Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

*reads last few pages

Sorry about your thread Baal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Moltrey posted:

Oh for sure, it'd be better if they did away with them completely, but like, I like the idea behind them a lot rather than the actual gameplay purpose they serve.

In sorta the same vein, the courage options early in P4 where it's like Ask Yukiko For Her Number that couldn't be gotten unless you were on New Game+ was super dumb because they did was go like "Oh....yeah sure here ya go"
which i guess is funny because that's usually the response you get when asking new friends their number but for teenagers you really would feel you needed Rank 5 Courage to ask a girl that

IIRC it is literally impossible to get the top exam score for the first round of midterms without doing New Game+ in P5. So there's still some random bullshit like that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Neeksy posted:

IIRC it is literally impossible to get the top exam score for the first round of midterms without doing New Game+ in P5. So there's still some random bullshit like that.

That's in keeping with 3 and 4, though, and in neither case did that matter. It's still kind of dumb gating things into NG+ but as long as you can max all links on NG then meh.

Actually, that's another real question I had: What is gated behind NG+? Optional boss? Anything?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Oh for sure, it'd be better if they did away with them completely, but like, I like the idea behind them a lot rather than the actual gameplay purpose they serve.

In sorta the same vein, the courage options early in P4 where it's like Ask Yukiko For Her Number that couldn't be gotten unless you were on New Game+ was super dumb because they did was go like "Oh....yeah sure here ya go"
which i guess is funny because that's usually the response you get when asking new friends their number but for teenagers you really would feel you needed Rank 5 Courage to ask a girl that

you definitely need rank 5 courage if you're going to willingly involve yourself with the boredom singularity known as amagi yukiko

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

you definitely need rank 5 courage if you're going to willingly involve yourself with the boredom singularity known as amagi yukiko

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I'd take Yukiko on a nice taco date before I spent a second on Meat Girl or Encyclopedia Brown Doogie Howser over there

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

UK folks, I preordered the Take Your Heart edition from Zavvi and it looks like they've taken payment today. Can anyone else confirm?

Moltrey posted:

I'd take Yukiko on a nice taco date before I spent a second on Meat Girl or Encyclopedia Brown Doogie Howser over there

Look at this guy. Look at this guy and laugh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I ended up liking yukiko more than chie by the end, because chie got more uninteresting the farther I got into her social link which was the opposite for most others. She peaked in the first arc.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yukiko is in an unfortunate position of being pretty bad but an understandable kind of bad, and she still manages to be better then almost everyone else.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It's looking like I might have to get P5 in Gamestop. :cripes: It's not on either Smyths or Argos sites. Argos usually don't show things until they're released though.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

irlZaphod posted:

It's looking like I might have to get P5 in Gamestop. :cripes: It's not on either Smyths or Argos sites. Argos usually don't show things until they're released though.

Okay, I'll bite. Why don't you order it on Amazon like a normal human being?

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
So either I wait til tuesday to get it from Amazon, or tomorrow I go on a 2 hours each way train journey to go get it from a shop I know has broken the street date.

Hm.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yukiko likes scary stories and the others do not so she wins by default.

Trick Question posted:

How depressing is this game? Just finished a few good-but-sad games and could use a pick-me-up.

What are you talking about, all those children got to become as gods. What's happier than that?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rookoo posted:

So either I wait til tuesday to get it from Amazon, or tomorrow I go on a 2 hours each way train journey to go get it from a shop I know has broken the street date.

Hm.

Just.. Just wait for it, man.

Its kinda stupid to freak out over a game that is years and one console generation too late

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, I guess a few more days won't kill me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I preordered on PSN and super dissapointed because the avatars you get are just different versions of the protagonist. Was hoping for a Morgana one

Haven't tried the theme yet

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I preordered on PSN and super dissapointed because the avatars you get are just different versions of the protagonist. Was hoping for a Morgana one

The themes ok

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I downloaded the Yusuke theme and now my PS4 is just busy as hell

release the goro theme atlus I'll buy it

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there any reason I can't see the Ps3 version for pre-order on the Playstation Store? Only the PS4 version is showing up if I want to buy it digitally.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SweetBro posted:

Okay, I'll bite. Why don't you order it on Amazon like a normal human being?
Because I wouldn't be able to get on it release date then.

I don't live in a country where you can get Prime shipping or anything like that. They always post stuff here the day it's released, even if you pre-order.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 30, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Doesn't Amazon guarantee release date delivery or is that an EU thing?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Amazon US offers release date delivery sometimes, but not on all items or to all locations, and they can and do still gently caress it up anyway sometimes

After my copy of Bloodborne failed to ship until late on release day I p much decided I wouldn't pre-order games I was really hype to play at launch there anymore

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Guys I just realized

Persona 5 comes out in 5 days

Holy poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Can you get this poo poo on UK/EU PSN yet? I didn't see an option to download it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

Amazon US offers release date delivery sometimes, but not on all items or to all locations, and they can and do still gently caress it up anyway sometimes

After my copy of Bloodborne failed to ship until late on release day I p much decided I wouldn't pre-order games I was really hype to play at launch there anymore

Weird. Prime is pretty much 100% guaranteed, but then again you can cross all of Germany in a car in about 7 hours, from north to south.

But they'll ship mine on the 3rd,and it will arrive on the 4th between 11 and 5pm

Then again, we don't get the 20% prime preorder discount

Apparently the ps3 versions aren't preorderable via PSN

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Weird. Prime is pretty much 100% guaranteed, but then again you can cross all of Germany in a car in about 7 hours, from north to south.

But they'll ship mine on the 3rd,and it will arrive on the 4th between 11 and 5pm

Then again, we don't get the 20% prime preorder discount

Apparently the ps3 versions aren't preorderable via PSN

I'd say they're around 10% for me in the American Midwest. So 9 out of 10 release day games I get come at minimum a day late.

I think part of my problem is that they don't let you pick shipping and for my area it always goes USPS which may as well be sent on a hope and a prayer.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Can you get this poo poo on UK/EU PSN yet? I didn't see an option to download it

I'm US so I'm not sure. But to get the theme and avatars I just hit download game on the game page on the browser version of the store

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Guys I just realized

Persona 5 comes out in 5 days

Holy poo poo

I don't believe you

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I'd say they're around 10% for me in the American Midwest. So 9 out of 10 release day games I get come at minimum a day late.

I think part of my problem is that they don't let you pick shipping and for my area it always goes USPS which may as well be sent on a hope and a prayer.

True, we can't pick shipping here as well. You can force them to use DHL, but soon Amazon might open their own Delivery Service due to quality issues with DHL/Deutsche Post, so guaranteed delivery might not happen once that's a thing.

How is Amazons own service in the US?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Terper posted:

I don't believe you

I can't believe that Winter 2014 is nearly here at last.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lakbay posted:

I'm US so I'm not sure. But to get the theme and avatars I just hit download game on the game page on the browser version of the store

Ah, doing this does nothing for me right now so I guess it'll happen when it happens.

The avatar isn't going to be better than the Ape Escape monkey anyway.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

I can't believe that Winter 2014 is nearly here at last.

Finally, Emancipation

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The avatar isn't going to be better than the Ape Escape monkey anyway.

This is the only time I will ever agree with you about anything.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Terper posted:

I don't believe you

Atlus just told me they're delaying the game for another two months so you're right

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arist posted:

This is the only time I will ever agree with you about anything.

I had assumed your avatar meant you were my biggest fan????!?!?!?!?1

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Atlus just told me they're delaying the game for another two months so you're right

good, i'm glad of it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

"Due to a save game corrupting bug having to do with the english voice acting, we need to re-record all of Ann's Dialogue. This will impact the Impending release and we will have to push back the game to a later date. Please tune in for more infos in the upcoming weeks"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How is Amazons own service in the US?

It's varies depending on the seller but Amazon will try their best to get to you if you near their warehouses iirc they offer the same day delivery too. Also I'm not a Prime member and my purchases aren't exactly time-sensitive :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ann is still probably the strongest performance through almost july.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I live in Idaho and Amazon has missed one release date delivery. But, we got like a foot and a half of snow the night before. So I understand.

20 percent discount is worth any inconvenience.