly like the death thread during end times haha

Jesus there have been some truly embarrassing giant posts on the last few pages about people's attachment to their plastic men and the company that's been ripping them off for decades.

Otoh the 40k fans who say AoSing 40k won't destroy it are right, there's gonna be a number of people posting ATM whose armies will be insultingly shitcanned like all the fantasy ones and they'll do what the ham fans did I.e. look at the thousands of quid invested in "the hobby" they have and decide hmm maybe I'll just buy those Stormfire Ultrafighters and the new Guilliman faction box, he looks pretty strong at least!

Tbf the only people coming in here to brag seem to be like a dozen or so super fans who all turned up at once to write thousand word essays comparing Warhammer to poetry.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 30, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I don't play 40k because people get mad at me when I put down non-GW models so I say whatever and go and play a dozen other games with those same figures and no one cares. 40k fans are weird.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It'd be cool if all the new blood could stay in the thread though it hasn't moved this fast in ages.

Also I've got a feeling you'll need the death thread in a few more months :)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

You may be confused friend, I think GW and 40k is a loving garbage fit of hot fecees but lol if this is the turning point for you or something or that people are jumping on to violently defend it literally nothing. When the 40k balls start touching then maybe its time for some shitposting idk.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ijyt posted:

Praise Russ! Maybe I'm NOT the oldest guy on this board!

And amen to you. If ever we meet IRL, I owe you an amasec.

Dude, you're about the average age for this dead gay forum. Most of the posters were in their early 20's back when it was big in the early 00's.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Liquid Communism posted:

Dude, you're about the average age for this dead gay forum. Most of the posters were in their early 20's back when it was big in the early 00's.

Even The Snoo, who was SA's token idiot emo teenager, is like 23 now or something.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I'm reasonably young and just beginning to have lots of disposable income so I'm the target demo and even I know 40k isn't worth getting into anymore.

Prices aside, formations, flyers and super heavies don't look like anything I can be bothered to deal with. Although I suppose funilly enough buying 3 of those big knight robits is probably the cheapest way to build an army.
Also you can't guarantee anything other than the newest stuff won't get shitcanned when all the tyranids and necrons die offscreen or whatever.

New thread title is great.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Late to the party!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY

Also, as this is the thread that hates, i'd be remiss if i didn't mention that you can now get cheaper metal mans from Mierce.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Quick summary of the last ten pages or so:

SOURCE
YOUR
QUOTES

(And stop falling for it, the rest of you)

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
I don't like it when mummy and daddy shout at each other

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i'm gay

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

i'm gay

:same:

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So there's a new Humble Bundle of Horus Heresy books: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/horus-heresy-warhammer-book-bundle

This must be the first time GW have ever discounted their products to such an extent., right? or is Black Library handled seperately?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Moola posted:

i'm gay

I hear gay skeletons get all the boning.

Confirm/Deny?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
please don't make fun of my culture

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm imagining a stern skelly dad getting real upset when his skelly son comes out and says he only fucks skellingtons with narrow pelvic openings, not wide ones

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Moola posted:

i'm gay

I miss the word filter

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bistromatic posted:

I miss the word filter

same

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

all effortposts should be probatable.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Saint Drogo posted:

It is really weird to want a moratorium on long, thought out posts. We can all get really passionate about Games Workshop (both for and against, granted) so sometimes we can't help but let our passion for the Hobby free.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Saint Drogo posted:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It is really weird to want a moratorium on long, thought out posts. We can all get really passionate about Games Workshop (both for and against, granted) so sometimes we can't help but let our passion for the Hobby free.
effortposts are masturbation. I guess that's kinda passionate?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Talk about death throes of dying thread. The last few pages are laughable; not a single serious counterpoint.

Some people literally can't handle when a company (that they've for some reason personally invested in its failure) is doing really well.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Saint Drogo posted:

all posts should be probatable.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gas all threads

probate all posters

hail satan

hail GW

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Atlas Hugged posted:

I don't play 40k because people get mad at me when I put down non-GW models so I say whatever and go and play a dozen other games with those same figures and no one cares. 40k fans are weird.

In fairness I've never noticed this but maybe it's less of a thing if you play in a non-ham store.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Saint Drogo posted:

all effortposts should be probatbanable.

ftfy

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Hixson posted:

Talk about death throes of dying thread. The last few pages are laughable; not a single serious counterpoint.

Some people literally can't handle when a company (that they've for some reason personally invested in its failure) is doing really well.

Pretty sure you have to say something to be refuted if you want someone to write a counterpoint?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Ideally we should put everyone that posts about GWS/WH/40k/AoS in a separate forum so that they don't pollute the rest of TG any more

make it happen mods

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

gas all threads

probate all posters

hail satan

hail GW

grind all bones

make my bread

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Tekopo posted:

Ideally we should put everyone that posts about GWS/WH/40k/AoS in a separate forum so that they don't pollute the rest of TG any more

make it happen mods

Hey now I know the foodies can be a little much but I don't think Goons With Spoons deserve the Eternity of War treatment.

Definitely gulag the rest of us though.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hixson posted:

Heh, look at these slovenly idiots unable to comprehend my unassailable logic :smug:

*death thread continues to post possums and yell at each other about bones*

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Pretty sure you have to say something to be refuted if you want someone to write a counterpoint?

I'm glad people are starting to acknowledge that GW is once again a good company! Understanding that it can't be refuted is a brave step towards being welcomed back into the hobby.

Keep it up and we'll happily have you back in the good thread. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Heh, look at these slovenly idiots unable to comprehend my unassailable logic :smug:

*death thread continues to post possums and yell at each other about bones*

I have to agree, it's a drat shame so many people here prefer to stick their head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening rather than engage in a meaningful conversation about the strides GW has taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tekopo posted:

make it happen mods

This is a sad post, you understand that those threads are pillars of this subforum? Without them you don't have much of a subforum left. :(

• Locked thread