Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
What about a campaign to blow up the PL Keepstars? That must be a worthy goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

they would just spool up the totally nonexistent MBC

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Solus posted:

I just re-started playing and I'm slowly collectng all my poo poo (and selling off some stuff I can't get out of some places.)

I miss my topgoon friends :(

but I did find 30 already fit suicide catalysts in Minmatar space. So, silver linings.

You only recently got purged from MiniLuv. Post a kill in the recruitment thread and pm me on jabber and I'll push butan. But beware, ustz isn't the most active with me on burnout month.

But I did keep jabber in view while playing other games tonight :unsmith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Dumplings posted:

oh jeez is this their new vr thing

That's just CCP Pointybits loving around with new ship designs and stuff.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no those are eve online: noted space-themed spreadsheet graphics, on the test server

So 1v1 at the sun will look pretty now?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

But I did keep jabber in view while playing other games tonight :unsmith:

which other games

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Ynglaur posted:

So 1v1 at the sun will look pretty now?

The pictures don't do it justice. In motion, the stars look incredible, and the entire lighting of the grid is changed to complement the star's colour. Even cooler, getting close to the surface lets you hear the sound of solar flares and filaments bursting from the star. I could stare at the 1DQ sun for hours.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

New Star Fox looking real good

The way that every spaceship redesign is becoming more and more "totally generic cool sleek spaceship" is my least favorite trend.

Sure some of the ones they're re-doing were terrible, but one thing I always liked about eve was that they avoided the generic spaceship looks, and was allowed to be ugly. Instead there was caldari brutalist architecture with rocket engines, or minmatar flying girders. Stuff was asymmetrical or vertical or just weird.

also "concord aerospace" is loving dumb. sounds like something from star citizen.

Robo Reagan posted:

I need SoE at 5. Should I do the arc or is it quicker to grind L1's?

Neither. The arc isn't enough on it's own, you should only do it to get faction rep with one of the 4 empires. And grinding level 1 missions will take an eternity.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

nex posted:

No that mark atreides guy left, Kendarr and his crew is in charge and does a great job imo. SV is awesome if you like medium sized fleets without the worst mouth breathers from mainfleeet, and we have some cool squad doctrines.

Dunno about TG, but zungen is running blackops and that is also fun as heck. that dude is a boss!

The sooner TG died the better it was gonna be for everybody involved; glad that finally came to pass. Also glad SV is still alive and kicking. :)

Is zungen the virulent racist or am I thinking of some other Theta

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

scandoslav posted:

The sooner TG died the better it was gonna be for everybody involved; glad that finally came to pass. Also glad SV is still alive and kicking. :)

Is zungen the virulent racist or am I thinking of some other Theta

thats tib, who i believe preceded zungen in black ops

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also TheAdj

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

you should totally get people to do this it would hurt us really badly and we'd hate the resulting fights :ohdear:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy yes in every way!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Endie posted:

you should totally get people to do this it would hurt us really badly and we'd hate the resulting fights :ohdear:

No doubt because that would take time away from Rorqual mining.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

No doubt because that would take time away from Rorqual mining.

Yes that's another excellent reason.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

VideoGames posted:

Holy yes in every way!

Well now need a goon-led petition to get minable asteroids near stars.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Well now need a goon-led petition to get minable asteroids near stars.

brb gonna run a query to see if there are any R64s near a sun

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
How do the new suns look in EVE's prime gaming mode, i.e. potato mode? :v:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Fanfest is next week and I'm pretty excited. Had a blast in Vegas.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Loky11 posted:

Fanfest is next week and I'm pretty excited. Had a blast in Vegas.

I'm a filthy poor this year, and also not single so Iceland isn't in the cards for me.

Next year I won't be a filthy poor and could be single, in which case I will go back and try to live up to the first trip.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Why do you have to be single to go to Iceland? :psyduck:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Because of all the hot icelandic women folk who are desperate for the pasty body of a foreigner who is pretty much guaranteed to not be their cousin.

Duh.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Well, I do remember boat cockblocking himself like a pro at fanfest in 2013 :laffo:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

smertrioslol posted:

I'm a filthy poor this year, and also not single so Iceland isn't in the cards for me.

Next year I won't be a filthy poor and could be single, in which case I will go back and try to live up to the first trip.

I think all in all, flight, apt (shared with other nerds), and stuff set me back like $2k.

Also, girls are haram, friend.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Loky11 posted:

I think all in all, flight, apt (shared with other nerds), and stuff set me back like $2k.

Also, girls are haram, friend.

Fanfest ticket + flight + airbnb set me back about $1k, flying in from Norway on Thursday and leaving on Sunday afternoon.

Not the fanciest lodgings, but they're close to everything and I don't need much traveling solo anyways.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

How wierd does Icelandic sound to a Norwegian?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Man, CCP must be in a really good spot. When exactly did they start sending email reminders for a 3-day "15% off PLEX" sale? Before I know it, they will tell me about "exlusive 7.2% off select skins (selected skins: none)".

Rust Martialis posted:

How wierd does English sound to an American?

ftfy

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

The spam has gone up lately and the whole "plex vault" thing is irritating.

I guess I'm just grumpy. Grr ccp.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

How wierd does Icelandic sound to a Norwegian?

If they talk slowly, I can understand a fair bit. Depends on exposure as well, as in how much icelandic I've heard over how long time etc.
My last "real" exposure to the language was in 2014 and I could pick up quite a bit then, but that was the year I went back to Iceland the weekend after fanfest too, so :v:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Hollow Talk posted:

How do the new suns look in EVE's prime gaming mode, i.e. potato mode? :v:

:geno:

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Wibla posted:

If they talk slowly, I can understand a fair bit. Depends on exposure as well, as in how much icelandic I've heard over how long time etc.
My last "real" exposure to the language was in 2014 and I could pick up quite a bit then, but that was the year I went back to Iceland the weekend after fanfest too, so :v:

U-umlaut/i-umlaut, medial & dual are all fine and should exist in more languages. :(

:v:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

scandoslav posted:

sigma squad is recruiting, current offerings are mining and good stories about weed & cars on jabber

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

No-render mode when?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

eve the roguelike, coming 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is it possible to replace in game art with other assets? I'd like to replace the stupid stars with their lens flare with happy sun

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

FOund where you hosed up :kiddo:

I don't think anybody is going to argue against that. I'd point out however that this "gently caress mainfleet" mentality amongst bitter vets is somewhat problematic.

If too many people don't bother with mainfleet, we'll keep getting blobbed and have our rear end kicked.

I think its important to have a good ratio of vets to balance out all the pubbies, j4g and other shitheels like me.

Pookie Bear made a post about how disgusted he was with mainfleet sometime in january and it garnered a lot of positive feedback (shocking). If you have not already, i would suggest you take a quick look.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/210852-update-status-xel-quit-johnny-rah-banned-and-mainfleet-is-woke/page-1

He also took the time to make a thread in the war room on how to bring our A-game. If only more people took the time to read these 2 posts/threads and take them a bit more seriously, players like you who lost interest in main fleet, might be tempted to join them again.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
did paco die?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Holyshoot posted:

did paco die?

Not as far as I am aware. I think he just got fed up with the vitriol he received regardless of what he posted and no longer reads this thread.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

Not as far as I am aware. I think he just got fed up with the vitriol he received regardless of what he posted and no longer reads this thread.

It's not what you post, it's how you post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
hey dalael why don't people want to go on mainfleets

• Locked thread