Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

The actresses cosplaying as their characters.

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Asobitai~ :heysexy:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also my posts aren't showing up here. Twice now. What's going on?

E: aha, so ... I guess I can't quote anyone in posts here?

At any rate. Best VAs, best Kanna.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:confused:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOlCAHZR1c

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh, thanks!

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

this owns and is great

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 31, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Courtesy of Nepthread.

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/847534690357485568

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

a kitten posted:

"Kanna..."
"no!"

https://my.mixtape.moe/tvgvat.webm

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not ready for only one more episode

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not ready for only one more episode

:same:

This and Konosuba have been some good 'me

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
We can only hope it gets a second season and remains this good if/when there's enough material for it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Eopia posted:

We can only hope it gets a second season and remains this good if/when there's enough material for it.

Please, please please please may there never be a second season. I don't want to tempt Kyoani into adding that one manga character. :( I just want Maid Dragon to have a single sweet season that I can enjoy.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

that one manga character. :(

i dont even need to ask, that one is just grotesque

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Please, please please please may there never be a second season. I don't want to tempt Kyoani into adding that one manga character. :( I just want Maid Dragon to have a single sweet season that I can enjoy.

I said that trusting Kyoani to continue to deny that characters very existence as they have done so up to now. My understanding is that that character should have already appeared to cause some of the events that have happened in the series but Kyoani rather easily changed it to make them unnecessary.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Her design kind of sucks but I don't actually find it that offensive. I see her more as a midget/imp in the vain of midna from zelda rather than a kid.

Whether she adds anything good to the story is another matter though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eopia posted:

It could be like 100% original content at this point and I'd be okay with it. They did good.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The main problem Tohru has is that her lifestyle determines her deathstyle

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rookoo posted:

Her design kind of sucks but I don't actually find it that offensive. I see her more as a midget/imp in the vain of midna from zelda rather than a kid.

That's just it, all that character really adds to the anime are either reiterations of concepts the anime already establishes really well through the other characters and some scenes that could be most charitably described as Problematic.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rookoo posted:

Yeah, I glanced at the manga just to see the character design everyone refused to shut up about, and it honestly didn't seem that bad (it did let me know that the original artwork is a bit rough to say the least, though)

But she's apparently not all that important anyway since the show's been perfectly fine without her.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mostly liked that Takiya finally got to have a scene with Fafnir without having to wear his dumb Otaku Face.

Yeah, i wish they didn't do the Otaku Face. Apparently a lot of the Takiya/Fafnir stuff is anime-original, so doing the otaku face in the manga where Takiya gets less development and screen time makes sense. Bu they should've dropped it for the anime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

『That Character...』

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnoHito posted:

Yeah, I glanced at the manga just to see the character design everyone refused to shut up about, and it honestly didn't seem that bad (it did let me know that the original artwork is a bit rough to say the least, though)

But she's apparently not all that important anyway since the show's been perfectly fine without her.

Looking at myself it appears to just be her original outfit that is the problem. In normal clothes she looks fine.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Iruru has some interesting moments. Unlike the other chorogons she's completely unable to adapt to Earthly life. Even her human-form is grotesque, she's barely able to give herself working hands.
KyoAni could probably make her struggle to adapt into something heartwarming. As long as they skip a few chapters.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, i wish they didn't do the Otaku Face. Apparently a lot of the Takiya/Fafnir stuff is anime-original, so doing the otaku face in the manga where Takiya gets less development and screen time makes sense. Bu they should've dropped it for the anime

On the other hand otaku face set up the moment this episode where takiya is honestly and genuinely happy without hiding behind the mask and that was adorable

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Iruru has some interesting moments. Unlike the other chorogons she's completely unable to adapt to Earthly life. Even her human-form is grotesque, she's barely able to give herself working hands.
KyoAni could probably make her struggle to adapt into something heartwarming. As long as they skip a few chapters.

I can unironically trust KyoAni to take a character like Iruru and not make her terrible. The latest translated chapter basically makes her like Kanna's sister which is adorable in its own right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

UberJew posted:

On the other hand otaku face set up the moment this episode where takiya is honestly and genuinely happy without hiding behind the mask and that was adorable

Huh. This didn't occur to me on first viewing, but it actually really works.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't cover the one chapter that most focuses on Takiya and Fafnir, but I suppose they cover a lot of the same points anyway.

Xelkelvos posted:

I can unironically trust KyoAni to take a character like Iruru and not make her terrible. The latest translated chapter basically makes her like Kanna's sister which is adorable in its own right.

Huh, didn't realise there was a new chapter. It's cute.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I enjoyed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqTnwJGvtc

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

:stare: No thanks.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mordaedil posted:

Loliconics is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssivABAvNi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnqtkFlK9AA

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no thanks

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
please do not sully MK'sMD

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

thank god for this post, i almost watched an amv by someone with a weird username

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

This is also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqHZhKk_LMg

Then there's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNHIcWK2ySY

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZqXkZpehI

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
These all count as demons.
Blessings in, demons out.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

thank god for this post, i almost watched an amv by someone with a weird username

You should watch it, but the joke was that I didn't want to subscribe.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/848701837385416705

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

pro-click just for the sketch for episode 11

• Locked thread