Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't know about the chests I'm just in it for the exotic primaries and ornaments :dukedoge:

Got all 4 adept primaries + gasm in 2 runs :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

Got all 4 adept primaries + gasm in 2 runs :smuggo:

Same :discourse:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I only hosed it up a few times :v:

srsly tho I really like this strat. It's super safe for everyone. The only tricky party is managing your damage so you don't leave him in enrage, same as year 1. Plus you can just keep adding damage phases if your bearer didn't get all his slams.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Any tips for getting to 260 light?

Haven't played since Taken King, and trying to get to 260 light for Rise of Iron. Currently at 249.

EDIT: Guess I have to keep doing strikes and inch closer and closer to it.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 31, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Games > Destiny 2 shards your Adept Fatebringer

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I've seen people saying the trailer was bad because cayde wasn't serious enough for the serious shootman destiny the shootening

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm just glad we finally have an in-universe confirmation that loot is life, loot is love.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are xur exotics getting bumped up to 380 like the vendor gear?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

limaCAT posted:

Games > Destiny 2 shards your Adept Fatebringer

Shard all the pathetic new exotics, yes. Unironically stellar advice.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

Shard all the pathetic new exotics, yes. Unironically stellar advice.

Read that again

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Read that again
Okay, read it again, and after all this influx of the worst guns in the game and everything Hamrick has done, it's a blessing everyone is losing their AIDS inventories. It's such a good thing that why wait, go ahead and shard those pieces of poo poo.

Your turn. Learn to read.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
what

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cvnvcnv posted:

Okay, read it again, and after all this influx of the worst guns in the game and everything Hamrick has done, it's a blessing everyone is losing their AIDS inventories. It's such a good thing that why wait, go ahead and shard those pieces of poo poo.

ConsoleShooterPlayers.txt

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Friend you should go outside and not touch your electronics until you are less angry.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'll keep my sexy exotics so I can relive the past even when 2 comes out. Namaste.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The first time my group beat Crota HM was great. The swordbearer and I ran up (I was the Titan shielding him) and right before the last hit could connect, he mistimed something and got squished by Crota. The Oversoul starts firing and we're all like "well we're hosed" when the guy on chat realizes the sword is still there and starts screaming at me to pick it up. I stop punching Crota in the scrotas (I had nothing better to do) and stab him, winning the fight.

I hope Thunderlord makes it back to Destiny 2. Electric machine guns that make things explode and chain react into more explosions are the best.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 31, 2017

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

No wonder we had trouble we were trying this strat but when crota was in the starting position

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Last night I realized literally all vendor gear is 380 and not 350, so the grind is absolutely minimal for anyone returning, I feel dumb not seeing it before

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Kingtheninja posted:

Are xur exotics getting bumped up to 380 like the vendor gear?

I just checked and the answer is no. They're 350 still.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ciaphas posted:

Only problem in my case is getting past the OP's "I'm an idiot loser and like playing by myself" clause :v:

Then in that case I would skip it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Jk, Exotics with no Exotic perk and other perks still wasted on situational raid ish are actually good guns! Indispensable!

They have insane base stats

I remember when people bitched about Shadow of Veils because it had the fallen perk.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Last night I realized literally all vendor gear is 380 and not 350, so the grind is absolutely minimal for anyone returning, I feel dumb not seeing it before
Sort of. You still have to be a high enough level to play content that yields legendary marks, although I guess Crucible helps with that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Fifty Three posted:

Sort of. You still have to be a high enough level to play content that yields legendary marks, although I guess Crucible helps with that.

Definitely, I also don't mind sherpa-ing any returning friends through the various activities to get the Marks necessary to bolster, either. That Story Mission Hardmore playlist is a godsend; easy 100 marks a week, on top of all the other activities giving you Marks every week.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I have had really good luck with lfg lately beat crota in less than an hour with both challenges, we got ir yut in 1:57 too. Also the exotic adept weapons have got to be using smart loot. I got all 4 on the first 4 challenge mode completions. The adept weapons are cool. Now I just need to figure out how to git gud and go to the lighthouse.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I've seen people saying the trailer was bad because cayde wasn't serious enough for the serious shootman destiny the shootening

Actually it hit pretty close to home for the average Destiny player, the LFG scene has plenty of self serving people. The robot man says basically "[My poo poo is more important than your poo poo, but we're all gonna get a bunch of loot]" which sums up the advertisements friendless nerds get on those boards

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Just learned of Destiny 2 via a Twitter ad with the trailer. It looked so bad I had to double check it wasn't some weird fan made stuff.

LOL at the tower getting blown up. It's like I always said, the promise to keep your guardian was nothing more than a face import.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thanks for the hot take.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Just learned of Destiny 2 via a Twitter ad with the trailer. It looked so bad I had to double check it wasn't some weird fan made stuff.

LOL at the tower getting blown up. It's like I always said, the promise to keep your guardian was nothing more than a face import.

You're extremely smart, dude, and everyone wants to talk to you/be friends with you

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They have insane base stats

I remember when people bitched about Shadow of Veils because it had the fallen perk.
Yes, which is why the Legendary versions are good. The Exotics are trash.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Same fire rate

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sometimes I piss with my rear end much like omnigul, but then I don't moan about a new game so it's ok.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Yes, which is why the Legendary versions are good. The Exotics are trash.

Yeah primaries that do elemental damage suck, he lisped

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People should be aware that putting in elemental primaries as exotics only is just a beta test for Destiny 2. Bungie wants data on how players choose their loadouts to educate their future decisions.

One might argue that Zhalo should have already told them everything they needed to know but hey no one ever turned their nose at more statistics.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey Bungie here's some free statistics: i want more guns like hard light that shoot pew pew lasers. It's the loving future i want more laser guns

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

Hey Bungie here's some free statistics: i want more guns like hard light that shoot pew pew lasers. It's the loving future i want more laser guns

Switch to hawksaw.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want a fusion in every slot, exotics too. Give us the power.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Let me stack more than 2 grenades as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

el B posted:

Then in that case I would skip it.

Bought rise of iron anyway on the basis that I'll hopefully get over my antisocial tendency in the name of cool content :v:

• Locked thread