Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/3/31/15136702/mike-vecchione-signs-flyers-contract

Flyers sign Mike Vecchione as a UDFA from Union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers trying to out tank Pittsburgh and will sit McDonagh tonight

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
We finally get to see how bad each Rangers defenseman is without McDonagh.

Maybe we'll also get a preview of Brady Skjei in the #1 slot, because he's really good.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zodijackylite posted:

We finally get to see how bad each Rangers defenseman is without McDonagh.

Maybe we'll also get a preview of Brady Skjei in the #1 slot, because he's really good.

Skjei is Real Good and everyone else stinks, especially Staal and Girardi. SavedYouAClick

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

He plays on the top pair, but that has to be understood in the way that teams these days tend to split their 1 and 2 D, and for Toronto those two are clearly Rielly and Gardiner. Zaitsev is fine as a defenceman -- even possession in fairly tough minutes while producing on the powerplay -- so 4.5 million a year is fine short term, but 7 years makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah I'm not liking this trend of giving everyone salary and term. Why commit to 7 years of a defenseman you've only had 70 games to evaluate unless you see untapped potential? He's okay as a top four guy and young enough but I don't see him having a huge breakout season to make this a bargain and there's plenty of risk considering he doesn't really have a standout skill. The booming one-timer he was supposed to have in the KHL hasn't really shown up here.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Jonathan Ericsson Contract Extension History:

2008 (age 24) 3 years, $2.7m AAV
2011 (age 27) 3 years, $3.25m AAV
2013 (age 29) 6 years, $4.25m AAV

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Teemu Pokemon posted:

drat, he gonna get paaaaaid in 2019.

Also, despite beating up on Ottawa the other night, Minnesota crawling into the playoffs pleases me.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

tinstaach posted:

obligatory Fire Ken Holland

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

he is a bad defenseman.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Hire Therrien

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is the most flyers thing

BSH posted:

The Flyers may have jumped out to a 5-0 lead by the end of the first period, and never saw their edge move to less than two goals, but they didn’t exactly dominate when it came to the territorial battle. Philadelphia was outshot on the night by a 41-30 margin, and posted a 38.1% score-adjusted Corsi at 5v5. They did a bit better by the weighted even strength metrics (43.90% xG) but still ended up below water compared to their opponent.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

Maybe teach Orpik not to play with matches if he doesn't want to get burned.

He's right though. Lots of no accountability losers in the league right now that need a good punch to the head

don't sign your posts

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

DJExile posted:

Score effects

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

So... Hakstol is actually really bad?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

So... Hakstol is actually really bad?

Well...

abuse culture. posted:

Score effects

It's likely this. Flyers were up 5-0 after 1 and it's hard to blame them for coming off the throttle and figuring nobody was going to give a poo poo for the rest of the game.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Golden Knights are starting to get into some pre-game routines:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/847856569551175680

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is still my favorite Elias play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2bGQa6oZY

to do that in the loving finals

Also because I was three rows behind Brodeur :cool:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Habs clinching playoff spots while I'm burning the midnight oil at work. I couldn't even watch it cause fuckers had the Leafs game on the TV instead.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

this is still my favorite Elias play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2bGQa6oZY

to do that in the loving finals

Also because I was three rows behind Brodeur :cool:

Kuznetsov has practically made a career out of that move. Also who can forget this vicious scrum between Elias and Giroux?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chad Sexington posted:

Kuznetsov has practically made a career out of that move. Also who can forget this vicious scrum between Elias and Giroux?

I've seen kittens playfighting that was more vicious than this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kilza posted:

lol this is great

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

Please cancel the expansion draft so the team is just this guy forever with imaginary friends.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

Has anyone played Old Time Hockey yet? Is it worth the 15bux?
I was hoping for a 2d (or pseudo 2d) hockey game with actual puck physics but this looks even clunkier than EA's NHL.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Happy birthday, Pavel Bure.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Kilza posted:

This is cool but it's either going to be real sad when this dude shoots a million "First player!" promos and then never cracks the lineup or he's going to get hundreds of NHL games played despite being bad because "First Player!"

I mean, I guess he could end up being OK but that seems like a slim chance.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
he's probably as likely to get a shot as anyone they'll pick up in the expansion draft

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

JawKnee posted:

he's probably as likely to get a shot as anyone they'll pick up in the expansion draft

Most of the expansion players probably have a stronger background than undrafted* CHL overager.

edit: *I guess he was a 6th rounder a while ago.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 31, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So I was having a fun argument/discussion with my dad about how the playoffs are shaping up. The only things we could agree on are that the Rangers are somehow getting no attention and the most likely team to win the East and that the Blackhawks are probably going to get upset in the first round.

I hope we are wrong because a Ducks/Rags SCF would be almost as bad as the Kings/Rags one.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
His junior numbers aren't really anything special considering how old he is, but he's probably good enough to play bottom 6. He'd probably also never get that chance if there wasn't an expansion team.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Furnaceface posted:

So I was having a fun argument/discussion with my dad about how the playoffs are shaping up. The only things we could agree on are that the Rangers are somehow getting no attention and the most likely team to win the East and that the Blackhawks are probably going to get upset in the first round.

I hope we are wrong because a Ducks/Rags SCF would be almost as bad as the Kings/Rags one.

If only RAS shared your optimism. I think we all expect to go down in flames again. The defense is real bad. We need to get lucky and start clicking soon.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

Even with their miserable track record I'd take the Caps over the Rags and the Pens will be right there as well, especially if they can get some of their injured D back.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

The media realizes the same things RAS does, they overachieved in the beginning and despite being a decent team, they lack good defense/goaltending. I do think if they get past the Haps they have a shot at the ECF but I don't expect them to get past the Haps now that Thierren is gone... Unless Kreider strikes again.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Is anyone here the hero that I need who might have that old Mega Man boss screen with Wide Man because I really need it very badly

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So the Canes agreed with Smallman, the Captain of the Junior team here, to a 3 year entry deal. I hope he runs with it. He's got a wicked shot and has been very reliable the last few seasons.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Random question: what's the highest negative goal differential a team has ever had over an NHL season because I feel like Colorado's gotta be knocking on that door.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

reach42 posted:

Random question: what's the highest negative goal differential a team has ever had over an NHL season because I feel like Colorado's gotta be knocking on that door.

74-75 Capitals, -265.

Here's all of them -100 or worse: http://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...er_by=date_game

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Colorado probably could lose the rest of their games by 27 goals each, right?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

They should add a "1974-75 Washington Capitals: Worst Team in NHL History" banner to the Verizon Center rafters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

They should add a "1974-75 Washington Capitals: Worst Team in NHL History" banner to the Verizon Center rafters.

Yeah, they lost 39 of 40 road games. And only 7 at home.

It's truly impressive badness.

• Locked thread