Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah, I had the same experience reading the thread after catching up with the last 5 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

kayakyakr posted:

Finally caught up with the thread.

This is really sad to me.

Indeed.

He had so much fun hamming it up in that role.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Sorry about that. :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man I wonder how Clark Gregg feels about Iron Fist being lame

Probably nothing, but still he is a big fan of the character so it must hurt to know that his favorite character is like the one really big misstep of the MCU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Probably similar to how i feel about how they're treating Captain Marvel lately. Dammit, just tell good stories with her rather than shoving her into the spotlight
dammit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

homullus posted:

He's not grounded. It takes a few episodes before he even wears shoes . . . or showers . . . or changes his clothing. Iron Fist's nuanced strategies for dealing with enemies are 1) go in the front door, punching, and 2) sneak in, punching on the way out. He fights to retain control of a company he visits two or three of times for company (i.e. not anti-Hand) business.

Like, yes, he's more grounded than putting Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Daredevil with the Angel Summoner, but compared to the other Defenders, he is absolutely the group's BMX Bandit.

Almost... almost as if he was a kid raised by Himalayan/Tibetan monks to do nothing but guard a door with punches and therefore has no real adult social skills.

Weird.

Iron Fist is cool and good, you guys.

Mrs. Rainbowbeard really likes Iron Fist, this show and Jessica Jones, she says they're "less fighty" so her eyes don't glaze over like they do when we watch something like The Avengers.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Then why choose Iron Fist if you're not going to use any of the things that makes Iron Fist unique than the hundreds of other characters whose abilities boil down to "super skilled kick puncher"? I don't think it is an unrealistic expectation to expect to see a dragon when it is mentioned several times and is how the character in question got his one super power.

You don't blow your load right away. Gotta tease that dragon reveal out.

I should probably take this over to the Netflix Marvel thread, huh. Okay.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Almost... almost as if he was a kid raised by Himalayan/Tibetan monks to do nothing but guard a door with punches and therefore has no real adult social skills.

Weird.

This would have been cool and good, but they did a poo poo job showing it. I keep thinking back to the original Thor movie, where Thor and Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings go to the coffee shop, and Thor says "I like this drink!" and then smashes the mug on the floor and yells "Another!" They could have gotten a lot of fun scenes like that out of Danny being a fish-out-of-water, but instead...blah.

e: oh wtf, I thought we were in the Marvel thread too. When is this show coming back??

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 30, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Phenotype posted:

e: oh wtf, I thought we were in the Marvel thread too. When is this show coming back??

Next week? Next week.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But Danny told us he and Davos went out to flirt/spy on girls, so it isn't like they had no social interaction besides hardcore training.

Also it would've been nice to see some of this rather than be told it.

quote:

You don't blow your load right away. Gotta tease that dragon reveal out.

Or choose any of the other kick-punch guys in the Marvel universe that don't have mystical elements tied to them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

But Danny told us he and Davos went out to flirt/spy on girls, so it isn't like they had no social interaction besides hardcore training.

Also it would've been nice to see some of this rather than be told it.

Or choose any of the other kick-punch guys in the Marvel universe that don't have mystical elements tied to them.

Don't show everything at once. We saw some eyes. There was something in that cave for sure, but it "wasn't what they expected." Who knows what that even means.

One of the best things the Ultimate Comics universe did was have Loki play with Thor's (and the reader's) head about whether or not Asgard and the Aesir were real and if Thor was or was not a crazy person who insisted he was a Norse god, until the Aesir and the finally showed up via the Bifrost to save the day near the end of Ultimates 2.

Iron Fist does not follow the Hero's Journey ritual the way some people would like. Doesn't make it bad. Sometimes telling and not showing pays off in the long run. It's a gamble, yes, but literally everyone who is not the Hand or Davos has a great reason to think Danny is an idiot (which he is, but for different reasons, he's a barely repressed ball of teenage angst that needs to grow up already) or liar.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If they can get the guy that did the DD season 1 no-cut sequence in, to be in charge of fight poo poo in the future that would be pretty boss.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Grognan posted:

If they can get the guy that did the DD season 1 no-cut sequence in, to be in charge of fight poo poo in the future that would be pretty boss.

I really think that sequence in particular was a result of Stephen DeKnight's involvement before he left after Season 1 of DD. Dude has the action track record.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Sneak peek for 4x16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-srEdRdbzg

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I knew it! I knew she was going to go by that name.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its back next week?!?!

I actually haven't been this excited for a show to come back in awhile.

A little sadder remembering Bill Paxton won't be there.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Long haired Chloe Bennet is the best Chloe Bennet.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Jesus, that whole scene was chilling.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God it's good to have him back

And horrifying

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hhhahahaha Ward doing the hand thing when he walked into the bathroom

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I like that Daisy's immediate instinct upon seeing Ward was to tremor him into paste.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo the title screen at the end. Is Agents of Hydra the title of this last arc?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know we've moved on from him super hard but I still kinda miss Deathlok.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

RareAcumen posted:

I know we've moved on from him super hard but I still kinda miss Deathlok.

He's still in the AoS comics, if that matters at all.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Crashbee posted:

Are those actually or in any way following the current show's canon?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Pan Dulce posted:

Are those actually or in any way following the current show's canon?

No, not at all, and having read what's on Marvel Unlimited so far I'm not sure the writer has even watched the show. Still, it's more Coulson and May if that's what you want.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I was reading the comments and damned if I didn't agree with the person that said Brett Dalton should play as Nathan Drake if they ever make that Uncharted movie

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

That's actually an insanely good idea.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Too bad Dalton will be an octogenarian by the time that movie gets made.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
FINALLY something good on TV again. It's been rough lately :negative:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dongattack posted:

Have you not been watching Legion?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phylodox posted:

Have you not been watching Legion?

Legion hurts your brain to watch. In a good way, but still.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crashbee posted:

The AoS comic ended 3 or 4 months ago due to poo poo sales.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Dongattack posted:

Lol. With The Americans, The Expanse, and Legion having been airing, this is a gobstopper of a statement.

sticklefifer posted:

Oh poo poo the title screen at the end. Is Agents of Hydra the title of this last arc?

Yes, and not a spoiler really since it's been known since at least the break started if not before.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

It's "What If?" iirc

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

It's "What If?" iirc

That's the episode title. You were close though?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Pretty obvious that HYDRA won, went public, took over what SHIELD was doing, and is using the organization to hunt down Inhumans instead of protecting them. The Watchdogs were right!

Not sure how they can drag out the entire last third of the season with this without it getting tedious since it isn't really happening. I'd like to see more of the aftermath of getting unplugged and dealing with a set of ostensibly real memories trying to overwrite your original ones. So much PTSD.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'd imagine part of the story is the redshirts/glorified extras and Yo-Yo trying to get everyone woken up and defend against Aida/Superior.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could see Simmons waking up quick as a result of her being dead in the matrix and then her being the focus of the real world plotline. Plus they could wake up people one at a time or something. I, yeah, elevate a YoYo character or bring in a new one or return someone like Deathlok.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I don't like non sci-fi/fantasy stuff, but i forgot that The Expanse was a thing i wanted to check out, cheers!

edit: oh, Legion is a super hero kinda thing, i skimmed a short blurb and assumed it was about mental illness. ill check out that too then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Dongattack posted:

I don't like non sci-fi/fantasy stuff, but i forgot that The Expanse was a thing i wanted to check out, cheers!

edit: oh, Legion is a super hero kinda thing, i skimmed a short blurb and assumed it was about mental illness. ill check out that too then

It is a superhero thing that is also about mental illness.

• Locked thread