Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

Eopia posted:

Having tried the game myself about a year ago I can tell you that it is definitely not because of your laptop, it's because rpgmaker is garbage.

Yeah, XP is definitely showing it's age now. Keep in mind that it's software from the XP era (hence the name) and it was pretty clunky even when it first came out. The newer engines have their quirks and issues, too, but they've greatly improved since then. Expecting XP to run smoothly is a little silly, though. Not sure why people stuck to that particular engine - it had a lot of issues with removing core parts of the earlier series (variable options, for one) and it just didn't run well. I'm surprised no-one remade the Pokemon Essentials kit for Ace since the blocky nature of the engine would have fit the Pokemon dynamic quite well, style-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I have a feeling people keep using XP because it's easier to pirate.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm not saying Mawuh made me poop my pants laughing...

...Because that is a private and embarrassing matter that should not be shared on the interwebs.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 30, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

God drat

Suraht
Feb 12, 2014

"Banger Drang" just reminds me of the movie Hook. I could totally see death vines being a part of that island, too.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Today I fell in love with you.

And the bottom row.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

aguman w/ gun is the greatest pokemon I've ever seen

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Ronch and Mawuh are great and all but I think Staropter isn't getting enough love

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

Ronch and Mawuh are great and all but I think Staropter isn't getting enough love

Staropter is definitely rad, and I also dig Quincelax

My own personal favorite, however, is Strangy. It's an eldritch being in a doggy costume, and its name is so much fun to say!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SatansOnion posted:

It's an eldritch being in a doggy costume, and its name is so much fun to say!
I love how you can kind of just hear the beat between the abilities.

This is the creature we call Strangly. Its ability is the dreaded Wharmbrabararb, an effect beyond the comprehension of mortal minds!

...or Magic Guard.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I really want to see a pokémon romhack with either a held item or an ability that's just "Gun" and the only additional information is "He's got a gun!"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The 'mon with a Golden Gun.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'd be willing to play a game where the starters were Tortabool, Agunmon, and Minma. Pokemon Ronch Is A Very Decent Game, Maybe.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Quincelax is pretty cute :3:

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
Minma doesn't look delicious enough to have Buttery Armor as an ability

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RabidWeasel posted:

Quincelax is pretty cute :3:

That sounds like the name of a laxative.

Suraht
Feb 12, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That sounds like the name of a laxative.

Well, a quince is fairly similar to a pear, and pear juice is used as a laxative, so it fits.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i need to at some point play literally any pokemon game past black

hell i need to finish black 2

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Gyra_Solune posted:

You're gonna get differing opinions on which games to play. IMO, here's my arguments for 3DS Pokemon games:

X/Y: You want a new adventure that still follows the old structure (8 gyms, competent and threatening evil team, one big Legendary at the center of it all, etc.)
OR/AS: You really enjoyed Generation 3, but can feel it aging when comparing it to more modern games.
SuMo: You want the newest Pokeymanz and/or an experience that's a bit more experimental and unique about its bosses and plot structure.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Sun and Moon are the best games and you should play them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

play em all, they're good

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wish i had a 3ds for ORAS cuz i really loved gen 3's charm :(

i should look into soulsilver, though

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
Play them all in release order since there's actually a story arc begun in XY that culminates in SuMo's Mega Beasts.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But if you have to pick one, SM is arguably the more fun game once you're past Tutorial Island(and you don't need to play XY to understand the Ultra Beast plot in SM). It innovates a lot and the difficulty curve's the best it's been since Platinum.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ace of Aces posted:

Play them all in release order since there's actually a story arc begun in XY that culminates in SuMo's Mega Beasts.

Really? Which one, cause I don't remember any.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gen 3 is my least favorite but missing out on delta episode is a crime

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Really? Which one, cause I don't remember any.

The thing where the doomsday device used in the backstory of X/Y split Pokemon into multiple timelines, leading to Delta Episode and setting the stage for the Ultra Beasts.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

The thing where the doomsday device used in the backstory of X/Y split Pokemon into multiple timelines, leading to Delta Episode and setting the stage for the Ultra Beasts.

I don't remember that happening in the slightest.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

EclecticTastes posted:

It didn't split timelines. In one universe the Kalos war lead to AZ creating his ultimate weapon and in the other the war never happened.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

dungeon cousin posted:

It didn't split timelines. In one universe the Kalos war lead to AZ creating his ultimate weapon and in the other the war never happened.

Oh, I must be misremembering a little. But, anyway, I'm pretty sure Ace was referring to the multiple universe subplot.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
You should also play Sun and Moon because best type (aka Bug Type) gets a lot of well-deserved love.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Also the SuMo starters are really good

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Also the SuMo starters are really good

In fairness, X/Y had pretty excellent starters, too. They've been on-point with starters lately.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

EclecticTastes posted:

Oh, I must be misremembering a little. But, anyway, I'm pretty sure Ace was referring to the multiple universe subplot.

Pretty much. Looker also leaves on some business he can't tell you about in XY, then shows up in ORAS having had the poo poo kicked out of him and with no memory. You eventually find out what happened to him in SuMo's postgame. There are a few other details scurried away here and there which suggest that something vaguely eldritch may be going on with Mega Evolution etc. (which is part of why Deoxys is coming through in Delta Episode). XY has some really great arbitrary creepy poo poo in Santalune as well, like the girl waiting for the elevator and the reverse side of the train timetables, but it's the good kind of "vague feeling of dread" creepy that Pokemon has really been nailing lately.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I must've been playing different versions of these games than y'all because I don't remember any of this poo poo

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

LAY-ZX posted:

I must've been playing different versions of these games than y'all because I don't remember any of this poo poo
It's easy to see how someone could fail to notice, considering how accustomed the prior games make you to pointless minutiae that doesn't lead anywhere.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

EclecticTastes posted:

Wait so Omega/Alpha aren't just remakes they are an alternate time line of R/S?! SHIIIT

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gridlocked posted:

Wait so Omega/Alpha aren't just remakes they are an alternate time line of R/S?! SHIIIT

And specifically they take place 10 years before Sun/Moon On top of that The Anabel in Sun/Moon is not native to that universe, she is from the RSE universe. The only memory she retained was that she was defending the Battle Tower and then she was gone. Looker describes the concept of 'Fallers' people who aren't native to the current timeline who have appeared there. That is actually a theory regarding the Looker of ORAS. He is NOT the Looker of SuMo and XY, but the Looker of DPP and BW

And none of that is necessary to enjoy the gently caress out of Sun/Moon.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I wasn't aware that Nintendo had hired Haruki Murakami to write their Pokemon games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Strange Matter posted:

I wasn't aware that Nintendo had hired Haruki Murakami to write their Pokemon games.

Not nearly enough sexual tension between underage girls and bookish thirtysomething introverted writers to be Murakami (thank god.)

• Locked thread