Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Roosevelt posted:

just set your lock screen to goatse and fib about your pass code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Roosevelt posted:

just set your lock screen to goatse and fib about your pass code

eq

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

when will the elon muskbag house of cards fall

he seems like a pyramid of junk bonds

despite one level of them building tangible cars for whatever its worth

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's a presidential advisor now

TOO BIG TO FAIL

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
he's literally tunneling for an underground lair below his rocket factory how did anyone not see the "neural interface to make the inevitable AI melding easier" thing coming

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
A large conglomerate decided that the best way to deal with a product which nearly killed multiple people is to offload them to poor people overseas

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

actually thanks to modern capitalism your idea of the 21st century poor is people so lucky as to receive devices worth a deprecated $800 american dollaros

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bulgakov posted:

actually thanks to modern capitalism your idea of the 21st century poor is people so lucky as to receive devices worth a deprecated $800 american dollaros

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jimmy Carter posted:

he's literally tunneling for an underground lair below his rocket factory how did anyone not see the "neural interface to make the inevitable AI melding easier" thing coming

he's a stupid gently caress man

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jimmy Carter posted:

elon's looking a little rough these days

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Improbable Lobster posted:

hell, same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/846839340290465795

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

constant stream of effluent spatters down across the city

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's manhattan. no one would notice

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Mostly effluent, but maybe there'll be an absurdly powerful cyborg body in the pile!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nah thats the actual people trying to decelerate

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

elon's going to give us neural lace at the same time that life extension drugs and cybernetic enhancements hit the market, so i'm training up some sick katana moves so i can be his cool friend and get an immortal enhanced body for my cool new robot brain and we are going to start construction on side three and then i will have my own zaku ii

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the zaku ii will also be a sexbot

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

the zaku ii will also be a sexbot

now i'm getting really pumped up for the cyberpunk future

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

angry_keebler posted:

now i'm getting ready to pump the cyberpunk future

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

it's manhattan. no one would notice

who did you piss off?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

angry_keebler posted:

elon's going to give us neural lace

*actually nerve staplers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

who did you piss off?

hard to tell. probably some conspiracy nut from quebec.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this has got to be in the top 50 of all time bad ideas in the history of mankind

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I think an idea has to be workable before it can be really bad. This idea is just impossible and therefore dumb.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah there have probably been 50 worse ideas that got fully implemented, the only crime here is that it's getting publicity

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I mean, it's just a space elevator without the last quarter-mile?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

well yeah but it's a space elevator to an asteroid

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Doom Mathematic posted:

well we know from cable companies that's the hardest bit :mmmhmm:

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Doom Mathematic posted:

I think an idea has to be workable before it can be really bad. This idea is just impossible and therefore dumb.

i like the idea of rounding up the wealthiest people in the world in a single fragile structure and then dangling them a few hundred feet over colombia and nicaragua every night

also, i like the idea of the tower slamming into the andes because they forgot that new york city isn't the highest point on the earth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

well we know from cable companies that's the hardest bit :mmmhmm:

:getin:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

angry_keebler posted:

i like the idea of rounding up the wealthiest people in the world in a single fragile structure and then dangling them a few hundred feet over colombia and nicaragua every night

also, i like the idea of the tower slamming into the andes because they forgot that new york city isn't the highest point on the earth

i like the idea of having to coördinate your trips home by intercepting an object blasting around the atmosphere at 300mph

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i like the idea of having to coördinate your trips home by intercepting an object blasting around the atmosphere at 300mph

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
time to go to the office *patiently waits for venom snake to fulton him*

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i'm the employee heading home after a long day in the upper atmosphere that gets his parachute tangled in power lines and dies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it looks like the whole tower is only about as big around as a regular skyscraper

what happens when a plane flies into it?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

it looks like the whole tower is only about as big around as a regular skyscraper

we invade iraq and afghanistan

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

it's going at like 600mph, right? if anything it's gonna be a reverse 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

I guess the bottom few hundred/thousand feet of the skyscraper falls off, so they tie off the break, spool it out a bit and build some replacement skyscraper at the asteroid? Same way they construct it in the first place?

• Locked thread