Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

have you, the idiot who doesn't do research, heard of

TAHIRA
TENTH LINE
VOIDSPIRE TACTICS
CODEX OF VICTORY
LINK
WUPPO

because those are games that are good but sold like poo poo because they are buried under garbage
At the very least Wuppo and Tenth Line made the front page, not sure about the others. It's still not clear how Valve determines what new releases show up on the front page and which don't but the front page is only a sliver of the actual new releases in a given week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also because of that post I added Codex of Victory and Tahira to my wishlist. The system works

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Steam is a pretty well designed program to manage my games and it's a standard which is nice but it's been both of those things for about a decade. I have nothing nice to say about Valve anymore. They're like bioware in that they haven't been doing anything interesting in like a decade but for some reason people still expect them to deliver.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ImpAtom posted:

It's a sort of low-key game where you play as a college drop out who returns home to a dying small town. It's mostly just social interaction with some good writing and simple puzzles.

Sounds dreadful

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mordja posted:

Is that a Maine Coon or something like it?

Nope she's just your average tabby, she just gets fluffy in the wintertime. I mean it's not impossible she has some Maine Coon dna but she's a little cat.

corn in the bible posted:

wash your pillowcases

That's just a trick of the light, I wash + switch them regularly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just saw the late title card for Nier:A route C.

:stare:

Edit: Then I did a crate pushing puzzle, I love ludonarrative dissonance

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 31, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PantsBandit posted:

Steam is a pretty well designed program to manage my games and it's a standard which is nice but it's been both of those things for about a decade. I have nothing nice to say about Valve anymore. They're like bioware in that they haven't been doing anything interesting in like a decade but for some reason people still expect them to deliver.

Valve has wisely realized that the worst thing a game developer can do in the eyes of the public is to actually release a game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Portal 2 is my favourite written video game.
I sent an email to Jay and Eric telling them how much I adored it too. It's such an engaging story, it's acted perfectly and it's the ultimate culmination of the 'valve style of video game' story telling. The music is wonderful, the mystery interesting and the jokes funny.

I love it. I place it alongside SMB3 as my favourite videogame.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like playing the co-op with new people every so often. I have to wait until I've forgotten all the solutions, though!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Ys is a fun action adventure game that happens to have embarrassingly bad plots, characters, and art direction

like, deviantart levels of poo poo

it's weird I like the games a lot too but at the same time I'm very lukewarm about everything Ys that doesn't involve the music or the gameplay

Ys has cool, simple plots with simple characters that accomplish what they need to do and I like it for that.

I also like how ys 6 tried to tie stuff together and that, since then, falcom seemed to be trying to build up the greater lore of the series with hints here and there tying the various games together. Not in any major way, but in more of an "oh, this is a reference to _____" or "oh, ______ is from ______" kind of way. Playing through several of the games and picking up on these small connections between all of Adol's adventures is a fun experience, especially since (at least in the 4 or so games I played), it isn't spelled out for you, it's stuff you'd have to work out on your own.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
half-life 3 carries more weight than duke nukem forever because half-life is a series with a story that literally anybody cares about that still doesn't really have an ending

it doesn't matter anymore cause anyone who had any idea what that ending would be either no longer cares or no longer works at valve, but it's still a bummer, moreso than not getting a new fps game in a series with a pretty mixed history that only really has one solid game to its name and is mostly a barrage of poop and sex jokes. that also means that if half-life 3 comes out, and it sucks, it'll have a way bigger impact than the giant explosive fart dnf released to

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 31, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/CHGardiner/status/847730601650040832

This just makes me laugh :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, what's everyone up to? Any exciting plans for today/the weekend?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hi first aid kite thanks for asking

my plan for this weekend is to do a 15km urban hike to ikebukuro and buy the new alolan vulpix doll

what about you motherfucker

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
3 weeks of vacation start today so i'm going to drink beer and play dota.

or maybe i'll do 12h of overtime since i love money.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never do anything

My fiancee might do something and she likes bringing me along with her when she goes to do stuff, but me, nah, I've got nothing to do so I'll probably just be sitting around playing games and sleeping and thinking about things I could be doing but never actually doing them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, I got a free copy of superhot the other night from some steam code giveaway by some company. I beat it yesterday and I had a lot of fun with it and I hope the others who eventually get to try it have at least some kind of fun with it :)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Still haven't gotten around to superhot, it looks neat though.

I've been playing Titanfall2, ME:A, and my nightly Picross. Good times.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, FAK!

I've been sleepily Hitmanning after an eye exam today, and tomorrow I have to get up early to get into town again so bleh. I'm good for right now, though, as I've got tea and I just completed another opportunity in Bangkok.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My fiancee has a job interview coming up for a position that pays $14 an hour and I am **really** hoping she gets it because that'd be fuckin rad to have income again, then we could save up for a car, and other things!!

Then when I get on disability in however many months that's going to take for the court hearing to arrive, I can pay bills with that money and let KCB spend her money on fun stuff she wants to buy and I can put most of my stuff into savings & bills except maybe a little bit on some video games, board games, and books. Maybe going to goodwill so I can own more than 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants :D

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I've been playing a bunch of hexcells while waiting for Persona 5 to come out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee has a job interview coming up for a position that pays $14 an hour and I am **really** hoping she gets it because that'd be fuckin rad to have income again, then we could save up for a car, and other things!!

Fingers crossed for her!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It's always worth reiterating that I feel. Like Valve's greatest achievement ever is buying the publishing rights to a student project that they summarily ruined by producing an unnecessary sequel.
What. The student project was not Portal, it just had some of the mechanics (the connected portals and things moving between them.)

The rest of the game was made at Valve.

But you know this and you're being weirdly reductive because...?

And the sequel iterated on the first game really nicely. You're in the minority on this one bub.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes because before Greenlight those games would have gotten into Steam via, uh

I understand what you're saying, and you're not wrong, but that doesn't invalidate criticism of the greenlight system. I submit to you that it is possible to have designed a system that would allow indie developers a place on Steam without also allowing any ill-mannered idiot to cobble together a broken mess of Unity store assets and Google image search results and get it on Steam.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, what's everyone up to? Any exciting plans for today/the weekend?

I just cleared Metroid Fusion.

4:20 clear time. :D

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We need April thread titles.

Something about a Social Link being maxed out?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I enjoyed the Half-Life games but for whatever reason I've never really been upset at the thought of the idea of not having the sequel to finish it all up. Maybe because I got into that series relatively late? I played HL1 only the first time back when HL2 first came out and haven't really played either game since then, other than Black Mesa and the HL2 Episodes.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Any hyped or notable releases between Persona 5 and Prey? Looks like we're getting back to a normal release schedule after The Gaming Deluge of 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gaming in the now: my cup runneth over with game !!

one week later: water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink......

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sa forums > games > april chat thread: persona mucho grata

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
april games chat: chronic trigger 420 ad

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
April Games Chat: April fools! There are no games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
April Games Chat: Thermidor Releases on the 1st

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

FirstAidKite posted:

Co-worker is gonna help me look into other employment opportunities today while I take care of clearing myself out. Over the weekend I'll mostly be taking care of schoolwork but I'll also be starting a project on another forum where I'll list my Top 50 Games and Game Characters

Lemme know if anyone I'd interested in seeing something like that on here

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Co-worker is gonna help me look into other employment opportunities today while I take care of clearing myself out. Over the weekend I'll mostly be taking care of schoolwork but I'll also be starting a project on another forum where I'll list my Top 50 Games and Game Characters

Lemme know if anyone I'd interested in seeing something like that on here

I am interested!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lakbay posted:

Any hyped or notable releases between Persona 5 and Prey? Looks like we're getting back to a normal release schedule after The Gaming Deluge of 2017

The only thing I'm particularly interested in the next month or so is DQ Heroes 2.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lakbay posted:

I wanna see what the patch schedule for Mass Effect Andromeda is gonna look like next week. Kinda sucks that is even getting a teaser instead of just stating it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Snak posted:

I can't believe anyone still wants or cares about Half Life 3. That's as bad as Firefly fans...

your best bet if you really want to play a new Half-Life badly is to hope Arkane makes a doppelganger of it, they'd be my pick to come closest to that kind of thing.

Lakbay posted:

The Surge, Injustice 2. After that it's like, Tekken 7 in June and then a long stretch of nothing, though Ruiner might come out in that timeframe.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
At this point I just want valve to make something, anything, that isn't hats.

I don't think they have much of a reason to, though, since they make enough money just doing what they're doing now lol

though it's weird to me that they'll let indie devs use their name for their games, like, you'd think Gabe N wouldn't want to be associated with something like this http://store.steampowered.com/app/407420/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

FirstAidKite posted:

I am playing the poo poo out of Persona 5.

I take the occasional break to eat and play with my puppo.

• Locked thread