Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe we could debate or discuss which people are OK to insult and make cheerleading posts against and which aren't! I am sure y'all have some rigorous ethics concerning when it's okay to tell someone to kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Brainiac Five posted:

Maybe we could debate or discuss which people are OK to insult and make cheerleading posts against and which aren't! I am sure y'all have some rigorous ethics concerning when it's okay to tell someone to kill themselves.

Can you provide us some guidelines to follow based on your experience with the subject?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's very privileged to consider life something worth hanging onto instead of a disposable accident that breeds nothing but regrets.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
It's okay to insult shrieking drama queens.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MooselanderII posted:

Can you provide us some guidelines to follow based on your experience with the subject?

I don't have experience with that, "Kilroy" does. Ask him.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Crowsbeak posted:

It's okay to insult shrieking drama queens.

Well, I guess "if you consider the person a hysterical fag" is an ethos. Doesn't reflect well on Bernie voters, but I don't suppose any of ya will object to it, either.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brainiac Five posted:

I know for a fact it's ok to insult Hillary Clinton, since she poo poo the bed in a very spectacular way in 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I know for a fact it's ok to insult Hillary Clinton, since she poo poo the bed in a very spectacular way in 2016

Just like Dale Earnhart she couldn't turn left.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
If a person recites the incantation "dumb leftist" three times then it's A-OK.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

If a person recites the incantation "dumb leftist" three times then it's A-OK.

You've said "dumb leftist" more than three times in this thread, so...

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Dumb leftists, who are too stupid to know the glorious third-way approach, and also cunning backstabbing traitors

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
It's cool and good that every thread about the Democrats in D&D is really about one specific poster's borderline personality disorder

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Helsing posted:

It's cool and good that every thread about the Democrats in D&D is really about one specific poster's borderline personality disorder

It's intriguing how accusations of psychiatric disorders serve as insults for the kind of person who whines about identity politics, how transparently those people yearn to silence their opponents, and how many of them aren't American but post as if they are.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brainiac Five posted:

It's intriguing how accusations of psychiatric disorders serve as insults for the kind of person who whines about identity politics, how transparently those people yearn to silence their opponents, and how many of them aren't American but post as if they are.

It's not an accusation lol

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Shillary voters all suffer from, uh, kleptomania and, um, um *flips through DSM* body dysphoria!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Brainiac Five posted:

You've said "dumb leftist" more than three times in this thread, so...
I also don't lose my poo poo and run off whining to dadchat whenever someone uses the language of violence inappropriately or whatever the hell. Anyway I'm pretty sure you've suggested I kill myself in the past, probably when you claimed I beat my wife.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Are "justice democrats" really much of a thing yet? I listen to tyt but haven't heard about the movement through any other outlet.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

KillerQueen posted:

Are "justice democrats" really much of a thing yet? I listen to tyt but haven't heard about the movement through any other outlet.

We're talking about economic justice? Because that memo from Priorities USA suggests that they're moving in a more economically populist direction, which is refreshing IMO.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Majorian posted:

We're talking about economic justice? Because that memo from Priorities USA suggests that they're moving in a more economically populist direction, which is refreshing IMO.

Well I think that's just the name of a progressively oriented "new branch" of the Democratic Party, the idea being that they'll only accept small donations

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Majorian posted:

"Ensuring all Americans have access to affordable insurance"

Real refreshing stuff

V Bernie supporters voted for Hillary you dumb gently caress. We can poo poo on her all we want. Stop being a loving Nazi V

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 30, 2017

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

I also don't lose my poo poo and run off whining to dadchat whenever someone uses the language of violence inappropriately or whatever the hell. Anyway I'm pretty sure you've suggested I kill myself in the past, probably when you claimed I beat my wife.

Funny how you avoid actual discussion in favor of whining that someone doesn't suck up to your moron rear end. It's almost as if this thread was concocted as a big ol' love feast for Bernie or Busters to wail about Shillaries.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Frijolero posted:

"Ensuring all Americans have access to affordable insurance"

Real refreshing stuff

*shrugs* There's more than that. It may not be as sharp as you'd like it to be, but it's a step in the right direction for a Super PAC that supported Hillary.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Brainiac Five posted:

Maybe you could elaborate on why it's morally superior to wish someone dead so long as there's no blood on your hands, if you don't want to discuss antiracism.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796651&pagenumber=601&perpage=40#post468195235

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ahahahahaha, that was a good joke and the poster in question agreed.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thats a bit of a roundabout way of saying its okay if its funny but hell, I dont have much of a counter

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Brainiac Five posted:

Funny how you avoid actual discussion in favor of whining that someone doesn't suck up to your moron rear end. It's almost as if this thread was concocted as a big ol' love feast for Bernie or Busters to wail about Shillaries.
I do try to engage you in actual discussion from time to time, but it never seems to work out. You make it awfully difficult :shrug:

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

I do try to engage you in actual discussion from time to time, but it never seems to work out. You make it awfully difficult :shrug:

And of course y'all are totally innocent in this regard.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Brainiac Five posted:

And of course y'all are totally innocent in this regard.

Which do you think is more likely:

1. a dozen-odd regular d&d posters have formed a conspiracy to shut you down by complaining about you being a bad poster

2. you are a bad poster

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

1. a dozen-odd regular d&d posters have formed a conspiracy to shut you down by complaining about you being a bad poster

2. you are a bad poster

3. You guys sincerely believe that what you say isn't at all caustic, and that part of civil discussion is telling people they're murderers-by-proxy and personally responsible for Trump's election. I daren't speculate on the origins of this belief.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

2. you are a bad poster

i mean you all suck and b5 kind of rules so, i'm gonna go with number 1

like here I was thinking after i came back to thread there'd be some sort of actual discussion, but it's idiots like you and nazi crowsbeak cheerleading so it makes your genitals happy
(here's a hint fish, you don't want to be on the side of a man who calls people "illegals who need to wait in line")

what's even the point of your posting, friend

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

stone cold posted:

i mean you all suck and b5 kind of rules so, i'm gonna go with number 1
consider that perhaps it is you, who suck

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wanna be on the side of the guy who thinks we should build a wall on the southern border and deport children to send a message

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
seriously stone cold you're worse than B5, who at least is frequently entertaining if nothing else

you're boring as poo poo and you're an insufferable rear end

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I wanna be on the side of the guy who thinks we should build a wall on the southern border and deport children to send a message

You are on the side of our Pufferfish-in-Chief, though???

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

seriously stone cold you're worse than B5, who at least is frequently entertaining if nothing else

you're boring as poo poo and you're an insufferable rear end

That's twice in one day you guys have busted out calling someone a "boring troll". Are your strategic insult reserves running low?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

You are on the side of our Pufferfish-in-Chief, though???

Nah, that was the Hillary supporters who said she would beat him and also were party to trying to make him the nominee.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Brainiac Five posted:

That's twice in one day you guys have busted out calling someone a "boring troll". Are your strategic insult reserves running low?
you've gone an awfully long time so far this go around without getting probated, so yeah we're stretched a little thin :)

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

Nah, that was the Hillary supporters who said she would beat him and also were party to trying to make him the nominee.

So are you ever going to explain your class analysis where social workers are bourgeois?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

So are you ever going to explain your class analysis where social workers are bourgeois?

No I don't have to hold your hand and explain what words mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Do you admit that Hillary was uniquely unqualified to beat Trump compared to Bernie yet or are you following JC's logic that Bernies didn't vote for her hard enough so it's their fault?

• Locked thread