Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The skull and flowers one is way wider than the galaxy unless it goes on a bit underneath her shirt. You gotta go big on cover ups most of the time.

It might not be super well done but with so much dark ink in the original that ended up being a good cover up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ricketyvickyt posted:

Isn't the 'galaxy' the cover up? I don't see how it would be the other way round?

Tattoos are mostly opaque. They're not watercolours.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

How much does ruining two shirts by refusing to take them off up the infection risk?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Somfin posted:

Tattoos are mostly opaque. They're not watercolours.

I know that. I've got cover ups myself. It's just really really dark in the first one, especially on the left hand side of the pic

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Probably had a few laser sessions then the cover-up? :shrug:

The roses and derpy skulls are much larger than the gangrenous buckshot wound tattoo though, it's most definitely the cover-up.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

How much does ruining two shirts by refusing to take them off up the infection risk?

Depends on how much the infection risk goes up by taking off your shirt in the scratcher palace.

Neither day apparently being a bra day may also have influenced the decision.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Johnny Truant posted:

Probably had a few laser sessions then the cover-up? :shrug:

The roses and derpy skulls are much larger than the gangrenous buckshot wound tattoo though, it's most definitely the cover-up.

Yes, I bet she had it lasered down to a pale blur then got the coverup. According to people I know who have had it done, getting a tattoo from 100% to 25% takes about as long as getting it from 25% to non-visible, so that route is way cheaper. Maybe someone here who has had laser can confirm or deny, though.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
If you think the same broke rear end person that would get those cheap horrific tattoos could also afford laser treatment you're outta your goddamn mind.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
I've seen laser tattoo removal places in Bali and Thailand. There's probably a good chance of them loving up the power settings and causing irreparable scarring, but if you're lucky, you can get them removed for cheap i bet

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
On the subject of laser removal this is a pretty good documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1MJWIhJTA

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

The wife had a cover up done and is currently getting a larger one done now that's multiple sessions. The original one was all black done by a lovely kitchen scratcher when she was like 16-17. When we got together she came with me to an actual award winning professional shop and she's been going their ever since realizing saving money isn't the most important factor when getting a tattoo.
Anyway for both the cover ups her artist went over the old tattoo in white to fade it while she was their getting another one done. After that healed it was faded to about half of what it was and could easily be covered up in any color.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pokey Araya posted:

If you think the same broke rear end person that would get those cheap horrific tattoos could also afford laser treatment you're outta your goddamn mind.

Not really. If we've got scratchers for tattoos, that means somewhere there's... zappers? Blasters? Pewpewers?

We have homework, topic: think up a proper name for someone removing a tattoo with a janky, overpowered cat laser toy.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Burners?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Scorchers? Broilers? Blisterers?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ricketyvickyt posted:

Isn't the 'galaxy' the cover up? I don't see how it would be the other way round?

The galaxy is a smaller tattoo, you can't cover a larger tattoo with a smaller one...

Also look at the shading on the flowers in the middle versus the flowers on the outside. It's pretty obvious it's a cover up.

Edit: Didn't realize there was another page.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pikachu is the best coverup of all time

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Not really. If we've got scratchers for tattoos, that means somewhere there's... zappers? Blasters? Pewpewers?

We have homework, topic: think up a proper name for someone removing a tattoo with a janky, overpowered cat laser toy.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Scorchers? Broilers? Blisterers?

Light-Riders.

No, that sounds too cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Pikachu is the best coverup of all time

Yeah for sure

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RickVoid posted:

Light-Riders.

No, that sounds too cool.

Is there a word for the smell of burning hair?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Somfin posted:

Is there a word for the smell of burning hair?

If there is it is probably German.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Well, this certainly is a thing:

Apparently it's a laser engraving machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZhUxrvnVg

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Well, this certainly is a thing:

Apparently it's a laser engraving machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZhUxrvnVg

I would like to know more.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I would like to know more.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Tattoo/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's not really a tattoo, it's more of an advanced scarification method. Also no idea how permanent something like that would be unless it cut very deep, like unsafe deep.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Star Ship Troopers tech lookin' good.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sad news, but perhaps the end of a very horrible trend...

quote:

Amy Bleuel, Founder of Project Semicolon, Passes Away at 31

Amy Bleuel, known in the mental health community as the person behind the popular semicolon tattoo, passed away on Thursday, March 23 at the age of 31, Project Semicolon confirmed to The Mighty on Wednesday.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Period.

Though if a ; makes you feel better do what you gotta do.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Rest in p;ece

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

She wasn't a valiant enough warr;oy

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I honestly wonder if the semicolon tattoo was counter-productive. Like, I get that it's supposed to show that you made it past the (theoretical) worst moment in your life and continued, but really you'd just getting a permanent reminder on your skin about that worst moment. Romanticizing your own tragedy isn't usually an effective method of actually coping with it. Plus, there's the whole thing with building your identity out of your problems...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I could see how managers may not want to higher a suicidal person so you may want to hide it really good instead of your wrist.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:nws: Get you to church

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's afraid!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I'm vaguely disappointed that the author of this article didn't choose dickbutt for his demonstration.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jesus H. oval office.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
And it's on the top of his head

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

What bothers me about the reporting of the semi-colon girl is that the headlines all say she died or she passed away, like maybe it was a car accident or cancer. No, man. She killed herself. The woman who campaigned the semi-colon trend to fight suicide and mental health stigma killed herself.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dear Prudence posted:

What bothers me about the reporting of the semi-colon girl is that the headlines all say she died or she passed away, like maybe it was a car accident or cancer. No, man. She killed herself. The woman who campaigned the semi-colon trend to fight suicide and mental health stigma killed herself.

There's a statistical increase in suicides after a suicide is reported in the news. So maybe it's good that an article a lot of potentially suicidal people are going to read don't highlight that fact.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

creationist believer posted:

There's a statistical increase in suicides after a suicide is reported in the news. So maybe it's good that an article a lot of potentially suicidal people are going to read don't highlight that fact.

Yeah, you'll notice it's commonplace to now avoid "[x] commits suicide" in news reports for this reason, unless the source is less than reputable. It does little to honour the person who killed themselves beyond that anyway, so it always comes off as kind of tacky to report it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
AUG thread once again.

Watrick posted:

I want to punch this guy in his face for so many reasons: