Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Yes, killing dudes stops them from doing things which is why the players who spend all game in a vehicle going 100-2 are useful.

Most people here can go +20 while capping points with a rifle which is why the feedback you're getting is "going 20-0 in a vehicle away from the points isn't good or helpful".

Edit: play the loving objective.

Speak for yourself dude! 8-8=loving great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
0-20 is even better, if the enemy is busy killing you they'll be leaving your teammates alone

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lotta salt up in here tho.

Play how you want, so long as you believe in yourself and it comes from the heart 💕

Unless you're on sniper mountain. Then I hope you eat darts

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Man who cares. Play the game the way that is most fun for you.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
All I gotta say is that if you run a Hellrigel or A10 as your primary most of the time, you can just drive off and cliff

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I am still committed to getting a service star with every weapon, although Zelda has kept me from playing this game for a month now.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

e.pilot posted:

0-20 is even better, if the enemy is busy killing you they'll be leaving your teammates alone

I almost singlehandedly kept a tank pinned out of capture range of F on St Quentin once with my assault. I died sooooooo many times. Blown to smithereens over and over and over, but the tank dude was so focussed on swatting my annoying fly, he never accomplished anything else. I'd hit him with rockets and grenades, he'd retreat over the ridge, I'd give chase and die, respawn and repeat. Eventually some help came along and we took him out. I'd love to say it helped my team, but I don't have a clue what the final score was, so strong was my red misted tunnel vision of "gonna kill that loving tank".

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

On a point keeping the other team from capping is valuable as hell. K/D means nothing in Battlefield.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

I am still committed to getting a service star with every weapon, although Zelda has kept me from playing this game for a month now.

I'm working on sawed off shotgun service star but wildlands

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'm working on sawed off shotgun service star

That was probably my favorite one to do, honestly. If only you could use that gun all the time!

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Nija posted:

I'll give you a dollar for every time you see an artillery truck within capture range of any loving objective on any map.

can I get some of those dollars? I get all up in those flags with my art truck

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^hell yeah :hfive:

Finger Prince posted:

I almost singlehandedly kept a tank pinned out of capture range of F on St Quentin once with my assault. I died sooooooo many times. Blown to smithereens over and over and over, but the tank dude was so focussed on swatting my annoying fly, he never accomplished anything else. I'd hit him with rockets and grenades, he'd retreat over the ridge, I'd give chase and die, respawn and repeat. Eventually some help came along and we took him out. I'd love to say it helped my team, but I don't have a clue what the final score was, so strong was my red misted tunnel vision of "gonna kill that loving tank".

This is a phenomenon that drives a lot of my play. Particularly with the train. and snipers.

Oh I see your lil scope glint *receives headshoot* I'm a get you motherfucker! *receives headshoot* RARRGHHH

to be fair, there's a lot of stuff you can do that seems innocuous but can be unexpectedly helpful to the overall team goal as well.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

That was probably my favorite one to do, honestly. If only you could use that gun all the time!

Aw gently caress i thought I could beat you.

They really need to make the pilot weapons like, any class selectable cause they are cool. Obviously I love the shotty but I also like the Mauser cause it looks cool, even if it isn't that good. Make it a reward for maxing out pilot and tanker tank or something.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Aw gently caress i thought I could beat you.

Do the Kolibri! I got to 44 kills with it before I got burned out and had to change it up.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

winter.mute posted:

can I get some of those dollars? I get all up in those flags with my art truck

Liar. I join your PS4 parties and you leave without saying anything on round end after I wait in queue for 15 minutes!

Zero dollars for you.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lotta salt up in here tho.

Play how you want, so long as you believe in yourself and it comes from the heart 💕

Unless you're on sniper mountain. Then I hope you eat darts

*friendly gas grenades

Chemmy posted:

On a point keeping the other team from capping is valuable as hell. K/D means nothing in Battlefield.

It's actually pretty easy to cap and defend the point closest to the spawn with a party truck, and provide cover fire for the next closest point. Take damage, quick repair, retreat to the spawn and fully repair, clear out the enemies from the closest point from the spawn, move forward and recap, rinse repeat.

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 30, 2017

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I agree. That's why sitting in the middle of nowhere is useless.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
fight on the goddamn flags you fuckers

or just do what's fun idk

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Ol Standard Retard posted:

or just do what's fun idk
*As long as it's not sitting in the spawn sniping doing fuckall

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

e.pilot posted:

This is how I play conquest from time to time and it's fun and I'll probably keep doing it from time to time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

I mean, if you've got a bunch of buddies trying to succeed at Regular-playin', then yeah that's a dick move.

with a squad of goons dedicated to mischief though... christ was it fun carrier camping / stinger mountaining in BF3. I don't think many OG Sniper Team Charlie Operators are still around :(

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

Do the Kolibri! I got to 44 kills with it before I got burned out and had to change it up.

Oh I'm not going for all the weapons, just wanted to do the sawed off. I might consider the other pilot weapons though

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

e.pilot posted:

I try not to act like a 14-year-old in online games but there are two situations in which I am irresistibly encouraged to teabag:

1. An enemy does it to me first (in which case I get my buddies to have a teabag party on his corpse for the rest of the game)
2. I use a non-sniper weapon to take down a sniper sitting in his spawn

Unrelated: FROM DOWNTOWN!!!

http://i.imgur.com/mZlSQWP.gifv

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ps4krew I thin premium friends is active today? I'm hopping on after dinner, I'll party with anyone who wants to see the dlc.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Ps4krew I thin premium friends is active today? I'm hopping on after dinner, I'll party with anyone who wants to see the dlc.

I'll be glad ta join ya in a couple.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I'll be glad ta join ya in a couple.

Awesome, lemme know in game and I'll take you to have some frenchy fun

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Awesome, lemme know in game and I'll take you to have some frenchy fun

:ssh: I bought the pass because I'm a guy with more money than sense but I appreciate your goonerosity!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'm working on sawed off shotgun service star but wildlands

You should probably come back while you can, they're about to seriously nerf the trench fighter.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Ive been out of town for work but when I'm back home this weekend I'll break away from wildlands to come drop darts with you if you're on or any xbros for that matter. Shame if they do nerf it. Maybe they should make the other planes more useful instead. Or not nerf the aa so hard (never thought I'd advocate for that).

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone else getting ID_SPARTA errors on every single screen? Ps4.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You should probably come back while you can, they're about to seriously nerf the trench fighter.

I spend a lot of time in the trench fighter, and I'll be the first to say it needs that nerf. I can't remember the last time I even bothered picking a different fighter. I'd love the rocket fighter to be actually useful, coming in fast spitting death rockets... that would be mint.

I had a chance to try out the Premium Friends thing this morning. A mate who hasn't played for a while and who hasn't bought the DLC got to have a look around Fort Vaux with me. Worked seamlessly and flawlessly, and gently caress me this is the smartest thing they've done in ages. He'll probably pick up the DLC at some point anyway, but giving him a guided tour like that so he can see all the new stuff is the surest way to tip him over into spending the cash.

Premium Friends is good, we all win from this.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

I spend a lot of time in the trench fighter, and I'll be the first to say it needs that nerf. I can't remember the last time I even bothered picking a different fighter. I'd love the rocket fighter to be actually useful, coming in fast spitting death rockets... that would be mint.

I had a chance to try out the Premium Friends thing this morning. A mate who hasn't played for a while and who hasn't bought the DLC got to have a look around Fort Vaux with me. Worked seamlessly and flawlessly, and gently caress me this is the smartest thing they've done in ages. He'll probably pick up the DLC at some point anyway, but giving him a guided tour like that so he can see all the new stuff is the surest way to tip him over into spending the cash.

Premium Friends is good, we all win from this.

We really do. I think the next step would be to eliminate premium friends. Just make maps free for everyone, but unless you have the premium pass, you cannot get new weapons or equipment. Give extra bonus features, like extra loadout for all classes, extra 100 scrap a day, maybe make the time gap between premium map early release and the public 3-4 weeks. Or change premium friends to, if you have a premium friend, then you can gain xp on the new maps, and without, you can't gain xp.

Basically I think this is a step in the right direction, but ultimately they need to make all maps free, so they can be inserted in the rotation everywhere.

btw did your avatar change again? are people angry you enjoy games?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Are darts OP or is it just that most of the time no one on the other team is trying to take out planes?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Ineffiable posted:

We really do. I think the next step would be to eliminate premium friends. Just make maps free for everyone, but unless you have the premium pass, you cannot get new weapons or equipment. Give extra bonus features, like extra loadout for all classes, extra 100 scrap a day, maybe make the time gap between premium map early release and the public 3-4 weeks. Or change premium friends to, if you have a premium friend, then you can gain xp on the new maps, and without, you can't gain xp.

Basically I think this is a step in the right direction, but ultimately they need to make all maps free, so they can be inserted in the rotation everywhere.

I was thinking the same, just make the maps free (I've paid, IDGAF if they give them to others now) but keep all the new guns and toys and maybe also the ability to earn XP on those maps locked behind the paywall. Everyone gets to play together, no split community, but the DLC maps are only for funsies unless you pay money to make them count for progression.

Ineffiable posted:

btw did your avatar change again? are people angry you enjoy games?

Same as it's always been, that combo red text from liking Heavy Rain and later an addition for liking Sleeping Dogs. I still chuckle when I see it, because those are good games and I've defended far more controversial games in my time. (And slated some real popular ones.)

sunday at work posted:

Are darts OP or is it just that most of the time no one on the other team is trying to take out planes?

Darts are OP. Especially if the groundpounders have marked some enemies. I can fly in low and level and get a kill on almost every run, only made harder if they are running at full right angles to my path of attack. I once got a sextuple kill with these, they are crazy good.

Sure, you can get shot down, but you're in the best aircraft for dogfighting as well, and they keep nerfing AA guns. In my air autist defence, when I am in my dart fighter I do make shooting down other planes my priority, because that's my loving job, but I'm smooth enough with the darts that I can get off a few bursts at the plane I'm chasing, then while following them into a low turn do a quick fart to get a ground kill and then resume my dogfight.

I still think making the rockets way better is needed. At least with those you gotta point yourself down at the deck to get shots on target and that makes it easier for AA or other fighters to pounce on you. But the pissweak rockets just don't make them worth taking, and that's a shame. Boost that damage right up and you'd have an interesting thing to pick besides the dart shitter.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I think it's a combination of darts being an effective anti-infantry weapon, and the plane is a fighter so it can engage other planes easily.

Instead of weakening it, they should buff the rockets on the anti blimp fighter so it can do some ground attack damage. Make the attack planes more maneuverable and give their machine guns some more teeth so they can have some chance against fighters. That will give more incentive to use anything other than the dart.

Put aa damage back up a bit but leave out the stupid wobble control loss it previously inflicted and leave the range where it is so that it can defend the point it's on but not half the map like it used to.

Also rebalance tanks because while I love me some arty truck I'd love light tanks to be viable anywhere other than using the flanker on Amiens

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Parkingtigers posted:

(I've paid, IDGAF if they give them to others now)

I don't think you understand how a business works.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
tank buster attack plane is the one true skill cannon, if you use any other plan you're a scrub and should imlale yourself on your bayonet

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

TBeats posted:

I don't think you understand how a business works.

I'm speaking only for me of course. The shitstorm of whining if they gave the maps for free, now, after some people paid money for them would be... well, you know.

I'll add this. Hey, that thing where you can quickly and easily get 100 scraps per day just by playing the game? So a free battlepack every other day at the very least? Well gently caress me, don't read the comments under any video mentioning this good and unexpected bonus. Multiple constant variations of "i don't think its enuf it should not be capped or make tje limit like 500 each day or somethin". Greedy grasping little bastards can't even enjoy a modest change without wanting to be able to poopsock out enough to buy a dozen superior battlepacks a week.

I know, the idiot is me for reading the comments.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The videogame community is incredibly toxic and full of entitled people. Seriously you're just better of ignoring it all.

I know you know this, it's just nice to acknowledge it sometimes. Like, basically, I love video games as much as you do but as a whole, gently caress the 'gamers' community.

Anyways I think there are better ways to do a premium pass. Maps are the major things that split a community, so the key part is that maps need to be available for everyone. Give premium double exp weekends, exclusive skins, battle packs. Aren't ubisoft season passes like this now? Cosmetic stuff and stuff that helps skip the 'paywall'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Basically. Rainbow Six Siege's premium pass is all about XP boosters and getting to use the new operatives without the massive grind a regular player would have to unlock them. All the maps and stuff were free. Looks like For Honor is going the same route, plus pushing their microtransations which they all have.

I hope they can all find a way to make these things work without splitting playerbases so much. I don't mind throwing money at them so players as a whole can benefit. I know in other games I'm the occasional player who likes to benefit from not feeling locked out of the really important stuff, not being penalised for only dipping a toe in once in a while and therefore not commited enough for the full DLC thing.

Plus, you keep me playing long enough I'll inevitably feel like chucking a little extra scratch a dev's way now and then. I had friends who spent so much time in Destiny they bought a bunch of well overpriced emotes just because they felt that invested in the world they felt they owed a few extra bucks for dumb stuff like that.