Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

D.N. Nation posted:

Apropos of nothing, Mr. Fish looks IRL exactly like you think he does

Honestly, that is not what I was expecting. I kept picturing someone who looked and acted like Ralph Bakshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mr. Fish is what Ted Rall would be if he wasn't a narcissist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not really. Rall has no capacity to be anywhere close to as direct and raw as Fish when he hits the mark. Like, even if you took out Ralls atrocious personality, he's still inherently bad at this. He cannot draw and doesn't get the pacing for political comics.

Like, is there one Rall that just has one visual that conveys his message and doesn't rely on atrocious dialogue or Rall inserting stupid poorly drawn background poo poo?

Closest is maybe his Mandela thing, but even if you discount the content and just look at how the message is delivered, it's overdrawn, cluttered, and doesn't draw the eye to a self contained point that has everything you need to understand.

Meanwhile, no-one can mistake Fishes n word strip.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MichaelHwrdSaul/status/847576644302721024

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Liberals hate the “intelligence community.” At least they did back in the days when the FBI was spying on Martin Luther King. And the CIA was infiltrating antiwar demonstrations and trying to get Castro to light exploding cigars.

Senate and House Democrats Frank Church and Otis Pike investigated the “IC” in 1975. Senator Church called the CIA a rogue elephant. And President Ford banned government assassinations. (Former President Obama has yet to get the memo.)

The CIA, NSA, and FBI remained on the Democrat’s rogue elephants list until 9/11 came along, followed by the Valerie Plame affair. Plame was a CIA operative. She sent her diplomat husband, Joe Wilson, to investigate a claim that Saddam Hussein was getting uranium for his alleged weapons of mass destruction through a source in Niger. Wilson wrote about his findings here in the NYT. The story undermined President Bush’s rationale for the Iraq war. Robert Novak got wind of Wilson’s CIA connection and outed his wife in this column in the Washington Post.

The anti-war crowd was outraged over Plame’s blown cover. Patrick Fitzgerald was appointed special counsel to investigate the case. Fitzgerald went after Vice President Cheney’s chief of staff Scooter Libby. He offered to let Libby off if he’d deliver his boss, Cheney. Fitzgerald did this despite already knowing the real leaker was deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage. Libby was convicted of perjury.

As for the guy who appointed Fitzgerald as special counsel in the first place? Jim Comey. He was assistant attorney general at the time.

I stumbled on an interesting take on the liberal evolution on the CIA in the Jacobin. It’s a serious left wing publication. Meaning its writers aren’t wearing “pussy hats“, crying hysterically about Trump, or threatening to blow up the white house. Though they are trying to destroy capitalism. The article is titled “The CIA is Not Your Friend” it says, “The CIA is rebranding as a rational, progressive arm of the US state. And some liberals are buying it.”

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That Bok is impressively dense

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

the Jacobin. It’s a serious left wing publication

:cawg:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Here's a man who really likes what he sees.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Seems a little over the top to me

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Someone check on Garrison

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
At least McKee knows exactly what he's about.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Foreword by Pat Sajak

Pat Sajak's deleted tweets posted:

I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night.
     — Pat Sajak (@patsajak)May 20, 2014

His recent political tweets are more along the lines of "organized protesting????? hmph. how about a little civility" and Very Republican Dad Jokes About Our Crazy Mixed-Up Social Mores but then the president has an (R) after his name so he doesn't feel the need to stick it to the libs quite so fiercely nowadays

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 31, 2017

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Jacobin rules nerd.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I'm so sorry, Brad Dourif.

Regardless of anything else, I'll always love this thread for being the only place where anyone else remembers that goddamn movie.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

From Slovakia

From Slovakia

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

cheetah7071 posted:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

After The War posted:

Regardless of anything else, I'll always love this thread for being the only place where anyone else remembers that goddamn movie.

What film?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Fallout New Vegas Six String Samurai.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

It fits in perfectly with the conservative mindset.

Senator Al Franken posted:

You see, [conservatives] love America like a 4-year-old loves his mommy. Liberals love America like grown-ups. To a 4-year-old, everything Mommy does is wonderful and anyone who criticizes Mommy is bad. Grown-up love means actually understanding what you love, taking the good with the bad and helping your loved one grow. Love takes attention and work and is the best thing in the world.

Bok's argument is essentially "You said bad things about them when they did these things, but good things when they did good things. You obviously don't like them, or you'd say good things about everything that they do. :smug: Checkmate libtard. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a cartoon about how donald screaming racial slurs in John Lewis' face was the best thing dad--the President could ever do."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hello I am a political cartoonist. I draw a thing, label it, and add a caption that explains the label. I am very clever for using a visual medium in this way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What fish is that?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A poorly-drawn (...Possibly traced?) and colored delta smelt, I figure.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 31, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Roland Jones posted:

A poorly-drawn (...Possibly traced?) and colored delta smelt, I figure.

I'm not sure how he cant bother to google "delta smelt" then copy it. He drew some sort of anchovy instead.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JOfZ5LP_A

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Trump's approval is at 35%.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Starshark posted:

Trump's approval is at 35%.

Yeah, but Glenn McCoy's in that 35% and also presumably in whatever large percentage of those folks that don't believe the approval ratings are real.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean if they dig enough holes the whole platform is going to collapse no matter what.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hahahaha, holy crap, Bennett brings his A game.

Title: "The cocktail"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Contrary to the myth, frogs will jump out of a pot brought slowly to boil, unless their brains have been removed.

Incidentally, frogs have such terrifyingly autonomous bodies that the thing that kills them, if their brains are removed, is starvation.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Somfin posted:

Contrary to the myth, frogs will jump out of a pot brought slowly to boil, unless their brains have been removed.

Incidentally, frogs have such terrifyingly autonomous bodies that the thing that kills them, if their brains are removed, is starvation.

That stupid fungus disease has really set back my plans to make frogs our masters and overlords, you have no idea.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!

I hate Ramirez so loving much. I hope one day he gets in an accident that severs his drawing hand.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

du -hast posted:

IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!

I hate Ramirez so loving much. I hope one day he gets in an accident that severs his drawing hand.
He could have "drawn" this cartoon just fine with his other hand I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Samurai Sanders posted:

He could have "drawn" this cartoon just fine with his other hand I bet.

Ok, both hands then. And maybe gouge his eyes out, like most people want to do after reading his garbage

• Locked thread