Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Step 1. Fire JBL.
Step 2. Mauro-Renee booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

Daniel Bryan frequently shows up to make them both giggle adorably. :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I'd love to see a legit tough guy like Bas Rutten bully JBL.

I might even take Bas over Brock. Do NOT gently caress with Bas Rutten.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Hopefully they're also training Renee on commentary. Her small stint in NXT wasn't that good.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well they're technically not, so

Wait, Cena isn't married is he? gently caress.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

~for now~

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

WM set related. Spoilered because of high pixel detailed info etc

:stare:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
vince bought a roller coaster and then decided to write it off as a business expense didnt he

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Andre the Giant Royal will be the last one on that coaster

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I'd love to see a legit tough guy like Bas Rutten bully JBL.

Anytime JBL is JBL, I go back to this and it makes me feel better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JOEYxwwbk

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

VJeff posted:

Step 1. Fire JBL.

Also ditch Otunga for Bas on color. Not for actual calling I just want him to yell BANG and randomly tell stories about kicking asses as a bouncer.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

CarlCX posted:

Anytime JBL is JBL, I go back to this and it makes me feel better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JOEYxwwbk

Personally, I prefer this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMpUhEWp7M&t=327s

Ah, the sweet sound of a steel chair caving JBL's skull in.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I read this excerpt about Byron Sexton just now from Wikipedia.

quote:

Early life
Kelly was born in Burke, Virginia. He was raised in Burke and Orlando, Florida. He studied at the University of Florida, where he worked as a producer and a reporter for WRUF-AM, WUFT-FM, and WUFT-TV.[5] He graduated in 2003.[6] Kelly worked as an associate producer for WJXT Channel 4 News in Jacksonville, and was then promoted to work on camera as a traffic reporter. It was revealed in The JBL and Cole Show that he was in the same kindergarten class with Alex Riley.[2][5] Despite now being 35, he still lives at home with his parents.

Which one of you is Byron Saxton?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I now want to see which inflatable wrestlers will appear in the big ring on top of the ring.

Don't tell me it won't happen.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I might even take Bas over Brock. Do NOT gently caress with Bas Rutten.

A 52 year old man with an awful knee and poor ground defense would maybe be murdered by a 60 lb heavier wrestler

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

purkey posted:

A 52 year old man with an awful knee and poor ground defense would maybe be murdered by a 60 lb heavier wrestler

Bas would palm strike him right on the diverticulitis though...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bas Rutten shows us how to defend ourselves in a bar fight again, with a bada bing bada boom bada crush the organs of john layfield

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Looks like they'll have one of the floating titantron things over the ring, cool.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

JBL is the worst commentator and from all the backstage stories you hear also a massive twat so this isn't surprising in the slightest. I sincerely hope Steph has two words for him soon.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

My family and I landed in Orlando around noon yesterday, and the Smackdown charter landed right after us. We got to meet almost the entire SD roster in baggage claim. My son was out of his mind asking for photos and chatting with them. Miz and AJ were fantastic to him, and Heath chatted him up for a few minutes because my son said please when asking for a photo. Only got about 7 photos, but he said hi to all of them.

Pretty much made our entire vacation right there, we're still in shock over it. All of them were approachable and friendly and cool about it. The women are tiny too, that shocked me the most.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

^ please tell me Alexa Bliss rolled her eyes and said "Excuse you. RUDE!" when your son tried to talk to her

Jack Anderson posted:

So weird that Cena and Danielson are technically family.

'my sister-in-laws boyfriend' is not technically family.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

^ please tell me Alexa Bliss rolled her eyes and said "Excuse you. RUDE!" when your son tried to talk to her

No Alexa 😕. I told my son to yell HOW DARE YOU if she was there but no such luck .

But we did see Mickie, Becky, Naomi and Maryse!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa travels in Becky's carry-on. Saves money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

"my-sister-in-law's very long term boyfriend that we also live with sometimes" is actually a great definition of "technically family," as if they were married there wouldn't be any technicalities.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Frankston posted:

JBL is the worst commentator and from all the backstage stories you hear also a massive twat so this isn't surprising in the slightest. I sincerely hope Steph has two words for him soon.

He's tough, independently rich, completely willing to spout the company line, and a great mix of sycophantic and bully as he thinks he thinks is required.

He's got a job for life.

Douchebag posted:

My family and I landed in Orlando around noon yesterday, and the Smackdown charter landed right after us. We got to meet almost the entire SD roster in baggage claim. My son was out of his mind asking for photos and chatting with them. Miz and AJ were fantastic to him, and Heath chatted him up for a few minutes because my son said please when asking for a photo. Only got about 7 photos, but he said hi to all of them.

Pretty much made our entire vacation right there, we're still in shock over it. All of them were approachable and friendly and cool about it. The women are tiny too, that shocked me the most.

That sounds awesome, glad to hear it! And yeah, all the women in the WWE are tiny, especially compared to the fact that all the men are giant. Austin Aries probably looks scarily muscular and slightly big compared to an average person and there he's a midget. Who's 1 inch shorter than Charlotte and noticeably bigger and more muscular. Hell, he's 5'9" 202 lbs, Bayley is 5'6" and 119 lbs.

dromal phrenia posted:

Not as weird as John Laurinitis, Father-in-law.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 30, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

"my-sister-in-law's very long term boyfriend that we also live with sometimes" is actually a great definition of "technically family," as if they were married there wouldn't be any technicalities.

that is not what technically means

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
JBL rules

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Golashes posted:

JBL rules

#1: It's not gay if you're doing it to instill fear

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Wazzu posted:

That sounds awesome, glad to hear it! And yeah, all the women in the WWE are tiny, especially compared to the fact that all the men are giant. Austin Aries probably looks scarily muscular and slightly big compared to an average person and there he's a midget. Who's 1 inch shorter than Charlotte and noticeably bigger and more muscular. Hell, he's 5'9" 202 lbs, Bayley is 5'6" and 119 lbs.

Rhyno is my height-ish but he's 4 of me wide. And seeing Rhyno and Rowan laughing about something or someone was mildly disturbing.

Getting to meet Becky and getting a picture of her with my son and I was unbelievably. She's so much prettier in person, even my wife mentioned that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Douchebag posted:

Getting to meet Becky and getting a picture of her with my son and I was unbelievably. She's so much prettier in person, even my wife mentioned that.

Always push people to meet her in person. You don't fully "get it" with her until personally encounter the energy gives off. Made her absence from Pro Wrestling really hard actually. Everyone would tell her she should be in WWE, on TV, famous etc.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Douchebag posted:

Rhyno is my height-ish but he's 4 of me wide. And seeing Rhyno and Rowan laughing about something or someone was mildly disturbing.

Rowan's in town? Wonder if he'll figure into the WWE title match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Rowan's in town? Wonder if he'll figure into the WWE title match.

It's Orlando, of course he'd be in town. Gotta call out Dwayne for a rematch

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Oh I thought we were just regular JBL bashing again. That actually sucks. Go to hell JBL

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I live right next to the Performance Center and have only seen one (1) wrestler and it was Kevin Owens ordering tacos with his son right before getting called up.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rovert posted:

Always push people to meet her in person. You don't fully "get it" with her until personally encounter the energy gives off. Made her absence from Pro Wrestling really hard actually. Everyone would tell her she should be in WWE, on TV, famous etc.

She's the kind of person that makes your day better to be around. Regardless of what she's actually known for.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

rovert posted:

She was super sweet with everyone who approached her, definitely the highlight of my week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone was wondering about merch sales earlier and known #FakeNews man Shave Sheltzer claims that Roman is the top seller among full-timers (since Cena is considered a part-timer).

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

we're not pretending Smackdown was a good show this week, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Efexeye posted:

we're not pretending Smackdown was a good show this week, right

well no because it was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHFe3Zmqqc8&t=59s