Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They should add other Hudson characters as DLC like Bonk and Master Higgins. Wario would be cool too.

EDIT: An update for Zelda just dropped. The game seems slightly more stable in problem areas on TV mode now.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Soul Glo posted:

hosed up that Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 DX come out the same week.

Nah it's cool. It's Tetris. Every game to be made for this system could've come out at launch and there'd still be a good reason to get an excellent version of Tetris.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey my HEB switch shipped, I am honestly impressed.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

CongoJack posted:

I called them and managed to cancel my order before I got charged just because I trust amazon to be faster and more reliable. Let me know how long it will take to get to you or if you even get it at all.

Well I just got a tracking number, looks like UPS 3-day to the east coast. Not amazon speed but I'll take texas groceries stores over bestbuy any time I guess!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

enojy posted:

Nah it's cool. It's Tetris. Every game to be made for this system could've come out at launch and there'd still be a good reason to get an excellent version of Tetris.

Just saying they could have spread 'em out across two paychecks for me

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should add other Hudson characters as DLC like Bonk and Master Higgins. Wario would be cool too.

I wouldn't be surprise since Gwinbee from Twinbee was a boss

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 31, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I usually try to get things that taste good when I get groceries, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Super Bomberman R is getting free DLC from the video showed it looks like new maps and characters

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/847646097673564161

If they add enough free DLC maybe it will one day be actually worth $40

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

DrPaper posted:

If they add enough free DLC maybe it will one day be actually worth $40

Does adding a different, good game count as DLC

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zelda does seem quite a bit smoother

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

It definitely does in the jungle part of the Faron region. I'm not sure but it feels like they removed a lot of long grass there.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

It definitely does in the jungle part of the Faron region. I'm not sure but it feels like they removed a lot of long grass there.

Sounds like the mod I remember over in Oblivion/Skyrim that would remove some of the grass to get better frame rate.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Great Hyrule Forest is still a slideshow but Faron does seem better. It'll have momentary skips and then smooth out (like can happen throughout the game world), but it's not continuously choppy anymore.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

LethalGeek posted:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Probably posted already, but this youtube has an OK representation of the performance in 1.1.1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRUFzGvngYk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guess they didn't change the grass. Hopefully they can continue to smooth things out.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
So how does Jackbox work? Do I need to buy the game on Switch, and then everyone download an app on their phones or something?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm on my 3rd Victory Lap in Isaac, and I have exploding multi butt bombs that explode into tears and fill the screen with explosions, and I STILL haven't gotten any slow down whatsoever.

Like I literally do not know what combo of items have caused slowdown for other people, but my copy has been running perfectly no matter what insane combo of items I've gotten.

Approaching 50 hours played thus far. Have had 0 complaints.
100% cannot recommend people grab this enough

Jables88 posted:

So how does Jackbox work? Do I need to buy the game on Switch, and then everyone download an app on their phones or something?

Buy Jackbox on your Switch

Everyone just connects to a website from their phones
http://jackbox.tv/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think people were mentioning butt bombs were causing slowdown for them.

It's not for me, so I don't know what is happening there :shrug:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I thought it was butt bombs comboed with other stuff, but on the other hand even just Tammy's Head with Azazel slows stuff down sometimes so :iiam:

far be it from me to guess what goes on in the depths of nicalis games

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

snipperclips good with kids or am I doomed to pick up 1 2 Switch for family fun time?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Housh posted:

snipperclips good with kids or am I doomed to pick up 1 2 Switch for family fun time?

If my mom had a ton of fun with Snipperclips then surely kids will too

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Housh posted:

It's extremely cute and the puzzles seem simple enough to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I thought it was butt bombs comboed with other stuff, but on the other hand even just Tammy's Head with Azazel slows stuff down sometimes so :iiam:

far be it from me to guess what goes on in the depths of nicalis games

I had butt bombs exploding into mini-bombs, where each mini-bomb exploded into a tammy's head style tear explosion filling the room, while firing Mr Fetus bomb-tears at a trillion miles per hour killing bosses in less than a second.

I'm on Lap 4 and just unlocked RERUN. As powerful as you get, by the 3rd lap you can be one shot as you have no hearts.

Victory Lap runs own
(Thank gently caress for the pyromaniac pickup)

Everything running at 60fps
So yeah gently caress knows what's happening with other peoples copies.. I think digital might be problem free :iiam:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My nephews are in grade 1 and can play chess. They should be able to handle the puzzles?

Or should I just get both games for LOL family time?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Housh posted:

My nephews are in grade 1 and can play chess. They should be able to handle the puzzles?

Or should I just get both games for LOL family time?

My Niece is 12 and loves 1-2-Switch + Snipperclips.

I think 1-2-Switch is an extremely overpriced game for what it is, so if you can get it on the cheap I highly recommend it.

Snipperclips is the good poo poo tho

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Infinitum posted:

I'm on my 3rd Victory Lap in Isaac, and I have exploding multi butt bombs that explode into tears and fill the screen with explosions, and I STILL haven't gotten any slow down whatsoever.

Like I literally do not know what combo of items have caused slowdown for other people, but my copy has been running perfectly no matter what insane combo of items I've gotten.

Approaching 50 hours played thus far. Have had 0 complaints.
100% cannot recommend people grab this enough

Buy Jackbox on your Switch

Everyone just connects to a website from their phones
http://jackbox.tv/

Sweet.

Next question. Is it the kind of game I could play with my wife's parents? I'm getting that there's an 'adult' slant to certain aspects, how potentially embarrassing are these aspects?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jackbox is as childish as the players.

The game is basically there to encourage gross answers.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

I had butt bombs exploding into mini-bombs, where each mini-bomb exploded into a tammy's head style tear explosion filling the room, while firing Mr Fetus bomb-tears at a trillion miles per hour killing bosses in less than a second.

I'm on Lap 4 and just unlocked RERUN. As powerful as you get, by the 3rd lap you can be one shot as you have no hearts.

Victory Lap runs own
(Thank gently caress for the pyromaniac pickup)

Everything running at 60fps
So yeah gently caress knows what's happening with other peoples copies.. I think digital might be problem free :iiam:

I've got digital, got rerun as well (and yes victory laps own, I don't know why they only trigger from the lamb though...had a great run where I was like "yeah I'll dual fist these hard mode completion marks", got the lamb down, declined the victory lap, killed mega satan...and didn't get marks for either :downs:), and one of the earlier pictures I posted was from a Lost conversion victory lap with sad poop mini electrified bombs and it was, as mentioned, chugging. (That was also with game-breaking amounts of tear size up too, though, so...)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

secret volcano lair posted:

Well I just got a tracking number, looks like UPS 3-day to the east coast. Not amazon speed but I'll take texas groceries stores over bestbuy any time I guess!

I purchased a pro controller from HEB and it showed up yesterday, on time and in good condition.

Leave it to Texas to save the day.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Infinitum posted:

https://youtu.be/ovRR1lK7vgw

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

This looks dope. Probably will pick this up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tee KO is the secret winner of the Jackbox 3 Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTNuOJJ5jY

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
ITT: People learn that HEB is the best. All you other states are really missing out.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

I'm on my 3rd Victory Lap in Isaac, and I have exploding multi butt bombs that explode into tears and fill the screen with explosions, and I STILL haven't gotten any slow down.

I have encountered slowdown once. Whatever item you get that poisons all the enemies as you enter the room (Toxic Cloud, maybe?) has a green cloud visual effect. When I entered every room in the Womb, there was MASSIVE slowdown until the gas dissipated. I'm guessing that the two visual effects (the cloud and the Womb's... liquid?) happening concurrently were too much for the game to handle.

It made the Womb stupid easy... until I got to Mom's Heart, at which point her patterns got super messed up, every other was was slowed down and as a result I kept getting trapped in bullet hell situations that I couldn't escape or dodge and died. It didn't help that I also had the Tower card item, which kept filling the room with troll bombs every time I was hit by an attack.

Infinitum posted:

It's totally possible to have a "responsible" round of Quiplash but it's way more fun if you're as dirty/gross as possible. I've played it with my (self-described) SJW friends and it was still fun, but not AS fun as it should have been.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 31, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
So I don't know if it was mentioned in the last 80 pages of zelda spoilers/complaining about zelda spoilers, but apparently the switch dock is available from the Nintendo store but only from this one specific subsection page of the Nintendo store site, which for some reason is linked nowhere on the Switch accessory page. Why? :iiam:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Great Hyrule Forest is still a slideshow but Faron does seem better. It'll have momentary skips and then smooth out (like can happen throughout the game world), but it's not continuously choppy anymore.

in docked mode? i tried it last night in portable and there were no frame rate drops at all in that area when there used to be quite a few in portable. was kinda shocked.

the center of the forest is the only place i've really noticed frame drops in zelda, both docked and portable, so maybe my eyes are hosed.

edit: i also have no audio lag in neo turf masters or any other neo geo and i've bought an alarming amount of them.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 31, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Target had a Zelda machine in stock when I stopped in this morning :smugdog:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Emron posted:

Target had a Zelda machine in stock when I stopped in this morning :smugdog:

lol Zelda? People still play that? Switch is a golf machine my man.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

lol Zelda? People still play that? Switch is a golf machine my man.

In time...in time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone know if that playable Wargroove build is any good? They mentioned it being at some convention this week.

• Locked thread