Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Hmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sucy is into vore

also good ep i bet akko will morph into the ghosts's friend

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Futaba Anzu posted:

sucy is into vore

Is it any surprise?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

uguu~

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Akko turned into Pipimi

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/LWA_jp/status/846312298314551297

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i have a confession

i think little witch academia

is good

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i have a confession

is good

Can confirm. Show is good, pure, wholesome. :thumbsup:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

DrSunshine posted:

Can confirm. Show is good, pure, wholesome. :thumbsup:

Akko, on the other hand is a bad person.

She's gonna have those two girls' lives on her conscious when they die of exposure.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Hell...I'm afraid I'm gonna admit I like it as well. Oh dear.

https://twitter.com/RTYourAkko/status/846079412340699144

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i have a confession

is good

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I randomly started clicking threads for shows I might like and this was the best click. I never saw the movies buuuut at this point I really want to. Would I be spoiling the show if I gave them a whirl or can they be treated separately?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
They're separate. Same characters, different stories.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Colorspray posted:

I randomly started clicking threads for shows I might like and this was the best click. I never saw the movies buuuut at this point I really want to. Would I be spoiling the show if I gave them a whirl or can they be treated separately?

Yes, watch the movies! They're like separate character intros, with separate plots. Storywise, I feel the first one is stronger than the second, and seems better animated, but the second introduces a bunch of characters that we see in the background of the show a lot, who might become more important in the coming episodes.

EDIT:

Yay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKbRuXwkRw

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 31, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Akko faces! Which is the best??

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

G6.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
H10

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
H5. Humanity's time is done, Akkofish is the superior species.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A11

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's H9 you fools.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

paragon1 posted:

It's D6 you fools.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Good episode I was grinning hard by the end

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was definitely ready to see things actually go well for Akko for a change.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The soos and ursoola were very HQ today. I enjoyed this episode of this good show.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This anime is pretty good, in my opinion.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Plot question: how was Akko supposed to know how to use arae arhyha immediately, if it takes her weeks of practice to do normal spells? Did Chariot use it in her show? I re-watched the first episode and didn't hear it.

Same for the other two Words. How was Akko just supposed to know them?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

sincx posted:

Plot question: how was Akko supposed to know how to use arae arhyha immediately, if it takes her weeks of practice to do normal spells? Did Chariot use it in her show? I re-watched the first episode and didn't hear it.

The words were outright told to her in the moment for the first one, was on one of her cards for the second and was revealed in the past image of Chariot last episode for the third one. I am pretty sure all the spells for the seals were on those cards she collects, so they are likely the one set of spells which she can get off right just cause of the amount of time she spent on everything Chariot.

Also Akko just gonna Akko

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i love how bullshit the festival is. your role is assigned by luck of the draw, we vote on who was most impressive in their role, but if you're in a boring role and are too interesting you're disqualified

also sucy had some excellent faces this episode. top notch

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

sincx posted:

These don't seem to be conventional spells. I don't think they're ever even called spells except by Akko who doesn't know what they really mean. It looks like they run more on determination than focus and practice.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

These don't seem to be conventional spells. I don't think they're ever even called spells except by Akko who doesn't know what they really mean. It looks like they run more on determination than focus and practice.

Not just determination, but psychological growth towards an appropriately heroic mindest. They seem much more connected to their user's soul than the general-purpose tools that most spells are.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Getting swallowed by the ghost monster fills you with DETERMINATION

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Akko was Temmie all along

:tem:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Not just determination, but psychological growth towards an appropriately heroic mindest. They seem much more connected to their user's soul than the general-purpose tools that most spells are.

To user's believing heart, maybe?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What was the weird looking cube thing that Ursula collected in the end? Does she have some sort of ulterior motive for guiding Acco through these tasks?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

There Bias Two posted:

What was the weird looking cube thing that Ursula collected in the end? Does she have some sort of ulterior motive for guiding Acco through these tasks?

I don't believe that was Ursula. The colour of the sleeve was different (hers was dark blue and the mystery person's one was white) and it looked like the cubes were moving away from her when they appeared.

Anyways, really great episode there. Among other things, it looks like we're going to see Akko help Diana get back the feeling of having fun with magic.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

It's a "KUKUKU~ Finally, I've found you.... KAGARI ATSUKO" *dramatically standing on spire* :ssj: -type scene in any lesser show. Since this is a good show, we're left to wonder what the whole deal was with the cubes, instead!

Good episode, I'm of the opinion that the magic staff stuff is more working through the person rather than the person invoking a spell. It's something that sort of "happens" when the protagonist invokes a suitably appropriate moral lesson. So it's not quite the same as regular magic!

Also: Hanna and Barbara are truly a pair of little bullying shits!! When are they going to get their comeuppance? I mean, sort of they did with the trick from last episode, but really they deserve something to put them in their place.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Also: Hanna and Barbara are truly a pair of little bullying shits!! When are they going to get their comeuppance? I mean, sort of they did with the trick from last episode, but really they deserve something to put them in their place.

They'll grow up to found an animation company.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

from Megumi Han's twitter:

quote:

“What is it that has filed me with this emotion?”

Yes, well, that would be love!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
She's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the cubes are from croix, the kamina looking witch in the flashbacks and preview of s2. her deal is literally magitek, blending magic and technology together as a new evolution of the waning old magic.

• Locked thread