Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mastershakeman posted:

I think I might've actually missed the real allant or something in des. I always read about how there was a fake one and i'm like wiat...did i totally gently caress up? I really need to boot up the ps3 and finish the few ds2 bosses (darklurker, that one optional dragon, and aldia) and maybe the 'real' allant if that exists

The real one is the blob "boss" before the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So is nobody going to bring up the weapon that's an immortal dude impaled on a stick that randomly curses or blesses you?

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Sorry I'm ps4 should have said... Cardschange on ps4 for anyone who can slay Dragon

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yodzilla posted:

So is nobody going to bring up the weapon that's an immortal dude impaled on a stick that randomly curses or blesses you?

There's a few reasons I want to start a proper faith character

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yodzilla posted:

Its funny but I can't imagine it being practical at all.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Any idea why I got summoned as a red for aldrich faithful? It said all the stuff for invading as an aldrich guy but, I showed up as a red.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

Its funny but I can't imagine it being practical at all.

It'd be a fun co-op weapon.

I regret going into this dlc as a pyromancer. EVERYTHING is resistant to fire and dark.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Any idea why I got summoned as a red for aldrich faithful? It said all the stuff for invading as an aldrich guy but, I showed up as a red.

do you have the covenant ring on?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

RBA Starblade posted:

It'd be a fun co-op weapon.

I regret going into this dlc as a pyromancer. EVERYTHING is resistant to fire and dark.

The only enemy that resists both is Midir. He's impossible for a pyro that doesn't some other weapon. A combination of onyx blade and demon scar got me through the rest of it.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Your Computer posted:

If the covenant icon up in the corner is flashing, you're eligible. It doesn't seem restricted to the church, but I'm unsure if you can be summoned from anywhere. I was around the same level and couldn't go 20 seconds without being summoned.

Was this NG or NG+? I'm lvl121 in NG on PC and I barely get summons.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'd probably speed run it as a pyro. Cheese my way through for the relevant items

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

The only enemy that resists both is Midir. He's impossible for a pyro that doesn't some other weapon. A combination of onyx blade and demon scar got me through the rest of it.

I do maybe 150 a hit with Onyx Blade on Gael if I'm lucky. I did 90 to any Spear with it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Demon Prince absolutely resists both, I know because I tried beating the fight with Dark Orb/Onyx Blade first which worked well on the two demons but then the Prince appeared and I was suddenly doing poo poo damage (the Orbs went from ~350 on the two demons to sub-200 I'm pretty sure) and couldn't be hosed trying to stick through that so I switched to a generic Raw weapon to kill him.

Anything works nice on PvPBoss and Gael though.

E: Buffed Onyx Blade with 36/36 Int/Fth and base Str/Dex was doing ~250 on Gael I'm pretty sure, which was fine when he also staggers every third hit.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
if you are doing a pyromancy run take Dorthy's Gnawing, magic estus flasks, and that fast bell chime to the first boss as like 2-3 casts take a chunk of health out of them (I was doing over 1k damage each bleed proc on NG+)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Insurrectionist posted:

E: Buffed Onyx Blade with 36/36 Int/Fth and base Str/Dex was doing ~250 on Gael I'm pretty sure, which was fine when he also staggers every third hit.

I've staggered nothing but Shira with it once this entire time what the hell.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I've staggered nothing but Shira with it once this entire time what the hell.

Gael is a Fair Fight TM

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Desperate Character posted:

if you are doing a pyromancy run take Dorthy's Gnawing, magic estus flasks, and that fast bell chime to the first boss as like 2-3 casts take a chunk of health out of them (I was doing over 1k damage each bleed proc on NG+)

Ah so like the other dlc

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Manatee Cannon posted:

do you have the covenant ring on?

I had the aldrich covenant equiped and I was not using the white ring or the untrue dark ring.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got through Gael with a posse. Definitely going to take a break and respec before taking on the dragon again. I'm thinking pure strength and those twin greatswords. :v:

Ultimately I think I dislike this dlc. The demon prince was cool and so was the ringed city, but the pvp boss was just awful. It exacerbated the pvp problems; run and roll to win. Gael was alright but I barely did any damage solo or in a team when I wasn't tossing fireballs. I liked Ashes of Ariandel a lot more.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

^^: Pvp boss owned or should I say I owned as the pvp boss :getin:.

What did everyone take from Gael's soul?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Azuth0667 posted:

What did everyone take from Gael's soul?

His sword is pretty nice. Someone itt was complaining the bow was garbage.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

It looked like a cool machine gun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Someone else in the thread said the sword is busted good

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

It might be I've been destroying people with the double greatswords.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the best chime to use for healing miracles?

There's actually one in the DLC that increases the range of your healing miracles. It's weapon art is an AOE hot. I'm looking forward to getting it on my faith build.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Playing through the DLC a bit more, got as far as the Ringed City and passed the Judicar (sp?). So far this DLC is really good and reminds me of how I felt when I first played DS1, searching my way around, figuring out when to be aggressive and when to just see what's what. It's a good feeling, the DLC is good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fuligin posted:

His sword is pretty nice. Someone itt was complaining the bow was garbage.

That was me. His crossbow sucks. It does less damage than other crossbows while having higher stat requirements. The only thing it has going for it is the weapon art, which might be good in PvE but its suck for PvP. Its slow to fire and all of the bolts do pitiful damage. You'll be lucky to hit someone with more than 1 and it'll do like 40 damage. It requires FP to do this. Its just awful. Maybe there's some nonsense where it does amazing damage point blank, but as an actual crossbow it blows.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Anyone on PS4 able to help me with Gwyn Gael? I'm level 100 but can password match if needed.

Also I can't get the Discord link in the OP to work if anyone knows the code.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 31, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

When asking a friend about Berserk a while ago, he said one of the outstanding themes is rape. Lots and lots of rape. Didn't really inspire me to get into the series.

A few pages back but it's not really a "theme" but there is an unpleasant amount of rape, attempts and implied assault in the series about on par with game of thrones except sometimes involving gross monsters. If that's something that really turns you off series then yeah, I wouldn't force yourself to read it because of Dark Souls or anything.

But if anyone else is interested in reading Berserk, it's pretty similar to Dark Souls and you can see where a lot of the ideas and direct visual homages come from. The series updates at a glacial pace and is prone to long hiatuses so there's no particular rush to binge on it or anything, but if you're waiting for it to finish before you pick it up then there's a chance that you'll die before it does.

Internet Kraken posted:

That was me. His crossbow sucks. It does less damage than other crossbows while having higher stat requirements. The only thing it has going for it is the weapon art, which might be good in PvE but its suck for PvP. Its slow to fire and all of the bolts do pitiful damage. You'll be lucky to hit someone with more than 1 and it'll do like 40 damage. It requires FP to do this. Its just awful. Maybe there's some nonsense where it does amazing damage point blank, but as an actual crossbow it blows.

That's disappointing. Like a million people out there, I wanted to try being guts.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Spiking posted:

Sorry I'm ps4 should have said... Cardschange on ps4 for anyone who can slay Dragon

You're welcome for the "help".

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

If anyone can help at Gael, drop a sign on the landing outside. The ones inside are being snatched up instantly.

I can get him to the third phase solo now.

Edit: giving up for now, but I got him to maybe 10% health twice in a row, so that's good. Sticking with my +10 Heavy Great Club and black witch gear. Kind of wish I didn't roll over to NG+ when I first beat the game.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 31, 2017

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I've hit my ten tries limit for Midir The Cameraeater. What a lovely lovely fight. I'd love to play with the Spears covenant but I'll be damned if I'm gonna keep wasting time on that shitshow. Kinda want to just cheatengine him away but if I get banned it defeats the purpose of getting the covenant item hah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mary had a little clam posted:

I've hit my ten tries limit for Midir The Cameraeater. What a lovely lovely fight. I'd love to play with the Spears covenant but I'll be damned if I'm gonna keep wasting time on that shitshow. Kinda want to just cheatengine him away but if I get banned it defeats the purpose of getting the covenant item hah

Don't lock on :ssh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Strange question, but can you poison Midir?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This motherfucking winged lizard is making mockery of the Warriors of Sunlight. Everybody sucks at this fight. I've warped out of more fights than I've died in because all the phantoms I summoned in kept getting wrecked. I'm learning the fight, but goddamn this dragon is a pain in the rear end to melee. It's been a dozen plus attempts and I feel reasonably stonewalled.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

If anyone can help at Gael, drop a sign on the landing outside. The ones inside are being snatched up instantly.

I can get him to the third phase solo now.

Add MonkRocker on PS4. He'll add you to the goon souls group we co op with LASERTAG and you can usually find someone on to help.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Jesus christ this DLC is a rough one to come back to after like, months long absence from any Souls. The first boss is killing me, literally and figuratively. I think maybe I'm bad at video games.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

hanales posted:

Add MonkRocker on PS4. He'll add you to the goon souls group we co op with LASERTAG and you can usually find someone on to help.
Great, I'll do that, thanks.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Okay, does anyone on the PC know why the game will randomly freeze? It'll be running fine at 60fps, then drop to 0fps for a couple seconds, then back to 60, back to 0, etc. It's almost unplayable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I just figured out that you can co-op with your buddies in the arena. Team blender has been slaughtering all opposition :black101:.