Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hell its no surprise vince loves ellsworth, he's the first dude in years to actually take the "grab the brass ring" bullshit to heart and succeed at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Why is nobody using a brass ring as a foreign object gimmick

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
The thing that the guy who's there to suck says about the Shield debut and how "we chose Roman" is pretty funny, because last time I mentioned the Shield debut, 21 Hoot Salute posted the reactions from the time:

quote:

TYLER BLACK IS THERE

quote:

gently caress YES OH MY GOD

quote:

TYLER!!!

quote:

Is that Ambrose and Rollins?

quote:

...fuckin' Leakee.

quote:

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

quote:

DEAN AMBROOOOOOOOOOOSE

quote:

WTF

SETH ROLLANS and DEAN AMBROSE

:supaburn:

quote:

TYLER AND MOX

TYLER AND MOTHERFUCKING MOXLEY!

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

quote:

OMG WTF DEAN AMBROSE AND SETH ROLLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

DEAN AMBROSE AND SETH ROLINS! HOLLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK!

quote:

Thank god for Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins even though I have no idea who they are.

quote:

That was loving awesome except Leakee

quote:

which one is roman reigns again?

quote:

Leakee is Meng's kid, right?

quote:

If you have to kill one of them, make it Leakee

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Roman related to Luther?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cubone posted:

The thing that the guy who's there to suck says about the Shield debut and how "we chose Roman" is pretty funny, because last time I mentioned the Shield debut, 21 Hoot Salute posted the reactions from the time:
owns

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cubone posted:

What you actually want is Sheamus

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"Every time Roman enters an arena people are on their feet."

*footage shows people sitting there quietly*

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What you actually want is Sheamus

I would prefer Sheamus

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sorry, Roman is too cool to care. Believe that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

rovert posted:

There's a possible gimmicky reason for it.

Carmella winning the title.

Vince loves Ellsworth.

Good, he should love Ellsworth.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Midnightghoul posted:

Why is nobody using a brass ring as a foreign object gimmick

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Cubone posted:

Yeah, but we're smarks, not fans.

Remember that WWE thinks that it's fans worth celebrating are the non-smart ones who aren't on the internet. You know, the people who are casual fans, and just watch 6 hours weekly + all PPVs, that trifling time investment. But aren't necessarily heavily invested enough to discuss online, or look up information ever.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best is the sign reads "& Virgil" with means that banner was made for someone along with Virgil, and he just folded/cut the banner in half.

Kind of disappointed The Rock-n-Roll Express didn't destroy the statue to the cheers of the crowd.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Where do they keep these lovely statues?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Frankston posted:

In the warehouse is my guess, then they trot them out once a year for Wrestlemania. Which might just be some brilliant metaphor for the Legends, if you think about it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Frankston posted:

Sting looks after them

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Serious answer: iirc they might be in the WWE HQ lobby or something

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Frankston posted:

Pretty sure I've seen footage of them in the WWE HQ lobby.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, but we're smarks, not fans.

Remember that WWE thinks that it's fans worth celebrating are the non-smart ones who aren't on the internet. You know, the people who are casual fans, and just watch 6 hours weekly + all PPVs, that trifling time investment. But aren't necessarily heavily invested enough to discuss online, or look up information ever.

Actually I remember reading a while back that during brand splits, WWE is actually counting on fans having loyalty to one brand or another, and only watching their preferred one. That's why Smackdown is always the workhorse show for smarks and Raw is always the garbage show for garbage people. So their flagship show still gets most of their casual viewership but SDL is for appeasing the critics.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 31, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

What's with David Crosby in that photo

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Sting has been @dril this whole time

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the statue. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

At this point I would go get a signiture from the dude just out of pure sympathy.

Is it just his gimmick or something he seems to never give up haha

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Facepaint $3600
Power $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

/

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

The_Rob posted:

Shows how much I know about sports.

WWE is definitely way worse about it, but all of the major sports have issues with 'our leadership are out of touch and arrogant, and feel that fans will watch them no matter what, even if they insult them and actively try to make their product less entertaining'

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That ain't Sting, that's very much Real Estate Steve.

Also HOOT

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just realized Enzo Amore, guy who botched running the ropes, will be in a ladder match, lmao.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly pretty surprised that 'WWE announcer bullies on-air cohost so badly he has a mental breakdown' hasn't become bigger news.

#FireJBL2k17

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Marquis de Pyro posted:

WWE is definitely way worse about it, but all of the major sports have issues with 'our leadership are out of touch and arrogant, and feel that fans will watch them no matter what, even if they insult them and actively try to make their product less entertaining'

Probably because WWE's leadership goes on TV weekly to demean and insult the audience and performers.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"You ~INTERNET FANS~ need to loving shut up about Roman Reigns because you fat dorks chose him. You know nothing about the business so keep loving quiet"

"Please buy The Network, seriously please, here have 4 months free just sign up holy poo poo please sign up, only 9.99 oh god please please please"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

The best is the sign reads "& Virgil" with means that banner was made for someone along with Virgil, and he just folded/cut the banner in half.
Looks like the other person was Ted DiBiase

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Weird question but did anyone else here get billed for the Network twice this week?

edit: turns out I'm a massive idiot and somehow have 2 WWE network accounts.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 31, 2017

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Davros1 posted:

If you look closely, it says Ted DiBiase above the &.

e;fb

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

NHL does it too along with the MLB

Gary Bettman is so bad at his job and alienating the fans, he could take Stephanie's place on RAW.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Weekend at BerniesStings

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Gary Bettman is so bad at his job and alienating the fans, he could take Stephanie's place on RAW.

Engaging fans isn't part of Bettman's job.

He's really good at his job, that's why he sucks. His job is to be terrible, because he's the representative of a bunch of rich old idiots.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seth has the flu

These Odds, how can he Overcome

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Seth has the flu

These Odds, how can he Overcome

hopefully he's taking a fuckload of tamiflu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I can't wait for Seth to vomit all over Triple H live at Wrestlemania, the ultimate thrill ride

• Locked thread