Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

1000 of those is flying as a bear in Shinobido 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I just discovered there is a limit with how many screenshots you can have, seems like 5000 is the limit.

Thanks for the warning.

I ended up having to reinstall my OS and the new folder is already over 1,000

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

one for each line hikage has in the senran kagura series

Actually I somehow managed to gather 4,123 screenshots from Valkyrie Drive alone.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

feigned gasps of surprise

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Getting all the story beats in screenshot form I see.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Healbot posted:

Getting all the story beats in screenshot form I see.

Actually I do have a bunch of screencaps from the story, but mostly is because I like the different animations on the game and the scenarios.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Actually I do have a bunch of screencaps from the story, but mostly is because I like the different animations on the game and the scenarios.

Now post the other 4119.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4000+ screenshots is completely insane

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Is it? I have my phone for a year and 3 months now. And i have 3000+ pictures already.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sefal posted:

Is it? I have my phone for a year and 3 months now. And i have 3000+ pictures already.

yeah but people live their whole lives thru their phones. surely... no one lives their whole lives through their vita!

sometimes i wish i did though. there are a lot of psone rpgs i want to replay.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Actually I somehow managed to gather 4,123 screenshots from Valkyrie Drive alone.

God Bless You

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

In Training posted:

4000+ screenshots is completely insane
Having more than 4000 screenshots is completely normal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Txn posted:

Nu-uh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

owning a Vita is completely normal

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Txn posted:

how can you not have 4000 of these bad boys

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

True, look at that beautiful screenshot of an angel-winged anime girl farting rainbows.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks good

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I know right?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zas posted:

yeah but people live their whole lives thru their phones. surely... no one lives their whole lives through their vita!

sometimes i wish i did though. there are a lot of psone rpgs i want to replay.

I would but there's a lack of new games on it. Then again I'm not really a photo person either and my phone has no camera.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Those screenshots are surprisingly tame.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zas posted:

Vita is life my dude.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Firmware spoofing in Henkaku works again (March 26th update), access the PSN store from 3.60 while you can.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

TV Zombie posted:

Those screenshots are surprisingly tame.

The most offensive about them is the watermark with the game name.

I really wish developers would stop doing that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

U-DO Burger posted:

Good future thread title

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

U-DO Burger posted:

But what about the handheld?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I see Toukiden 2 is only $40 on Vita. Are there any big differences from other versions?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Other than running at half the framerate not that I'm aware of.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Really Pants posted:

I see Toukiden 2 is only $40 on Vita. Are there any big differences from other versions?

Vita version has a real bad framerate, bad textures and no foliage but otherwise they're the same game.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's uglier and the frame rate has more problems. I personally don't think it's bad enough to get the PC or ps4 version instead if you want to save the 20 bucks but maybe try the demo and keep in mind it's slightly better in the full version.

It's mostly noticeable in the busier ages and when there's multiple big oni on the screen.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my frames

It's definitely noticeable, but seems tolerable so far. Can I change my character's sex, face & voice in this one?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I'd say that MH-style games are the one genre where frame rate actually matters, since a poor frame rate also usually comes with an input lag, and pairing that with more imprecise tells is a recipe for frustration. MH4 was a difficult and frustrating game for me until I got a N3DS, at which point the controls were much more tight and enemies were much easier to read.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

How well does remote play on the Vita work without the ethernet connection they recommend? Assuming I'm still in the same room as the PS4; a longer distance solution would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Really Pants posted:

my frames

It's definitely noticeable, but seems tolerable so far. Can I change my character's sex, face & voice in this one?

Only hair and colour once you make them, IIRC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The White Dragon posted:

I'd say that MH-style games are the one genre where frame rate actually matters, since a poor frame rate also usually comes with an input lag, and pairing that with more imprecise tells is a recipe for frustration. MH4 was a difficult and frustrating game for me until I got a N3DS, at which point the controls were much more tight and enemies were much easier to read.

First person shooters need at least decent framerate for me to not get sick these days. I don't even know how I played Golden Eye split screen so much as a kid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any word on that Stranger of Sword City update getting an EU release?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rangpur posted:

How well does remote play on the Vita work without the ethernet connection they recommend? Assuming I'm still in the same room as the PS4; a longer distance solution would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Remote play works great if you're close by. Although my PS4 is connected to the router with an ethernet cable, so that might not answer your question

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Sakurazuka posted:

Any word on that Stranger of Sword City update getting an EU release?

I can find a few video game news sites saying there was going to be one, but it sure hasn't materialized so far. Eventually I might lose patience enough to do the multiple PSN account dance, but I'd really rather not.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth and it hard locked my Vita, took awhile for it to restart, started in safe mode, rebuilt the database and when it started up half my gaming library is missing.

I don't know what just happened but I don't like it, Cyber Sleuth doesn't have an icon anymore either, just looks like a white ball.

Any idea what's going on? Is the memory card on the fritz?

Edit: Content manager says the games are there but I can't see them.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Alteisen posted:

So I'm playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth and it hard locked my Vita, took awhile for it to restart, started in safe mode, rebuilt the database and when it started up half my gaming library is missing.

I don't know what just happened but I don't like it, Cyber Sleuth doesn't have an icon anymore either, just looks like a white ball.

I can only suggest re-downloading the games - it shouldn't be possible if they're still on the MC, so it might prompt the games to appear. Plus (although I'm sure you've already checked it) sometimes just selecting the game which has no icon after a crash makes it reboot itself properly again.

Aside from that, I can only wish you good luck, we're all counting on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Alteisen posted:

I've had my database rebuilt before, usually when my memory card accidentally pops out during transport. Try hard-booting the system (hold down the power button until it turns off) then turn it back on. That should bring back the games.