Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

lol it's gone already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Neo_Reloaded posted:

http://amzn.to/2nkqQmf - Neon switch, order now for April 1st restock

Wow, it's only $160. Ordered five, eat it losers!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stux posted:

i guess this doesnt apply to the switch really, but another really good way nintendo could clamp down on piracy through emulation of their other systems is by porting the VC to pc. that way they could offer an affordable alternative the same way some genesis games etc have gotten steam ports, which would also bring them in some money. its a two for one! thoughts?

If Nintendo released a Virtual Console Digital Distribution for PC that only offered their older titles, N64 and before, it'd be tits. Tie that into your Nintendo account and have all old purchases of VC games on the Wii/3DS/Wii U/Switch show up would be amazing, then start porting all those titles the Switch and have the PC/Switch be the ultimate gaming combo.

It'll never happen as Nintendo loves to rerelease poo poo and do all that emulation work again then charge you a premium.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

I just had a thought: if Konami hadn't fired Kojima, the crazy bastard would have probably ported MGS V to the Switch.

I don't think it would really be up to him. I'd buy it again though if this happened. I'm sure the Fox Engine would scale nicely on Switch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i ripped all my own legally purchased console carts, cards and cds/dvds using various methods and put them all on a 3tb hdd with all my pc disc and steam games, i have them all running through steam via various emulators and i have a few usb leads that run along the wall from my pc to my tv area where i can plug in usb adapters for each systems controllers because i realized "i prefer original hardware" to me meant the loving controller.

am i pirate because this dumb poo poo took me 3 weeks to set up and now i don't want to play any of them, i want them all my switch. GIMME THAT VC NINTENDO or homebrew up that poo poo so i can play my PAL 50hz ps2 games in bed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo release some fuckin snes games on the switch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

i ripped all my own legally purchased console carts, cards and cds/dvds using various methods and put them all on a 3tb hdd with all my pc disc and steam games, i have them all running through steam via various emulators and i have a few usb leads that run along the wall from my pc to my tv area where i can plug in usb adapters for each systems controllers because i realized "i prefer original hardware" to me meant the loving controller.

am i pirate because this dumb poo poo took me 3 weeks to set up and now i don't want to play any of them, i want them all my switch. GIMME THAT VC NINTENDO or homebrew up that poo poo so i can play my PAL 50hz ps2 games in bed.

just play and enjoy your games imo

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

eonwe posted:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

eonwe posted:

I will buy and play SNES RPGs over, and over, and over..

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Emron posted:

lol it's gone already

glad to see they have pro controllers in stock at least. Get them people!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Isn't the paid service supposed to include a NES and SNES game every month?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

Isn't the paid service supposed to include a NES and SNES game every month?

Yes, and you lose them at the end of the month, though they have some nebulous *online* features.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

eonwe posted:

:yeah:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Phantasium posted:

Yes, and you lose them at the end of the month, though they have some nebulous *online* features.

What? Losing them makes no sense. Oh wait this is Nintendo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Phantasium posted:

they are probably all getting online features like the neo geo games when sold separately, which i bet is why it wasn't at launch. i'm personally hoping for various speed run leaderboards or 100% type poo poo along with the usual hi-score stuff. i can't imagine many nes or snes games working well with online multiplayer. but i bet n64 and cube stuff would have it done well.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 30, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Jackbox Party Pack 2 is coming April 13th, at least in Australia with a price of $32.27AUD.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the grey switch appears to be in stock on amazon right now btw

e; looks like prime exclusive

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Prime Members only.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Exactly what I want when playing Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid... Online features, in exchange for being able to play them during one month not of my choosing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean presumably you'll still have the option of buying them and keeping them separate from the freebies but it's still dumb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tender Bender posted:

Exactly what I want when playing Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid... Online features, in exchange for being able to play them during one month not of my choosing.

That's just when the games are free to play for people subscribing to Nintendo's online. You should still be able to buy them and play online with anyone who also purchased the game. Though good luck finding other people to play with.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LLCoolJD posted:

Prime Members only.

:lol: if you don't have Prime.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My wife has it. I keep a separate non-Prime account for her presents. It's a flawed arrangement.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
http://amzn.to/2mTsyQ1 - grey switch up now. Doesn't seem to be prime-only...

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

LLCoolJD posted:

My wife has it. I keep a separate non-Prime account for her presents. It's a flawed arrangement.

I use my wife's prime and just tell her DON'T LOOK. And she doesn't look. Works out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

ddogflex posted:

I use my wife's prime and just tell her DON'T LOOK. And she doesn't look. Works out.

You can share a Prime account with another adult in your household. Both accounts get all the benefits, but you can't see each other's purchases and stuff.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

TFRazorsaw posted:

neither would putting them on the PC to begin with.

But I digress, I think selling hardware is more important to them than whatever'd they achieve with this.

putting them for sale on pc would be an incentive not to use emulation to play them on pc. you might disagree with how much of an incentive that is but offering a way to legally purchase the games on a platform where they are widely available illegally would certainly cause some to buy them instead.

FireMrshlBill posted:

It may be good for them just to get more software out there. However, I don't see them making the same collections for the prices Sega sells theirs for. Nintendo would rather just keep it on a device you have to buy from them for prices they set. $5/NES game rather than $14.99 for 10 NES games like Sega steam collections or whatever.

Ah ok, will keep an eye out on more videos. Was between getting that and waiting for Rime using my Gamestop power rewards points and I ended up pre-ordering Rime instead.

sega sells just individual games, and at near the price points nintendo would probably ask for (a bit cheaper i guess)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71163/

you can go look at the collections under as well for more games you can buy individually.

they could also just do their own separate software as well i guess, that would be more likely with them if they were to ever do it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Amazon choked with Nintendo Switch scams

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Putting up one for sale for $90 doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't something like $339 be more believable?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Prime was great when you could split it with 3-4 other people for $20/yr but paying the full Prime price now isn't worth it unless you buy a ton from them every year. I used it primarily for video games and the drastic jump in price ($10.99/mo? :lol: even yearly is $100 if you pay in full) means you need to buy 8-9 $60 games every calendar year to save the cost of Prime. GCU at Best Buy is $30 for two years (less than 3 full-priced titles in two years to recoup buy-in) and doesn't end after the game has been on sale for 2 weeks like Amazon. I had Prime for almost 10 years straight but recently dropped it because Amazon's customer service blows and haven't looked back. Plus, it's frustrating that Amazon won't get their poo poo together to rid the site of third-party scammers.

Amazon's still great if you live in the boonies but if you're even remotely close to a Best Buy, I've had much better experiences ditching Amazon altogether for video games.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Putting up one for sale for $90 doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't something like $339 be more believable?

You severely underestimate the power of human stupidity. People will jump off a building if someone tells them that there's a 66%-off coupon on the ground below.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

Prime was great when you could split it with 3-4 other people for $20/yr but paying the full Prime price now isn't worth it unless you buy a ton from them every year. I used it primarily for video games and the drastic jump in price ($10.99/mo? :lol: even yearly is $100 if you pay in full) means you need to buy 8-9 $60 games every calendar year to save the cost of Prime. GCU at Best Buy is $30 for two years (less than 3 full-priced titles in two years to recoup buy-in) and doesn't end after the game has been on sale for 2 weeks like Amazon. I had Prime for almost 10 years straight but recently dropped it because Amazon's customer service blows and haven't looked back. Plus, it's frustrating that Amazon won't get their poo poo together to rid the site of third-party scammers.

Amazon's still great if you live in the boonies but if you're even remotely close to a Best Buy, I've had much better experiences ditching Amazon altogether for video games.

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The idea of slagging Amazon's customer service and then recommending Best Buy is crazy to me. They're one of the few companies I'd quickly name as even worse.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am extremely tempted to order a Switch now so that I can be sure I have one by the time Mario Kart comes out. Like I feel pretty certain I'll have another opportunity to get one by then because it's like a month away, but ~*~you never know~*~ and rationality is clearly for suckers. Also buying one now vs buying one in three weeks makes pretty much no difference practically or financially so

The only thing stopping me is that Amazon only has the gray ones in stock and I kinda want the neon one instead but those disappear so quickly I'm probably better off just buying some extra joycons eventually

edit: never mind my hesitation has caused all the Switches to disappear

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

Also my suggestion is to still be a "student" I haven't been in Uni for a long rear end time now but I'm still paying Amazon Prime student fees which is great.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Jackbox Party Pack 2 is coming April 13th, at least in Australia with a price of $32.27AUD.

Party Pack 3, and that translates to ~$25 MURICA dollars, which is what I expected. Gonna buy the crap out of that, stick my portable projector in my Switch bag, and have impromptu Quiplash parties everywhere!

[Edit: not on rooftops though, no place to project an image on a rooftop]

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Prime was great when you could split it with 3-4 other people for $20/yr

Technically you can still kind of do this, you just haven't been able to change or add anyone since Amazon redid the program and there's always the possibility they'll just remove the option entirely at some point. But they haven't for the last few years, so me and my crew have continued splitting the cost.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nintendo please release N64 games on the Switch, I want to buy Paper Mario for the 5th time like an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Prime is a good deal if you buy things regularly and use like 2 of the other things it provides. I live in the middle of nowhere so being able to get weird food things delivered to my door for free instead of driving an hour to buy them is pretty awesome.

• Locked thread