Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^burtle posted:

For the phone app squad, what level should Strike Teams be to handle Golds? 20ish?

Level cap is 20, but you'll need equipment and mission mods that coincide with your traits to have a better than 50% chance of success on golds. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

^burtle posted:

For the phone app squad, what level should Strike Teams be to handle Golds? 20ish?

I tried around 4-6 with two teams. I failed a lot, picked up only one negative trait from a "critical" failure, and got lots of extra XP compared to succeeding at bronze. Once I got lucky and succeeded at one I got A LOT of XP (like multiple levels gained at once) and a positive trait. I'd pick at least one team as a sacrificial lamb to try, if he gets nuked with negative traits you can reserve him for missions that don't have the appropriate modifiers or eventually replace and retire him.

Without positive traits I think a level 20 only has around a 40% chance of success at Gold, so I'd say once you're in the 20%tile of success you might as well try and not have too much of a chance at a critical failure.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

terrorist ambulance posted:

What are the "good" classes at higher levels?

Vanguards, Asari Adept, Infiltrators. Melee is OP, shotguns and assault rifles are kinda poo poo in general and in specific.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

IcePhoenix posted:

Level cap is 20, but you'll need equipment and mission mods that coincide with your traits to have a better than 50% chance of success on golds. Have fun!

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I tried around 4-6 with two teams. I failed a lot, picked up only one negative trait from a "critical" failure, and got lots of extra XP compared to succeeding at bronze. Once I got lucky and succeeded at one I got A LOT of XP (like multiple levels gained at once) and a positive trait. I'd pick at least one team as a sacrificial lamb to try, if he gets nuked with negative traits you can reserve him for missions that don't have the appropriate modifiers or eventually replace and retire him.

Without positive traits I think a level 20 only has around a 40% chance of success at Gold, so I'd say once you're in the 20%tile of success you might as well try and not have too much of a chance at a critical failure.

Interesting, okay I'll scope it out and report back. Curious that they would make a phone game and then basically curb you on golds.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

^burtle posted:

Interesting, okay I'll scope it out and report back. Curious that they would make a phone game and then basically curb you on golds.

Once you can afford a third team you'll be able to clear all of the golds every day. New team does the bronzes and silvers, two main teams keep trying all the golds until they succeed. When they succeed they get a lot better, at 40%+ success with two teams you can finish all the golds every day by just retrying 2-3 times.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Phone app has a little news blurb thing now about those missing scouts.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

GenericOverusedName posted:

Phone app has a little news blurb thing now about those missing scouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmOOStpTXE8

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

So the Kett are getting a Krogan style enemy now?

Could make the Kett harder or easier depending on what spawns they take the place of. Fewer Anointed please.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They did a stream to show off the new enemy but realized after a few games that it was bugged and the enemy wasn't showing up

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

What are the "good" classes at higher levels?

Short List:

Angara Avenger: my personal pick for the best gold class when playing with pugs. Your damage is solid, but more importantly, Stealth Grid lets you easily solo waves after the rest of your team faceplants.

Vanguards: tanky and Mobile with decent damage. Probably the best entry-level gold class as they only require a minimal amount of gear to reach their full potential.

Soldiers: Turbo Charge pairs very well with the OP Vanquisher. Obviously, this is contingent on your having a Vanquisher, but if you do, Soldiers wield them da bestest.

Anything with Annihilation: which means the Asari Adept or Krogan Gladiator. The former is squishy but very high damage, the latter tankier and more team focused.

Infiltrators or Asari Huntress: Discount versions of the Angara Avenger. Not as good, but a cloak is a cloak and having one in your kit is enough to make any class gold viable.

Angara Insurgent: Best class with Shield Boost, which is a group heal. Not so awesome in pugs, but a fine support class in premades.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So there's a new objective:

Boss Mode.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bootcha posted:

So there's a new objective:

Boss Mode.

I foresee it being just a Cobra tax. I wonder what the fewest enemies you can spawn in based on how fast you kill the boss?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

I foresee it being just a Cobra tax.

Ehh, Weakpoints really shithouse the bosses in this game. Hydra Mechs die in like six or seven shots.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

precision posted:

I thought it had been established the current equipment was going to be in the store for 14 more days.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Where was that? I haven't heard anything about that

When I still had equipment in the item shop, I could have sworn that selecting them said something "Available for X days" or "Expires in X days". On day one it was something like 18 days, which would be consistent with Thursday updates and mean that they should be available through next week. I've bought both equipment, though, so I could be remembering incorrectly.

The update says that new items should be available in the item shop - anyone see them?

Edit: Ah, "new equipment, Thermal Clip Storage and the Juggernaut Shield". Guess they were worried people didn't notice the equipment buried in their labyrinthine interface.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 30, 2017

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Can you go into more detail on how you are using your avenger?

I've been using my rank 1 avenger with a rank 1 revenant AR. I've had a lot of luck with it but cleaning up a gold seems like a tall order.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I'm doing a couple of runs to use only ARs with the Turian soldier, to try and get a feel for what needs fixing how.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Bootcha posted:

I'm doing a couple of runs to use only ARs with the Turian soldier, to try and get a feel for what needs fixing how.

They do too little damage per shot, a large number of the guns in this game need their damage doubled. ARs in particular need less bloom on firing.

Also the netcode needs some serious working on because landing headshots is a total dice roll if you aren't host.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Automatic guns in particular suffer from the enormous accuracy decay they added. I'm not sure why that was put in other than because "it's a thing shooters do." It's a good mechanic in other shooters because they are designed around killing an enemy with 4 bodyshots, not 40.

But even when every round lands they don't do enough damage. Same with every shotgun and pistol I currently own (although I understand there are at least some good pistols).

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
As far as weapons getting stronger, bioware did a multiplayer stream today where they said the weapons aren't weak you just have to level them up, which is blatantly downplaying how goddamn lovely they are. I think they don't get it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Digirat posted:

Automatic guns in particular suffer from the enormous accuracy decay they added. I'm not sure why that was put in other than because "it's a thing shooters do." It's a good mechanic in other shooters because they are designed around killing an enemy with 4 bodyshots, not 40.

But even when every round lands they don't do enough damage. Same with every shotgun and pistol I currently own (although I understand there are at least some good pistols).

Yup. That's actually exactly the moment this game started to lose me. I unlocked a cyclone, put it on a class with turbocharge specced for accuracy and rof, and watched as it did precisely gently caress all.
And I was excited enough that I made this thread :negative:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dimix posted:

Can you go into more detail on how you are using your avenger?

For reference, when I say the Avenger is the best gold carry, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Build:

X/X/6/6/6 is the ideal, with the balance between Sticky Grenade and Stealth Grid being down to preference. Of course, you need a Rank X Avenger for that and good loving luck there. For a Rank 1 build, I'd go 1/3/6/6/4. The only thing you really miss out on here is Bioelectric Ward, so you have to be a bit more careful when diving with Avenger Strike. The 3 ranks in Grid lets it last long enough to fully disable a Device.

Avenger Strike: Always take Recharge Speed, Flash Strike, and Disrupting Strike. The power is less about damage and more for mobility or CC. Most of the time you'll be using it to jump and in lock down a target to kill, but it can also be used as a quick escape since you gain invulnerability the instant the animation begins.

Weapon Training: Always take Ammo and Targeting on Rank 5. Ranks 4 and 6 can be changed out depending on whether you find the bulk of your damage comes from shooting or grenades.

Bioelectric Defense: Regeneration, Capacity, and Bioelectric Ward are the ones you want here. Make this the first thing you max out as you unlock more ranks. Bioelectric Ward is amazing.

Loadout:

Vanquisher/Hurricane is my preference. I don't think I'd even run a Sniper Rifle if the Vanq wasn't so broken, so if you don't have one I'd just give that a pass. Any good SMG or Pistol can replace the Hurricane if you don't have one, a Talon or even a Charger X. Don't use the Revenant or any AR/Shotgun for that matter. They're all awful.

Play:

The Avenger's kit gives you a ton of options for engaging stuff depending on how aggressive you want to be vs. how safe you need to play. The ideal is to hop in using Strike and burn something down with either your Stickies or SMG. However, if things are looking to hot you can also just stay under Stealth Grid and kill stuff with Grenades (throwing them doesn't break stealth.) Learn where all the ammo boxes are on every map and visit them regularly so that you're never dry on power cells.

More than anything else, play safe. You can literally be invisible the for 100% of the game, so if you ever get KO'ed as the Avenger it is your own fault.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

InnercityGriot posted:

As far as weapons getting stronger, bioware did a multiplayer stream today where they said the weapons aren't weak you just have to level them up, which is blatantly downplaying how goddamn lovely they are. I think they don't get it.

This is a flat out lie. I have all of the commons, uncommons, and rares at X and there are 3, maybe 4 that do a meaningful amount of damage.

They absolutely don't get it. Though I'd bet money at least one of those paste eating retards thinks that needing 3 full seconds of constant headshots to kill a shieldless mook is good gameplay.

EDIT: Brace for the devs to get super pissy and/or passive aggressive in the coming weeks as the complaints of how anemic the guns feel get louder combined with internal metrics showing the vanquisher as the most used weapon by several orders of magnitude above the other options.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 30, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Astroniomix posted:

This is a flat out lie. I have all of the commons, uncommons, and rares at X and there are 3, maybe 4 that do a meaningful amount of damage.

They absolutely don't get it. Though I'd bet money at least one of those paste eating retards thinks that needing 3 full seconds of constant headshots to kill a shieldless mook is good gameplay.

I don't think the ME3 Avenger was quite a whole clip to drop a mook on bronze, but it can't have been far from it. But I think I'm also right in thinking that it was the worst assault rifle and possibly the only one with lower damage was the GPR, which compensated with its enormous ROF?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I never noticed but I actually did unlock a Vanquisher. Hooray. What's the best way to spec Turbocharge for it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Damage, clip size?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Two Finger posted:

I don't think the ME3 Avenger was quite a whole clip to drop a mook on bronze, but it can't have been far from it. But I think I'm also right in thinking that it was the worst assault rifle and possibly the only one with lower damage was the GPR, which compensated with its enormous ROF?

The Avenger in ME3 was trash but it was also the free starting gun. It was a good deal more accurate in full auto and IIRC you could actually down a mook in about half a clip if you got a few headshots. Though the other AR options could do decent damage so the Avenger being trash wasn't a big deal, it was the starter gun after all.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

I never noticed but I actually did unlock a Vanquisher. Hooray. What's the best way to spec Turbocharge for it?

Duration, Damage & Force, Dump Heat. Gives you 8 shots on a single Vanquisher clip.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Avenger wasn't good but it was serviceable, accurate, and light as hell. I'd often see Concussive Shot build soldiers in gold do OK because the Avenger reloads fast, output accurate fire at all ranges, and concussive shot came out every 1.5 seconds.

Andromeda multi does not play to this variety of builds so far.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

InnercityGriot posted:

When they play on stream what characters and difficulty so they use?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they gave themselves max level stuff.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

When they play on stream what characters and difficulty so they use?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they gave themselves max level stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/132247286?t=05m59s

Look at this stream. Playing Bronze, using a Ruzad with a Krogan Gladiator. The Ruzad does less than nothing while they claim the guns are fine and the dev proceeds to finish the match using nothing but his melee attack.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:psyduck:

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Thanks for writing that up Skippy, it was super helpful.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i use the ruzad in silver and gold and it doesn't 'do nothing', and mine is only level one. i feel like it should do more damage but i'm 2-3 shotting mooks.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there any way to turn off (or turn down) the screen effect for the krogan rage in multiplayer? It kinda hurts to look at that poo poo for like 10 minutes straight.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there any way to turn off (or turn down) the screen effect for the krogan rage in multiplayer? It kinda hurts to look at that poo poo for like 10 minutes straight.

Nope!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i use the ruzad in silver and gold and it doesn't 'do nothing', and mine is only level one. i feel like it should do more damage but i'm 2-3 shotting mooks.

The Disciple outclasses it in every regard in the same rarity category and I still think the Disciple is poo poo but ymmv.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

The Disciple outclasses it in every regard in the same rarity category and I still think the Disciple is poo poo but ymmv.

i don't think it's good, i'm just saying it's not a marshmallow gun

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, how good is the Naladen? That explosive sniper rifle. One of the things I was looking for in crates, haven't gotten it yet, though.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

depends do you like dropping smoke grenades so you can't see the enemy? If so it's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So other ME3:MP junkies, are you guys actually finding the multiplayer boring? Like I bought this game cause I figured the internet was being ultra hyperbolic about this game, and I knew even if the single player sucked, at least I would enjoy multiplayer.

It appears I was wrong. I know gold and platinum were where it was best in ME3, but I dunno. Everything about Andromeda seems boring. The enemies, the locations, especially the weapons since I cant kill anything on bronze with my guns.

I thought for sure with less rounds, the matches would be quicker, but even those drag out to about the same amount of time.

What am I missing here guys? This isn't really as bad as it feels right now right?

• Locked thread