Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

best game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ice To Meet You posted:

Mike Pelfrey didn't make it to the second year of his contract. I am shocked!

:lol: Tigers ate close to $14MM in bad money this week.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUR14_ry1Zo

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Who is the most reputable Mets insider? I need the info for an April Fool's prank.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Pancakes posted:

When I see you posting in the N/V tread I hope that it's a Yadi extension. Stop toying with my heart. :sigh:

GOOD NEWS!

Cards and Yadi are finalizing an extension right now! :snoop:

edit: 3 years, at least $55m.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

GOOD NEWS!

Let him play until he dies of old age, in my opinion.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

GOOD NEWS!

edit: 3 years, at least $55m.

YES

I was thinking 3 years, $54M was about fair, I'm fine with a minor overpay if it makes him what will hopefully be a Cardinal for life. Then again, 3 years would only take us to his age 37/38 season, if the WBC is any indicator the man's going to play more years than Bartolo.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Carson Kelly going to start catching more than 30 games a year at age...29.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Molina sure seems like he should be older than 33 but...huh.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pancakes posted:

YES

I was thinking 3 years, $54M was about fair, I'm fine with a minor overpay if it makes him what will hopefully be a Cardinal for life. Then again, 3 years would only take us to his age 37/38 season, if the WBC is any indicator the man's going to play more years than Bartolo.
I wouldn't bet on any catcher still being productive at age 38+
There have been 11 qualified seasons by a catcher aged 38+ of more than 2 bWAR, and 4 of them were Carlton Fisk (including the top 3). The odds are against him, to say the least.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 31, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

I wouldn't bet on any catcher still being productive at age 38+
There have been 11 qualified seasons by a catcher aged 38+ of more than 2 bWAR, and 4 of them were Carlton Fisk (including the top 3). The odds are against him, to say the least.

To be fair even if Yadi's production falls of a loving cliff he'd be worth the money to just sit in the dugout calling games.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

best game ever.

https://twitter.com/Rockies/status/847600956342648832

:stare:

also,

https://twitter.com/9NEWS/status/847592553599729664

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they don't allow you to have bees in here

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

they don't allow you to have bees in here

I am so mad that Chamberlain wasn't at this game.

"Joba's not on board."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joba tends to avoid insects now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pancakes posted:

I am so mad that Chamberlain wasn't at this game.

"Joba's not on board."

lol

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Who is the most reputable Mets insider? I need the info for an April Fool's prank.

Don't post about Thor having surgery, the forums are very powerful. (Archives required).

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

I remember reading this thread before registering, back when I wasn't jaded and broken, and life filled the forums.

Time to die

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

gently caress you for not hitting 30 home runs that season, Jacoby Ellsbury. :argh:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

I'm actually going to tell my Mets fan friend that there are mass firings of the medical staff, which he's griped about for ages now.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Who would win a hypothetical 5 game series starting next week between the Oklahoma City Dodgers and the San Diego Padres? For the sake of this dumb hypothetical, Urias is in OKC not extended spring.

OKC rotation: Julio Urias, Brock Stewart, Trevor Oaks, Josh Sborz, Chase De Jong
SDP rotation: Jhoulys Chacin, Clayton richard, Jered Weaver, Luis Perdomo, Trevor Cahil

OKC lineup (no particular order): Murphy, Davis, Calhoun, Talyor, Segedin, Bellinger, Verdugo, Thompson
SDP lineup: Myers, Solarte, Schimpf, Aybar, Hedges, Margot, Jankowski, Renfroe

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I think the team with Daniel Murphy, Chris Davis and Kole Calhoun would probably win more baseball games.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ego symphonic posted:

I think the team with Daniel Murphy, Chris Davis and Kole Calhoun would probably win more baseball games.
People often forget the Dodgers have stashed 2016 MVP-runner-up Daniel Murphy in AAA this year.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Not being on a last-name-only familiarity level with random Dodgers org guys I assumed that Team A in this hypothetical was composed of players that people have heard of before.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bellinger, Verdugo, and Calhoun are top-100 prospects (with Bellinger being top-10). Thompson has a 115 wRC+ in 400 MLB PA and will probably spend most of this year in LA. Taylor and Segedin are MLB bench guys/depth, will spend the year going up and down. Murphy and Davis are org filler.

Urias, presumably everyone knows by now. The rest of the OKC rotation I listed are prospects of varying quality, with Stewart being the most MLB ready of the back 4.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 31, 2017

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

seiferguy posted:

I woke up at 2am to watch that. That was a fun time.

I watched it on my laptop at a McDonalds near where I worked, then fell asleep in a morning meeting and was fired on Opening Day. Not just because of the sleeping, but I imagine it didn't help.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A five game series? The answer is probably the Padres but this is baseball so maybe the dodgers? It's not really that interesting of a mind exercise.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/847481137320427521

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
2017 :N.L Contenders

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'm kind of shocked this isn't in Comic Sans.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

2017: N.L. Club

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Something about that is very Trump like to me

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bewbies posted:

If you end anything with a space and multiple exclamation points its gonna look trumpian.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bewbies posted:

:sad: except METS!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Do we have a Thread for guessing who's winning stuff this year? I wanna call the Twins in the world series again.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Who would win a hypothetical 5 game series starting next week between the Oklahoma City Dodgers and the San Diego Padres? For the sake of this dumb hypothetical, Urias is in OKC not extended spring.

OKC rotation: Julio Urias, Brock Stewart, Trevor Oaks, Josh Sborz, Chase De Jong
SDP rotation: Jhoulys Chacin, Clayton richard, Jered Weaver, Luis Perdomo, Trevor Cahil

OKC lineup (no particular order): Murphy, Davis, Calhoun, Talyor, Segedin, Bellinger, Verdugo, Thompson
SDP lineup: Myers, Solarte, Schimpf, Aybar, Hedges, Margot, Jankowski, Renfroe

No one knows who any of these people are

E: beaten, but in my defense I'm airport bar drinking on my way to Vegas, where I'm going to put $10 on the Twins winning the World Series

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 31, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

E: beaten, but in my defense I'm airport bar drinking on my way to Vegas, where I'm going to put $10 on the Twins winning the World Series

Even at $10 that is a terrible bet.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Popete posted:

2017 :N.L Contenders

Contenders for the NL? Yeah, sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Your 2017 National League Participant New York Mets

• Locked thread