Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

would you jerk my dick neoliberally, somebody please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm a Clinton supporter and voted Clinton, but I since then became a Trump supporter simply because the lols were plentiful for the harvest. Dem voters on this forum think any of these Flynn things will ever amount to something, and it will great when this turns into a big wad of nothing.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

basement jihadist posted:

i don't know what the word neoliberal means

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I lol'd in the wrong thread

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I may have committed some... Light treason.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skypie posted:

Yeah now all those Pacific nations will turn to...China for trade agreements and they can all leverage America instead of us leveraging China. Brilliant!

(The TPP had some real poo poo in it that needed to go but, uh, it's basically just gonna give China more economic influence)

Hm if it was so critical maybe repibs and dems shouldn't have kept putting awfuk poo poo in there

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I hear Trump is noe going after the freedom caucus. Is this true? Because i hope it is

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I hear Trump is noe going after the freedom caucus. Is this true? Because i hope it is

It is.

Also you are correct that they should not have kept stuffing awful poo poo into it, but maybe the better solution would've been renegotiating it to strip out the dumb bullshit like "corporations can sue governments over lost profits." As it stands, those nations will basically just carry the deal to China, and China will gladly take the opportunity to press American interests in the region.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol dude gently caress china

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
well yeah I'm not sayin China is good or that China having more influence is good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
foreign business in china:

- 50/50 odds of getting your permits approved by extremely protectionist gov't, hopefully you greased the right palms
- lol all your poo poo gets jacked have fun now competing against your own product at half the price

just sayin'

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skypie posted:

It is.

Also you are correct that they should not have kept stuffing awful poo poo into it, but maybe the better solution would've been renegotiating it to strip out the dumb bullshit like "corporations can sue governments over lost profits." As it stands, those nations will basically just carry the deal to China, and China will gladly take the opportunity to press American interests in the region.

Renegotiate? With who? You mean with the industry partners that actually wrote it? Not much of a negotiation.

Also what deal do you think is going to be carried to China?

Besides China is doing a great job of shooting themselves in the foot right now by freaking everyone out with their military actions

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Besides China is doing a great job of shooting themselves in the foot right now by freaking everyone out with their military actions

that too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
If Trump ends up the man who took out not only Bush and Clinton but Rand Paul as well, he will be the best president of the modern era

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah i'd def eat my ushanka

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

lmao from me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Guys, I'm starting to think Trumps not fine.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

nothing matters hail satan

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Burt Sexual posted:

you are going to have to think again long and hard about things mattering

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you are going to have to think again long and hard about things mattering

Things definitely do not matter any longer. It is a blessing and a curse.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
BUT
HER
EMAILS
DAWG

BERNIE
WOULD
HAVE
WON

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Dizz posted:

BERNIE
WOULD
HAVE
WON

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I feel the need to mention that Hillary has been under 5 federal investigations. That is 4 (four) more than Mr. President Trump. Where there is smoke there is fire, right?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yes, both of them are crooks.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
China has a 367 billion dollar trade defecit with America. The Fuhrer could tell them to gently caress off and they'd feel the pinch harder than America would. Though it would be hideously ruinous for both nations because America loves that cheap garbage and there is a growing percentage of it that is actually desperately needed. Also there are a lot of countries willing and able to sell America boatloads of garbage but very few with cash on hand to start buying billions with. Or America could start making boat loads of poo poo for itself, even if it means crossing the dangerous Rubicon of paying some one a living wage. The only reason their stuff is so competitively priced is because of the exploitative labor practices that democrats seem to love defending so vehemently when white people aren't the victim.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Poetic Justice posted:

I feel the need to mention that Hillary has been under 5 federal investigations. That is 4 (four) more than Mr. President Trump. Where there is smoke there is fire, right?

lol she deleted the subpeona'd emails, lied to the fbi and congress during the investigations, while slick Willy made some airport runway deal to prevent prosecution proceeding. It's not even cloak and dagger back room dealing you can watch it all on youtube right now. Meanwhile Obama was quiet as a mouse the whole time because he was to busy out stumping for her failure campaign while ignoring the Dakota pipeline fiasco hahahahaha.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 31, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Harrower posted:

China has a 367 billion dollar trade defecit with America. The Fuhrer could tell them to gently caress off and they'd feel the pinch harder than America would. Though it would be hideously ruinous for both nations because America loves that cheap garbage and there is a growing percentage of it that is actually desperately needed. Also there are a lot of countries willing and able to sell America boatloads of garbage but very few with cash on hand to start buying billions with. Or America could start making boat loads of poo poo for itself, even if it means crossing the dangerous Rubicon of paying some one a living wage. The only reason their stuff is so competitively priced is because of the exploitative labor practices that democrats seem to love defending so vehemently when white people aren't the victim.

Wow. Someone with actual common sense that makes a cogent argument. Amazing

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Americans love slave labor, they just don't want the guilt of owning the slaves directly

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

:trumppop:

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wow. Someone with actual common sense that makes a cogent argument. Amazing

Hmm yes the party that says the minimum wage is evil is going to pay people living wages if/when they bring sweatshops over here.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Panzeh posted:

I like how all attacks on trump are gonna destroy the dems in the midterms.

:qq: If you guys don't stop being mean to my best friend trump then you'll never win anything. :qq:

well attacking trump worked great in the general, certainly no reason to change course and actually develop policies or positions that will attract people to the democrat party. Nope. Just keep crying about trump and everything will work out!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Sound posted:

well attacking trump worked great in the general, certainly no reason to change course and actually develop policies or positions that will attract people to the democrat party. Nope. Just keep crying about trump and everything will work out!

It worked well for Trump to keep crying about Hillary, so yes, probably.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Hmm yes the party that says the minimum wage is evil is going to pay people living wages if/when they bring sweatshops over here.

You want the browns in the sweatshops and fields, I get it. You've clearly stated that

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Sound posted:

The democrat tried to do that with "not taking away your current healthcare" and "expand education so you can get job training" and then Trump voters decided a bigly wall was more convincing argument, so endlessly attacking them is the only right answer hth.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Mordor, you straight up said, "WHAT HAPPENS WHEN BROWNS STOP WORKING FOR 2 DOLLARS AN HOUR? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PRICES WILL GO UP?"

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Sound posted:

Well if they promise good viable policies then they may be forced to enact things that will tax the rich and deter their wealthy supporters.

They would much rather run on a simple platform of not being big baddie Trump, that way they can ????? and ???? and dog whistle moral support for black lives matter.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
2018 is going to be hilarious

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Mordor, you straight up said, "WHAT HAPPENS WHEN BROWNS STOP WORKING FOR 2 DOLLARS AN HOUR? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PRICES WILL GO UP?"

I don't really care if prices go up, but the idea that moving the sweatshops here, under a party that hates workers rights, livable wages, unions, people in general, is going to improve anything other than just moving the problem from one location to another is pretty retarded.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Leave the sweatshops over there, so I can feel like morally righteous. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Leave the sweatshops over there, so I can feel like morally righteous. Got it.

Like I think your only motivation is you just really want to be like Trump and the billionaire classes' personal pet, like a more retarded Salacious Crumb or something.

• Locked thread