Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qa : join this webex plz
me : what's up
qa : you're working on the source code fix, right?
me : yeah it's been done for a while but i keep getting pulled into meetings and haven't put in the merge request yet
qa : ok don't put in the merge request there's another issue that's come up- did richard reach out to you about it?
me : we just talked about the fix i just put in like- 30 seconds ago....
qa : no no- it's about the u.g.h. fix
me : the what?
qa : you-gee-aich
me : i'm searching all our transforms for that field and i'm not seeing it anywhere
qa : maybe it still had to be added- hold on i have richard joining the webex
richard : what's up
qa : i saw your message about the ugh issue. rex is saying he's ready is your fix ready as well?
richard : .... what?
qa : the ugh. you-gee-aich. the other thing that had to be fixed
richard : no i was saying 'ugh' because someone said this was fixed like last week but it wasn't so i had rex do it
qa : what
richard : like- ugh. you know? ugghhh- you spell that 'ugh'
qa : oh so we're good then

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:eyepop:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Rex-Goliath posted:

me : yeah it's been done for a while but i keep getting pulled into meetings and haven't put in the merge request yet
qa : ok don't put in the merge request there's another issue that's come up- did richard reach out to you about it?
me : i'm searching all our transforms for that field and i'm not seeing it anywhere
qa : i saw your message about the ugh issue. rex is saying he's ready is your fix ready as well?
richard : no i was saying 'ugh' because someone said this was fixed like last week but it wasn't so i had rex do it

im crying

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rex-Goliath posted:

oh dear lord

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

THIRD BASE.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

lmao

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Rex-Goliath posted:

ugh

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

:vince:

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

holy poo poo.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rex-Goliath posted:

never quit this wonderful job

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Rex-Goliath posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

holy poo poo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
webex thread: the u.g.h. fix

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Rex-Goliath posted:

the future of mankind

my goth gf posted:

the needful

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i kinda wanna know the backstory to this qa - are they always doing stuff like this?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

not the same qa as the guy i've been ranting about in the cjs thread. this time it was his boss

this client is extremely cheap and was responsible for a massive h1b controversy a few years ago and they've only placed fig-leaves over their processes since. as a result there's a lot of people here who have a very poor grasp on english or in this guy's case, can speak english fine but doesn't recognize things like 'ugh' in jabber.

and yeah every other day is like an episode of 'the website is down' it owns

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

hi team, please describe conference calls using just three words as this is best practice

ugh fix deployed

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"…I don't think I can carry this metaphor through to completion."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the uguu~ fix

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

had a meeting today about a meeting we are going to have next week. love me some meetings.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i was going to detail my ten minutes of mumbles and foil crinkles of a call today but

my goth gf posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

btw this is the 'more organized' group we moved to :shepface:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

vendor had a webex this morning with maybe 100 invitees from different companies that use their software

meeting starts with a high number of phone-in dumbasses who cant be bothered to use voip headsets and a bunch of people dont mute themselves so the presenter does a mute-all

this mutes everyone including the presenter and the first 15 minutes of the webex are silent until someone finally gets ahold of the presenter

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

vendor had a webex this morning with maybe 100 invitees from different companies that use their software

meeting starts with a high number of phone-in dumbasses who cant be bothered to use voip headsets and a bunch of people dont mute themselves so the presenter does a mute-all

this mutes everyone including the presenter and the first 15 minutes of the webex are silent until someone finally gets ahold of the presenter

lmao this happened to me when someone was demoing software we paid way too much money for and didn't actually need

same webex where we ended up watching my coworker make pizza instead

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

my goth gf posted:

https://twitter.com/the_real_rotor/status/847350208094535680

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mad Wack posted:

hi team, please describe conference calls using just three words as this is best practice

Opus Number One

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
g711 ought to be enough for anyone!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Mad Wack posted:

Weekly Update Reports

it's perfect because it's:

A) recurring, so never going to go away
B) requires new data for 'updates' apparently
C) requires reports to be polished, so that's gonna take time
D) no context means you never know if youre doing it right

the absolute top 3 word meeting agenda

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

Sniep posted:

Weekly Update Reports

it's perfect because it's:

A) recurring, so never going to go away
B) requires new data for 'updates' apparently
C) requires reports to be polished, so that's gonna take time
D) no context means you never know if youre doing it right

the absolute top 3 word meeting agenda

also everyone forgets after 5 minutes if the meeting had more than 10 people

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Topics As Needed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Suck me fuckman

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

got an echo on this call, realized half the room zoned out to the point of phone boredom, even the guy on camera behind the presenter

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

agenda TBD

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

AWWNAW posted:

agenda TBD

hell yeah you know you're in for a good time

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
"Last week, X, Y, Z, and I got together to discuss this issue. This is primarily a process problem, the new system allows for some targeting and security, and it sounds like the content people are having some difficulty grasping the nuances."

"Ok, let's get a meeting to discuss. I want you, X, Y, and Z in on it."

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

spotted on the whiteboard behind a cowoekr who was at home on a video conf today

called him out on it, was revealed as a joke - no worries, I believe him.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

:catstare:

• Locked thread