Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 25, 1952)

Nancy (March 13, 1944)

Wash Tubbs (November 11, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (December 10, 1923)

Lil' Abner (August 7, 1937)

Barney Google (December 11, 1922)

Alley Oop (March 12, 1934)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (March 13, 1944)

How many days have they been camping on the beach like hobos? How did they even arrange this vacation without getting a hotel ahead of time?

At least it looks like we're almost at the end of the "wow, there's somehow not a single open hotel room in the entire town!" strips.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

uh, what was the story

Part 1- dog gets hit by car, Doma takes it to the vet, tries to find owner, discovers that she tried to kill herself. Part 2 - flashback reveals she put the dog in a kennel before her suicide attempt, it got hit by a car having escaped to find her again, and that the suicide attempt was prompted by her murdering her boyfriend to keep him from leaving her. Which was also why she put the dog in a kennel in the first place, and why she's putting him back in the kennel again at the end before turning herself in.

It's all a mystery stemming from Doma investigating where the dog came from. Was it really that hard to follow?

Haifisch posted:

How many days have they been camping on the beach like hobos? How did they even arrange this vacation without getting a hotel ahead of time?

Maybe travel was harder back then? You'd need a travel agency to plan ahead pre-Internet and it might not have occurred to them that reservations were necessary.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Some Guy TT posted:

It's all a mystery stemming from Doma investigating where the dog came from. Was it really that hard to follow?

I've had no idea what's been happening since the hospital.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I understood and enjoyed it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Mandrake

Dustin

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 31, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dustin's dad clearly knows his place. He's only rich enough to push around inferiors. Which is family or anyone earning less than 50k per year. This obviously excludes the people working for the wealthy*.

His social awareness and his definitely middle-class status makes him relatable to the public and beloved by all.

*Unless he's been legitimately inconvenienced, or he has the employers permission.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Feb. 7, 1995)

Garfield Classic (Feb. 7, 1985)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Savidudeosoo posted:

I've had no idea what's been happening since the hospital.

Yeah I had absolutely no idea what was going on after that...

Reading the explanation posted though makes it seem sorta obvious, in retrosprct, but drat if I knew how to interpret it without help.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 31, 2017

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

RandomPauI posted:

Dustin's dad clearly knows his place. He's only rich enough to push around inferiors. Which is family or anyone earning less than 50k per year. This obviously excludes the people working for the wealthy*.

His social awareness and his definitely middle-class status makes him relatable to the public and beloved by all.

*Unless he's been legitimately inconvenienced, or he has the employers permission.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (Feb. 7, 1985)

This is gross, and upsetting.

Also, I love this spiderman face from a few pages ago

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargo posted:

Curtis is...uh. hm.

poo poo, then you just get called a slut and whore instead. Can't win in high school.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

This seems like a good time to repost my favorite Wallace:

Curtis

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

Understanding Chaos

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon (Feb 4, 1996)

1999 Spider-Man

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh, finally. More catch-up to come:

Luann

No, you twit. There is a huge area to run around in between having your Government Provided Gay ID Symbol stitched onto all your clothing and never ever telling any of your coworkers even though your bosses are cool with it and one of your coworkers is clearly coming on to you.

As long as you keep buying her stuff.

This will definitely help him stop thinking of himself as a victim.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Ahaha Boyce for the own.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

No, you twit. There is a huge area to run around in between having your Government Provided Gay ID Symbol stitched onto all your clothing and never ever telling any of your coworkers even though your bosses are cool with it and one of your coworkers is clearly coming on to you.

A better comic could actually make an interesting point about cultural assumptions regarding queer individuals' obligation to present themselves as such (which is not limited to straight people) even in supposedly tolerant societies, but alas, we're stuck with Luann and this stupid loving story arc.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

The dark future of America.

Mary Worth

No! Fly, you fools!

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

I know he's probably basically a 4th main cast member as a kind of father-figure guiding these young ladies through early adulthood or some poo poo at this point in time but don't they have other friends?

Edit:

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann
This was somehow worse than I expected in almost every way.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Did the Evanses make a sex pun? What in the world?

What problem are they solving with the public breakup scene? Prudence going along with that seems a little weird in the context of their discussion about mixed signals.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

This will definitely help him stop thinking of himself as a victim.
The best part of this is that Les doesn't apologize for his "you don't LOOK gay" comment or anything. In fact, his only reaction is how this makes him look bad.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wonder how the owners of this bar feel about two employees violently working through their relationship problems in front of customers, one of whom finances the whole operation.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Evil Mastermind posted:

The best part of this is that Les doesn't apologize for his "you don't LOOK gay" comment or anything. In fact, his only reaction is how this makes him look bad.

And Pru is all good with pretending to be straight in front of a bunch of people that will probably eventually find out she is actually gay and be all confused just to Les doesn't feel bad about himself?

Edit: temporarily. 'Cause he's gonna feel like an rear end when it call comes out in the end.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Sometimes it feels like One Big Happy is fighting a strawman, but I have no idea what the strawman is.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, in the Luann universe, Les's only exposure would be the flamboyant gay on television.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One Big Happy definitely has a palpable level of disdain for getting ideas above your station.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

And awakens to:

A new artist! Patrick Wright assumes the duties from John Burns and he'll have an even shorter tenure. Look for his work to end after the next adventure, after which we'll settle in for a while with Neville Colvin.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Something's...missing...

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Something's...missing...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

Something's...missing...

Noice

and re One Big Happy. Cylene is just a huge brat/jerk. An actual good "antagonist" unlike the sympathetic antagonists from, say, Luann. Not that she's an antagonist or anything. Just, that's her role.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope I never find out what this is. It makes me laugh as is.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

A cursed amulet

Reply All

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

...and the pitch! posted:

I hope I never find out what this is. It makes me laugh as is.

Actually the whole thing is good.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really like how Wallace sorta shares his mom's swoopy hair curl

• Locked thread