Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spice snipe :c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

I fuckin love twitter

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inspector Hound posted:

This isn't what she said

she said she ordered the breadcrumbs and poo poo and that Obama knew, when she literally could not have

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Most previous press secretaries have multiple-hour briefs on what is going on so they can at least coherently lie through their teeth about things. I feel like Sean Spicer just wakes up from a horrible hangover, pounds a pot of coffee and strolls into the office like, 3 minutes before he has to do these things

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

I'd rather everyone laugh at their bus with flat tires than get some nice news story tlaking about the poor christians and their burned down bus

burn down the newspaper imo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

*gets dysentery*

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
look neither the president or spicy knows what 'immunity' means and it's been already established, lets move on geez

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

sexpig by night posted:

HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW IMMUNITY WORKS

He doesn't know how anything works, why would immunity be any different?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

He can't even give non-answers right because he does so little prep for this stuff

It's crazy at this point because he is so consistently incomprehensible and strings together words and sentences that don't even make any sense, I've covered press conferences from loving rural school districts and small townships that have been more competent than this

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Major really wants Spicey to admit that Trump has no idea how immunity works.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Serf posted:

at least we agree on the end goals

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Most previous press secretaries have multiple-hour briefs on what is going on so they can at least coherently lie through their teeth about things. I feel like Sean Spicer just wakes up from a horrible hangover, pounds a pot of coffee and strolls into the office like, 3 minutes before he has to do these things

I think someone before said he's like he just got quantum lept into minutes before the briefing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ramadu posted:

lol arent all the sanctuary cities in revenue positive staates

not new orleans

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
looks like Spicy picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is hard to make sense when everything is a lie.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

she said she ordered the breadcrumbs and poo poo and that Obama knew, when she literally could not have

Hmm, maybe I'm the one misunderstanding then, i didn't think she was saying she was responsible for it just that it had happened, and snopes said an nyt article said the same thing

Elephanthead posted:

It is hard to make sense when everything is a lie.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Did Spicey just call him congressman Shits?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you know, West Wing was stupid fanfic jerkoff fantasy world stuff, where everyone in the Executive Branch was some genius master debater who know everything, but gently caress even they showed CJ studying before a big press day or something. How do you take this job and not even google poo poo before going out?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GobiasIndustries posted:

waking up, puking, and then checking the president's tweets (not necessarily in that order) are habits three through five of successful people

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GobiasIndustries posted:

:same:

part of the reason he's so upset during these is that he has to poo poo crazy bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inspector Hound posted:

Hmm, maybe I'm the one misunderstanding then, i didn't think she was saying she was responsible for it just that it had happened, and snopes said an nyt article saris the same thing

I forgot if she personally claimed 'credit' or not I suppose but the point is she wasn't in the office when that happened

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if spicer thinks he's a smart person

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

spice snipe :c00lbutt:

This dude should stop shaking his head.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Prior to Spicy my entire experience of WH press briefings was CJ Cregg.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/apr/30/west-wings-cj-cregg-surprises-journalists-at-white-house-briefing-video

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Office Pig posted:

i wonder if spicer thinks he's a smart person

Spicer strikes me as at least self aware enough to know he's the palace jester

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

TRUMP!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I wonder if Spicey leaves and is like "another Two Minutes Hate over :("

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Serf posted:

Worked well for good ol' Joe Smith!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

GobiasIndustries posted:

basically two points:

1.) this entire administration is completely threadbare and only recently got a communications director, there's probably not enough people to actually get him on top of everything anyways

2.) he's insanely bad at his job

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

you know, West Wing was stupid fanfic jerkoff fantasy world stuff, where everyone in the Executive Branch was some genius master debater who know everything, but gently caress even they showed CJ studying before a big press day or something. How do you take this job and not even google poo poo before going out?

Consider- the people preparing his briefings are likely equally incompetent (and understaffed)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well that was a press briefing where absolutely no question was answered

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
you know how there's a theme where turmp has been hiring people for secretary positions based on how confrontational they'll be with the departments they'll head and be bad for them

i genuinely wonder if they took the same approach with spicy

"the easter bunny man who has problems reading and writing, whats's his name? I want him as my mouthpiece. and another KFC famous bowl"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sean should just move to LA or NY and do standup where people ask him questions about random poo poo because his answers to everything are loving amazing.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The first thing i do is wake up and check the president of the united states twitter to determine how dumb my day is going to be god bless

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"I think what I was saying"

YOU DONT HAVE TO THINK, YOU KNOW!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

Spicy works for Donald Trump, who has never prepared in advance for goddamn anything. Remember the debates?

The whole admin believes in "fake it 'til you make it" as their governing policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LGD posted:

Consider- the people preparing his briefings are likely equally incompetent (and understaffed)

that's somehow even worse.

imagine that this actually IS Spicer prepped and ready

• Locked thread