Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought Thawne's thing was that he really wanted to get back to his future timeline. So much that he would just kill people to get closer to that goal. Now his fantasy is to run things like Elon Musk?

He could have done that... all of that... while he was Harrison Wells... including especially killing Barry.

This isn't the same Thawne.

The original Season 1 Flash Thawne that spent 20 years stuck in the past after killing Barry's mother was the one that was desperate to get back to the future before being vaporized.

This is Flashpoint Thawne that Barry pulled out of the past before he could kill Barry's mother, and just spent a few months in a jail cell before the Flashpoint timeline was deleted and he started running from the Black Flash to try and stay alive. He is a time remnant that's done relatively little killing and hasn't been around too long compared to the one that murdered Barry's mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy Goodbody posted:

They established that people can have different haircuts in this alternate reality. So we've got present day Vixen, past Vixen, and now alter reality Vixen, and none of them have had short hair. DCCW is bullshit.
Especially dumb since animated Vixen has short hair, but I guess the actress playing her didn't want to chop her locks for an Arrow guest role.

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012
Thawne! That bastard! Trading the lives of six whole heroes, and for what? For the lives of millions of poor people around the world dying of diseases like cholera and dysentery and others due to unclean water? Or for the future of our planet which can suddenly and dramatically cut down on its usage of fossil fuels because we have cheap energy forever?

No! This reality is wrong! And it is Nate's job to ensure that those millions of people that the TV audience of this show doesn't give a poo poo about are once again dead so that a couple of characters that some members of that audiences have fan crushes on stay alive.

Legends! Make this world a pile of poo poo again!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

teamcharlie posted:

Thawne! That bastard! Trading the lives of six whole heroes, and for what? For the lives of millions of poor people around the world dying of diseases like cholera and dysentery and others due to unclean water? Or for the future of our planet which can suddenly and dramatically cut down on its usage of fossil fuels because we have cheap energy forever?

No! This reality is wrong! And it is Nate's job to ensure that those millions of people that the TV audience of this show doesn't give a poo poo about are once again dead so that a couple of characters that some members of that audiences have fan crushes on stay alive.

Yeah, but Donald Trump is the President in Doomworld. That poo poo needs to be unwritten ASAP :colbert:

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012

teamcharlie posted:

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, but Donald Trump is the President in Doomworld. That poo poo needs to be unwritten ASAP :colbert:

Since when did a speedster need magical reality-rewriting artifacts to...*ahem*...impeach Trump?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We're calling this Reverse Flashpoint, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darhk's mask case doesn't make sense.

If Merlyn's wife never died, that means the Undertaking never happened, right? So Oliver's boat never blew up, so he never became the Green Arrow. So no Black Canary. Diggle never would've become Spartan, either.

Felicity being a hero without Oliver actually makes some amount of sense, she had already done that cyber vigilante thing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Merlyn's wife never died, that means the Undertaking never happened, right? So Oliver's boat never blew up, so he never became the Green Arrow. So no Black Canary. Diggle never would've become Spartan, either.

Felicity being a hero without Oliver actually makes some amount of sense, she had already done that cyber vigilante thing.

It's a completely made up timeline, it doesn't have to follow cause effect rules.

"I want a timeline where all the superheroes exist and I'm able to vanquish them."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Space Crabs posted:

This isn't the same Thawne.

The original Season 1 Flash Thawne that spent 20 years stuck in the past after killing Barry's mother was the one that was desperate to get back to the future before being vaporized.

This is Flashpoint Thawne that Barry pulled out of the past before he could kill Barry's mother, and just spent a few months in a jail cell before the Flashpoint timeline was deleted and he started running from the Black Flash to try and stay alive. He is a time remnant that's done relatively little killing and hasn't been around too long compared to the one that murdered Barry's mother.

Then how does he remember working with Caitlin and Cisco

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bull3964 posted:

It's a completely made up timeline, it doesn't have to follow cause effect rules.

"I want a timeline where all the superheroes exist and I'm able to vanquish them."

Hank Heywood noticed as much. Presumably, the Spear altered reality such that all of the things they wanted either suddenly happened, creating full breaks between the period when they left to when they reemerged or such that preceeding events were altered to some natural or unnatural degree such that they would lead up to that point happening.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Then how does he remember working with Caitlin and Cisco

I'm getting confused by the huge clusterfuck of time travel on this show

I don't even think this covers all of it, since Barry making little changes and 24 hour loops creates a new timeline each time

I thought Barry reset Flashpoint by stopping himself from stopping Thawne, creating a time remnant. I forgot he asked his prisoner Thawne to go back in time and kill Nora because Flashpoint was hosed. Which would have stuck him in the past. So he did spend 20 years as Wells in this newest, different timeline.

It's just the timeline is different because he was a prisoner for a few months before the Flash let him kill Nora, so he would have been Wells but now outran his own death instead of being vaporized by Eddie. All of this happens off screen though since all you see of the new main timeline is Barry Kramering into present day to notice the changes, more than a year after whatever happened with Eddie and Thawne happened.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 30, 2017

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Guy Goodbody posted:

I want to know how he killed Master Chief.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Here I found a better image for you to make sense out of all of this:

Also, why are you posting this in the Legend's thread and not The Clusterfuck--I mean--The Flash thread?

pee out my butt posted:

I want to know how he killed Master Chief.

Guess you don't watch Arrow (you should it's better now), but that's Vigilante's mask.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 30, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Longbaugh01 posted:

Also, why are you posting this in the Legend's thread and not The Clusterfuck--I mean--The Flash thread?

Because Thawne is in both shows and we are discussing things he has talked about in this one?

quote:

Guess you don't watch Arrow (you should it's better now), but that's Vigilante's mask.

Also, why are you posting this in the Legends thread and not in the Arrow thread :smug:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Space Crabs posted:

Because Thawne is in both shows and we are discussing things he has talked about in this one?

Also, why are you posting this in the Legends thread and not in the Arrow thread :smug:

You're being deliberately obtuse with that second part.

Your post was 99% about Flash timeline stuff, and the 1% is one line Thawne said in this show. So, if it were someone else, maybe they would have posted it in the other thread to get more of an answer.

Either way, that way lies madness when trying to make any sense of Flash timeline poo poo. Again, speedforce.gif.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Longbaugh01 posted:

You're being deliberately obtuse with that second part.

Your post was 99% about Flash timeline stuff, and the 1% is one line Thawne said in this show. So, if it were someone else, maybe they would have posted it in the other thread to get more of an answer.

Either way, that way lies madness when trying to make any sense of Flash timeline poo poo. Again, speedforce.gif.

have you updated the rest of TVIV with what ratio percentages you consider acceptable for discussion for related media? It'd probably be easier to stick to the rules if everyone knew them.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Space Crabs posted:

have you updated the rest of TVIV with what ratio percentages you consider acceptable for discussion for related media? It'd probably be easier to stick to the rules if everyone knew them.

I'm going to update you that your ratio percentage of defensiveness is 100%. My intent with what I've said was for your benefit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

teamcharlie posted:

theyreidiots.gif

nine-gear crow posted:

You know how when Barry fixed Flashpoint, some things remained irreparably broken? Well...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just caught up, and the way Amaya got offed, even temporarily, was not chill at all! and I can't wait to see how they'll cap this off next week

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I just caught up, and the way Amaya got offed, even temporarily, was not chill at all!

I know right, that was just cold

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I was so stunned, my eyes were frozen to the screen.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Stay cool, bird boy.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It shattered me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

No need to go to pieces over the show.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
C'mon guys, cool it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Cold pun.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I dunno about everyone else, but I'm all burned out on all these cold puns.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:iceburn:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Captain Cold murdered Vixen by shooting her with his cold gun

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'll leap into a throttling woodchipper if the Hawk couple somehow find their way into the season finale.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

And that's terrible.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I was shocked Cold actually froze someone. Is that the first time in LoT? I know he froze his hand once... but I assumed his cold gun just fired out compressed air because it seemed very ineffective.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was shocked Cold actually froze someone. Is that the first time in LoT? I know he froze his hand once... but I assumed his cold gun just fired out compressed air because it seemed very ineffective.

I think it first happened on The Flash.

But yeah, it's kind of a running outside joke that the cold gun never freezes anyone, and the heat gun never burns anyone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a terrible pun

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Andrew_1985 posted:

He froze Mick back in season 1.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chokes McGee posted:

This is a terrible pun

Yeah, but still I think you should let it go

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

He shot Barry with it a couple of times. Also he ruined Cisco's brothers hands with it, right?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Yeah, but still I think you should let it go

:cripes:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Friendly reminder: season finale airs tonight at 8pm EST, since Flash is on break. iZombie's season premiere is at 9pm and you should also watch that show because it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

lotus circle posted:

Friendly reminder: season finale airs tonight at 8pm EST, since Flash is on break. iZombie's season premiere is at 9pm and you should also watch that show because it's really good.

Seconded. I wasn't sure which show was gonna steal Flash's timeslot tonight for one week only. Thanks for letting me know.

• Locked thread