Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Complete DLC schedule out: http://gematsu.com/2017/03/persona-5-dlc-schedule-announced

Raidou set is out in May :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Why are there things out in loving July.

Why is that even a thing.

I mean, it's great that it's free, but July?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If anyone is upset about the ability to screen cap/stream via PS4 UI is blocked (confirmed permanently by Atlus) so that they can't upload HQ screens of the game or whatever, consider installing Remote Play on PC and streaming it to the app in as high quality as possible. That will get you better screen grabs than taking a photo of the screen with your phones. You can also use the remote play app to stream via OBS or other apps.

Naturally, capture card is king but they aint free.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Christmas in July

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I am going to buy $113 worth of costumes for my anime friendos.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If anyone is upset about the ability to screen cap/stream via PS4 UI is blocked (confirmed permanently by Atlus) so that they can't upload HQ screens of the game or whatever, consider installing Remote Play on PC and streaming it to the app in as high quality as possible. That will get you better screen grabs than taking a photo of the screen with your phones. You can also use the remote play app to stream via OBS or other apps.

Unfortunately, I could never get Remote PLay to work and I'll have to live with no screenshots ever. Capture cards are pretty expensive unless you're going to have people sponsor your streams...

THANKS ATLUS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant believe theyre selling an early access game until the 25th when they finally add all the core features

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gonna pay $7 for if... DLC cause I'm real as hell

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should probably plug my capture card back in if they're not gonna let me record poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people are metling down for some reason about not letting anyone use PS4 Share, just get an actual capture card. people have been recording poo poo for eons without the EZ Mode button Sony gifted to you. I read the NeoGAF thread about this for a laugh and naturally Atlus is now the Worst Company In Existence

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MinibarMatchman posted:

people are metling down for some reason about not letting anyone use PS4 Share, just get an actual capture card.

this is what i did, this one owns bones: https://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-Extreme-Streaming-Recorder-GC550/dp/B00Y3U01RU

stupid name tho

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oh poo poo that is a nice one, I'll have to remember this for the future, thank you friend

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

I read the NeoGAF thread about this for a laugh and naturally Atlus is now the Worst Company In Existence
Just looked it up for a nice afternoon treat and some spoiler culture is already in swing on page one. Glorious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the no ps4 share thing is dumb but like every other major release does it these days

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just looked it up for a nice afternoon treat and some spoiler culture is already in swing on page one. Glorious.

"This should impact the review score" is probably my favorite quote so far

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

True, we can't pick shipping here as well. You can force them to use DHL, but soon Amazon might open their own Delivery Service due to quality issues with DHL/Deutsche Post, so guaranteed delivery might not happen once that's a thing.

How is Amazons own service in the US?

The two times that I had them they delivered to my opposite building and apartment number. They are the only delivery service that has done this in my nine years of using Amazon. Gonna be real sad if they're gonna be handling P5 and gently caress up a third time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Why do so many companies block PS4 share anyways? It seems so pointless.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because gently caress free advertising via YouTube and getting people interested in your game with memey stuff like "I've come up with a new recipeeeeeh" in FFXV.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 30, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Why do so many companies block PS4 share anyways? It seems so pointless.

because oh no, spoilers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For a lot of Japanese games it tends to involve music and rights over the digital streaming of music.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Because gently caress free advertising via YouTube and getting people interested in your game with memey stuff like "I've come up with a new recipeeeeeh" in FFXV.

But all the youtubers have capture cards?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm sure the epic story of Persona 5 is worthy of no spoils

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Because gently caress free advertising via YouTube and getting people interested in your game with memey stuff like "I've found a new recipeeeeeh" in FFXV.

you can just use a capture card though. last I checked nintendo doesn't have a share button + takes some revenue off your videos and this didn't hurt Zelda.

I give it legit a week before videos of P5 are on youtube anyway. Guarantee there will also be thousands of streams for this anyway, I don't think many serious streamers actually rely on PS4 Share over dedicated cards do they?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Future Tone muted absolutely everyting when you streamed it.

So I told my friend to just put his mic next to the speakers, so while tinny, it technically got around it. :v:

MinibarMatchman posted:

you can just use a capture card though. last I checked nintendo doesn't have a share button + takes some revenue off your videos and this didn't hurt Zelda.

I give it legit a week before videos of P5 are on youtube anyway. Guarantee there will also be thousands of streams for this anyway, I don't think many serious streamers actually rely on PS4 Share over dedicated cards do they?

And of course there will. I saw someone streaming it on YT earlier on my recommendations. If you want to spoil the game, you've been able to since September. ImpAtom's probably right in that there's actually really some rights issues in play here and the spoiler thing is a nice, more simply digestible story.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 30, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

But all the youtubers have capture cards?

And it's just plain better quality, which is needed if you actually want to start streaming beyond a hobby. "BUT THE PS4 FREEBIES" is just a lame, desperate grasp to blame.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know what I just realized the Confidant bonus system reminds me of? Suikoden, strangely enough. Am I the only person who thought that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remember how Type-0 HD blocked streaming of the opening song, which made sense. But they also blocked whenever any of the characters sang it. Including parts that were just the lyrics, text-only.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Persona of all games seems like the one this year you would least give a poo poo about capturing anyways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arist posted:

I remember how Type-0 HD blocked streaming of the opening song, which made sense. But they also blocked whenever any of the characters sang it. Including parts that were just the lyrics, text-only.

Lyrics are often copyrighted, so that makes sense. Especially if that Bump of Chicken band who did stuff for it are involved.

Incidentally, I think the first end credits of FFXV are blocked because Stand By Me by Florence + The Machine plays, but I seem to recall when a clip of it plays at the start of the game that it's not?

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 30, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I get that people are overreacting to the no PS4 share thing but saying "lol just use a capture card" is kind of a weird response

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I totally get why they blocked it, it was just hilarious seeing someone recite their weird poetry and have the SHARING BLOCKED thing pop up

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh no, I posted forward in time

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

I get that people are overreacting to the no PS4 share thing but saying "lol just use a capture card" is kind of a weird response

Let's be honest.. If you've any business recording the scenes for anything, you probably already own a capture card for years. I've not seen anyone really using the ps4 record function other than for MP Replays for their AMVs

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Let's be honest.. If you've any business recording the scenes for anything, you probably already own a capture card for years. I've not seen anyone really using the ps4 record function other than for MP Replays for their AMVs

Nah, I've seen it used a ton for sharing short clips of funny/interesting stuff in games. Mostly on twitter though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you're going to be doing it as an enthusiast hobby, sure, but it doesn't mean that there's not a mutual benefit in it for both Atlus and the player if Morgana says something funny/cute so they can say "hahaha my smol son XDDDD #ilovehim" on tumblr or whatever

I'm not really interesting in streaming or whatever and don't have the connection for it, but, real example, if I want to show someone how to do the race thing in Nier Automata, it's neat to be able to double tap share, show a good route and how to do it, slap it up on twitter and share a link to them when it's uploaded.
It's not professional standard, but it has some good casual user level uses.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 30, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Nah, I've seen it used a ton for sharing short clips of funny/interesting stuff in games. Mostly on twitter though

Fair enough, I'm not into social media at all and didn't consider the twitter integration. What I find stupid is that developers can block this, but you can still easily shareplay the whole game with your buds in 1 hour segments

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

"hahaha my smol son XDDDD #ilovehim"

same but with goro

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's a big concern in Japan especially of people streaming games just to listen to the music. They take their music copyright super seriously over there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
IIRC the composer of a lot of the major dragon quest songs is on the council of the jappanese RMAA which is why music is a goddamn nightmare to get overseas in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I need to share MY version of the final Sun Slink even though it's a visual novel that is 100% word for word the same as literally every other version on the internet.