Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Bombadilillo posted:

Between OoT and this someone over in Zelda development land has a real boner for waifu fish.

I have to say I was disappointed in Tingle island. I expected more when I got there. I was real low level when I found it and could get there. So I spend many hours with Tingle Island in the back of my mind as somewhere I got to explore later. Disappointed.

(solution spoiler) I attached octo balloons to the rock to lift it up to reveal the shrine, which is what I'm guessing is the intended solution and their homage to Tingle. Seems appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

canoshiz posted:

(solution spoiler) I attached octo balloons to the rock to lift it up to reveal the shrine, which is what I'm guessing is the intended solution and their homage to Tingle. Seems appropriate.

Oh....that makes more sense than using stasis and beating the poo poo out of the thing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

canoshiz posted:

Makes sense. I just statis smacked into the atmosphere

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Bombadilillo posted:

Makes sense. I just statis smacked into the atmosphere

:same:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

veni veni veni posted:

Thunder blight ganon is probably one of my least favorite bosses in any game ever. Words cannot describe how much I hate his piece of poo poo.

That was like the only good boss in the game

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Yeah I don't get all the hate, he was extremely easy. Put your shield up, after he smacks his head into you he just sits an inch away. You hit him a bunch of times to break his shield, hit him a few more times, stasis to hit a few more times. Magnesis any one of the metal rods into his face 1 or 2 times and you're done.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

canoshiz posted:

The big hint is the like dozen octo boys all over the place. But I used a metal ball on the other side of the mountain.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thunderblight Ganon's first phase sort of goes against what you'd expect. You don't usually just beat on an enemy's shield, especially a boss--normally, in a game like this, you'd be expected to find a way around it. So people try to parry or perfect dodge and, while those work, they're not the only way to go about it. If you smack his shield you'll notice that it shrinks with each hit, so that's your clue that you're supposed to do that, but I wouldn't blame people for not trying.

His second phase is one of those times where I think figuring out what to do is easy, but executing it is pretty tricky. You don't have a ton of time to grab a spike with Magnesis before he starts zapping them all, though if you pay attention you can see where he's starting and pick a spike far from his starting point so you have a little more time.

He and Calamity Ganon are the only bosses that I felt like had any real challenge to them, and Calamity Ganon just because there was a lot going on and I'm maybe not amazing at deflecting lasers (though I did finish him off with one, which felt very good). My favorite boss was probably Master Kohga, though. It's not a hard fight by any means, but it was fun and also funny.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I thought the bosses were mostly okay, but not really good. Thunderblight is definitely a highlight, as is Master Kohga (for me, at least). All others are kinda... meh. Certainly nothing breaking the Top 10 Zelda bosses or anything, although some do look pretty rad. The boss concepts themselves aren't anything special, although I do like that, for once, they don't take place in the same boring circular arena (...not that they do anything interesting with that). I'm also very disappointed that all the Blight enemies look extremely similar; I much preferred the colorful, very distinct landmark bosses of Majora's Mask or Wind Waker. On the other hand, there are some absolutely amazing, well-planned enemies that are always a blast to fight, like Lynels and Stalker Guardians; I wish there were more types like those. Again, I kinda hope the DLC delivers on that front. If Hard mode doesn't already do that, I'm hoping for some kind of Pit of Challenge area where eating in a fight is forbidden, where they go REALLY all-out with nasty encounters.

I'm projecting too much on the DLC. :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's no way to track Koroks with your sensor is there? I never thought to take a picture of one.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

RCarr posted:

There's no way to track Koroks with your sensor is there? I never thought to take a picture of one.

Nope. I'd imagine that thing would be going off all the time. Which isn't as annoying when you're actively looking for them. But yeah sorry no :(

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've beaten the game.

Now what do I do with my life.

I don't even remember a time before Zelda...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've beaten the game.

I decided to go replay Wind Waker HD and it was a good decision.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

I decided to go replay Wind Waker HD and it was a good decision.

This is my plan too, although play for the first time as I have yet to play Wind Waker.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've beaten the game.

As soon as the ending was over I immediately made a second user profile and started a new game.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Fortis posted:

As soon as the ending was over I immediately made a second user profile and started a new game.

I beat the game, and wanted to keep playing. I still have a lot more to do, only 21% completion at the end. Decided to set it aside until at least the first DLC is out, so if there's new abilities/equipment, I'll still have game left to use it on. It's always disappointing to get new cool in-game toys after you've used up all of the game's content already... Not sure if I'll have the willpower to stick to that plan though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

yamdankee posted:

Has anyone else noticed most movies these days are a hero that is totally overpowered and just stomps his way through all his enemies with little to no setbacks/failures? For some reason I think that's what people like now. This is gonna start sounding like a dad-post but I don't think people have the patience to endure a struggle for the ultimately more satisfying triumph. I think a lot of people would feel just as satisfied running in with unbreakable weapons, mashing Y 100 times and walking away with all the loot, than if they had to kind of fight for it, be a little patient and creative, like BotW forces you to do. Action/Adventure games/movies have all kind of reached this gray equilibrium and if you take away limitless curb stomping and replace it with a bit of patience/creativity it immediately becomes boring and tedious.

It's really just a clickbait link though, for sure. I agree we'll see more of them.

Some effort is good, yeah. I'm not some kind of "Pro gamer" but I still muddled my way through Godhand, Darksouls, etc all. Even if I also like to have a breather and not have it be painful 120% of the time. But the way gamer culture goes now it can swing way too loving far in the other direction. Asking for only the "Hard" parts of games they use as examples while entirely ignoring all the QoL, balance, and conveniences.

So both ends of the spectrum ask for "I want to smash Y 100 times!" but coming at it from different directions. Casual Bob wants to smash Y 100 times to kill 100 enemies. Masochist Larry wants to hit Y 100 times on ONE enemy, while also dying in a single hit and needing to babysit multiple meters to overcompensate.

Like everyone wistfully claiming that they want real time food eating "Because Darksouls.". But not clicking on the fact Darksouls has convenient and easy realtime healing thanks to refilling Estus flasks AND consumables all bound to a quick button. They ask for hard mode to make upgrading your armor do next to nothing "Like darksouls!", when upgrading your gear and stats in Darksouls (in many cases) eases things up quite a lot in the long run. Letting even a first time idiot beat Kalameet and Artorias on the first try despite initially struggling with early game bosses.

I don't mind effort, but I also like a tangible sense of progression. Both in personal skill, AND your character's direct power. And the most magical of sweet spots is a game that offers robust enough mechanics to let you skill pro your way through a game with minimal perks, but STILL leave in the QoL and conveniences to make up the difference if you need to.

Even that new River City Ransom game has a bunch of fans that were excusing launch bugs like infinite loops on the final boss with "Well the OLD game was hard!"... But the old game also let you buy a sweet pair of Texas Boots to go give you a leg up in curb stomping that boss that was giving you trouble.

TL;DR:: Many "Hard" games people most fondly remember, tend to have had QoL and conveniences to throw casual players bone all along. But it's easier for all the times you failed to stick out in your memory, than those subtle details helping you along the way even when you honestly want more cool games. Rather than just bragging on the internet about how hardcore you are.

BotW falls on the more forgiving side of the spectrum by a large margin. But the reason other "It's hard but fair, honest!" games hold up so well is because of their CONVENIENCES in the underlying design keeping a larger spread of players from simply abandoning it in frustration entirely. While me too cash ins, or people who just don't quite fully grasp the formula just layer on "Make it less forgiving! That = :darksouls: = better game! Make it a Roguelike and dismiss all complaints!"get a niche player base at best.

But a game with just enough guard rails to keep the average person on track? Well, now you have "casual" players wanting to replay the game with their newfound skill, to see the difference between "Idiot in plate armor and a sword the size of a car" and "Warrior start has everything I will ever need", and onwards.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fortis posted:

I'm trying to hold off until hard mode comes out because I know I'm probably going to want to give that a try (assuming they do more than just crank up enemy attack and HP values, of course). I'm probably also going to get a Switch in the next couple of months and playing through handheld sounds great, so I want to be excited and not burnt out when that comes around.

I really want to play more right now but I'm intentionally delaying gratification :v:

Section Z posted:

Like everyone wistfully claiming that they want real time food eating "Because Darksouls.". But not clicking on the fact Darksouls has convenient and easy realtime healing thanks to refilling Estus flasks AND consumables all bound to a quick button. They ask for hard mode to make upgrading your armor do next to nothing "Like darksouls!", when upgrading your gear and stats in Darksouls (in many cases) eases things up quite a lot in the long run. Letting even a first time idiot beat Kalameet and Artorias on the first try despite initially struggling with early game bosses.

I do think hard mode will probably need to somehow limit your ability to just jam food in your face mid-fight or there's no way it's going to be able to present at combat challenge at all. This has nothing to do with Dark Souls, it's just that, unless you're getting one-shot (which is no fun), being able to eat mid-fight with no real thought to it means you can tank through just about anything so long as you've cooked some food. Limiting your ability to eat in combat is one of the ways hard mode can increase the challenge without introducing tedium. Doing things like cranking up enemy HP would just exacerbate any problems that might be there with weapons being too fragile, and massively increasing the amount of damage enemies do is just going to turn it into "how many fairies can I hold?" mode.

I also think armor values need serious rebalancing, but, again, it has nothing to do with Dark Souls and I don't want them nerfed into the ground or something--it's just that the relationship between weapon damage and Link's armor makes enemy difficulty unfortunately spiky. The line between "this enemy knocks off five hearts per hit" and "this enemy does a quarter heart of damage to me" is too thin and I think a more gradual progression would be more satisfying. This part is independent of hard mode, really, and it's just something I think Nintendo needs to take another look at if they make another Zelda game with armor.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 30, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Section Z posted:

Like everyone wistfully claiming that they want real time food eating "Because Darksouls.". But not clicking on the fact Darksouls has convenient and easy realtime healing thanks to refilling Estus flasks AND consumables all bound to a quick button.

I mean people are mostly just throwing out band-aids to what is very clearly an issue with the game. Being able to pause at any time and chug as many apples as you want from your near-unlimited supply means that unless an attack one-shots you, there's not much threat of dying. It's an issue in games like Skyrim too. Of course, in reality fixing these flaws in the game to a satisfactory extent would require some more rethinking and reorganizing of the game's inventory system and control layout than just throwing in these simple band-aids.

To be clear, this isn't an issue of how hard or easy it makes the game, it's an issue of a mechanic in the game that blatantly undermines the combat system's depth.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

To be clear, this isn't an issue of how hard or easy it makes the game, it's an issue of a mechanic in the game that blatantly undermines the combat system's depth.

Yeah, I think that's the real problem. There are a lot of cool tactics that you can use in combat but ultimately being able to fully heal yourself with food in an instant really undermines it.

Maybe food should heal over time on hard mode or something. Go ahead and eat but it's just going to kick off a slow regen.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

I'm trying to hold off until hard mode comes out because I know I'm probably going to want to give that a try (assuming they do more than just crank up enemy attack and HP values, of course). I'm probably also going to get a Switch in the next couple of months and playing through handheld sounds great, so I want to be excited and not burnt out when that comes around.

I really want to play more right now but I'm intentionally delaying gratification :v:

I do think hard mode will probably need to somehow limit your ability to just jam food in your face mid-fight or there's no way it's going to be able to present at combat challenge at all. This has nothing to do with Dark Souls, it's just that, unless you're getting one-shot (which is no fun), being able to eat mid-fight with no real thought to it means you can tank through just about anything so long as you've cooked some food. Limiting your ability to eat in combat is one of the ways hard mode can increase the challenge without introducing tedium. Doing things like cranking up enemy HP would just exacerbate any problems that might be there with weapons being too fragile, and massively increasing the amount of damage enemies do is just going to turn it into "how many fairies can I hold?" mode.

I also think armor values need serious rebalancing, but, again, it has nothing to do with Dark Souls and I don't want them nerfed into the ground or something--it's just that the relationship between weapon damage and Link's armor makes enemy difficulty unfortunately spiky. The line between "this enemy knocks off five hearts per hit" and "this enemy does a quarter heart of damage to me" is too thin and I think a more gradual progression would be more satisfying. This part is independent of hard mode, really, and it's just something I think Nintendo needs to take another look at if they make another Zelda game with armor.

Okay yeah, I can admit there is a very sudden jump between "Why is everything so painful!?" and "Well, that's not so bad" once you pass that hump. Particularly the point where the average elemental spamming enemy or a single hit from a Hinox stops bring being sudden death or more than half your life bar. Armor upgrade quality feels very exponential, whether you are using mismatched "Upgraded armor and rank 1 sand/snow boots" or full sets.

I feel the big breakpoint, is once you are sporting enough hearts and armor quality to handle elemental type Lizals. Early on, "Normal" enemies are not too much issue but elemental enemies are a big step up in danger, as well as having a tendency to carry either lame weapons, bows only, or no weapons at all to make up for their extra health. Even lategame, when fighting a group of Black lizals nets you a sweet stack of top shelf boomerangs just as strong as royal swords? Dealing with the death mountain area, or frozen wilderness, is mostly elemental lizals with No weapons, bows you don't need, or weak to mid tier spears and soldier swords.

Doing death mountain's plot last was basically a breather, because it was 90% fire lizals. Compared to wandering the desert and whoops skull full of black bokoblins with spears oh gently caress oh gently caress.

Mildly related. I could swear lightning arrow lizals hurt as much ore more than Thunderblight ganon (I have better equipment now than when I fought that boss! Clearly topaz earrings will cut it-HOLY gently caress), or maybe that's just the annoyance factor talking.

Augus posted:

I mean people are mostly just throwing out band-aids to what is very clearly an issue with the game. Being able to pause at any time and chug as many apples as you want from your near-unlimited supply means that unless an attack one-shots you, there's not much threat of dying. It's an issue in games like Skyrim too. Of course, in reality fixing these flaws in the game to a satisfactory extent would require some more rethinking and reorganizing of the game's inventory system and control layout than just throwing in these simple band-aids.

I think as much as anything it's the "Open world" status that makes that so escalating. Where your healing resources are based on the amount of time you have spent screwing around, Vs "Okay link. This is a traditional game. You have two bottles so far and one needs to hold a plot device"

Then you have the start of the game, where taking hits is much harder to bounce back from than traditional zelda because enemies, pots, and tall grass don't flat out drop hearts. A three heart challenge is WAY more meaningful in BotW than OOT. I mean, is there even anything in normal mode OOT that can ever make you think to yourself "Holy poo poo, that guy just hit me for literally 12 hearts of damage!"?

It's very swingy. "Oh good, the fairy revived me with 5 hearts-ow. What happened? Oh good the fairy healed me with 5 hearts."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 30, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

Okay yeah, I can admit there is a very sudden jump between "Why is everything so painful!?" and "Well, that's not so bad" once you pass that hump. Particularly the point where the average elemental spamming enemy or a single hit from a Hinox stops bring being sudden death or more than half your life bar. Armor upgrade quality feels very exponential, whether you are using mismatched "Upgraded armor and rank 1 sand/snow boots" or full sets.

It's really just because everything's totally linear. The damage you take is attack damage - defense and that's it. Every heart is 4 HP. If you get hit with a 60-damage Lynel weapon and you're not wearing any armor, you're going to take 15 hearts of damage. If you get hit by that same weapon and you're wearing a full set of level 2 Hylian armor (24 defense), you're going to take 9 hearts of damage. But come back with level 4 Hylian armor (60 defense), and now you're going to take a quarter heart of damage.

Honestly, if I had my choice, I'd get rid of defense altogether and lower weapon attack values accordingly (and lower enemy HP to compensate, since weapon attack is the same for you and the enemies wielding the weapons). That way, the developers can just say, okay, this Lynel's weapon does X hearts of damage, done. You survive more damage by just having more hearts. Upgrading armor can just activate new secondary effects, which it sort of already does with set bonuses. I think it would both simplify things a lot and stop the game from reaching a point where 90% of enemies can only do chip damage to you because you've got 64 defense.

For hard mode, I'd advocate either making food heal over time instead of instantly, so you can't immediately pop up to full hearts any time you feel like, or just having some sort of "fullness" mechanic so that you can only eat sometimes. Maybe also make Hearty food (temporary hearts) much rarer and let them add temporary hearts without automatically fully healing you.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 30, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can you beat ganon with just bombs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If so I am going to start a 3heart no weapon run

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else find the desert beast to be more of a PITA than anything? I feel like the rest of the beasts made some sense but I lucked into just about everything in that temple and spent more time running around and rotating things than anything else.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nice, I'm going to give a bokoblin the best shield in the game and then kick his rear end.

This is a fun thing to do with metal items in a thunderstorm

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Anyone else find the desert beast to be more of a PITA than anything? I feel like the rest of the beasts made some sense but I lucked into just about everything in that temple and spent more time running around and rotating things than anything else.

moldugas? (sp?) Just bomb them constantly either with arrows or power bombs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

moldugas? (sp?) Just bomb them constantly either with arrows or power bombs

He means the dungeon.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Can you beat ganon with just bombs

Unfortunately no, you cannot.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Section Z posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Kind of like how all your meals look the same but smashing a bunch of prime meat together is worth 200 bucks compared to regular meat, etc. If you need some small change your hundreds of apples are worth 50 for five apples cooked together.

There are even NPCs who talk about how frustrated they are that they can't cook because it's raining out :v: Can't wait out a storm when you can't set a fire even if you wanted to.

So I always take very special note of any cooking fires with overhangs, at least those will stay lit if I use a fire weapon or flint (Oh my loving god Bolson. I will pay you 10,000 rupies to build a loving overhang for my house's cooking fire so I don't have to run back into town)

You do know you can get a bed in your house, right

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

He means the dungeon.

Yeah the dungeon. It was just way more of a pain than the others for whatever reason, the 64 interior chamber combinations probably didn't help.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shadowlyger posted:

You do know you can get a bed in your house, right

Wait, I can cook with beds instead of needing to specifically locate and ignite a cooking pan with an overhang? This changes everything.

Yes I know the intended advice is "sleep through the rain", but it's the principle of the matter

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Harrow posted:

I do think hard mode will probably need to somehow limit your ability to just jam food in your face mid-fight or there's no way it's going to be able to present at combat challenge at all. This has nothing to do with Dark Souls, it's just that, unless you're getting one-shot (which is no fun), being able to eat mid-fight with no real thought to it means you can tank through just about anything so long as you've cooked some food. Limiting your ability to eat in combat is one of the ways hard mode can increase the challenge without introducing tedium.

I think this is one of the things Fallout 4 did right; in Survival mode they changed it so all healing from items is over time instead of instant, and I could easily see that working here too for hard mode.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Fritzler posted:

I was walking from Kakariko to Hateno village, and I think I went the "wrong" way. I ended up walking by a giant minotaur and killed him, but it took literally every weapon strength that I had and I only had his sword and shield afterwards. Then I had to constantly eat all the food i had saved, which was mostly uncooked cuz the free armor the king gave didn't protect me enough after my torch went out. Then I found a giant dragon that I had to shoot eyes off of. Is he story relevant later? I don't really understand why, but I did it and got that shrine, and then eventually floated down and finally got to Hateno village.

I had a weird feeling when it was time for me to go to Hateno. I walked through that giant wall, saw some enemies, and felt ill-equipped mentally and in-game to try some fighting. So I hosed off to some nearby mountains. Just trying to mine materials for later buffing. I ended up passing near a sleeping Hinox and, minutes later, stumbled upon Hateno by accident. I can't even imagine what the poo poo route you took that got you to a dragon -AND- a Lynel. Feels like I dodged several bullets.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

It really does! I've rarely ever had to go hunting for a specific material or food because I am constantly going off in every which way and hoarding everything I come across.

Half the time it's a pleasant surprise that I already have all the materials I need for upgrades and recipes without even thinking about it!

I played Wind Waker this way and only found out months after I had beaten the game (so, 2004-ish?) that people thought the Triforce Chart Quest was a pain in the rear end. I walked up to Tingle like :20bux::cawg::20bux::cawg::20bux: and got like 4-6 of the charts read off right off the bat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I cannot see how people are able to go back to 3D Zeldas after this one. They're all gross and linear and empty and dull.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Last night I dreamed that the big Yiga guys dropped ice cream instead of bananas, and that you could eat that ice cream in real life.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Random question since this game is obviously intended to be a Wii U game and the Sheikah Slate the Wii U controller screen does the Wii U version use the controller as an always on menu screen? Or did they cop out and make it just a mirror of the big screen as to not make that version "better"?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm going to need to pop some Comprehenshrooms to understand that post, Bum.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bum the Sad posted:

Random question since this game is obviously intended to be a Wii U game and the Sheikah Slate the Wii U controller screen does the Wii U version use the controller as an always on menu screen? Or did they cop out and make it just a mirror of the big screen as to not make that version "better"?

The Wii U version does not use the controller screen in TV mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Fritzler posted:

I was walking from Kakariko to Hateno village, and I think I went the "wrong" way. I ended up walking by a giant minotaur and killed him, but it took literally every weapon strength that I had and I only had his sword and shield afterwards. Then I had to constantly eat all the food i had saved, which was mostly uncooked cuz the free armor the king gave didn't protect me enough after my torch went out. Then I found a giant dragon that I had to shoot eyes off of. Is he story relevant later? I don't really understand why, but I did it and got that shrine, and then eventually floated down and finally got to Hateno village.

You hosed up so bad that you did good.