Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Counterpoint

Bad weed smells like straight up skunk rear end, so maybe smoke that poo poo on your balcony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ElGroucho posted:

Counterpoint

Bad weed smells like straight up skunk rear end, so maybe smoke that poo poo on your balcony

Incidentally this is what pretty much all the comments were, that and "this was made up for upvotes" :v:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

goose willis posted:

If the diaper is empty that means poo poo didn't happen
:chanpop:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

goose willis posted:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

goose willis posted:

:thurman:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why is there an or.

It's especially bad on the second one considering those mare two distinct groups.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I guess b/c it's not supposed to be from just one specific student. Rather, "consider this to be from any student who belongs to group a, b, or c"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Do any childfree women here get constant poo poo for not wanting kids? I used to be part of a few childfree pages on FB until I left because they were just so bitter about kids in general but apparently there's a page I missed. I'm not a huge fan of kids but I don't harbor an intense hatred (their favorite words to use is "breeders" or "cows"). Anyway, from the way these women talk their lives are constant harassment by co-workers, strangers, and family members about not wanting kids. I know that this indeed happens to people with their families at times, but I've never been looked at weird for never wanting kids and most people don't care that I don't want children. I think because those who know me probably agree that I shouldn't have kids. But what I'm talking about, like I said in the beginning, is constant harassment like these women insist happens.

How often does this happen to the average childfree woman?

The post that made me think of this:

and article.

quote:

When 26-year-old Rose* tells people she doesn’t want kids, she gets called “a selfish bitch, a child hater, unlovable, etc. I've also been told no man will ever love me.”

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Child hating just needs perspective. It's perfectly okay to love your own kids and the kids of people close to you while hating "other peoples kids" because there's nothing worse than strangers kids. They are rude, entitled, overconfident, loud and smelly. Unlike the kids we love who are adorable in every way possible.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bean_shadow posted:

Do any childfree women here get constant poo poo for not wanting kids? I used to be part of a few childfree pages on FB until I left because they were just so bitter about kids in general but apparently there's a page I missed. I'm not a huge fan of kids but I don't harbor an intense hatred (their favorite words to use is "breeders" or "cows"). Anyway, from the way these women talk their lives are constant harassment by co-workers, strangers, and family members about not wanting kids. I know that this indeed happens to people with their families at times, but I've never been looked at weird for never wanting kids and most people don't care that I don't want children. I think because those who know me probably agree that I shouldn't have kids. But what I'm talking about, like I said in the beginning, is constant harassment like these women insist happens.

and article.

My mom did until she remarried and her new husband had a 4-yo daughter. Mysteriously stopped after that.

On the other hand, my younger brother and his wife have a little girl about a year old and another on the way. Seeing how happy it makes my dad and step-mom to be grandparents makes me a little sad that we didn't try harder back in the day. And by "try harder" I mean "don't be physically incapable of having kids" so not really an option.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

bean_shadow posted:

Do any childfree women here get constant poo poo for not wanting kids?

Though I do catch poo poo for it, it's nowhere near constant, but I'm also single and living in New York City so being a childless woman is a lot more socially acceptable here.

quote:

I can't really speak for everyone, but it comes up enough that it can get kind of annoying. I can't imagine how much more poo poo people get when they're in committed relationships with no intention of having children.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

bean_shadow posted:

and article.

This is the type of person where being childfree is such a core part of their personality that it's an appropriate thing to use to talk about yourself at a corporate meeting. People probably do say things about it way more then they should about another person's business, but there is no doubt in my mind they see everyone who isn't part of their childfree world as someone looking down on them whether they actually care or not.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane/ar-BBz4bYx?li=BBnbfcL

This just seems a little too perfect for getting conservatives whipped into a frenzy. A liberal professor wanted to puke after seeing a soldier given courtesy. Really? This became a news story how?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Leon Einstein posted:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane/ar-BBz4bYx?li=BBnbfcL

This just seems a little too perfect for getting conservatives whipped into a frenzy. A liberal professor wanted to puke after seeing a soldier given courtesy. Really? This became a news story how?

He has made stupid headline-grabbing comments before, it's just for attention.

That said, I can understand rolling my eyes a bit and thinking the person is a bit of a self-congratulatory idiot if they did it for an international business class flight where the seats cost a few grand, but domestic first class, who cares, let the soldier have the seat if it makes you feel better. In both cases it's a silly gesture but if you're going to make it at least do it when it doesn't cost you thousands of dollars.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He must get paid well by Fox to be a liberal caricature.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
RE: Child-freeness - People do often ask me if I have children and, when I tell them I don't, ask me why. I think asking why someone doesn't have kids is intrusive - unless there's a throne to fill, it's not anybody else's business why a couple doesn't have children - but I don't know how to call people out without making it look like I'm the rude one. Ultimately, I choose not to let it bother me. People tend to accept my explanation; nobody has scolded or insulted me yet.

e: Content -
Made A Blood Enemy That Day
BAKERY | MARGATE, KENT, UK | BAD BEHAVIOR, LANGUAGE & WORDS, PRANK
(My job mainly involves emptying sanitary bins in ladies toilets. I’m about to service a bakery when I see a couple get out of a car and go inside.)

Man: *with thick Spanish accent* “One loaf of [bread].”

Baker: “Okay, that will be a few minutes. There’s just some in the oven.”

Me: “Hi, just here to do the bins.”

Baker: “Okay, go through.”

(As I go through I hear the man speak again.)

Man: *in Spanish* “What a loser to do a job like that.”

(Once I’m done, I went back out to my van. The couple had gone but their car was still there. I went back inside and asked to borrow some red food colouring. They let me take a very small bottle and I went back to my van, grabbed a tampon that I use to stock machines with, dipped the end in the food colouring, and then left it on the window of his car. When I next went to the bakery they told me they got a giggle out of his reaction.)

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Mar 31, 2017

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pththya-lyi posted:

RE: Child-freeness - People do often ask me if I have children and, when I tell them I don't, ask me why. I think asking why someone doesn't have kids is intrusive - unless there's a throne to fill, it's not anybody else's business why a couple doesn't have children - but I don't know how to call people out without making it look like I'm the rude one. Ultimately, I choose not to let it bother me. People tend to accept my explanation; nobody has scolded or insulted me yet.

e: Content -
Made A Blood Enemy That Day
BAKERY | MARGATE, KENT, UK | BAD BEHAVIOR, LANGUAGE & WORDS, PRANK
(My job mainly involves emptying sanitary bins in ladies toilets. I’m about to service a bakery when I see a couple get out of a car and go inside.)

Man: *with thick Spanish accent* “One loaf of [bread].”

Baker: “Okay, that will be a few minutes. There’s just some in the oven.”

Me: “Hi, just here to do the bins.”

Baker: “Okay, go through.”

(As I go through I hear the man speak again.)

Man: *in Spanish* “What a loser to do a job like that.”

(Once I’m done, I went back out to my van. The couple had gone but their car was still there. I went back inside and asked to borrow some red food colouring. They let me take a very small bottle and I went back to my van, grabbed a tampon that I use to stock machines with, dipped the end in the food colouring, and then left it on the window of his car. When I next went to the bakery they told me they got a giggle out of his reaction.)

Lol what the gently caress world is this where emptying the sanitary bins isn't the responsibility of the normal cleaning staff (which at a bakery would just be the employees) but something you hire an outside contractor for? Is this actually a thing?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
And why would you announce that's what you were doing? Just go and do the job, janitors don't pop into classrooms and say "hey, I'm just here to wipe down the shitters, carry on".

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
More Not Always Right:

quote:

Smoking Pot Calling The Kettle… Black
HOTEL | NC, USA | BIGOTRY, CRIMINAL & ILLEGAL, HOTELS & LODGING
(I am coming on my shift and my manager is leaving, but wants to show me his new car so we proceed outside. While we are discussing the car, a Cadillac pulls up in the far corner of the parking lot and just sits there for around thirty minutes as we talk about the car. I jokingly say “there is another drug deal going down.” My manager gets in his car and pulls up next to the Cadillac, then comes back to the door, gets out, and the both of us go inside.)

Me: “So what was he doing?”

Manager: “He was smoking a joint. He claims to be a guest here; I’m going to verify that.”

(We get to the desk and look up the room number. As we are doing this the guy walks in and stands by the desk.)

Guest: “So just because I am black and wearing a wife beater you assume that I was doing something illegal?”

Me: “Uh, what?”

Guest: “You’re racist, man! You assumed I was dealing drugs and doing illegal things cause I’m black!”

(I am a white male in my early twenties, and my manager is an older black guy.)

Me: “If you want to get technical about it, sir, you were doing something. Last time I checked pot is still illegal; correct me if I’m wrong. Instead of accusing me of being racist, you should be thankful that we haven’t gotten the cops involved in this matter.”

(He turned and walked away. He didn’t say a single word to me for the rest of his stay. Turns out you’re racist for catching someone smoking pot; who knew?)

quote:

Will You See Them Later, Alligator?
ARCADE | JACKSONVILLE, FL, USA | CRAZY REQUESTS, PETS & ANIMALS
(I work at a place where we have arcade games and things like that. We also have alligators out front that you can get food for and feed if you want to. None of the staff mess with the gators; we mostly just leave them alone.)

Me: “Hello, sir, can I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, you can. My family and I want to swim with the alligators. How much is that?”

Me: “Um, sir, we don’t offer that service because… the gators will eat you.”

Customer: “That’s stupid! I know you’re lying to me! They are tamed; otherwise you couldn’t feed them. Go get your manager!”

Me: *goes and gets manager, and tells manager what happened*

Manager: “If you want to go swim with the gators go ahead. Free of charge.”

Customer: “Finally someone with sense!”

Manager: *turns to me* “Sometimes you just gotta save the savable.”

quote:

I’m So Tolerant I Can’t STOP Talking About It!
FLORIST | CEDAR RAPIDS, IA, USA | AT THE CHECKOUT
(I work in a flower shop. It’s shortly after Valentine’s Day, so we’re all recovering from the rush. I’m a woman in my twenties.)

Customer: “So, did you and your husband do anything for Valentine’s Day?”

Me: “I had to work, but my partner understands. I sent flowers and we had dinner when I got home.”

Customer: “Oh, is that what we have to say now? ‘Partner?’ Not ‘husband’ or ‘wife’?”

Me: *a little annoyed* “Well, considering I’m gay and I don’t always feel like outing myself to random strangers, yes.”

Customer: “Ha, sure. You know, we’re having training at my job for that. We have to use different words. Gotta make sure we don’t offend anyone who’s not heterosexual.” *laughs*

Me: “Mm.”

Customer: “You know, I’m fine with it.”

Me: “Okay, good.”

Customer: “As long as you’re happy.”

Me: “I am.”

Customer: “You should go to San Francisco. They’re so tolerant there. It’s crazy.”

Me: “…uh-huh.”

Customer: “So liberal. I mean, it’s insane. They kiss in public there and everything. The first time I saw that, I was like, ‘What the h***?!’ I couldn’t believe it! In public!”

Me: “…”

Customer: “You really should go there. You’d love it. You’d fit right in.”

Me: “Have a nice day, sir…”

(Whatever his training was, I think that customer needed remedial classes.)

quote:

Wish You Could Give Them A Cold Shower
TRUCK STOP | ON, CANADA | CRAZY REQUESTS, EXTRA STUPID
(I am working as a supervisor at a truck stop that has shower facilities available for travelers and truck drivers for a small fee. If truck drivers purchase a certain amount of fuel then they’re be entitled to a free shower. I am paged over to the counter where I find a man and woman, visibly upset, yelling at the cashier.)

Me: “Hi, I’m the supervisor. Is there something I can help you with?”

Male Customer: “Yeah, this idiot won’t give me a free f****** shower! This is ridiculous! I bought enough fuel so I should get a free f****** shower!”

Female Customer: “She’s so stupid! Why won’t she just give us the free shower?! We bought gas!”

Me: “I’m sure I can sort this out; can I just see your receipt for the fuel?”

(When he hands me the receipt I notice that it is for a different truck stop.)

Me: “Sir, this is for [Other Truck Stop]. Had you purchased the fuel from us, or even one of our other locations we could give you a free shower, but not from our competitors.”

(At this point the woman’s face goes slack and she starts backing up towards the door, obviously realizing the mistake.)

Male Customer: “It doesn’t f****** matter! I got fuel so you have to give me a shower! I get a free shower as long as I fuel up!”

Me: “Sir, it’s like filling up your [Burger Chain #1] card and then trying to redeem it at [Burger Chain #2]. We don’t reward people for giving business to other companies.”

Male Customer: “This is f****** bull-s***! I’m gonna tell everyone I know to not stop here anymore! It shouldn’t matter where I get fuel; you still have to give me a shower!”

(He continued in the same vein as he walked out the door, his girlfriend having left some time before.)

quote:

Sometimes, The Compliments ARE Complimentary
PLUMBER | AK, USA | AWESOME CUSTOMERS, BAD BEHAVIOR, CRAZY REQUESTS
(I work at a small family owned plumbing and heating company where the owner sometimes makes special exceptions for people who do a lot of business with us or are close friends to them. I also have exceptional customer service skills when it comes to irate customers. This exchange happens during the winter, when we are the busiest.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Local Plumbing and heating Company]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “You guys installed a furnace for me a couple of months ago, and you still haven’t come back out to finish the work. When can we do that?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but it may be at least two weeks before we can finish that work due to our high volume of calls for no heat.”

Customer: *now very irate* “That is absolutely unacceptable!! I paid a lot of money for this to be done properly, and it should have been done over a month ago! You need to send [Specific Technician] out right now so he can finish his half-a**ed job!”

Me: “I do apologize for this, sir, but we are very busy with rather important calls, and seeing as the work that needs to be finished isn’t life threatening, we are going to have to schedule you two-to-three weeks down the road.”

Customer: “I’m going to call the owner right now and complain to him about your incompetence and lack of customer service skills!”
(He hangs up. I continue on with my work, as now it has piled up quite a bit while I was on the phone with him. He calls back again, and I answer his call.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Local Plumbing and Heating Company]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “It’s me again. I talked to your boss. I’m calling you back to apologize for how I treated you. I’ve been having a rough time with things lately and it was wrong of me to take it out on you like that. I also told your boss that you’re a huge asset to the company and if anything, he should give you a raise for not losing your cool with me when you should have.”

(Sir, I don’t know where you are now, but I wish I had time to tell you how much saying that meant to me. Even with my good customer service skills, I rarely receive compliments about it and that truly made my day!)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Lol what the gently caress world is this where emptying the sanitary bins isn't the responsibility of the normal cleaning staff (which at a bakery would just be the employees) but something you hire an outside contractor for? Is this actually a thing?

I assume he's specifically referring to the sanitized/hazardous material boxes (like the ones they have for used needles at airports and sometimes have in women's restrooms for biohazard material.)

This still didn't happen.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I hate all the people who wrote those. The family wanting to swim with gators is especially egregious.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

More Not Always Right:

The truck stop one is pretty possible. I worked at a truck stop for three years, and people would try to scam showers. It's not a very interesting story, though. Customers try to get free poo poo they didn't earn all the time. They just was hoping the clerk wouldn't notice what receipt he had or just wouldn't care.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

TRUCK STOP

man and woman,

woman’s face goes slack and she starts backing up towards the door,

his girlfriend having left some time before.

Yeah, not his girlfriend, and not interested in shower.

If it happened.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Lol because menstrual blood and tissue looks just like food coloring, right guys?

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
There's a pattern I've been noticing with retail "confessions" or stuff on Not Always Right. The interesting ones with the wacky characters are clearly fake. The other ones are just... who cares?

"I WORK AT [PLACE] AND THERE WAS A LONG LINE AND THE CUSTOMERS WERE UNREASONABLY MAD."

"A CUSTOMER TRIED TO GET FREE STUFF THAT THEY DIDN'T DESERVE AND THEY GOT IT/DIDN'T GET IT."

"SOMEONE ASKED ME A REAL DUMB QUESTION AND I WAS LIKE UGGGGH."

That sucks, dude. I don't want to hear a boring story about it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Not Always Right is not just shooting fish in a barrel, it's hand-grenading them.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Bertrand Hustle posted:

At least in Australia and the UK, sanitary bins can't be emptied by regular cleaning staff. They have big writing on them saying "CLEANERS DO NOT EMPTY THIS BIN". They're full of blood and tissue so you have to get someone else in to do it.

Also, "One loaf of [bread]"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

The truck stop one is pretty possible. I worked at a truck stop for three years, and people would try to scam showers. It's not a very interesting story, though. Customers try to get free poo poo they didn't earn all the time. They just was hoping the clerk wouldn't notice what receipt he had or just wouldn't care.

That one and the "tolerance" one, I can believe. The latter sounds very much like a guy who didn't believe in global warming when he came to do his training and exams. He ranted about how it's a scam all the way to his practical exam out back.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
The comment saying that her niece stories are always great makes me want to go through and see what other stdh her niece gets into.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yes, the teacher is the snowflake

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
I'm an assistant receptionist at a dentist's office, working part-time while studying for my macrobiology degree at uni. Normally it's a pretty quiet job, people come in for their appointments, they wait, I call them when it's time to go in, simple. But one day, this loud, red-faced woman barged in...]

Woman (Crazy): EXCUSE ME, I NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT!! AUGHHHH!!!
Boss: Of course, if you wait here I will finish dealing with this customer and then I will be with you shortly.
Woman: NOOOOOOooo!! NOT THAT!! I WANT TO COMPLAIN NOOOooOOWWW!!
Boss: (Sigh) Yes madam. What seems to be the trouble?
Woman: UAH!! UGH!!! I CAME HERE FOR A CHECK UP THREE WEEKS AGO AND MY TEETH STILL GOT DIRTY!! F*** YOU YOU B****!!
Me (standing up, the flames of righteousness burning brightly in my eyes): Excuse me, miss, but I have to step in here. First of all, just getting a check up isn't enough to stop your teeth getting dirty - you need to brush them and apply proper dental hygiene. Secondly, it's ridiculous to think that nine-eleven could have been anything but the result of an inside job. Thermite is the only substance that could have burned hot enough to melt the steel girders in the world trade center buildings. Thirdly, it's not fair for you to be so rude and impolite to my associate here, who is just trying to do her job. Now if you can't be more respectful to me and my boss here, we're going to have to ask you to leave.
Woman (Cowering pathetically, like the dog she was): WHAT THE F***ING S***!? YOU F***ING N***** B****!!! YOU CAN'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, I'M BEST FRIENDS WITH THE OWNER!! UAHHHH! I THINK NINE-ELEVEN ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! I'LL KILL YOU!!

[After this the woman RAN out of the building, furious, and everyone sitting down in the waiting room actually stood up and applauded for me! Later some of them came over to me and told me that they were "surprised" that anyone could be so rude, they congratulated me for being brave, and they also said that they agreed that 9/11 never happened. Don't trust the government. Get the facts.]

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/customer-always-right/

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
g0m owns

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Whoever made this clearly hasen't actually played D&D before.

So are they are starting at the top of the steps or at the bottom? At first it seems like the bottom since he is running UP stairs with his speed increase but then when the DM is calculating his running speed he is somehow magically at the bottom again?

If all the steps are doing is doubling his movement speed each time then what exactly is causing him to go so fast as to cause the Big Bang? It's changing how FAR you can move not how FAST

Also if you want to get technical about it, all the Boots of Speed do in 5e is double your walking speed so even if somehow the trap made him run up the stairs super fast then the boots wouldn't have any sort of effect in that regard

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

If all the steps are doing is doubling his movement speed each time then what exactly is causing him to go so fast as to cause the Big Bang? It's changing how FAR you can move not how FAST

Well that's what speed is yes. Speed is distance over time and in dnd combat time is set (6 seconds iirc but i havrnt played since 3.5) therefore speed changes how far you could move in a turn.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Aerox posted:

g0m owns

g0m is the best

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Whoever made this clearly hasen't actually played D&D before.

So are they are starting at the top of the steps or at the bottom? At first it seems like the bottom since he is running UP stairs with his speed increase but then when the DM is calculating his running speed he is somehow magically at the bottom again?

Also if you want to get technical about it, all the Boots of Speed do in 5e is double your walking speed so even if somehow the trap made him run up the stairs super fast then the boots wouldn't have any sort of effect in that regard

all this autism about D&D and you don't even get how motion works

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Slime posted:

all this autism about D&D and you don't even get how motion works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007