Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://understandingrelationships.com

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

This isn't even a little true.

Yeah, it is. If you think operant conditioning is just getting a treat when you do something right, you don't know what operant conditioning is.

Skratte posted:

I [26F] found out that my boyfriend [28M] has been talking to a dating coach and getting involved in PUA forums.

How bad is she getting ripped apart for snooping on her boyfriend preparing to cheat on her (or at least, treat her like poo poo and waste money)?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbgSbamKJ8

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

quote:

—Stress Interview—
• Purpose: To be a dick. Seriously. There are a lot more accurate and less bombastic ways to find out how a potential candidate handles stress than trolling them like this. Interviewers will ask ridiculous questions as though there were a distinct right or wrong answer and avoid eye-contact while giving awkward and disinterested pauses. They might even attack you personally with snarky questions about your hair. It can be in any setting, with any number of people, and is utterly useless IMO. Supposedly, creating bad blood and a poor first impression is a great way to see how a candidate will respond when faced with on the job stressors.
• How to successfully navigate a stress interview: Locate the nearest door, and slam it on the way out. If they really want to know how you handle stress, they’d put you in a simulation of your new role for half an hour. Seriously. But . . . Egh . . . If you really, really need a job though and hate yourself a lot; Sit back, act like everything is normal. They won’t warn you this is the type of interview it is . . . but you’ll know. Act as though everything they’re doing is no big deal, and just keep on keeping on throughout the whole miserable hour just as you would in any other interview. For example, if they say “were you hungry when you put on your lipstick?” then keep your mannerisms and tone matching the idea that they were simply curious and reply with “not at all, I had just eaten because I wanted to be fully prepared for this interview.”

I guess I've done lovely stress interviews entirely wrong in the past, then. I just gave them as much sass as as they dealt out. I thought that was the entire point of your interviewer being a completely unprofessional dick. See if you fit into the, "gently caress you, Gary, ya big vagina," climate at the job. Either that or to see if you can take a few jabs without getting visibly butthurt. No good if you get mad at lippy customers when face-tanking.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I had a group interview once where they wheeled out a whiteboard and timed me while I hand-wrote a Javascript script

I missed a semicolon but also deeply did not want whatever job that's a test for

drat. Hand written coding tests are bad enough without being timed while a group of people look over your shoulder.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Nessa posted:

drat. Hand written coding tests are bad enough without being timed while a group of people look over your shoulder.

I was trying to intern at Amazon and had two back to back phone interviews. The first guy asked me to do something with linked lists and had me recite my code over the phone, semicolons and all.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
my wife learned to give handjobs by sexing snakes in the australian outback. her toilet was full of frogs she'd have to throw out a window with a pasta strainer. one time she didn't look and there was a frog in the toilet with her leavings. she couldn't flush the frog cuz it would clog the pipes so she got a pellet gun and shot it to pieces before flushing the whole mess.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When I was in school, I went in for a secretary job at a chiropractor where they had a group interview. They gave us this weird, culty pitch, had us take Myers-Briggs tests and then just made everyone leave with a curt dismissal. The lady applying next to me was an OBGYN. It was a strange day.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

I guess I've done lovely stress interviews entirely wrong in the past, then. I just gave them as much sass as as they dealt out. I thought that was the entire point of your interviewer being a completely unprofessional dick. See if you fit into the, "gently caress you, Gary, ya big vagina," climate at the job. Either that or to see if you can take a few jabs without getting visibly butthurt. No good if you get mad at lippy customers when face-tanking.

yeah this was the track I went with in that interview and it was a mistake

i accidentally dodged a bullet.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Das Boo posted:

had us take Myers-Briggs tests

I worked for a church-owned thrift shop in college that made me take that, also another personality test that determined what my spiritual gifts would be. I tied between apostle and prophet lol.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Huntersoninski posted:

I worked for a church-owned thrift shop in college that made me take that, also another personality test that determined what my spiritual gifts would be. I tied between apostle and prophet lol.

want this test for my facebook wall

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Jfc what a maroon

My (41F) husband (43M) sent a picture of his nude butt to one of his male students over snap chat "as a joke". He might be fired from his job. Is there any recovering from this? Relationships

quote:

523 points 226 comments submitted 7 months ago by Marriagehelpthrow2 to r/relationships
Throwaway for anonymity purposes. Some small insignificant details have been changed.

My husband Brett and I have been married for around 20 years now. We are both teachers at the same school and we have two kids together who are now adults. It's been a long , for the most part happy marriage. Of course there have been struggles along the way financially. But we always pulled through our problems. I don't know how we will get through this. I don't want to throw away 20 years of marriage over this. But I am so shocked and hurt. I feel we can get through this but I don't understand why he did it. I'm worried about us financially as well.

Brett is a math teacher at our school for high schooleqrs. He teachers sophomores and juniors mostly. Hes always been very close with his students and really tries to be their friend. he's an outgoing funny guy and that's why I think the kids love him.

It's a private school by the way.

So, basically he was a little too close. He had students added on social media and had their phone numbers and the students always texted him or tweeted him or snapped him. We have been working at this school for a long time now. I think he just got too comfortable.

Last week an angry parent came in to report that inappropriate snap chats had been exchanged between her son and Brett. Apparently Brett and this kid who's a junior were snapping each other, sending funny selfies and joke snaps, the kid sent a snap chat to Brett of him and his group of friends all mooning (exposing your bare butt) in the forest as a joke. Brett snapped back to this student a single close up picture of his completely nude butt. The student took a screenshot and passed it around his friends. Eventually the mother found out.

Everything was kept pretty much under the rug and kept hush hush. Brett is probably going to be fired which Is all the mom wants. So yeah he will definitely be fired. She didn't want him to be arrested or anything like that. Small town, tight knit connections and all... Very few people were told what happened, though I feel everyone knows and is judging me and our family since its a small town and word gets around.

I was shocked when I found out and very hurt he would do this to our family and jeopardize our income. His retirement. He claims it was just supposed to be funny joke and he didn't mean it as sexual. He keeps saying he's so sorry, will do anything to save the marriage, it was just supposed to be a funny joke, etc.

The embarrassment is just too much. The hurt is too much. Especially because he tried to lie about It before the photographic evidence emerged.

We will have to go out of state if he has any hope of finding another job.

I'm honestly still in shock. The kids don't know. I don't know how to fix this. We are now living off of my salary only. How we will survive I have no idea.

Brett says we can save this marriage through therapy. I'm hesitant.I guess I am just looking for outside opinions. Anything really. Thank you.

tl;dr: Husband sent inappropriate snap chat of his butt to a male student and will most likely be fired very soon. not sure where to go from here.

Just chilling, snappin' with my teacher bro, sending each other pics of our butts nbd

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That was a super dumb thing to do but the wife is being way dramatic about it. He's a goofball idiot, not a philandering abuser.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

That was a super dumb thing to do but the wife is being way dramatic about it. He's a goofball idiot, not a philandering abuser.

she didn't call him or imply he was a philandering abuser at all? i'd be having massive doubts as well if my spouse got themselves fired and taked their career over sending nude pictures to a minor for whatever reason

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

boner confessor posted:

she didn't call him or imply he was a philandering abuser at all? i'd be having massive doubts as well if my spouse got themselves fired and taked their career over sending nude pictures to a minor for whatever reason

Yeah her reaction was kind of subdued really.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

The whole "hurt is too much" thing is a bit of a stretch. OK, it's humiliating and embarrassing but it's not heart-wrenching. It's the kind of thing you chew someone's rear end for, not withdraw into a depression.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Surprised more wives don't cut off their husband's asses preemptively to stop this tomfoolery once and for all.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The whole "hurt is too much" thing is a bit of a stretch. OK, it's humiliating and embarrassing but it's not heart-wrenching. It's the kind of thing you chew someone's rear end for, not withdraw into a depression.

she says they've struggled through money problems and now her husband has completely ruined his career, imploding his income and loving up his retirement, which would require substantial financial outlay to fix as they uproot their lives and move household and children to a different state. all because her husband thought it would be "funny" to send a picture of his bare rear end to a minor. why the gently caress is he snapchatting with his students anyway. even if she takes the very charitable stance that this wasn't actually a sex thing, and the dude better thank his lucky star that the parent didn't press charges for sex crimes on a minor, he's still unfathomably lucky she didn't throw him out of the house or file for divorce. he's lucky his wife is just withdrawing into depression

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

'wow this woman is super butthurt about her husband probably getting blacklisted from his career as a diddler. so salty, so much Care' - A Goon

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Denying it was smart - it was a snapchat and it was unlikely they had evidence - the private school is probably not gonna subpoena the company. Unlucky for him. Warning though I'm a grownup and don't know how snapchat works.

Also man, I was a goody-goody in school but there were some teachers I couldn't stand - it sounds super-easy to photoshop something to get a teacher fired these days and I worry I might have been tempted.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

At least a sternly worded letter from the Queen Mum about how disappointed she is or something.

Uh. Dictated via Ouija board?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"whats the big deal? he can just go into IT and frontend web development :smug:"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

she says they've struggled through money problems and now her husband has completely ruined his career, imploding his income and loving up his retirement, which would require substantial financial outlay to fix as they uproot their lives and move household and children to a different state. all because her husband thought it would be "funny" to send a picture of his bare rear end to a minor. why the gently caress is he snapchatting with his students anyway. even if she takes the very charitable stance that this wasn't actually a sex thing, and the dude better thank his lucky star that the parent didn't press charges for sex crimes on a minor, he's still unfathomably lucky she didn't throw him out of the house or file for divorce. he's lucky his wife is just withdrawing into depression

I don't think you have to be that charitable to realize that it's not sexual given the context. The school system may not see it that way due to zero tolerance and appearances but let's try to keep a reasonable view, here. It definitely sucks what's happening to him and his family but acting like it was some sort of thought-out betrayal or intentional sabotage instead of a momentary lapse in judgment is over-dramatizing it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Denying it was smart - it was a snapchat and it was unlikely they had evidence - the private school is probably not gonna subpoena the company. Unlucky for him. Warning though I'm a grownup and don't know how snapchat works.

the student took a screenshot and passed it around his friends

which is like reason #1 you never send nudes to anyone, ever, for any reason, unless you are completely ok with the consequences of everyone seeing that picture. which for most high schoolers is just being slut shamed or people constantly making fun of your fat awkward body or weird looking tits, because high schoolers are literal children with non-adult senses of empathy or consequences. which is why you drill this lesson home for teenage girls, and it's extra special stupid if a middle aged father falls prey to the same dumb loving trap

I don't think you have to be that charitable to realize that it's not sexual given the context. The school system may not see it that way due to zero tolerance and appearances but let's try to keep a reasonable view, here. It definitely sucks what's happening to him and his family but acting like it was some sort of thought-out betrayal or intentional sabotage instead of a momentary lapse in judgment is over-dramatizing it.

here's this non sexual picture of my bare rear end, next are coming some completely platonic pictures of my rippling pecs and then a impressive but clinical shot of my turgid penis

also lol at you doubling down on "why is everyone freaking out so much that this grown man blew up his career and permanently did lasting harm to his family by sending ill advised nude pictures to children, just chill out everyone"

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 30, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I wonder if he could change the parent's tune if he started demanding all the students who sent him pictures of their asses be expelled for their obviously inappropriate actions.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if taking a picture of your rear end and sending it to a child you're engaged with professionally is a 'momentary lapse in judgement' to you your day-to-day life gotta look like something out of Jackass

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

the student took a screenshot and passed it around his friends

which is like reason #1 you never send nudes to anyone, ever, for any reason, unless you are completely ok with the consequences of everyone seeing that picture. which for most high schoolers is just being slut shamed or people constantly making fun of your fat awkward body or weird looking tits, because high schoolers are literal children with non-adult senses of empathy or consequences. which is why you drill this lesson home for teenage girls, and it's extra special stupid if a middle aged father falls prey to the same dumb loving trap

here's this non sexual picture of my bare rear end, next are coming some completely platonic pictures of my rippling pecs and then a impressive but clinical shot of my turgid penis

also lol at you doubling down on "why is everyone freaking out so much that this grown man blew up his career and permanently did lasting harm to his family by sending ill advised nude pictures to children, just chill out everyone"

They mooned him and he mooned them back. Let's not add any other malign intent that doesn't exist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
what's the big deal? he was found passed out on the side of the road with a bac of .19 in a running car with his crying children in the back seat. big whoop, we all have momentary lapses in judgement. the mother should relax in my opinion, like she's never made a mistake

They mooned him and he mooned them back. Let's not add any other malign intent that doesn't exist.

officer, i swear, it's not what it looks like. the kid flashed his dick at me, what was i supposed to do? back down like a little bitch? no officer you dont need to cuff me, this isn't-

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if taking a picture of your rear end and sending it to a child you're engaged with professionally is a 'momentary lapse in judgement' to you your day-to-day life gotta look like something out of Jackass

It's colossally stupid but(!) it's pretty clear there was no sexual intent.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
just platonically sharing pics of my unclothed body with my underage bros, nbd

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i cut my dick off and fed it to a German pervert the other day, haha, whoopsy, I never could get the hang of Tuesday!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Just what this thread needed, a contrarian gimmick.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

what's the big deal? he was found passed out on the side of the road with a bac of .19 in a running car with his crying children in the back seat. big whoop, we all have momentary lapses in judgement. the mother should relax in my opinion, like she's never made a mistake

officer, i swear, it's not what it looks like. the kid flashed his dick at me, what was i supposed to do? back down like a little bitch? no officer you dont need to cuff me, this isn't-

See, people like you are the reason this ends up being a bigger deal than it needs to because they have to construct some weird sex fantasy out of dumb juvenile behavior. Sometimes idiots playing grab rear end isn't actually homoerotic. Sometimes they're just morons.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I want to know how it's clear from a picture there is no sexual intent.

Considering all we have is a pic and the story as told by the husband.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

See, people like you are the reason this ends up being a bigger deal than it needs to because they have to construct some weird sex fantasy out of dumb juvenile behavior. Sometimes idiots playing grab rear end isn't actually homoerotic. Sometimes they're just morons.

ugh, all this "think of the children" panic when a middle aged father sends pictures of his bare rear end to minors. this politically correct nonsense is ruining society. back in my day you could send unsolicited pictues of your nude body to children from sunup to sundown and nobody cried to mommy about it, because boys were boys and men were men

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

boner confessor posted:

just platonically sharing pics of my unclothed body with my underage bros, nbd

Phone is the guy who found the guy hiding in his girlfriends closet and posts on Reddit asking if that means something.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

CharlestheHammer posted:

I want to know how it's clear from a picture there is no sexual intent.

Considering all we have is a pic and the story as told by the husband.

If everyone in the situation admits to and agrees that the group sent him the mooning pic first, I think we can safely discard the sex pervert angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Who cares if he had sexual intent? It's grossly inappropriate at the very least and she should kick this idiot to the curb.