Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dazoner posted:

Random: playing the multiplayer made me wish the Ryders were Asari.

I need a Mass Effect game where you play as an Asari

Incorrect. The next ME game should have a Krogan protagonist.
There's a dedicated 'headbutt' button. Which is not disabled during conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I went full Krogan nationalist in my playthrough, here's hoping everything turns out well next time.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I went full Krogan nationalist in my playthrough, here's hoping everything turns out well next time.

You idiot! You've doomed the whole cluster.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You idiot! You've doomed the whole cluster.

And nothing of value was lost.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
But boy does everyone show they're huge racists when you suggest Morda should become the first ambassador thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Headbutt should be a combo detonator.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So I did the Contagion sidequest and there's some real disconnect with the starting and latter halves, because the Nexus parts make it seem like you're about an hour or two behind her (especially with the mechanic that got KO'ed to steal the shuttle) but when you actually track her down it's like several weeks have passed since the crash and her being taken by a Roekkar cell to be experimented on in "hundreds of tests". You could argue travel time, except she escaped in a standard shuttle and you're in a top-of-the-line scout ship faster than anything else.

Also I chose to let the cell leader shoot her and capped him with a shotgun to the face. Quarantine must be enforced :commissar:.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

But boy does everyone show they're huge racists when you suggest Morda should become the first ambassador thing.

It's not space racist if it's true. The Krogan really are all bloodthirsty. The Volus really are all greedy and shady merchants. The Hanar really are all big stupid jellyfish.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If I never played multiplayer and wanna do an apex mission with randos, will it be nbd to start off with silver, or should I stick to bronze? Never looked at my multiplayer guys or anything.

this will probably already have been dealt with by the time you read this, but everyone should do the super fast/easy tutorial mission for MP, and then also you should try to complete the steps in the "tutorial" category in your achievements or whatever they're called. You get credits for every step, or at least most of them, and it's a really nice boost compared to starting out in ME3 MP and just grinding out waves as a lowly douchebag and hoping to complete an objective wave

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Morda is really a bad choice though. You meet at least 10 Krogan I would rather give the job, like Drack's Urdnot buddy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

It's not space racist if it's true. The Krogan really are all bloodthirsty. The Volus really are all greedy and shady merchants. The Hanar really are all big stupid jellyfish.

Only because people don't give them a chance to be anything else. They've completely changed their clan structure. It might be different this time!

e:^You give it to Morda, because then the Krogan have a stake in keeping the whole system from loving up and being blamed on them. If it's another krogan Morda will just keep doing whatever the gently caress she wants and ignore the role.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Only because people don't give them a chance to be anything else. They've completely changed their clan structure. It might be different this time!

They are biologically incapable of not being war like. Before the genophage the only way they kept their populations in check was through constant warfare. It's just how they've evolved. Who didn't give them a chance when they nuked their own planet? I'm sorry but might be different isn't worth the risk.

Keep Krogan out of space!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Disgusting biological determinism. We've seen great poets and kind souls in the Krogan too. It's clearly possible for Krogan not to fight.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
But why would we want that

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Disgusting biological determinism. We've seen great poets and kind souls in the Krogan too. It's clearly possible for Krogan not to fight.

They're freakish outliers and in no way representative of the species! It's like judging humanity by our serial killers.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

They're freakish outliers and in no way representative of the species! It's like judging humanity by our serial killers.

Well, council space did generally judge humans based on Shepard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Krogan males will also do some insanely stupid poo poo to try and woo a Krogan female, not including the poetry. This generally ends terminally, sometimes at the hands of said Krogan female. It generally balances itself out on the whole.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Let the sexiest alien race rule.

And if there's disputes about that, let there be a sex off!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They are biologically incapable of not being war like. Before the genophage the only way they kept their populations in check was through constant warfare. I

Exactly! If we're to survive in this galaxy, we need the Krogan.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Hedrigall posted:

So still the Krogan, then.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

So still the Krogan, then.

Vorcha, always and forever.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes I get an icon implying I've picked up a document. How do I read them? There doesn't seem to be a section in the Codex.
(Dialogue implies that I've read it / know what people are talking about, so I assume I can)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes I get an icon implying I've picked up a document. How do I read them? There doesn't seem to be a section in the Codex.
(Dialogue implies that I've read it / know what people are talking about, so I assume I can)

It might not be a new codex and just an addendum to an existing one.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I have something like 700-800 "outlaws" killed, plus a few cold-blooded murders motivated by greed or boredom or ambivalence, and I'm literally the avatar of humanity in the Heleus Cluster lmbo

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

They are biologically incapable of not being war like. Before the genophage the only way they kept their populations in check was through constant warfare. It's just how they've evolved. Who didn't give them a chance when they nuked their own planet? I'm sorry but might be different isn't worth the risk.

That's what aliens usually say about humans in sci-fi. :black101:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I have something like 700-800 "outlaws" killed, plus a few cold-blooded murders motivated by greed or boredom or ambivalence, and I'm literally the avatar of humanity in the Heleus Cluster lmbo

I'm pretty sure accelerating a 6WD exploration vehicle into people and wildlife is unbecoming of a Pathfinder. As is yelling "SPEED BUMP" when you drive through a pack of raiders who just jumped out of their dropship.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It might not be a new codex and just an addendum to an existing one.

I'm talking about things like 'raid plans' picked up in the flophouse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just spent 10 minutes spectating the rest of my dead team as the one person standing rubber banded around the map taking zero damage face tanking and shooting everything.

Ah P2P multiplayer :allears:

Oh and now it decided to just close the client because it could. No error dialogue, just went away like magic.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 31, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hedrigall posted:

And if there's disputes about that, let there be a sex off!

I'm okay with the turians running the galaxy.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Build talk. I've been running adept in my new game+ on insanity with throw, charge and Nova and an asari sword. All my skills are evolved for recharge rate, shield damage and force where available. With the fusion mod that halves skill cooldowns I can cycle these three skills almost endlessly with a few melees thrown in. Charge, Nova and asari sword all have tons of iframes so I take almost zero damage, charge has a two second cooldown so I pinball everywhere and everything explodes.
Adepts are not underpowered. :colbert:

(I have an infiltrator profile for bosses and big enemies)

Oh an for that guy earlier who commented on every vendor being empty: if you play new game+ and are between level 61 and 71 there's​ no loot to be had. It's by far the most frustrating bug I've encountered.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I score this game 0/10 subjetive-points.

Because in 30 or 40 hours playing it (maybe 60 hours?) I have failed to find a proper partner, alien or not.

Coke or Cake or whatever is called the human lady with weird hair (Cora?). I don't like her, she is not feminine enough.

This pilot is sexy and has big boobs. Suvi I think is the name. But she is into some weird religious poo poo. Don't stick the dick in crazy, they say.

The assair doctor don't play ball. Lexi I think is the name.

Peebee is too goofy. Like the daughter of a character from Sesamo Street. I talked to her long, to see if something clicks, but she is not very fun after all, or smart.

This is a failed game. Sad.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why are people so enthusiastic about the Asari sword? When I tried to use it I found the blink kept putting me places I didn't want to be or made me miss. The kett sword with fire damage is way more powerful.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 31, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I found all the long melee animation weapons pretty annoying too. Spammable ones like the biotic amp felt a lot more powerful on insanity.

I did use the kett one that heals you at the start as a vanguard, that was pretty good, but took way too long to hit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Why are people so enthusiastic about the Asari sword? When I tried to use it I found the blink kept putting me places I didn't want to be or made me miss. The kett sword with fire damage is way more powerful.

You're over-correcting with the sword, try using it like a shotgun; aim from a short distance away instead of point-blank.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I found all the long melee animation weapons pretty annoying too. Spammable ones like the biotic amp felt a lot more powerful on insanity.

I did use the kett one that heals you at the start as a vanguard, that was pretty good, but took way too long to hit.

the kett one that heals you lets you spam the poo poo out of nova because if they ever get your health low, its trivial to chop it back to full in two swings

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wait the Kett sword heals you? That'll be awesome with Bio-Converter.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're over-correcting with the sword, try using it like a shotgun; aim from a short distance away instead of point-blank.

Yeah but I only really bother with melee when I'm playing a charging vanguard so the thing I'd want to hit is always up in my face.

I don't know that the Kett sword I'm talking about heals but it does a lot of fire damage over time. It's also got a quick animation.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Has there been any announcement on the DLCs this game is sure to get?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Are weapon augments only active if you have the weapon out? Or as long as you're carrying it with you? Stuff like ability cool down buffs, I'm not sure how useful the other things could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Are weapon augments only active if you have the weapon out? Or as long as you're carrying it with you? Stuff like ability cool down buffs, I'm not sure how useful the other things could be.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that. I'm not even convinced that the cooldown/damage augments work at all.