Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Our only real product is large scale fraud.

Haha, I can't wait for this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Looking forward to this way more than Game of Thrones.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Cojawfee posted:

Actual new thread title.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Richard, You are a Bad Guy" pretty much has to be in the new thread title right???

See I was more chuckling at "You're wearing the same outfits and are saying Rad now? Really!?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

M_Gargantua posted:

See I was more chuckling at "You're wearing the same outfits and are saying Rad now? Really!?"

Yeah, but while Thomas Middleditch is cool, Richard is a Bad Person

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Whoa there that's proprietary information friend, you're about to get sued by half of Silicon Valley.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I doubt it's ever going to be as good again as the first two seasons, but I am definitely looking forward to this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Geddy Krueger posted:

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydFes629og

April 23 can't come fast enough.
Good lord, Erlich's mustache. I am ready.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

get that OUT of my face posted:

Good lord, Erlich's mustache. I am ready.

I just keep seeing a Weezer album.

The Brown Album.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
That shot of Jing Yang in the pool. :thumbsup:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is Haley Joel Osment going to play himself?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's been so long, and there's been so many iterations of the plot. What were they selling again now? Video streaming?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shageletic posted:

It's been so long, and there's been so many iterations of the plot. What were they selling again now? Video streaming?

Looks like VR in the trailer

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I wonder if the thing Pied Piper is making and the thing Richard is making will end up being two halves of a whole, causing them to reunite to work together again.

Probably though Richard will screw up spectacularly and come crawling back

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Erlich literally mansplaining the concept of mansplaining is amazing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Best part of the trailer!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

After negging a company by putting his balls on the conference table, it's only appropriate.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently there is a line... and I crossed it. The line between 12 and 15 million dollars!!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So Alamo Drafthouse is doing a pre-showing of the first two episodes of Season 4 with a Livestream afterwards this coming Tuesday night. I only found out by checking the calendar of my local one - it's $5 for admission, but that's reimbursed in the form of a food and beverage voucher. You might have to register for their "Victory" program to get access to it, but that's free.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope they put up more tech startup parody ads on the 101

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

Looks like VR in the trailer

The VR is rad now.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So Alamo Drafthouse is doing a pre-showing of the first two episodes of Season 4 with a Livestream afterwards this coming Tuesday night. I only found out by checking the calendar of my local one - it's $5 for admission, but that's reimbursed in the form of a food and beverage voucher. You might have to register for their "Victory" program to get access to it, but that's free.
I wish I had encountered this sooner because it was all sold out (well, you can't sell something that's free, but details) when I checked the Brooklyn Alamo Drafthouse.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Okay, so without spoiling anything: they listened to everyone's collective gripes.

Also, they only have four episodes canned and ready as of this moment - 5&6+ are still in some measure of post-production.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 19, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so without spoiling anything: they listened to everyone's collective gripes.

Also, they only have four episodes canned and ready as of this moment - 5&6 are still in some measure of post-production.

PM me the spoilers would you? I have a bet to win with a friend.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
What gripes did they listen to? Are they going to do new plot things instead of repeating the same three episodes over and over?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

From the looks of the preview they're actually allowing the team to succeed at something for a minute. That was one of my biggest gripes over the last few seasons -- every single thing they did got screwed up in one way or another until I was desperate to see SOME sort of victory that didn't immediately get ruined.

I mean, I love the show, and I enjoyed watching them fail, but the protagonists aren't so wretched that you don't want them to succeed in the end, and even if they stopped plumbing that well for comedy, there's still plenty of material in actually having to run a successful startup. I figured by the time they got to four seasons, we'd have had an inversion of the first episode of the show, where Richard's the one throwing the big party for the launch of his startup and having to get on stage and deliver the same kind of awkward, nerdy little speech and hire hot people to mingle with the crowd.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's pretty realistic though, for every Uber or even Juicero, there's a million complete failures we never hear about.

But that said, a change wouldn't hurt and as you say, they can milk success pretty endlessly too.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually pretty disappointed with how they blew their "baghead failing upward" wad. That coulda been milked for a while longer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really like Thomas middleditch. Why does he have to be the Verizon guy? It's going to make me hate him.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

veni veni veni posted:

I really like Thomas middleditch. Why does he have to be the Verizon guy? It's going to make me hate him.

It annoys me more that his verizon guy is basically in character as Richard.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
He's got infinite confidence as Verizon Guy, making him definitely not Richard.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
What time is the Season 4 premier in terms of USA time? I'm in UK and wondering when the first torrents will appear.

Really enjoyed all three seasons so far. I thought I wasn't enjoying season 1 too much until about 3 episodes in but since then it's been consistently one of the best comedies of recent years.

Is there even a thread for season 4 yet?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

grilldos posted:

He's got infinite confidence as Verizon Guy, making him definitely not Richard.

He's like me: infinite, unfounded confidence while still extremely awkward.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

apropos man posted:

What time is the Season 4 premier in terms of USA time? I'm in UK and wondering when the first torrents will appear.

Really enjoyed all three seasons so far. I thought I wasn't enjoying season 1 too much until about 3 episodes in but since then it's been consistently one of the best comedies of recent years.

Is there even a thread for season 4 yet?

Episode should be over at 12:30am EST, so in the UK stuff should start "appearing on iTunes" around... 6:30am, Monday your time?

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
Cheers. Hopefully it'll brighten up a Monday evening then.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I personally can't wait for this season's "he's wearing keypads! This is obviously a set up!"-esque derail.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I am sad I don't get to see the episodes three days early this season. :(

Also someone make a new thread?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Coolie Ghost posted:

"new internet"

please don't be about urbit please don't be about urbit

lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Russ is never not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

mrmcd posted:

I am sad I don't get to see the episodes three days early this season. :(

Also someone make a new thread?

As of this past Tuesday, they only had four episodes of this season completed. The rest were all in some form of post-production. That's one way to keep them from leaking en masse, I suppose.

• Locked thread