Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

TTerrible posted:

It's such a loving bad model I can't even put it into words any more.

It's like that primarch fanart from a few years ago that was in a pseudo-WoW style with gems all over armour.

The weird thing is that it's a very technically proficient model. It's a fantastic sculpt. It's just a terrible design.

He looks like he was entirely designed in AutoCAD with the view fully zoomed in for the duration of the design process. Each individual piece is pretty great, but they come together to form a giant pile of poo poo. The whole is way, way less than the sum of it's parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

TTerrible posted:

It's such a loving bad model I can't even put it into words any more.

It's like that primarch fanart from a few years ago that was in a pseudo-WoW style with gems all over armour.

The most baffling thing is whatever the gently caress's going on with his face. It's like someone prematurely aged prince joffrey.

ijyt posted:

It doesn't count if you write them up on notepad before hand. :allears:

Aww man I didn't know there were rules. I guess this is the issue with picking up on forum jokes through osmosis.

Though I guess I am concerned there were some legit internal shitposts, then.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

JackMack posted:

Don't worry death thread, there was a counter strike in the 40k thread and thanks to a fairly lazy troll we have had to endure twenty four hours of "why aren't there female space marines... " for the millionth loving time. It turns out we are all dickheads. Who would have thought it?
more evidence that supports my 'to the gulag' solution

make it happen

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

So wait, hold up:

Are these just headswaps and accessory sprues for DEldar? Because I swear those look super familiar.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

shut up about your dumb garbage tier meta trolling poo poo

I wanna help that kitty :(

:same:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
So who got me the avatar and title? I have to disagree with the "Gobbling GW's Cock" part - I think they've hosed up plenty of poo poo.

Also, you spent $20 on that combo. You could have used that to purchase miniatures for the game you're actually playing, instead of proxying, you shithead.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It was absolutely not me. I've got diapers to pay for.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
Buying people lovely avatar and title combo's is a luxury hobby, and if you can't afford to play, then sorry for you. Nobody has a "right" to their avatar and title, any more than they have a "right" to a PS4, a jetski, or a Lamborghini. Things cost money, it's a fact of life.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Maybe the thread could pitch in for leperflesh's cat instead of buying dumb avatars?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think we've reached peak death thread. The only honourable thing left to do is for anyone who posted in the last 72 to ritualistically disembowel themselves.

You guys go first.

spectralent posted:

Maybe the thread could pitch in for leperflesh's cat instead of buying dumb avatars?

I just spent $800 on my dog who swallowed a toy, but yeah I'd pitch in :10bux:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I will buy Leperflesh's cat an avatar.

But only if it makes a good trollpost.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Maybe the real good posts were the friends we made along the way.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My sister might get a cat out of this so hooray.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lerpflesh post the gofundme.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

My sister might get a cat out of this so hooray.

It's fitting that the only thing to come out of this diseased and defective thread is a diseased and defective cat.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I dunno what the "trolling" was supposed to prove other than people on the net will argue with bad opinions but ok. I had fun.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

nopantsjack posted:

I dunno what the "trolling" was supposed to prove other than people on the net will argue with bad opinions but ok. I had fun.

It's like a weird gotcha game that "proves" you've been had when there exist people who really believe it (maybe even including the posters themselves but too lazy to write one up) so, :shrug:

The only thing I really cared about is that proliferation of special weapons rules is lame and bad and is actually detrimental to a good system (i.e. balance) and minis creativity.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

There is not a big enough :rolleyes: for this thread.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is LP keeping or not keeping the cat? This probably might affect my donation amount if I'm honest, because then maybe the cat can become a new thread mascot, like gundams and opossums.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Remember GW.jpg?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

It proves that most posters in here have no objectivity and will blindly vomit out effort posts whenever a perceived pro GW post appears.

It's pretty funny actually.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Remember GW.jpg?

hahahaha

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Chill la Chill posted:

Remember GW.jpg?

gently caress, that's awesome. I so need to get some Marines and paint them like that.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Hixson posted:

It proves that most posters in here have no objectivity and will blindly vomit out effort posts whenever a perceived pro GW post appears.

I object you GW sycophant. I poo poo them out.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I don/t

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TTerrible posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So where are hixson and the rascally rabbit getting their posts from?

Also thanks for tricking the death thread into posting content. It's a good thread but not very busy:)

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 31, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hixson posted:

Hey man, if you aren't part of the "effort post when a view you don't like appears" hobby, maybe you shouldn't be criticizing it??

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So now that we've got all that out of our systems, can we acknowledge that Games Workshop, like the Star Wars prequels, is actually Quite Good?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

panascope posted:

So now that we've got all that out of our systems, can we acknowledge that Games Workshop, like the Star Wars prequels, is actually Quite Good?

There are many good things about Episode One through Three. There are many good things about GW.

I would love to find out more about the economic systems in place during the Republic Era.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
They do follow similar arcs. I just wish GW didn't so thoroughly copy the pod racing scene for their game gorkamorka.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I like Gorkamorka.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
The scene were Horus (Dart Maul) cuts down Sanguinius (Liam Nesson) was a little on the nose. Having the Emperor (Obi Wan) have to kill his son was a good move though. Very family drama. Daddy issues, the movie. Love it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Atlas Hugged posted:

I like Gorkamorka.

This is the thing that should bring everyone together.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Atlas Hugged posted:

I like Gorkamorka.

You should try Thunder Alley or Grand Prix. Thunder Alley is now considered to be one of the staple racing games, despite it being from GMT which is known as a grognard wargames company.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

It's a loving cat. Go put it down and get another one from the Humane Society for like 5 bucks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So people do like the butts in Infinity!

Wait so we're the bird and hyena pics trolls too?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I just like cyborg orks driving rocket buggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Stanyer89 posted:

It's a loving cat. Go put it down and get another one from the Humane Society for like 5 bucks.

B&C can be oddly specific

• Locked thread