Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Combo posted:

Its not really of paramount importance that you finish all the realm dungeons asap. I'd say the biggest quality of life thing is just getting your stam to a point where you can burn it all before bed and not cap over night while you're sleeping. I'm almost done with realm dungeons (have 2 regular and 2 elite from the last dungeon update left) and really that's the only benefit. 180 stam gives me 9 hours so I don't have to really worry about "wasting" stam.

I mean, I'm not trying to finish all of them, but I do want to make a very large dent in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Meme Emulator posted:

Is Celes so good she outclasses everyone else in the spellblades? I have gotten pretty lucky between the event and the FF6 banner and I have her OSB, Runic and Indomitable Blade. I was planning on beefing her up with all my event goodies but now Im pretty darn sure of it

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Celes can also dive for White 4, which is nice just to have another person who can bring Protectga or Shellga to a fight in a pinch.

Skillwise, Celes is roughly on par with Agrias - Spellblade 5 and Knight 5 shared between them, Celes trades WHT5 access for WHT4/BLK4 (WHT3/BLK4 before Record Dive). It doesn't make too much of a difference in most cases, since paladin builds like that generally like White for Proshellga. Her biggest flaw is that she lacks Combat 4 (hers only goes up to 3), and thus, can't Lifesiphon. (There's a game balance reason for that, mind you.)

Statwise/Equipwise, Celes is a RES-tank that still manages to be reasonably punchy, having a good spread of stats all around that even allow her to pinch-hit as a spellcaster if you're early enough that you don't need to optimize your teams.

SB-wise, Celes is one of two characters with magic-absorb properties (Runic/Indomitable Blade, along with her second BSB when we get it), the other one being Exdeath. Her non-runic SBs usually aren't quite as good, though Maria's Song was notable for being the first 610 buff (ATK/MAG +30%, you see it everywhere nowdays) released.

tl;dr: she's pretty good but not the Absolute Best, mostly it was a joke more about how Knight/Spellblade is a Really Good Combo that covers every element except Dark. (Incidentally, with BLK4 she has access to Drainga and Darkra, so she theoretically can hit every element as needed.)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I now have Beatrix's Seiken Shock, Knight Protector, and Sword of the Clear Mind. Game really wants me using her, I guess. Just missing her OSB, but that's fine. Her SB gauge has enough other stuff to do.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does increasing magic increase damage exponentially like increasing attack does?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

NaanViolence posted:

Does increasing magic increase damage exponentially like increasing attack does?

Yes, unless it's defense ignoring ninja magic.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yes, unless it's defense ignoring ninja magic.

Is that because it's piercing, or because the soft cap is so low?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ninjas hit the soft cap without buffs pretty much. You NEED +ninja and +element rm's and equipment to boost its damage.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Skillwise, Celes is roughly on par with Agrias - Spellblade 5 and Knight 5 shared between them, Celes trades WHT5 access for WHT4/BLK4 (WHT3/BLK4 before Record Dive). It doesn't make too much of a difference in most cases, since paladin builds like that generally like White for Proshellga. Her biggest flaw is that she lacks Combat 4 (hers only goes up to 3), and thus, can't Lifesiphon. (There's a game balance reason for that, mind you.)

Agrias only has Spellblade 4. It's Delita who has Spellblade 5.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My just messing around alt account that I started around OSB fest and have played very, very sparingly up until the last week or so is starting to get good.

The A Team on that account is Gaffgarion, Minfilia, Relm, and Refia with BSBs and Ramza with Shout.

Still has Terra/Bartz/Cloud/Squall OSBs as well as some other stuff.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My 11 pull on banner 3 netted a solid (but underwhelming considering my usual broken luck) Noel SSB.

I followed it up with a dollar pull and gained Bartz's OSB! My spree continues.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

So, given my pulls so far, this is the team I think I'm going to shift towards:

OK - BSB - Mastery Condition/???, full break - Mako Might
Cid Raines - BSB - ??? ??? - ???
Golbez - BSB - Draw Fire ??? - Lionheart/Knight's Charge (I don't have lionheart yet)
Vanille - BSB - Curaja Proshellga - Ace Striker
Braska - Summoner's Dream - Proshellga (Insert relevant summon here) - Battleforged?

So question time: do I need Summoner's Dream? I have low synergy most places still, and not a lot of dives done, so my base magic will probably be lower than it could be. I have native wall on Tyro if Braska isn't necessary.
Assuming I keep Braska, should I leave him with battleforged and give Raines Dr. Mog? I'm guessing Raines' BSB is pretty self sustaining once it gets going
What abilities should I slap into those ??? spots?
What very obvious thing have I missed here? I'm sure there's something.

Thanks for any help!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mithross posted:

So, given my pulls so far, this is the team I think I'm going to shift towards:

Golbez - BSB - Draw Fire ??? - Lionheart/Knight's Charge (I don't have lionheart yet)
Braska - Summoner's Dream - Proshellga (Insert relevant summon here) - Battleforged?

So question time: do I need Summoner's Dream? I have low synergy most places still, and not a lot of dives done, so my base magic will probably be lower than it could be. I have native wall on Tyro if Braska isn't necessary.
Assuming I keep Braska, should I leave him with battleforged and give Raines Dr. Mog? I'm guessing Raines' BSB is pretty self sustaining once it gets going
What very obvious thing have I missed here? I'm sure there's something.

Thanks for any help!

Summoner's Dream pairs very well with Onion Knight BSB, but it also functions just fine as a Roaming Warrior, just like Wall does. Bring whichever of Tyro/Braska you prefer based on your preferred playstyle! I personally like to play defensively, but others like to bring tons of DPS. Both can work fine (although depending on the enemy, one can work better than the other).

Give whichever of Braska or Tyro you bring Dr. Mog's Teachings and Raines Battleforged, because....

One of Raines' ???s should be a skill called Wrath, which will let him get his BSB going very quickly, at which point he's more or less self-sustaining. The other can be either some magic the enemy is weak to or the Dark skill Memento Mori, which will give Raines Doom (and a boost to Magic that won't stack with Summoner's Dream), which boosts the damage on his BSB entry pretty significantly.

Braska also has 5 star black, I believe, so with your setup if you bring him you may run low on hones, so you might want to instead use black magic on him.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Summoner's Dream pairs very well with Onion Knight BSB, but it also functions just fine as a Roaming Warrior, just like Wall does. Bring whichever of Tyro/Braska you prefer based on your preferred playstyle! I personally like to play defensively, but others like to bring tons of DPS. Both can work fine (although depending on the enemy, one can work better than the other).

Give whichever of Braska or Tyro you bring Dr. Mog's Teachings and Raines Battleforged, because....

One of Raines' ???s should be a skill called Wrath, which will let him get his BSB going very quickly, at which point he's more or less self-sustaining. The other can be either some magic the enemy is weak to or the Dark skill Memento Mori, which will give Raines Doom (and a boost to Magic that won't stack with Summoner's Dream), which boosts the damage on his BSB entry pretty significantly.

Braska also has 5 star black, I believe, so with your setup if you bring him you may run low on hones, so you might want to instead use black magic on him.

I have Wrath, I'll make sure to slap it on Raines. As for Braska, maybe I should put the proshellga half on OK (who can cast it once and forgot about it as he BSBs to victory) and let Braska have two free slots for spells/summons. It might leave OK a little short of his BSB recast, depending on how much aoe is going on, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Speaking of Memento Mori, is it even worth honing it? It seems like you'd only want to use it when you know you can kill the boss before the buff wears off / doom counter finishes, which means casting it once at and then going to town. Maybe for those weird multi-stage all-boss fights like the current Nemesis event, but those seem pretty rare and I know major dark orbs are used in a lot of things.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Speaking of Memento Mori, is it even worth honing it? It seems like you'd only want to use it when you know you can kill the boss before the buff wears off / doom counter finishes, which means casting it once at and then going to town. Maybe for those weird multi-stage all-boss fights like the current Nemesis event, but those seem pretty rare and I know major dark orbs are used in a lot of things.
I mostly use the Memento Mori/Dark Zone combo for CMs, and unless you're so orb-rich that you can hone Dark Zone to like r5, you're gonna run out of casts, so MM hones are cheap and give your dark mage something to do.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got Kuja BSB and two Tridents, myself. Was really hoping for Garnet's burst, but Kuja's is my first imperil dark and at least now Quina has a decent weapon for CMs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So, people who've been using Refia's BSB to murder poo poo for awhile now. A question for you: is Meteor Crush worth carrying on her? Once the BSB is up and running she'll likely be at or well over the atk cap and it feels like dropping meteor crush for something else (fires within?) would be more useful overall.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Meteor Crush is just 50% attack right? Which means it doesn't stack with shout or anything similar.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Evil Fluffy posted:

So, people who've been using Refia's BSB to murder poo poo for awhile now. A question for you: is Meteor Crush worth carrying on her? Once the BSB is up and running she'll likely be at or well over the atk cap and it feels like dropping meteor crush for something else (fires within?) would be more useful overall.

If you're running a party boostga, no. If you've dropped her into a mage party, absolutely

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I realized the VI event was ending soon, so I decided to take a speculative stab at the Dullahan with a level 54 (but SSB/BSB/OSB) Locke.

Holy poo poo that was a faceroll, especially after the aggravation that was the Ultimate++ Emperor last event. Vanille kept everyone completely topped up the whole time, Barrett and Ramza were on Debuff/Dispel duty and most attacks barely scratched me. Agrias was pretty superfluous, but Locke blew through the boss like tissue paper even with his lovely OSB modifier. I started the fight with his Burst just to add another debuff layer and have fire attacks hitting the vulnerability, and built up into an EnFire=>OSB to finish it out.

I'm pretty sure I could have done it without Locke, this was just a really easy U++ all around it felt like.

Yeah, I only have locke's osb and honestly I'm pretty happy with it. Against a holy weakness, with my holy+ shield and the holy+ dagger it just wrecks poo poo. It's fast casting time is actually pretty great. I completely forgot about that until I did the ffvi ult++, it took me by surprise.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I accidentally pulled on ix banner instead of the anniversary banner because I didn't realize it wasn't at the top anymore but I got the beatrix osb Quina bsb and a dupe freya spear so not bad

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Meteor Crush is just 50% attack right? Which means it doesn't stack with shout or anything similar.

Meteor crush is great in party comps that don't use a 50% attack buff. This let's monks, as well as thieves with steal power, join in on a mage party. If you bring an atk/mag buff you can stack meteor crush and then get all 5 lifebane hits. As long as you have a synergy weapon, that is. Or an osb dagger :getin:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I took a pretty in depth look at the upcoming banners and if you're like me and way low on your mythril, I would highly suggest hoarding for the next fest. Especially with the upcoming influx of Legendary Materia, this will probably be the best bang for your buck fest ever (probably even better than the one after) with a very high chance of BSBs, some really good USBs and solid SSBs.

Most of the headliner relics over the next few months will reappear there, at least if global's banners are like Japan's. The main one's could be missing are the debuff BSBs (Lion, Irvine, Quina) and Squall's BSB2.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Hello I am here for mage talk

Mithross posted:

More damage with Summoner's Dream is good and fun but if you're doing ultimates and higher then your team with Braska on it probably won't survive piercing attacks, since your only debuff is Full Break. That's where you'll want Tyro for Breakdowns or Dances; you'll still take big, but not deadly, damage after Magic/Power Breakdown + Full Break but you can save Vanille BSB for that. Wall will help with the non-piercing damage.

My normal OK skills are Wrath and Protectga or Shellga. BSB -> Pro/Shellga -> Swiftspell spam leaves me a little short of another gauge to refresh BSB unless there's a lot of AoE in the fight. Wrath on Raines was already addressed but his other slot is flexible for me. It's usually Memento Mori for me because damage but I've also used a Breakdown or elemental spell for mastery.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
More mage chat.

Now that I have Sheepsong and Yuna's BSB2 and several good mage BSBs (finally), I need to know if it's worth bothering to mote dive OK to use black 5. I've had his BSB since its release and I've had fun stacking it with RW Sheepsong but now that I have them both native I'd like to talk optimal mage team setups.

I still have Y'shtola for native wall but that only leaves one free SB gauge for one mage buff. Should that be OK or Krile? And what are my best options for RW? Stick with Sheepsong? Raines? Something else?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

More mage chat.

Now that I have Sheepsong and Yuna's BSB2 and several good mage BSBs (finally), I need to know if it's worth bothering to mote dive OK to use black 5. I've had his BSB since its release and I've had fun stacking it with RW Sheepsong but now that I have them both native I'd like to talk optimal mage team setups.

I still have Y'shtola for native wall but that only leaves one free SB gauge for one mage buff. Should that be OK or Krile? And what are my best options for RW? Stick with Sheepsong? Raines? Something else?

RW your wall. Any fight where you're stacking that many magic buffs won't last long enough to need more than two SSII.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

More mage chat.

Considering most of OK's dps comes from his Swiftspell, it's probably not worth giving him Black 5. Do you have Krile's BSB? I don't have Krile relics myself so he's not on my team. Does she have Wrath access?

If not, I think you put Acestriker/BF on OK and give Krile the SB. OK can wrath to his buff in two turns. Krile can just use your RW cast after using sheepsong.

The optimal RW is whatever the stage needs for weakness, e.g. Meteor XIV for Earth, Dusk's Decree for lightning, etc.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
^ Krile doesn't get Wrath

Elephant Ambush posted:

I need to know if it's worth bothering to mote dive OK to use black 5.
I'm with iamsosmrt on thinking Black 5 isn't worth it. Here are a couple of posts from me and Captain Psyko on different ways to use OK:

iPodschun posted:

I'm a BSB haver; I unlocked all of the 5* sets but the only ones I use are White Magic (Pro/Shellga), Support (Full Break, ___ Breakdown, Wrath), and Combat (Lifesiphon when I use a physical setup, which isn't often). Celerity could come in handy for you if you want to Powerchain into OSB or Slice.

CaptainPsyko posted:

See, as a BSB haver I'm nearly the opposite. I mainly use Black, Support, and Ninja. The most common loadout is to Gear him for Mag (preferably with a Mage sword or thrown or other weapon with nonzero attack), and have him carry full break for medals and Meltdown if he needs to cast something in between BSB's tontop off the gauge. Very rarely, I'll give him Wrath or Affliction Break if the fight calls for it, and for AoE, I'll give him Gust or Meteor.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

iPodschun posted:

^ Krile doesn't get Wrath
I'm with iamsosmrt on thinking Black 5 isn't worth it. Here are a couple of posts from me and Captain Psyko on different ways to use OK:

Whoa, you quoted a response to my question 5 days ago... It all comes full circle. I wound up just unlocking support 5 on my OK. I'm going to throw on Terra's Blood Sword and try to use him as my main DPS again Nemesis, after unlocking all the synergies. I'd be a lot more confident in my ability to win this fight if I had his BSB or wall on Tyro.

On unlocking OK, I think generally with the lack of 4* motes you definitely need to be picky with who you unlock and and for what purpose. I think OK's best role is Support/DPS on Mage teams, but that usually means you will have at least 2 other characters with sufficient Mage 5 access but won't be able to full break a boss.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

I took a pretty in depth look at the upcoming banners and if you're like me and way low on your mythril, I would highly suggest hoarding for the next fest. Especially with the upcoming influx of Legendary Materia, this will probably be the best bang for your buck fest ever (probably even better than the one after) with a very high chance of BSBs, some really good USBs and solid SSBs.

Most of the headliner relics over the next few months will reappear there, at least if global's banners are like Japan's. The main one's could be missing are the debuff BSBs (Lion, Irvine, Quina) and Squall's BSB2.

Actually I'll be the one to stand up for Legend Materia now. They started out a little shaky like with the Celes banner, and I agree with some of the people from the Discord that it is pretty dumb they're showing up on stuff life the Type-0 introduction where it is way more likely that you end up only pulling LMR for characters that you have no SBs for. Despite that they have consistently had pretty good effects overall, especially compared to the weaker Materia the characters get from Legend Diving. On top of that it's only the first few banners with them that are not so great in general.

Banner 1 of The Future Guided By the Brand gives you the opportunity to pull every relic for Raines as well as good stuff for Lightning and Jhil's actually pretty good opening gear, just as an example, and both banners for Love Guided By the Stars are pretty stacked with awesome stuff.

Basically Extreme Fest is a good next thing to shoot for but as someone who was kind of there with the "I don't think I really like any banners anymore now that Legend Materia are on them" crowd, things are looking way better not too long after that starts up.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

More mage chat.

Black 5 on OK is very worth it, but less for the black 5 itself than the ton of Mag he gains from being fully dived.

THAT SAID, OK is also an ideal user for Meltdown because you probably only have two casts and OK often needs to hit one button in between swiftspell spam and BSB recasts and Meltdown is a REALLY GOOD BUTTON for that and other characters might end up short on hones by burning a slot on it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
When is this extreme fest coming and did it have 25 mythril pulls and how many?

I really want to pull on those as I have so tiny inventory

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

pichupal posted:

Extreme Fest in 3 months. Since we're ahead on events compared to Japan relative to fests, the Cloud USB banner should be hitting us before Extreme Fest.

Quick summary of relic related stuff for Japan Extreme Fest (they had it during Christmas/New Years)

• 3 Lucky Draws: Curaga Medica, Imperil SSB+, and BSB+
  • 1 free Single Pull of a Guaranteed OSB

• Weird Gem Only New Years Draws, where buying pulls for an SSB+ pool of every relic got extra bonus relics chosen randomly from a set

• The actual banners: 4 6* items, 6 BSBs, 2 SSBs. New relics were:
    • Banner 1:
      • Tifa USB (10xST Earth/Non, Party Radiant Shield, Haste and High Regen)
      • Noctis OSB (Non-elemental, 30% Stoneskin, Grants Armiger Mode: ATK +30% and reduced cast time, and lasts until Stoneskin is removed.
    • Banner 2:
      • Rosa USB (Instant Medica, HP Stock 2000, Magic Blink)
      • Yuffie USB (Instant ST Water, ATK/DEF -40%, 40% Medica)
      • Kuja OSB (Dark/Non, higher multiplier when doomed; x38 to x 44, and default for MAG OSB is 40 so it's even one of the strongest non-elemental OSBs, or at least the one that requires the least hoops to jump through)
      • Technically Ayame BSB for Global if it stays the same.
    • Banner 3:
      • Nothing
    • Banner 4:
      • Terra USB (10xST Fire/Non; Enfire; EX Mode Magitek Warrior (15 sec): MAG +30%, Quick Cast Black Magic, I think it was eventually buffed to quick cast everything including non-magic)
      • Pecil USB (10xST Holy/Non; HP Stock 6000; EX Mode Paladin (15 sec): DEF + 100%)
      • Greg USB (10xST Non; EX Mode: Legendary Swordsman(15 sec): ATK +30%, High Retaliate (15 sec): Counter PHY attacks with 1.2 multiplier attack ; Dance of Carnage (25 sec): Crit chance +50%
    • Banner 5:
      • Potentially the debut of WoL Holy LCSB, buffed to also grant HP Stock 2000 to Party

edit: USBs have so many unique named status effects this was annoying to look up

edit: We should also be getting three realm lucky draws:

III/XII/XIV (Might Include CoD items)
V/X/FFT (Should Include Rapha/Marach Items, Might Include Tidus/Yuna event Items)
V/VIII/XIV/FFT (Should Include Gogo Items)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 31, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I honed mine to r2 specifically because of this anniversary's event that involved 3 boss battles in a row. 2 casts isn't enough when you don't have any synergy at all.

The doom counter isn't a big deal, bosses don't last 50 seconds when you are a mage team. The buff only lasts 25 seconds, which is more important.

Edit: Looks like it lasts for the entire duration of the countdown!

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 31, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
edit: wow i wasn't reading. whoops

Anyways, Memento Mori's MAG buff lasts 50 seconds despite most buffs lasting 20/25, and despite the doom counter being 45 seconds.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 31, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Thanks, but just to confirm: lucky means 25?

3 months is quite far, I think it's safe to blow my mythrils for 1 IX banner pull

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Actually I'll be the one to stand up for Legend Materia now. They started out a little shaky like with the Celes banner, and I agree with some of the people from the Discord that it is pretty dumb they're showing up on stuff life the Type-0 introduction where it is way more likely that you end up only pulling LMR for characters that you have no SBs for. Despite that they have consistently had pretty good effects overall, especially compared to the weaker Materia the characters get from Legend Diving. On top of that it's only the first few banners with them that are not so great in general.

Banner 1 of The Future Guided By the Brand gives you the opportunity to pull every relic for Raines as well as good stuff for Lightning and Jhil's actually pretty good opening gear, just as an example, and both banners for Love Guided By the Stars are pretty stacked with awesome stuff.

Basically Extreme Fest is a good next thing to shoot for but as someone who was kind of there with the "I don't think I really like any banners anymore now that Legend Materia are on them" crowd, things are looking way better not too long after that starts up.

Point taken, I haven't really looked ahead too much to the full depth of LMRs past a couple of banner after Extreme fest. Still, it seems like an extra layer of planning involved with your pulls though, as they're so character specific in usage, and seemingly mostly in coordination with having existing relics.

Still, regardless of whether LMRs are great or crap, Extreme Fest Banners are objectively really good and will probably contain a lot of "future proof" relics good for the next year--specifically elemental BSBs and really strong USBs. I just hope they give away a lot of mythril around then.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Thanks, but just to confirm: lucky means 25?

3 months is quite far, I think it's safe to blow my mythrils for 1 IX banner pull

Usually means 25, yes.

You should blow your mythril on any banner you like. It's just a matter of what relics you really want and what you're willing to risk.

Here's a list of the Japan Extreme Fest Banners:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jqrju/xmas_and_new_year_1617_jp_megathread/

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 31, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

pichupal posted:

edit: wow i wasn't reading. whoops

Anyways, Memento Mori's MAG buff lasts 50 seconds despite most buffs lasting 20/25, and despite the doom counter being 45 seconds.

Good to know, thanks!

I usually wrath until I nearly have a bar, Memento Mori, and then use Cid's BSB, so whether it lasts 20/25 seconds or 50 hasn't come up. I'll probably MM first thing if it lasts 50 though, since that might save me a turn if incoming damage pushes the limit bar over.

What does come up is if there are more distinct fights in a dungeon than I have hones.

Edit: Does Lightning's LM apply to her OSB? Her weird OSB scaling could actually be decent if it did.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 31, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I turned the 9 around and pulled from 6 instead getting Kefka BSB and SSB.

Seems like a good pull considering I'm low on offensive casters and actually own Kefka + mc2 for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Edit: Does Lightning's LM apply to her OSB? Her weird OSB scaling could actually be decent if it did.

I'm assuming you mean the double cast LM Relic, and no, they're smart enough not to let you double cast Soul Breaks.

The double cast LM is more for her BSB2 and Thundering Twinstrike, her only Lightning options.

Most of the double cast RMs are pretty great, but Lightning's Lightning options are sorta limited.

• Locked thread