Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

No, the cat walks away before the cutscene is over and the guy makes a gesture like "no, don't go :saddowns:"

but that's ok because cats are immortal dodge timing gods in revengeance anyway

edit: Oh the guy, I misread that. yeah he is forced to fight you with the rest of them and is chopped up. that is the true sad feeling. That said, you don't have to kill anyone during that segment so hey you can be a pacifist if you want.

edit again: Lol in fact I think you get an automatic s-rank on that segment if you don't kill anyone and don't take damage, so it's beneficial to let the cat man live

Actually that guy dies in a cutscene, there's no way to spare him even if you're using the wooden sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/EpicSpaceMoogle/status/847101088482308097

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Touch my german expressionism Mario. Touch him!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i think i like link's awakening more than a link to the past

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Colonel posted:

That's not uncommon, although I personally think Link To The Past has much better bosses and dungeons.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have words to say about lttp but basically all of them can be boiled down to it being a perfectly fine game that i ultimately didn't care for much at all, but i can appreciate it a lot cause drat it is improving on some rough design

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I finally fixed whatever was causing DS3 to crash to a black screen whenever I tried to exit the game. I loaded up my char and then was wombo comboed to death while trying to remember why run/dodge are on the same button. The definitive souls experience.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Links Awakening is some good poo poo and a real good handheld Zelda. Hope it gets a sequel like LTTP to fix the console constraints (like the only thing approaching an issue).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The lead up to fighting Blind in LttP is great and I wish Blind was playable in Hyrule Warriors because he owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Cowcaster posted:

even if they brought the team over whole hog having to recreate an entire game engine entirely from scratch that took 4-odd years to build the first time around is not something trivial to do

the decima engine is better than the fox engine

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
that isnt me saying the fox engine is bad either, its a real hella good engine. but the decima engine........ is even better!!!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What is up, chat thread? I finally got some sleep after being up for like 30 hours. Got up and made some delicious esquites and was happy, now I'm hearing about more lovely political things and I'm sad.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How is Rain World? Game looks gorgeous, but I heard it has some frustrating / bad mechanics.

The negative criticism are 100% accurate but I'm also liking it for some reason even though my tastes tend to reflect aggregate metacritic scores. Slugcat should be renamed as Sluggish Cat because of how clumsy he controls when he's trying to enter screen transitions and you can totally get screwed by RNG because everytime you die monster spawns are shuffled. That said it was fun sharing discoveries with lets hang out in IRC last night. Early game discussions when stuff hasn't been thorougly datamined and spreadsheeted on gamefaqs is fun at first and it captures that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

I like it a lot. Three zones in, haven't really gotten frustrated with it yet. No shortage of deaths but they're almost always educational in some way. Game doesn't explain itself at all so you either need to pay really close attention or be willing to go looking for tips online

Lakbay posted:

The negative criticism are 100% accurate but I'm also liking it for some reason even though my tastes tend to reflect aggregate metacritic scores. Slugcat should be renamed as Sluggish Cat because of how clumsy he controls when he's trying to enter screen transitions and you can totally get screwed by RNG because everytime you die monster spawns are shuffled. That said it was fun sharing discoveries with lets hang out in IRC last night. Early game discussions when stuff hasn't been thorougly datamined and spreadsheeted on gamefaqs is fun at first and it captures that

:tipshat:

Sounds fun with some flaws. Guess I'll pick it up.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
How good is Stardew Valley? I like Harvest Moon 64

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I get my copy of Persona 5 today and before I saw that was happening I agreed to work a 5 hour shift tonight because I needed the money. That was stupid, as I'm gonna go crazy at work tonight.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

How good is Stardew Valley? I like Harvest Moon 64

Stardew Valley is super good

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Finished Nier: Automata. Conclusion: good game, do buy if you enjoy at least one of 1) platinum games games 2) jrpgs 3) weird games.

I see Rain World finally released, I followed it around the kickstarter and it looked fun, has anyone given it a try?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stardew valley is fun but ugly. and also pretty easy. and the social stuff isn't very deep. but it's fun

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Klaus Kinski posted:

I see Rain World finally released, I followed it around the kickstarter and it looked fun, has anyone given it a try?

Scroll up a few posts and read the last 2 pages

Fun but very flawed at the moment

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm being let go from my job on Friday

Fortunately Persona 5 comes in next week, so I can play through that while I search for another job

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
FC Primal is... good???

Like I can see this being a disappointment at $60 when it came out but for $15 or so in a flash sale from last weekend I'm hells of digging it. It's basically Clan of the Cave Bear: The Game. Whipping a spear into some dude's face is surprisingly satisfying.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

I get my copy of Persona 5 today and before I saw that was happening I agreed to work a 5 hour shift tonight because I needed the money. That was stupid, as I'm gonna go crazy at work tonight.

I'm going on a four-day trip for work on the day I'm getting Persona 5 and I feel very foolish for agreeing to it :negative:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Just came up with an idea for getting through the room in Rain World I quit on last night and now I'm going to go crazy sitting on it through the entire work day

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You'll get to the next area only to get eaten by a colorful hellbeast who was humping the screen transition

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I'm going on a four-day trip for work on the day I'm getting Persona 5 and I feel very foolish for agreeing to it :negative:

At some point in April I am (hopefully) going to finally be getting a new job that will probably involve a lot of travel and severely limit my time for console games. I'm just hoping I have enough time to beat Persona 5 before that starts up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm being let go from my job on Friday

Fortunately Persona 5 comes in next week, so I can play through that while I search for another job

I'm sorry about your job, I hope you're able to find something quickly. Persona 5 is a good way to help with the stress of losing a job.

I'm going to pre-order Persona 5 this weekend on PSN.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Black Stones posted:

I'll take your shift if you give me your crummy old persona 5.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I said come in! posted:

I'm going to pre-order Persona 5 this weekend on PSN.

Someone in the p5 thread said PSN is going to start charging sales tax in some states on the first so maybe you should preorder friday at the latest if that's your payday

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Someone in the p5 thread said PSN is going to start charging sales tax in some states on the first so maybe you should preorder friday at the latest if that's your payday

Thank you for the heads up. I'm good either way since my state already charges sales tax. My pay day is next week but it all goes towards rent since I decided living within a major city was a great idea.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lakbay posted:

God drat, can PSN get any shittier?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
With all this Nier: A talk I feel like I should play my 360 copy of Nier. That would involve digging out my 360 and finding my controller. Is there any difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? Does one perform better than the other? My PS3 is still hooked up and I much prefer that controller. I think I'd be willing to sell my 360 copy and buy it for PS3.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

The Colonel posted:

Old man ulillillia here! Do you like pizza? I've got a 30-inch pie here that's already degreased!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Franchescanado posted:

I'm not sure Sony is to blame for sales tax.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Wildtortilla posted:

With all this Nier: A talk I feel like I should play my 360 copy of Nier. That would involve digging out my 360 and finding my controller. Is there any difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? Does one perform better than the other? My PS3 is still hooked up and I much prefer that controller. I think I'd be willing to sell my 360 copy and buy it for PS3.

I don't think there's a difference unless you're in Japan, in which case Nier is a pretty bishie boy and Yonah is his sister instead of daughter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

I like PSN, it's not region locked and they have lots of sales

PS+ has gotten kind of worthless though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I don't think there's a difference unless you're in Japan, in which case Nier is a pretty bishie boy and Yonah is his sister instead of daughter.

IIRC they released both variants in Japan, in the US you can only be dad Nier.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Franchescanado posted:

Why would sales be taxed per a states laws lmao!!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
poo poo, I'm gonna have to get the copy of Mafia 3 I loaned out back, the new DLC "Faster, Baby!" adds a whole new area and a cool grindhouse type story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I like PSN, it's not region locked and they have lots of sales

PS+ has gotten kind of worthless though

Sorry, I actually meant PS+, not PSN.

My bad