Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Even a lifted Mustang is pretty bad rear end.

Haters vacate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If I'm not mistaken the panel gap between the rear bumper and the rear quarter should be below the rear light, not through it on a real Conti GT?

Godholio posted:

Yeah the back is quite...Mustang-ish. Taillights are wrong, trunk lid is wrong, panel gap is wrong. Fender creases and wheel wells are wrong, but well-hidden by the cage and flares. Definitely a Mustang.

That said, I still loving love it.

I dunno guys I'm looking at this and wondering how they would nail all the details just so perfectly with a kit car when they could just get a real one and tart it up. It isn't like nobody has taken a Bentley in the dirt before, Top Gear comes to mind.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Even a lifted Mustang is pretty bad rear end.

Haters vacate.
ye.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

I dunno guys I'm looking at this and wondering how they would nail all the details just so perfectly with a kit car when they could just get a real one and tart it up. It isn't like nobody has taken a Bentley in the dirt before, Top Gear comes to mind.

Body line on the door and handle placement is different but then that could just be a facelift change. I'm in on actual Bentley

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Body line on the door and handle placement is different but then that could just be a facelift change. I'm in on actual Bentley

I think the slight angle difference and the matte/gloss difference make them look different, but I'm pretty sure they're the same. I'm saying real deal Bentley.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Either way, I'm not saying it's not the right thread, just to be clear.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

KakerMix posted:

That's a way better picture than the one I was looking at. I think I'm switching sides on this one and voting real.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:flashfap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR09t9Jh1Pf/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

That's a way better picture than the one I was looking at. I think I'm switching sides on this one and voting real.

You may have been looking at a post-2012 Continental rear end; this one looks like it's def a 2007-2012. The newer ones have the panel gap below the rear light as you said.

Would love to see this done to the new SUV, honestly.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

:laugh:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The best kind of correct.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Finger Prince posted:

The best kind of correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e7R3y-qwZ0&t=247s

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The shopping centre chase was filmed in my home town. It makes the mall look rather large but they're pretty much just going down the same 2 straights over and over from different angles.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool

RillAkBea posted:

The shopping centre chase was filmed in my home town. It makes the mall look rather large but they're pretty much just going down the same 2 straights over and over from different angles.

The car park is an insane multilevel maze of ramps and bridges that I would love to have to myself for a night mind.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlCxj3-LhU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's insanely cool.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39456449

Guy gets bright yellow car vandalised over NIMBYness about it being too garish and ruining the view, 100 yellow cars turn up to the village to show support for him and a big "gently caress you" to the NIMBYs.

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

Stolen from another thread

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

InitialDave posted:

Guy gets bright yellow car vandalised over NIMBYness about it being too garish and ruining the view, 100 yellow cars turn up to the village to show support for him and a big "gently caress you" to the NIMBYs.

quote:

Vauxhall has said it is considering renaming the colour of the yellow Corsa to "Maddox yellow" in support of the pensioner.

:lol:

That's pretty awesome, but everyone in that story is a dick.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Godholio posted:

It sounds about right for a small village in England. Full of wankers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's for the greater good!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

xzzy posted:

It's for the greater good!

The Greater Good!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BitBasher posted:

The Greater Good!

gently caress OFF GRASSHOPPER

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Godholio posted:

:lol:

How is the owner a dick? Parks his car in a legal spot in front of his house.

An 84 year old shoulf not have to walk further to his car because of a bunch of tourists who want good photos of "quantness."
I imagine anyone who complains is straight out of hot fuzz.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
The idea that a car would be vandalized because of the color is hyper insane to me as an American. But I suppose I don't have enough ~class~

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah because certainly no American would ever vandalize someone's property over silly disputes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

xzzy posted:

Yeah because certainly no American would ever vandalize someone's property over silly disputes.

Over Sports teams stickers or political bumper stickers, sure. But just the color? :confused:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
He should wrap his car in dazzle camo to make it blend in more.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 1, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Someone should give him a plum crazy hellcat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KakerMix posted:

The idea that a car would be vandalized because of the color is hyper insane to me as an American. But I suppose I don't have enough ~class~
It was hardly in keeping with the village's rustic aesthetic.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Oh gently caress yeah.

That's my jam.

Right-click, Save As.

Powershift posted:

:colbert:

Digging up these pictures, apparently the whole internet is in a massive bitchfit over whether it's a real bentley or a mustang kit car.

Thought it might be a photochop, but apparently not.

InitialDave posted:

That's awesome.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

TotalLossBrain posted:

But just the color? :confused:

I once had a redneck in a lifted truck call my matte black Focus a "friend of the family car" at the gas station. I could see it happening here.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

nm posted:

An 84 year old shoulf not have to walk further to his car because of a bunch of tourists who want good photos of "quantness."

Why don't they just take a photo with the yellow car in the frame, then when they get home they can google one of the thousands of pre-made photos of the same scene with no car, then save it in the same folder right next to it? That way they can prove they were there, and have a much better photo of the place they went to. It even said the scene is on the British passport, so presumably most people there have photo of it already? Unless his car is on everyone's passport too which would be amazing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
There was a small car show in town today. Unfortunately I work third shift so I missed most of the cool stuff, but I got to take my comet on its first actual drive since I bought it (it was terrifying). AlsoI just got a new phone so I the pictures I took are kinda crap.

This was in an otherwise uninteresting Plymouth, but I love the idea for how rinky-dink it is. Homemade Mad Max!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

nm posted:

He can be a dick and still be well within his rights. If people are literally stopping in that town to take a picture of that road and he doesn't give a gently caress that he's ruining it, that makes him kind of a dick. It doesn't mean he deserves to have his car vandalized, obviously.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Godholio posted:

He can be a dick and still be well within his rights. If people are literally stopping in that town to take a picture of that road and he doesn't give a gently caress that he's ruining it, that makes him kind of a dick. It doesn't mean he deserves to have his car vandalized, obviously.
I expect these people would whine about my manky land Rover being parked in the same spot, even though is is massively more in keeping with "small rural English village" than anything I'd think they drive.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Godholio posted:

But he's parking his car in front of his house? I fail to see how that's him being a dick and more just how reality works. If he wore shoes someone else didn't like or ate food someone else didn't like or kiss someone else that someone didn't like does that make him a dick?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Clearly he should get around in a horse-drawn buggy so tourists can pretend they've gone back in time :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Because he rents a house in a National Trust neighborhood, which exists solely for people to come and appreciate the view. If I bought land in front of a scenic overview, or a monument, and built a wall in front of it to ruin the view, I'd be a dick, too. Buying THAT car was a dick move that he was completely within his rights to do.

But anyway, he now has a grey car so apparently that's un-garish enough to have alleviated the problem.

Edit: I'm curious where everyone else in the neighborhood parks their cars.